Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-06-12 Name: Frances Shea
Location: Covington. :A

"Not your Mammas Trane"
I had always heard Trane ran like a Train, reliable and long running. I replaced a very old Trane with a new one about 5 years ago. At 5 years, 3 months, with very responsible and careful use, the condenser is going out. I have had it repaired twice since January at a cost of about 600$. My repairman says that Trane does not have reliable quality like it did back in the day. He recommends replacing it with a Carrier. I am disappointed to say the least.

Date created: 2012-06-08 Name: Roberta Horn
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

"Your a/c junk"
I purchased a home a/c back in Dec.2006. It has been a nightmare. I live in Florida and when it goes out the house temperature goes up to 85 degrees. First it was the fan. Then over a year ago it was working on and off. The company who service my appliances said they could not come out if it was working. a few weeks later it went out again. a man came and said there was a clog. I have had yearly service on this a/C. The water was clean when he flushed it out. a few weeks later it went out again. This time they told me to change the batteries which I did. It went out again and this time the thermostat was changed and 2 parts in the outside unit had to be replaced. This man told me he was an a/c expert. Now it went out again. Again I was told if the man comes there would be a charge. I said send the man. Well to make a long story short it turned out it was the compressor. To add the icing on the cake the part was covered by the warranty but the labor was not. The charge was $300. When it started working the technician noticed the condenser wasn't working right so now that has to be replaced. what a piece of junk. I told the man from the service company that they sold me a lemon.

Date created: 2012-05-31 Name: m smith
Location: Rye, NY

"Trane Wreck"
I completely overhauled my central ac system in 2008. The service company I chose had been established for nearly 40 years and is an exclusive Trane dealer. Two years later the coil went bad which they replaced for $600. Since then, it's failed to properly cool my modest 2500 sq ft home which I probably only run the ac for 3-4 months out of the year. The latest issue is that there's a leak somewhere. They've put 10 pounds of refrigerant in the last week with the dye to find out where it's coming from. They warned me that the labor (which was not covered under warranty) can run me close to $1k...that's on a $10k system that I installed less than 4 years ago. They are just as frustrated as I am and says they're done with Trane products too. The company tells me they are backlogged fixing relatively new units and can't even begin new installs and it's all due to Trane putting inferior quality products out on the market. I will never buy another Trane product as long as I live.

Date created: 2012-05-17 Name: D. Brice
Location: Texas

"Two trane units with serious problems"
Complete new system with two tranes(3.5 & 2.5) installed six years ago. We've had serious problems that affected cooling each year as summer came along... two or three of those after the technician came out for annual check-up. Coils, expansion valves, leaks and I'm guessing another coil. Now, r-22 has gone sky-high in price.

Date created: 2012-05-02 Name: Jenkins
Location: Mississippi

"Many good years..."
After 26 years it is now time to replace our Trane... after reading all these reviews on here I am at a complete loss of what brand to go with. Seems like every brand has bad reviews. They sure don't make them like they used to.

Date created: 2012-04-16 Name: bill crawley
Location: flintstone ga

"Service"
Have had problems with this thing every year and even bigger problems with get it fixed. Leaking freon has to be charged every year and of course there is a service call charge and cost of the freon. But leak never gets fixed. Service guy just left 10 days ago and here we sit with no air. My wife and I have just decided to find our own heating and air company to handle this unit and just forget about these so called Trane specialists. The warranty doesn't mean much if it's just going to keep sucking money out of us.

Date created: 2012-04-12 Name: Lou Car
Location: Quincy MA

"Just 3 Service calls in 33 years"
Never had yearly tuneups. Repairs made were minor. I now need to replace this unit but fear that they don't make them like they used to. This is a concern based on the reviews on this web site

Date created: 2012-03-26 Name: L waters
Location: Vacaville Ca

"It's not all in the brand"
I have owned a Trane 14 seer a/c for ten years and it works great that's not because it's a Trane it's because I installed it correctly. 90% of failures are because of bad installation. The Trane unit has the best out of box quality dollar for dollar that I have seen in the 30 years I've been a service tech. Heavy sturdy cabinet spine fin coil and tranes compressor is the best around. They are quiet and efficient.

Date created: 2012-03-20 Name: Sherry
Location: Covington, GA

"Piece of JUNK"
Have had this unit for 7 years and have had to spend over $2,000 on it. This is utterly ridiculous. Trane should be ashamed of themselves selling such shabby units. Our subdivision is only 7 years old and everyone in this subdivision has had to either get a new unit or put extensive money into the one they have, unbelievable!!

Date created: 2012-01-29 Name: Len K.
Location: coconut creek, Fla

"Leaking Drip Pan"
My mothers trane air conditioner coil pan is overflowing. The air handling unit is designed to be installed in the ceiling and access to the pan underneath the coil requires the removal of the coil just to clean it out. Service repair men are quoting $750 dollars to remove the coil, clean the pan, and then reinstall the coil. You would think Trane would have a fix for this access problem. If anyone has experienced this in the past please let me know. I understand this is a common problem and very costly to repair.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>