Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-03-20 Name: Sherry
Location: Covington, GA

"Piece of JUNK"
Have had this unit for 7 years and have had to spend over $2,000 on it. This is utterly ridiculous. Trane should be ashamed of themselves selling such shabby units. Our subdivision is only 7 years old and everyone in this subdivision has had to either get a new unit or put extensive money into the one they have, unbelievable!!

Date created: 2012-01-29 Name: Len K.
Location: coconut creek, Fla

"Leaking Drip Pan"
My mothers trane air conditioner coil pan is overflowing. The air handling unit is designed to be installed in the ceiling and access to the pan underneath the coil requires the removal of the coil just to clean it out. Service repair men are quoting $750 dollars to remove the coil, clean the pan, and then reinstall the coil. You would think Trane would have a fix for this access problem. If anyone has experienced this in the past please let me know. I understand this is a common problem and very costly to repair.

Date created: 2012-01-16 Name: Anthony Bennett
Location: Roseboro, North Carolina

"Sorry piece of junk"
I can honestly say this is one of the worst pieces of junk that we've ever, ever owned. Nothing stops a Trane, yeah right. We've been in our home for 8 years and this piece had shut down 10 times or more. Had the compressor changed twice already. Have had freon leaks, breakers failed and you name it. Now, compressor is gone again. They're telling me $1200.00 for a new one or $5,000 for a new unit. Our service records show tech people have been to my home 12 times in 8 years. Beware comsumers, "eave the trane on the tracks"and find something else

Date created: 2011-12-08 Name: Hottsoundz NOW
Location: Phoenix, Az

"Why is HEAT setting randomly blowing FRIGID air?"
Looks like I'm the only one who has a Trane Heating & Cooling system that decides to blows out crisp cold air, regardless of whether or not it's seat to heat! I tend to not like surprises with a heating cooling system; Whenever I set it to heat, sometimes it blows heat, then sometimes it will blow cold or at outside temperature! Tonight it's in the 30's! This means; Either I have to just turn it off, or stay up all night to make sure it consistently blows out heat before I wake up frozen! If it were summertime, I'd leave a more positive response, but I do not like cold air in the late fall and winter, especially when it's clearly set to heat! Of course, right now I'm somewhat unsatisfied. If only the summer air conditioning blew out air just as cold as the heat setting sometimes does in the winter! Yes, we rent the townhouse, but we purchased the actual Trane Air Conditioner for this unit!

Date created: 2011-12-06 Name: chris
Location: louisiana

"Nate certified technician"
Just want everyone to know, that 98% of all unit failures are due to systems not being installed properly, not just with trane, its with carrier, heil, goodman, etc. Been in the air business, for 28 years, and I have installed all brands and I haven't had a problem with trane or carrier, no major break downs at all, very , very few, it's all in how it's installed, did they purge the lines with nitrogen when they soldered, did they cover the txv when they soldered so not to damage the txv, if they didn't it will cause the txv to stay permanently closed and blow the compressor out, don't always point the finger at the machines.

Date created: 2011-09-24 Name: Alan Sweet
Location: Chelsea, AL

"Surprised at how bad"
We have a trane 4tec3f18a1000A 1 1/2. Over the last 3 years we have had freon leak and core replaced. It only services the basement; 1100 square feet. It runs all the time and seldom cools the basement down. It is expensive to run. I notice that the number is not in the list. Is this system a real lemon? I need to call the repair service again to find out why it runs all the time now.

Date created: 2011-09-21 Name: ann speer
Location: Carrizo Springs

"New home owner"
We bought two Trane a/c units from the local dealer when we built our home five years ago in July 2011. The first year, we had to replace the thermostats. The second year we had to have freon added to one unit. The next year we had to have a new fan motor installed in one of the units. We have had to have freon added a total of four times. We left is our old house a Carrier that never needed anything other than a cleaning after 10 years time.

Date created: 2011-08-17 Name: John

"Trane"
I have serviced and installed commercial and residential hvac equipment for 15 years. I also have Trane equipment in my own home that I have not had any problems with. First, let's be reasonable. There is not a manufacturer out there that does not have a problem once in a while. These machines are man-made. Second, many problems with equipment of all makes and models come from poor installations and mis-applications. Third, many problems arise from poor maintenance practices. Now, here's another point to make. Many people have complained about labor cost, however, Trane offers a 10 year parts and labor warranty but most homeowners do not wish to purchase this even though it's cost is minimal. If your equipment is under 5 years old, it may still be eligible for an extended warranty. As for calling the distributor, they are most likely not going to talk directly with the homeowner but will direct you to contact a contractor. The quality of Trane equipment has been and still is among the best in the industry. The bottom line is that if you have it sized properly, installed properly, and maintained properly you are going to have much better luck with any equipment your buy.

Date created: 2011-08-02 Name: Vasquez

"Original Unit to House"
We purchased our house 6 years ago and we're very reluctant about purchasing in the first place because the a/c unit was so old. The current homeowners assured us that they had never had problems with their unit, and boy they were right! We've owned the home 6 years now and only have had minimal yearly maintenance repairs. We've estimated the unit is around 26 years old and it still runs like a champ through our deep South heat waves! Thanks Trane!

Date created: 2011-07-29 Name: Doug J.

"This trane runs"
Motto's being what they are, this Trane does keep runing. Despite being hit by numerous baseballs and footballs from my kids activities and a few major hail storms this a/c runs great. While I have a few dents due to the abuse my kids are taking out on the equipment it runs fine. Were dealing with heat indexes over 100 the last few weeks and the house stays nice and coool. The unit runs like its brand new. Well it runs like a Trane.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>