Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-08-11 Name: v c
Location: Estero, FL

"What a piece of garbage"
We fitted a Trane A/C 18 months ago. Within the year the coil had gone on the blink, the condenser was causing the circuit board to trip and it ran out of gas. Our complaints to Trane were ignored. Now, 18 months into having the unit fitted, the coil has gone again. Quality of the part is non-existent and Trane couldn't care less.

Date created: 2016-08-02 Name: C. Clark
Location: Florida

"Do not buy a Trane"
I bought a Trane air conditioner and had it installed June 15th, 2016. It wouldn't stop running and had to have a repair the next day, and now the same thing is going on. Had the installer here on Friday the 20th of July 2016 and was told the air handler was broken on an air conditioner a little over a month old and was told Trane knew about the problem and it was a manufacture's defect. Called Trane and told them that I thought the unit should be replaced since they knew of the problem before it was ever put in my house. My unit was a little over a month old and I was told it had a warranty and they would not replace it. They were not going to help with the electric bill that I know will be massive, our temperature is set on 79 but it never stops running. Now I was called just a few minutes ago and was told the part that had to be ordered was sent somewhere else and would not be here until hopefully tomorrow. I paid almost $4000.00 for an air conditioner that I thought I wouldn't have to worry about for repairs for a long time, what a joke. All this money spent and I have had nothing but frustration. I'm still having to live in a hot house, but it will never happen again. Never buy a Trane.

Date created: 2016-08-02 Name: Susan Reynolds
Location: Baxley, GA

"Very disappointed"
We would never buy another Trane A/C unit. After ten years we are having to replace our unit!

Date created: 2016-07-27 Name: Hope Gibson
Location: Washington, DC

"Frustration"
I would not advise anyone to buy any kind of unit from Trane, I have had more problems with my AC/heat unit since 2009. I have spent over $5,000.00 in repairs and now I was told by another company that the unit needs a TXV valve that I do not have money for. The water is leaking down and I have to empty the buckets from the leakage. And I have spent over $700.00 in filters because of the constant change.

Date created: 2016-07-26 Name: Bernadette Ladd
Location: Chattanooga, TN

"Trane does not help with the warranty that they promise!"
We have been trying to get a compressor under warranty to be replaced and all that Trane has done is give us the run around! Now the Trane here is saying that it might take two or three weeks before they can do anything! All we want is the part that is due us and have an AC company to put it in! Really how hard is that? Don't buy Trane! They don't stand behind products or their warranty!

Date created: 2016-07-08 Name: Trish Steele
Location: Florida

"Trane is money pit"
I bought a Trane central air conditioner in July of 2014. Today is July 8, 2016. Trane will replace the part but not the labor. The first twenty four hours after install the fan blade motor burned up, a year later the fan blower burned up in the handler, two months later the evaporator coil leaks. I have spent over $1,000 in labor. What I am telling everybody is this is the honest to God truth. Believe me when I tell you do not buy a Trane. I bought a high efficiency unit to save on my electric bills in the future but it's all gone out in repairs. Please, I warn you don't buy a Trane! You will be so very sorry. Don't do it!

Date created: 2016-07-05 Name: Andrea
Location: Hollywood, CA

"Worst mistake"
I usually do not write reviews, but A/C is an expensive item and I hope to prevent someone from making the same mistake I did. My Trane is only two years old and it has malfunctioned, broken over 3 times. I had to spend already over $500 in parts and labor even though they have a 10-year warranty! Not to mention that it does not cool down the house. And yes, it is the right size for my house. So I thought I was buying the best on the market but it ends up being a ripoff. Do not buy Trane.

Date created: 2016-06-22 Name: N.B.
Location: Michigan

"Not happy"
I live in Michigan and have had this unit for 15 years. Considering it is only used on an average of 3 months per year, this was very expensive air conditioning. We have been told it is "junk" now and have to replace. Needless to say, it won't be a Trane. This was used 45-60 months in total for a cost of about $3,000, this was very expensive. We were told this was a "top of the line" unit.

Date created: 2016-06-11 Name: GG
Location: Memphis, TN

"Easy to stop a Trane"
I've had my Trane A/C less than a year and it is junk! 2nd time being serviced today alone! I live in Memphis where it's 100 degrees and humidity can get to 100% and it's not raining! This is unacceptable! You've been warned! Do not buy a Trane!

Date created: 2016-06-02 Name: Joseph C
Location: Vancouver, BC,Canada

"It's very easy to stop a Trane."
It's very easy to stop a Trane. My A/C unit is about 5 years old, and we only started using it for 8 months because the commercial space had been empty for the past 4.5 years. When the technician found out the problem and needed some parts replaced, all Trane said was that they stopped supplying the parts because the model was discontinued 4 years ago. Schedule for part replacement is not weeks, not months, but indefinitely. Essentially, they are saying "you guys are screwed after the 5 year warranty; we won't give a rat's ass if your unit breaks down after that". It's very easy to stop a Trane.

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>