Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-12-06 Name: chris
Location: louisiana

"Nate certified technician"
Just want everyone to know, that 98% of all unit failures are due to systems not being installed properly, not just with trane, its with carrier, heil, goodman, etc. Been in the air business, for 28 years, and I have installed all brands and I haven't had a problem with trane or carrier, no major break downs at all, very , very few, it's all in how it's installed, did they purge the lines with nitrogen when they soldered, did they cover the txv when they soldered so not to damage the txv, if they didn't it will cause the txv to stay permanently closed and blow the compressor out, don't always point the finger at the machines.

Date created: 2011-09-24 Name: Alan Sweet
Location: Chelsea, AL

"Surprised at how bad"
We have a trane 4tec3f18a1000A 1 1/2. Over the last 3 years we have had freon leak and core replaced. It only services the basement; 1100 square feet. It runs all the time and seldom cools the basement down. It is expensive to run. I notice that the number is not in the list. Is this system a real lemon? I need to call the repair service again to find out why it runs all the time now.

Date created: 2011-09-21 Name: ann speer
Location: Carrizo Springs

"New home owner"
We bought two Trane a/c units from the local dealer when we built our home five years ago in July 2011. The first year, we had to replace the thermostats. The second year we had to have freon added to one unit. The next year we had to have a new fan motor installed in one of the units. We have had to have freon added a total of four times. We left is our old house a Carrier that never needed anything other than a cleaning after 10 years time.

Date created: 2011-08-17 Name: John

"Trane"
I have serviced and installed commercial and residential hvac equipment for 15 years. I also have Trane equipment in my own home that I have not had any problems with. First, let's be reasonable. There is not a manufacturer out there that does not have a problem once in a while. These machines are man-made. Second, many problems with equipment of all makes and models come from poor installations and mis-applications. Third, many problems arise from poor maintenance practices. Now, here's another point to make. Many people have complained about labor cost, however, Trane offers a 10 year parts and labor warranty but most homeowners do not wish to purchase this even though it's cost is minimal. If your equipment is under 5 years old, it may still be eligible for an extended warranty. As for calling the distributor, they are most likely not going to talk directly with the homeowner but will direct you to contact a contractor. The quality of Trane equipment has been and still is among the best in the industry. The bottom line is that if you have it sized properly, installed properly, and maintained properly you are going to have much better luck with any equipment your buy.

Date created: 2011-08-02 Name: Vasquez

"Original Unit to House"
We purchased our house 6 years ago and we're very reluctant about purchasing in the first place because the a/c unit was so old. The current homeowners assured us that they had never had problems with their unit, and boy they were right! We've owned the home 6 years now and only have had minimal yearly maintenance repairs. We've estimated the unit is around 26 years old and it still runs like a champ through our deep South heat waves! Thanks Trane!

Date created: 2011-07-29 Name: Doug J.

"This trane runs"
Motto's being what they are, this Trane does keep runing. Despite being hit by numerous baseballs and footballs from my kids activities and a few major hail storms this a/c runs great. While I have a few dents due to the abuse my kids are taking out on the equipment it runs fine. Were dealing with heat indexes over 100 the last few weeks and the house stays nice and coool. The unit runs like its brand new. Well it runs like a Trane.

Date created: 2011-07-24 Name: Blade MacKenzie
Location: Miami, FL

"Do NOT buy a Trane"
After the old a/c unit in my home died, I spent $5000.00 to install a Trane unit. I did not choose this unit, it was chosen by the installer. He claimed this brand was the most reliable. One year later, the wall panel controller broke. Simply fixed with replacement. One year later, the circuit board fries. Trane covered the cost of the board, not the warranty. 18 months later (today) I awake in sweat in 94 degree miami humidity to find the "most reliable" Trane unit is not working yet again. There are certain things that should be counted on to work in your home. Your fridge, your water heater, and your A/C. Trane should be hit with a class action lawsuit.

Date created: 2011-07-24 Name: S. Donohue
Location: North Augusta, SC

"Trane Wreck"
Installed Trane a/c in July 2009; in July 2011 the unit's blower failed. Called dealer who did not come until the following day -- a Saturday. Repairman said it was either the master control switch shorted out (a circuit board) or the fan itself. He said he did not have the part, but the Trane warehouse was in the city and not open over the weekend. They would try to get back to us on Monday. This is South Carolina in Mid July, temperature is 100+ -- and they can't keep a parts place open over the weekend. Really?

Date created: 2011-07-22 Name: Darren K.
Location: Tulsa, OK

"Rock Solid"
Had a Trane XR16i installed three years ago. Works great. Features like ComfortR are fantastic. I had a concern with this a/c upgrade that the system may cool the house too quickly and that we would get humidity issues. Our last a/c was undersized and ran constantly, while inefficient it did dehumidify the air. The ComfortR feature ramps up the fan speed in stage allows for more dehumidified air getting circulated. Its worked great. Great quality and service.

Date created: 2011-07-21 Name: S. Harris
Location: Dallas, TX

"Trane is a reliable workhorse!"
I know that I have had my Trane unit for at least 20 years - maybe more - and it has been incredibly reliable all these years. I never serviced it regularly and still had only 2 or 3 service calls on it in all those years. It has been a real workhorse and I'm sorry to see it go!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>