Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-12-01 Name: George Douglas
Location: West Virginia

"Trane products are fantastic"
I have owned a Trane furnace and air conditioner for 10 years. They have been fantastic units. I have never had a problem with either unit. I can't understand all the negative comments about Trane. In my area they are held in great regard. They are high quality and very dependable. I would recommend them to anyone.

Date created: 2016-11-28 Name: Sylvia Pecaro
Location: Boynton beach, FL

"Don't buy a Trane"
Do not buy a Trane ac unit. I bought one 4 years ago and it needs to be blown out every 2 months. Apparently, they put out a lot of gook causing the water to back up. My local company did nothing, so I contacted Trane and they have done nothing. Save yourself time and money and buy a better brand. There are several out there.

Date created: 2016-09-27 Name: H Park
Location: Central Kentucky

"Pure junk."
I have had central air with gas heat since 1968. During this time I have had 6 different brands (in 4 different houses), most of them lasted beyond the average expected lifetime for an AC system. Thirty-seven months ago I had a new Trane system installed and it is now leaking Freon and won't cool. The evaporator coil is suspect (because that is usual?). The coil is under warranty but the labor and miscellaneous are projected to be $1,500. Absurd! I am retired and on a fixed income and tried to provide an AC system that would last for years, hopefully the rest of my life. Having a coil fail in three years tells me this is totally junk. I would never buy another Trane. I highly and seriously recommend that you don't either.

Date created: 2016-09-01 Name: s. frank
Location: Gainsville, VA

"Written"
Model and serial #'s I have do not match any your company has listed. My unit was purchased and installed in sept 2014. it was given a seasonal check up in March 2015. The only service at that time was the flushing of the condensate line. In June 2015 I had a check on the proper air flow for efficient cooling of the upper floor space. No serious problems occurred until June 2016. Then all hell broke loose! The unit turned itself off due to water in the pan where the line safety switch is located. The problem was found and fixed by the tech. The same problem occurred less than 2 weeks later and I was without air conditioning for 9 days while waiting for a replacement part known as a txv to be ordered. The weather did not co-operate and the temperatures were in the 90's plus. The part arrived and was installed. 44 days after installation the condensate line tripped the safety and the unit tripped on and off. The tech came and flushed the condensate line again! All the while I have purchased an annual warranty since the day of the original install just for these types of problems. However the company is having trouble keeping to the warranty since these problems are becoming more frequent. The unit, I was told , is the top of the line made so I expect it to be so, especially after the high cost of the unit. I would not recommend to buyers to get this unit if they don't want continual problems and money being spent on a product that should be expected to last a long time.

Date created: 2016-08-11 Name: v c
Location: Estero, FL

"What a piece of garbage"
We fitted a Trane A/C 18 months ago. Within the year the coil had gone on the blink, the condenser was causing the circuit board to trip and it ran out of gas. Our complaints to Trane were ignored. Now, 18 months into having the unit fitted, the coil has gone again. Quality of the part is non-existent and Trane couldn't care less.

Date created: 2016-08-02 Name: C. Clark
Location: Florida

"Do not buy a Trane"
I bought a Trane air conditioner and had it installed June 15th, 2016. It wouldn't stop running and had to have a repair the next day, and now the same thing is going on. Had the installer here on Friday the 20th of July 2016 and was told the air handler was broken on an air conditioner a little over a month old and was told Trane knew about the problem and it was a manufacture's defect. Called Trane and told them that I thought the unit should be replaced since they knew of the problem before it was ever put in my house. My unit was a little over a month old and I was told it had a warranty and they would not replace it. They were not going to help with the electric bill that I know will be massive, our temperature is set on 79 but it never stops running. Now I was called just a few minutes ago and was told the part that had to be ordered was sent somewhere else and would not be here until hopefully tomorrow. I paid almost $4000.00 for an air conditioner that I thought I wouldn't have to worry about for repairs for a long time, what a joke. All this money spent and I have had nothing but frustration. I'm still having to live in a hot house, but it will never happen again. Never buy a Trane.

Date created: 2016-08-02 Name: Susan Reynolds
Location: Baxley, GA

"Very disappointed"
We would never buy another Trane A/C unit. After ten years we are having to replace our unit!

Date created: 2016-07-27 Name: Hope Gibson
Location: Washington, DC

"Frustration"
I would not advise anyone to buy any kind of unit from Trane, I have had more problems with my AC/heat unit since 2009. I have spent over $5,000.00 in repairs and now I was told by another company that the unit needs a TXV valve that I do not have money for. The water is leaking down and I have to empty the buckets from the leakage. And I have spent over $700.00 in filters because of the constant change.

Date created: 2016-07-26 Name: Bernadette Ladd
Location: Chattanooga, TN

"Trane does not help with the warranty that they promise!"
We have been trying to get a compressor under warranty to be replaced and all that Trane has done is give us the run around! Now the Trane here is saying that it might take two or three weeks before they can do anything! All we want is the part that is due us and have an AC company to put it in! Really how hard is that? Don't buy Trane! They don't stand behind products or their warranty!

Date created: 2016-07-08 Name: Trish Steele
Location: Florida

"Trane is money pit"
I bought a Trane central air conditioner in July of 2014. Today is July 8, 2016. Trane will replace the part but not the labor. The first twenty four hours after install the fan blade motor burned up, a year later the fan blower burned up in the handler, two months later the evaporator coil leaks. I have spent over $1,000 in labor. What I am telling everybody is this is the honest to God truth. Believe me when I tell you do not buy a Trane. I bought a high efficiency unit to save on my electric bills in the future but it's all gone out in repairs. Please, I warn you don't buy a Trane! You will be so very sorry. Don't do it!

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>