Consumer Reviews of TRANE central air conditioners

Read more about TRANE central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-01-03 Name: R. Jones
Location: Sebastian, FL

"Do not buy a Trane"
If I could give this 0 stars I would. We purchased a Trane 2 years ago to replace an older, different brand unit that was inefficient but operating fine. The previous unit was about 20 years old. So far, we have had 9 service calls and spent over $1200 fixing this new Trane. It has had major issues, including a replaced compressor and cracked drain pan. The most recent issue caused a water leak at the air handler and ruined my wood floors. Labor is not covered under their warranty so expect to pay a lot out of pocket. I requested a complete product replacement from Trane, to which they replied they would send it to corporate and they had no idea when I would get an answer. So, at this point we will be buying a different unit. Goodman and Amana seem to be more reliable. I will try to get my money back from Trane but I highly doubt that will happen. Either way, I will not continue to throw good money after bad. Trane is no longer a superior product. I would not even say they are in the top ten. They have outsourced their parts to save money and it shows in their useless equipment. You are paying for a name and one that is no longer good, at that.

Date created: 2014-11-14 Name: M Bassett
Location: Coral Springs, FL

"In 4 years, 2 new units have cost 40% more in repairs."
We purchased two brand new air conditioners after the house was only 9 years old. Both Trane, one 3 ton and one 5 ton. They both sound like freight trains coming through the house. We were told this is normal. 3 years later, the 5 ton had condenser coil leaks. 8 months later, the other unit froze. A new evaporator coil was added. 1 month later, and a leak in the outside coils was flooding my house. We have now paid 40% of what the new units cost in service charges, Freon, and dye to find the leaks. These units are very noisy, gurgle, hiss, pop, whine etc. We will never buy a Trane air conditioner again.

Date created: 2014-10-28 Name: jp
Location: Coral Springs, FL

"Paid for the best and got junk!"
Had a working Rheem replaced with a supposedly increased efficiency Trane unit. The Trane unit has never worked right. It trips the breaker 4-5 times per day. If we are not here to reset the unit, it just keeps running and making it hotter! It burnt out its own compressor after less than 2 years, which had to be replaced for $650 (supposedly under warranty). We have paid for multiple electrical repairs (not cheap) including: increased amp breaker twice, tightening wire, installing a "kick up" unit to prevent the breaker trip. It operates at a higher cost, makes the house hotter than outside, and costs a fortune in repairs. The A/C installer, "Air America", does not stand behind their work.

Date created: 2014-09-05 Name: j.forward
Location: Goodlettsville, TN

"Don't buy a Trane"
Every year since I have had this unit, I have had to have unit fixed. Even the ac guy went to shop and looked at my records and can not believe how many times someone has had to come and and fix unit.

Date created: 2014-08-30 Name: Rac
Location: Slidell, LA

"4 years old and shot to hell"
Had this Trane installed 4 years ago. It has never cooled off my house like it's supposed to. The people who installed it could never find out what was wrong with it. Thermostat set on 72 degrees during the summer but it never gets to that temp till about 9:00 P.m at night, so it runs continuously during the day. Have had other a/c techs check it out and same issue - it will not cool off the house. I have contacted Trane since I had the unit installed and all they would say is to deal with the installer, which I did for the first 2 years of ownership. Trane was not helpful at all. Just yesterday the unit stopped blowing its semi cooled air !! I checked the air temp coming out the vents and it was 80 degrees. Called an a/c company to come check it out and they say the compressor is shot to hell now!! I believe it's under warranty still but have not been able to contact Trane because of the holiday weekend. So that will have to wait until Tuesday to try and get in touch with them. Even if the compressor is covered by the warranty, the cost of labor will not be. This is ridiculous that this 4 year old unit's compressor is already done for. $6000 wasted on this pos!! 4 years of it never cooling properly and now this!! Trane is junk!!

Date created: 2014-08-22 Name: P THOR
Location: Arizona

"Nothing stops a Trane. It's REAL."
Took down 25 year old Trane last week. Replaced with new XL 1400. Never a problem. I think this is all that needs to be said.

Date created: 2014-08-22 Name: J Spak

"Homeowner"
Cools whole house and is quiet!

Date created: 2014-08-11 Name: S. Flutie
Location: Jensen Beach, Fl

"Condenser coil"
We replaced a 12 year old Carrier unit with a recommended Trane system just two years ago. The condenser coil has gone bad and can not be replaced. The part is on back order for 2 weeks! Trane said they can't do anything about it! We live in Florida and it's 93 out! Trane customer service said it will be 5 days before a supervisor can call me back.

Date created: 2014-08-05 Name: R. Smith
Location: Saucier, MS

"Pissed Off"
Unit was installed on my newly built home and I've had problems every month. I've been in the home for 18 months and have had repairmen work on two units 5 times. Now I have a valve bad and they want to charge $700 for labor. During very hot days or cold days that is when the units malfunctions. The customer service has been nil. I wouldn't buy another Trane and as soon as I can I will replace all three units in my home so that I can really save money.

Date created: 2014-07-26 Name: jim snook
Location: South Port N.C.

"Piss poor customer service!!"
I have two trane units in my house in Southport NC. They are 9 years old. I have had them serviced every year. Recently not one but both units start leaking Freon. Every couple of months I have a problem and they need more Freon at 3 to 5 hundred dollars per service call. I discussed my options with my service contractor and he basically told me they were finished and not worth trying to fix. I called and e-mailed Trane and all they would do is send me an e-mail that my coils were out of warranted .That's just great 9 years and they are junk!!! I don't think this is a quality product and they are having a lot of issued with oxidation from using copper and aluminum. They don't work well together! I would definitely not recommend Trane. Their customer service is nonexistent!

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>