Consumer Reviews of Trane central air conditioners

Read more about Trane central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2018-06-20 Name: Guy
Location: Columbus, Ohio

"Awful Company"
If you're looking for HVAC equipment, you've probably heard the "Nothing Runs Like a Trane" commercials. Well, my experience with them differs a bit. Their slogan should be "Nothing ruins like a Trane" ruins your reputation with your tenants, ruins your day, ruins your family's holiday, and ruins your bank account. My system, which should have been in warranty cost me almost $2000 to fix due to a defective a coil, and Trane weaseled out of their warranty and stuck me with the bill. If you're looking for HVAC equipment, do yourself a favor, don't believe Trane's advertising hype and choose a company that will truly stand behind their product. I contacted them through their website, explained what had happened, and a week later, got a machine-like call from a minimum-wage customer service agent who obviously couldn't care less if I ever bought another Trane system and refused to even consider my warranty claim. Needless to say, I'll NEVER spend a dime with TRANE after this experience and I strongly suggest you heed my warning and avoid them like the plague.

Date created: 2018-06-18 Name: Donna Wiley
Location: Glendale, AZ

"Warranty Nothing but a JOKE"
Mailed in Warranty Card called a month later to verify receipt of card was told it was being processed. Now when I need the warranty they indicate it was never received. If it had been received I was told a warranty number would have been issued. Was never told that when I called or was there ever any reference to that on the warranty card or in the warranty manual. Itís a first for me that a company issues warranty numbers it was also a first for the contractor who installed unit. Morale Trane only goes to the beat of their own drum and the rudeness of their customer service representatives.
Date created: 2018-06-05 Name: Duane Purvin

"Resurrection"
Well, I must change my mind due to the hard work of Abundant Air and their success in breathing life into Frankentrane. With the help of a specialist at Trane, assorted engineers and a dedicated Abundant employee, the lifeless corpse coughed and started with an accompanying yell from the Abundant Air employee..."It Lives, It lives". As in The Flight of the Phoenix it seems that hammers do have a place in machine repair. Thanks
Date created: 2018-06-04 Name: Duane Purvin
Location: Texas

"My Trane is broken my warranty denied.."
Like Frankenstein, my Trane was assembled by craftsmen with wild hopes that their product would come alive, but no, like Dracula left in the sun, it lay there dead in its box. $8100.00 of useless metal that when electricity was applied, sent warm gas from its bowels, made sounds similar to the hammers used to install it. As a multiple stroke victim I sit here in my special chair in 84+ degree heat as the Doomsday Machine hangs above me, inert, silent, watching me sweat and gasp while I read over and over the word Trane, destroyer of my world. New, I was refused a Warranty upon installation because "that is a liability we do not want"..Beware, the next Trane built to Last, 4 minutes, the absence of support and even denial that it exists is what Trane considers customer service. Installer? Dealer Abundant Air will not even take it away at a total loss to me.
Date created: 2018-05-25 Name: Becky
Location: Missouri

"Terrible Warranty Policy"
Our unit is only 5 years old and the condenser coil went out. Our service company did a great job and Trane's customer service were quick to call but didn't do anything to make it right. We are stuck with the bill for labor and gas that leaked out of the unit. I'm just wondering why we are having to pay the labor bill whenever it's their faulty part that caused the problem. We won't buy or recommend another Trane product.
Date created: 2018-05-22 Name: Russ Gevertz

"Garbage"
You want to buy equipment that needs a huge amount of money to keep running....buy Trane. This equipment isn't even a good value as boat anchor. You buy, you lose.
Date created: 2018-05-16 Name: Paul
Location: Toronto, Canada

"Ductless does not dehumidify"
‪Bought a Trane ductless a/c from Home Depot last year. It cools but does not dehumidify. Neither Trane nor Home Depot would take responsibility.‬
Date created: 2018-05-15 Name: Phil M.
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

"Nothing stops a Trane....except its own dependability"
I purchased a new Trane system in August 2013. My old unit was removed and the new unit installed without fuse and the company (msco) did very good work in this action. However, within just a few months, I had to call repeatedly to find out why my unit kept blowing its fuse and shutting off. I finally had to request someone capable of doing a complete "top to bottom" review of the system and was told "It hadn't been insulated at a wiring point properly and was causing the short". Again, msco repaired this and my unit worked until about a year later the compressor failed. I had to call for replacement and installation and the unit was operational once more. This month, I started up the unit and no cold air would come out. I called MSCO and they came out quickly, but upon evaluation of the unit, we were told the compressor had failed once more. The system was still under warranty, but now we are being charged almost $1100 in labor costs. I asked why this occurred and was informed that "labor" isn't covered by warranty and I should have purchased a "labor warranty" at installation. I am now writing this to you as I am thoroughly dissatisfied with Trane products and service. Although your people are polite and quick to respond, it seems I have to be made to bear the brunt of cost, inconvenience and discomfort when it is too hot or too cold.
Date created: 2018-05-04 Name: Marla Agler

"Completely disappointed"
I would not put another Trane system in our house if you gave it to me for free. We have had nothing but trouble with this top of the line unit. Please learn from my $12,000.00 mistake and do not purchase a Trane unit.
Date created: 2018-02-09 Name: K. Herman
Location: Florida

"Evaporator coil"
This is the second time in 2 years that the evaporator coil has gone out. Trane only wants to cover $390.00 of the $590.00 cost of replacement. They say that they can't guarantee this will be the last time. The first time it went out the unit was only 5 mo.old. I feel like I've been sold a "lemon"
1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>