Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2018-05-15 Name: Phil M.
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

"Nothing stops a Trane....except its own dependability"
I purchased a new Trane system in August 2013. My old unit was removed and the new unit installed without fuse and the company (msco) did very good work in this action. However, within just a few months, I had to call repeatedly to find out why my unit kept blowing its fuse and shutting off. I finally had to request someone capable of doing a complete "top to bottom" review of the system and was told "It hadn't been insulated at a wiring point properly and was causing the short". Again, msco repaired this and my unit worked until about a year later the compressor failed. I had to call for replacement and installation and the unit was operational once more. This month, I started up the unit and no cold air would come out. I called MSCO and they came out quickly, but upon evaluation of the unit, we were told the compressor had failed once more. The system was still under warranty, but now we are being charged almost $1100 in labor costs. I asked why this occurred and was informed that "labor" isn't covered by warranty and I should have purchased a "labor warranty" at installation. I am now writing this to you as I am thoroughly dissatisfied with Trane products and service. Although your people are polite and quick to respond, it seems I have to be made to bear the brunt of cost, inconvenience and discomfort when it is too hot or too cold.

Date created: 2018-05-04 Name: Marla Agler

"Completely disappointed"
I would not put another Trane system in our house if you gave it to me for free. We have had nothing but trouble with this top of the line unit. Please learn from my $12,000.00 mistake and do not purchase a Trane unit.

Date created: 2018-02-09 Name: K. Herman
Location: Florida

"Evaporator coil"
This is the second time in 2 years that the evaporator coil has gone out. Trane only wants to cover $390.00 of the $590.00 cost of replacement. They say that they can't guarantee this will be the last time. The first time it went out the unit was only 5 mo.old. I feel like I've been sold a "lemon"

Date created: 2017-12-27 Name: Paul
Location: Palm Beach County, FL

"Donít buy it"
I this Trane unit for only 3 years and already have broken countless times. The last one is leaking in the coil $550.00 to fix. Garbage donít buy it donít make the same mistake that I have done. Itís only name but they gonna loose it as well

Date created: 2017-12-05 Name: T. Paull
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"HORRIBLE NEVER BUY AGAIN"
I absolutely hate our Trane HVAC. We respected their name, used to be a sign of quality, when we replaced our HVAC 10 years ago. Paid extra for that name. First one failed and left us in August heat in Florida for a week. Installed entire new unit and we have had repeated calls throughout the 10 years, despite quarterly service check ups. Now, just 2 weeks after the 10 year warranty expired, they tell us the unit is "shot" and we need an entirely new one. Just two weeks after expiration of warranty. We called Trane Customer Service for any assistance; nope, terrible customer service person just read from a script and offered absolutely nothing. Great customer service, because now I will be certain to tell everyone about the worse HVAC unit I've ever had and the worse customer service experience I've had in years. Here goes another $7,000 out for a new one right before Christmas and Trane couldn't care less. Never buy their products ever!!

Date created: 2017-09-09 Name: STEVE PASCHALL
Location: Savannah, GA

"WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER"
My contractors were moving my thermostat and they crossed a wire and blew the fuse in the compressor. I called the local trane dealer to buy a new fuse. They refused to sell it to me and told me I needed to hire a Trane dealer. I hate them. They want me to pay a repair company big money when I need a $7 dollar fuse. I was able to buy the fuse at grainger. Screw trane. I would rather get cancer then buy one of there products again. They are money grubbers.

Date created: 2017-07-22 Name: John
Location: Houston, TX

"Correction I'm Very Satisfied"
Not sure why my last post was with Unsatisfied I didn't rate it Unsatisfied. But here is my post again. Poor installation can have a long lasting negative impact on the unit, I have been installed Trane for more than 10 years and I never had a issue, I keep in touch with my client and they are happy with the product, If you do not believe me it's okay. A contractor should size the cooling system based on the size of your house, level of insulation, and windows, inspects the return air to see if is the correct size and inspects all your duct work to see if there is a leak, if the unit is improperly installed you will have problem, it's not the products, is who installed, so go read the review of Carrier or Lennox same thing.

Date created: 2017-07-19 Name: Alex Sanchez
Location: Hesperia, CA

"Horrible"
Not even 4 years old and the system is not cooling. Installer replaced a bad compressor, after several attempts at charging system and without checking into the ducts decided that ducts had failed because he could not get the system to cool below 76 degrees. Coincidence, they were good before the compressor failed. He refuses to diagnose any further. So I'm stuck with a very inefficient and expensive system. Now I have to hire someone to check the ducts just to prove him wrong, then what? Trane customer was just as useless, no help at all. What a waste of time. Very frustrating. I will never purchase a Trane system again, will not recommend. Failed big!!!

Date created: 2017-07-07 Name: Stanley ruby
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"Bad air conditioner unit"
My trance ac is being repaired at this time. Unit is not very old and the repair is $2600.00. Fan motor and some kind of board. This leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. I feel like trance is taking advantage of the consumer or the repair company is. This has been a nightmare for 5 days. If they are going to charge this kind of money for a trance system, maybe they should think about better quality for there product. I will never buy a Trane and this not my first. This is not my first fan motor that I have replaced but it is the last. The last time it cost me $500 4 years ago.

Date created: 2017-06-26 Name: Kristy
Location: California

"Unsatisfied customer"
Don't buy a Trane unit. Nothing but problems and even though the part is under warranty labor expenses are outrageous. This is breaks down every year since year 1. Don't buy this product.

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>