Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2018-08-24 Name: a melo
Location: Canada

"Evaporator leak, poor customer service"
Used my a/c for 3 months for 3 years (live in Northern Canada) and the evaporator leaked on the 4th year. Tried to get customer service to go good for the parts. Installer said his hands were tied dealing with his supplier. Went through a bunch of hoops, had to get it done. They told me to submit the bill, which I did. Then they told me, too bad we are sorry for your bad experience with our product. This is my third Trane system and for sure the last.

Date created: 2018-08-14 Name: Jeffrey McDowell
Location: Texas

"Excellent a.c. unit"
Recently had A complete new A.C. heater system replaced and very happy with it. It was 103 degrees and the unit had the indoor temp at 69 with the thermostat set at 72. Cooling house on hot days in Texas with no problems.
Date created: 2018-08-14 Name: J Barnat
Location: Tulsa, OK

"Look Elsewhere"
I had this unit installed in a new home in 2005. The compressor failed in 2013. The part was replaced. In 2017, the compressor was recommended for replacement because the compressor was pulling max amps. Now, in 2018, the compressor failed again and it's out of warranty. Yes, I had the unit serviced every year. No, I will not buy another.
Date created: 2018-08-06 Name: Rick Carter
Location: Riceville, TN

"Never Trust Trane"
When we purchased this Trane unit, we were told it had a 10 year warranty. This year, the unit quit cooling. We called for repair and was told it had a bad weld, which caused all the Freon to leak out. Was told it had no warranty and to repair it cost us $750.00. The unit has been installed almost 5 years and cost almost $8000. Will never purchase another Trane. They lie and do not stand behind their products.
Date created: 2018-07-25 Name: Shirley Sabarre
Location: West Covina, CA

"Gone in 4 years"
I bought this Trane ac through Home Depot. It was okay until 4 weeks ago, with that scorching heat, when it broke down. It only lasted for 4 years. I called the company since it still has a warranty until 2024. They will only charge me the labor for ( $1400 +). Their tech came by and checked. He told us it was the compressor, which cost us $88.00 for diagnosis. They give us different dealers, which also charge almost the same. I read their q/a review, it says that Trane compressor or products last for 15 to 20 years. I thought I bought a lemon because it has been only 4 years and it broke down. I don't think I will recommend this product, nor buy the same product again.
Date created: 2018-07-21 Name: VChittum
Location: Tennessee

"Trane"
I've had a Trane for 3 or 4 years and it has been absolutely nothing but a problem! Just had it serviced in May, cost was $600 to fix. I know it's under warranty, but a tech was here less than 2 hours and that's how much I was charged and now, here it is July, and it has quit working again! And this is every summer since I have had it! Trane is a real pos!! Do not get a Trane!
Date created: 2018-07-15 Name: Tom
Location: Indianapolis, IN

"Unbelievably Good Air Conditioner"
My Trane air conditioner is 26 or 27-years-old (too far back to remember exactly). I'v had it serviced only two or three times, and those were just for annual maintenance - cleaning, etc. It cools my 1,100 square foot house beautifully to this day. It's not super quiet outside, but I can't hear it inside. I want to replace it before it eventually quits (I'm on borrowed time), heat really gets to me in my old age. It was going to be another Trane, but now I don't know due to recent reviews.
Date created: 2018-07-08 Name: Paul
Location: Florida

"Donít buy it"
If you are looking for an AC, donít buy Trane. I bought 3 years ago and I lost track of how many times it broke. I ended up having to buy a $600 extended warranty to avoid more expenses. Listen to me, donít buy it.
Date created: 2018-06-20 Name: Guy
Location: Columbus, Ohio

"Awful Company"
If you're looking for HVAC equipment, you've probably heard the "Nothing Runs Like a Trane" commercials. Well, my experience with them differs a bit. Their slogan should be "Nothing ruins like a Trane" ruins your reputation with your tenants, ruins your day, ruins your family's holiday, and ruins your bank account. My system, which should have been in warranty cost me almost $2000 to fix due to a defective a coil, and Trane weaseled out of their warranty and stuck me with the bill. If you're looking for HVAC equipment, do yourself a favor, don't believe Trane's advertising hype and choose a company that will truly stand behind their product. I contacted them through their website, explained what had happened, and a week later, got a machine-like call from a minimum-wage customer service agent who obviously couldn't care less if I ever bought another Trane system and refused to even consider my warranty claim. Needless to say, I'll NEVER spend a dime with TRANE after this experience and I strongly suggest you heed my warning and avoid them like the plague.
Date created: 2018-06-18 Name: Donna Wiley
Location: Glendale, AZ

"Warranty Nothing but a JOKE"
Mailed in Warranty Card called a month later to verify receipt of card was told it was being processed. Now when I need the warranty they indicate it was never received. If it had been received I was told a warranty number would have been issued. Was never told that when I called or was there ever any reference to that on the warranty card or in the warranty manual. Itís a first for me that a company issues warranty numbers it was also a first for the contractor who installed unit. Morale Trane only goes to the beat of their own drum and the rudeness of their customer service representatives.
1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>