Consumer Reviews of TEMPSTAR central air conditioners

Read more about TEMPSTAR central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-04-27 Name: Ray Anding

"President Ray Anding Const. Inc"
I had a sub-contractor furnish and install 36 n9mp2 units less than 6 months ago. The local supplier will not warranty the units. The local supplier is ACR Supply in West Monroe. Louisiana. I can't find a # to Tempstar to call and talk to someone.

Date created: 2010-04-16 Name: A. Paige

This unit was placed in the home by the builders Mercedes home. Closed in July 2003, had to have the compressor replaced in Jan 2004. Then in winter of 2007, compressor had to be replaced again. Summer of 2007, Freeon kept leaking only to find the the coils had a leak, and get this it was under warranty, but when the company was called to schedule an appointment they had filed bk and therefore no one replaced them. There have been other problems such as the condensor going bad twice. Even Tempstar does not stand by their product. My advice to anyone buy Trane or Carrier.

Date created: 2010-04-09 Name: John Kaufman

"Kaufman"
This is year six and we have had not one problem. Our installers were excellent and our utility cost for A/C have been lowered, as the rep told us it would be. Normally, we don't have time to write reviews, but our son is in the process of installing a 14 seer Tempstar in his home and we decided to check out the reviews.

Date created: 2010-01-18 Name: Tom Donaldson

"Tom D"
I guess it's the same old thing any one who believes the units are at fault need to get another service man!! My unit is still cranking away with little problems. Been through dogs and kids pushing and shoving the outside unit for years and it still works fine. I guess, you need the right installer to service your units once a year. All your major brands work right if it is installed correctly. Just some warranties are a little better than the rest. Remember any manufacture will have some wear and tear problem at some point but Tempstar has been the best unit for me as of now!!!!

Date created: 2010-01-13 Name: Brendan

"I bought a tempstar condensing unit for C/A and it only lasted 7 years"
It was loud. It seemed to run alot and it was from what I heard built better years ago. Now not so much.

Date created: 2010-01-05 Name: Ronald Jackson

"Owner"
I paid $6500.00 for what I thought was a quality unit. We had bids as low as $4100.00. I should have taken the low bid. In 2 1/2 years, the compressor failed (my old unit lasted 20 years ) - CoolQuest(the installer) is coming back out to replace my 2 1/2 year old compressor for only another $875.00. I am going to do my very best to try and inform as many people as I can about your lousy product. I am out of work right now and I want to thank you very much for me losing more money out of my bank account. I am sure this is falling on closed ears but your company and CoolQuest should be ashamed of yourselves. It's no wonder people are losing faith in America. None of our companies stand behind anything they make.

Date created: 2009-12-29 Name: R Fergerson

"REVERSNG VALVE CAUSES LOUD NOISE"
Unit makes horrible noise when going into reverse. Has anyone had this problem? Otherwise, the unit appears to be working fine.

Date created: 2009-12-09 Name: Sam

"Tempstar Air Conditioner"
I have a split system and until now my Tempstar have worked without a problem. The only thing about our downstairs unit(the "problem unit") is that it is too small for our downstairs. When this one dies, I will go with another Tempstar.

Date created: 2009-10-13 Name: E. A. D.
Location: Tampa

"Never a problem"
Live in Tampa, with extreme humidity. Unit has never failed me and has never been serviced in 10 years. I highly recommend Tempstar.

Date created: 2009-08-16 Name: k. jones

"18 years old"
I have owned this a/c for 18 years. Turned it on last night, and only fan worked. Our tech came out after church, on a Sunday, at no charge and said it was done. Eighteen years with absolutely no problems. Once, I had a tech in for a seasonal check up and he put 2 lbs freon it, and that has been all the maintenance ever done to it. After reading all the reviews on all the brands, I'm afraid to make a purchase. We will have our tech/installer do the installation, so matter what brand, we will be satisfied it was installed correctly.