Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2017-12-05 Name: T. Paull
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"HORRIBLE NEVER BUY AGAIN"
I absolutely hate our Trane hvac. We respected their name, used to be a sign of quality, when we replaced our hvac 10 years ago. Paid extra for thatname. First one failed and left us in August heat in Florida for a week. Installed entire new unit and we have had repeated calls throughout the 10 years, despite quarterly service check ups. Now, just 2 weeks after the 10 year warranty expired, they tell us the unit is "shot" and we need an entirely new one. Just two weeks after expiration of warranty. We called Trane Customer Service for any assistance; nope, terrible customer service person just read from a script and offered absolutely nothing. Great customer service, because now I will be certain to tell everyone about the worse hvac unit I've ever had and the worse customer service experience I've had in years. Here goes another $7,000 out for a new one right before Christmas and Trane couldn't care less. Never buy their products ever!!

Date created: 2017-09-09 Name: STEVE PASCHALL
Location: Savannah, GA

"WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER"
My contractors were moving my thermostat and they crossed a wire and blew the fuse in the compressor. I called the local trane dealer to buy a new fuse. They refused to sell it to me and told me I needed to hire a Trane dealer. I hate them. They want me to pay a repair company big money when I need a $7 dollar fuse. I was able to buy the fuse at grainger. Screw trane. I would rather get cancer then buy one of there products again. They are money grubbers.

Date created: 2017-07-22 Name: John
Location: Houston, TX

"Correction I'm Very Satisfied"
Not sure why my last post was with Unsatisfied I didn't rate it Unsatisfied. But here is my post again. Poor installation can have a long lasting negative impact on the unit, I have been installed Trane for more than 10 years and I never had a issue, I keep in touch with my client and they are happy with the product, If you do not believe me it's okay. A contractor should size the cooling system based on the size of your house, level of insulation, and windows, inspects the return air to see if is the correct size and inspects all your duct work to see if there is a leak, if the unit is improperly installed you will have problem, it's not the products, is who installed, so go read the review of Carrier or Lennox same thing.

Date created: 2017-07-19 Name: Alex Sanchez
Location: Hesperia, CA

"Horrible"
Not even 4 years old and the system is not cooling. Installer replaced a bad compressor, after several attempts at charging system and without checking into the ducts decided that ducts had failed because he could not get the system to cool below 76 degrees. Coincidence, they were good before the compressor failed. He refuses to diagnose any further. So I'm stuck with a very inefficient and expensive system. Now I have to hire someone to check the ducts just to prove him wrong, then what? Trane customer was just as useless, no help at all. What a waste of time. Very frustrating. I will never purchase a Trane system again, will not recommend. Failed big!!!

Date created: 2017-07-07 Name: Stanley ruby
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"Bad air conditioner unit"
My trance ac is being repaired at this time. Unit is not very old and the repair is $2600.00. Fan motor and some kind of board. This leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. I feel like trance is taking advantage of the consumer or the repair company is. This has been a nightmare for 5 days. If they are going to charge this kind of money for a trance system, maybe they should think about better quality for there product. I will never buy a Trane and this not my first. This is not my first fan motor that I have replaced but it is the last. The last time it cost me $500 4 years ago.

Date created: 2017-06-26 Name: Kristy
Location: California

"Unsatisfied customer"
Don't buy a Trane unit. Nothing but problems and even though the part is under warranty labor expenses are outrageous. This is breaks down every year since year 1. Don't buy this product.

Date created: 2017-06-24 Name: stephanie
Location: Dallas, TX

"Horrible Policy"
Brand new $15,000 system in for 1 year, valve malfunctions and it cost us $800. Trane replaces the defective valve at no cost, but won't cover the labor and Freon cost that their faulty valve caused! Don't buy Trane!!!

Date created: 2017-06-23 Name: M. Callahan

"Do Not Buy a Trane"
I paid over $6,000 for my Trane air conditioner and in the 7 years I have ones it has broken down 3 times with repair cost of over $2,000. What a piece of junk

Date created: 2017-06-14 Name: matt livingston
Location: Williams, IN

"Don't buy one"
Hasn't worked correctly since it was new. Don't buy a train system ever.

Date created: 2017-06-12 Name: B Woodard
Location: Union, SC

"POOR PRODUCT"
A new unit installed in 2014. Not one season (winter or summer ) has passed without some problem. Dealer that installed it has charged me for a service call every time. Just had to have a new compressor! Trane products are a money pit and warranty sucks. Buy anything but a Trane!

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>