Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-07-27 Name: Hope Gibson
Location: Washington, DC

"Frustration"
I would not advise anyone to buy any kind of unit from Trane, I have had more problems with my AC/heat unit since 2009. I have spent over $5,000.00 in repairs and now I was told by another company that the unit needs a TXV valve that I do not have money for. The water is leaking down and I have to empty the buckets from the leakage. And I have spent over $700.00 in filters because of the constant change.

Date created: 2016-07-26 Name: Bernadette Ladd
Location: Chattanooga, TN

"Trane does not help with the warranty that they promise!"
We have been trying to get a compressor under warranty to be replaced and all that Trane has done is give us the run around! Now the Trane here is saying that it might take two or three weeks before they can do anything! All we want is the part that is due us and have an AC company to put it in! Really how hard is that? Don't buy Trane! They don't stand behind products or their warranty!

Date created: 2016-07-08 Name: Trish Steele
Location: Florida

"Trane is money pit"
I bought a Trane central air conditioner in July of 2014. Today is July 8, 2016. Trane will replace the part but not the labor. The first twenty four hours after install the fan blade motor burned up, a year later the fan blower burned up in the handler, two months later the evaporator coil leaks. I have spent over $1,000 in labor. What I am telling everybody is this is the honest to God truth. Believe me when I tell you do not buy a Trane. I bought a high efficiency unit to save on my electric bills in the future but it's all gone out in repairs. Please, I warn you don't buy a Trane! You will be so very sorry. Don't do it!

Date created: 2016-07-05 Name: Andrea
Location: Hollywood, CA

"Worst mistake"
I usually do not write reviews, but A/C is an expensive item and I hope to prevent someone from making the same mistake I did. My Trane is only two years old and it has malfunctioned, broken over 3 times. I had to spend already over $500 in parts and labor even though they have a 10-year warranty! Not to mention that it does not cool down the house. And yes, it is the right size for my house. So I thought I was buying the best on the market but it ends up being a ripoff. Do not buy Trane.

Date created: 2016-06-22 Name: N.B.
Location: Michigan

"Not happy"
I live in Michigan and have had this unit for 15 years. Considering it is only used on an average of 3 months per year, this was very expensive air conditioning. We have been told it is "junk" now and have to replace. Needless to say, it won't be a Trane. This was used 45-60 months in total for a cost of about $3,000, this was very expensive. We were told this was a "top of the line" unit.

Date created: 2016-06-11 Name: GG
Location: Memphis, TN

"Easy to stop a Trane"
I've had my Trane A/C less than a year and it is junk! 2nd time being serviced today alone! I live in Memphis where it's 100 degrees and humidity can get to 100% and it's not raining! This is unacceptable! You've been warned! Do not buy a Trane!

Date created: 2016-06-02 Name: Joseph C
Location: Vancouver, BC,Canada

"It's very easy to stop a Trane."
It's very easy to stop a Trane. My A/C unit is about 5 years old, and we only started using it for 8 months because the commercial space had been empty for the past 4.5 years. When the technician found out the problem and needed some parts replaced, all Trane said was that they stopped supplying the parts because the model was discontinued 4 years ago. Schedule for part replacement is not weeks, not months, but indefinitely. Essentially, they are saying "you guys are screwed after the 5 year warranty; we won't give a rat's ass if your unit breaks down after that". It's very easy to stop a Trane.

Date created: 2016-05-31 Name: ED STADJUHAR
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Parts and service -- Long wait time for parts if anything goes out. Not good in Arizona."
I had two new units installed about 5 years ago. The smaller of the two units cools upstairs. A compressor went out and it took two weeks to get one in from Trane. I am in Phoenix, and can't wait two weeks to have air back on. Fortunately it was upstairs where it was not needed. Last week, a fan was determined to be out of balance. Today I get notified that there is a 3 week wait for a housing for the fan. Trane does not have a supply house for parts in Phoenix. I can understand this in Duluth, but not Arizona. Do not buy a Trane.

Date created: 2016-05-05 Name: KHG
Location: Naples, FL

"Piece of junk"
I have a one year old Trane air conditioner unit 4TTB30036E1000AA and 3 weeks ago the coil failed - all the Freon was gone and the coil unit needed to be exchanged. Bill was $638. Yesterday the unit did not work again and I was told now it needs a new compressor. This is $1200+ of expenses in a relatively new unit. Crazy. Worst of all the Florida Trane folks don't even have a spare unit and need to order from Memphis which will take a week. In this heat here this is unacceptable. Don't buy this junk. I won't again.

Date created: 2016-04-12 Name: Hvac man

"18 years fixing junk"
I've been in the HVAC business since 1994 and was trained at a wonderful tech school and worked with some of the best in the business. I've owned my own company for 8 years now and sold Trane for the first 7 years and worked for dealers that installed many different brands . I am a service man turned business owner and I can tell you with confidence that all brands are junk these days, I believe by design. It is so frustrating when I want to sell the best. There is no best. When you select an HVAC company just pick someone honest with referrals from someone you know. A system being installed correctly is very important but the guy that said 98% of problems are due to poor installation is dead wrong, I'm sad to say.

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>