Consumer Reviews of TEMPSTAR central air conditioners

Read more about TEMPSTAR central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-04-09 Name: John Kaufman

"Kaufman"
This is year six and we have had not one problem. Our installers were excellent and our utility cost for A/C have been lowered, as the rep told us it would be. Normally, we don't have time to write reviews, but our son is in the process of installing a 14 seer Tempstar in his home and we decided to check out the reviews.

Date created: 2010-01-18 Name: Tom Donaldson

"Tom D"
I guess it's the same old thing any one who believes the units are at fault need to get another service man!! My unit is still cranking away with little problems. Been through dogs and kids pushing and shoving the outside unit for years and it still works fine. I guess, you need the right installer to service your units once a year. All your major brands work right if it is installed correctly. Just some warranties are a little better than the rest. Remember any manufacture will have some wear and tear problem at some point but Tempstar has been the best unit for me as of now!!!!

Date created: 2010-01-13 Name: Brendan

"I bought a tempstar condensing unit for C/A and it only lasted 7 years"
It was loud. It seemed to run alot and it was from what I heard built better years ago. Now not so much.

Date created: 2010-01-05 Name: Ronald Jackson

"Owner"
I paid $6500.00 for what I thought was a quality unit. We had bids as low as $4100.00. I should have taken the low bid. In 2 1/2 years, the compressor failed (my old unit lasted 20 years ) - CoolQuest(the installer) is coming back out to replace my 2 1/2 year old compressor for only another $875.00. I am going to do my very best to try and inform as many people as I can about your lousy product. I am out of work right now and I want to thank you very much for me losing more money out of my bank account. I am sure this is falling on closed ears but your company and CoolQuest should be ashamed of yourselves. It's no wonder people are losing faith in America. None of our companies stand behind anything they make.

Date created: 2009-12-29 Name: R Fergerson

"REVERSNG VALVE CAUSES LOUD NOISE"
Unit makes horrible noise when going into reverse. Has anyone had this problem? Otherwise, the unit appears to be working fine.

Date created: 2009-12-09 Name: Sam

"Tempstar Air Conditioner"
I have a split system and until now my Tempstar have worked without a problem. The only thing about our downstairs unit(the "problem unit") is that it is too small for our downstairs. When this one dies, I will go with another Tempstar.

Date created: 2009-10-13 Name: E. A. D.
Location: Tampa

"Never a problem"
Live in Tampa, with extreme humidity. Unit has never failed me and has never been serviced in 10 years. I highly recommend Tempstar.

Date created: 2009-08-16 Name: k. jones

"18 years old"
I have owned this a/c for 18 years. Turned it on last night, and only fan worked. Our tech came out after church, on a Sunday, at no charge and said it was done. Eighteen years with absolutely no problems. Once, I had a tech in for a seasonal check up and he put 2 lbs freon it, and that has been all the maintenance ever done to it. After reading all the reviews on all the brands, I'm afraid to make a purchase. We will have our tech/installer do the installation, so matter what brand, we will be satisfied it was installed correctly.

Date created: 2009-08-11 Name: Ross

"Florida 100 out tempstar"
Hi have a 2004 temp star well I have 2 units as I have a 2 story home! 2,800 feet its not 100 out hot and the units are wide open all the time never cycle, my fpl bill was 260.00 last month not too bad . I have to replace a relay on the 2 1/2 ton unit and no problems with the 3 ton! I would say over all not too bad temp star. just wish when they built the home new in 2004 that they wuld of put a 4 ton up stairs.. cant win them all!

Date created: 2009-08-04 Name: Lee P

"18 year old unit finally quit"
My Tempstar a/c unit finally quit working. After 18 years of service and only having an outdoor fan motor replaced 4 years ago. I am having it replaced with a heat pump unit this time and it will be another Tempstar.