Consumer Reviews of TEMPSTAR central air conditioners

Read more about TEMPSTAR central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-11-09 Name: J Miracle
Location: Tampa Fl.

"Help?"
Why does my Tempstar Smart Comfort 2200 now make a high Pitched sound? Very Annoying. Thanks in Advance for any help you can give.

Date created: 2011-10-03 Name: John Benedict
Location: PA

"Attention consumers"
I have sold Tempstar for years. For many years before I was an installer and service technician. For those of you complaining about refrigerant leaks that you must keep continuing to have a technician come out and re-charge, I have a question. Why doesn't he fix the leak? How do you know the leak isn't one of his solder joints? If it's in the fin pack of a coil why doesn't he take out his electronic leak detector (haha most low grade technician's don't own one, they're too cheap) and find the leak, report it to their distributor, and get a new coil under warranty? Tempstar has excellent warranties and they stand behind their products. There have been some very small legitimate service issues over the years, every manufacturer has them, but a good technician will find it and fix it and /or replace it.

Date created: 2011-09-21 Name: M.Vasho
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL

"TempStar"
This is the best Tempstar TCH260AKC1 a/c unit I have ever had. Never had anything but a Trane, the Trane broke in less than 8 years, cost me tons of money to fix over those 8 years, it was loud, it would not work after winter. Never heard of a TempStar but will never will forget it now. Five years and not a problem. Quite, very good blower, you do have to change the air handler to match the a/c unit however the entire thing was less than a Trane unit alone. Including adding a new whole house filter and a uv light. Definitely would buy from this company again hope I don't have to.

Date created: 2011-08-31 Name: Joshua Angiel
Location: Southern California

"Tempstar Installer"
I am in agreeance with the other Tempstar Installer review on here 150%. I am also a Tempstar Dealer here in Southern California. I have been installing Tempstar for about 10 years now and have had 1 call back. I stand by this product and even brand my trucks with the Tempstar logo. This product is reliable, quiet, reasonably priced (for the contractor and the homeowner). Look lets face it all falls on the installer. These other reviews that I read on here (mainly the dissatisfied ones)to me its funny how most of them have a leak issue!!! Can I just say someones getting ripped off!!!! Once again, it falls on the installer. I Know... I Know... All ac Guys say there equipment is the best Tempstar, Carrier, Ruud, Rheem, Day & Night.... Its all the same.... All your paying for is the name!!! And in some cases like Carrier...It's an expensive name. Look bottom line is Don't Brand bash when your installer is ripping you off!!! Do your research and get more than one opinion. Hire the honest guy. I Am one of them and hate guys that give us honest guys a bad reputation.

Date created: 2011-08-26 Name: Joe Frank
Location: Matthews NC

"Expansion valves stink"
I trusted the name Tempstar/Carrier, but not anymore. I live in Charlotte North Carolina and summers are hot. My new ac system has failed 4 times in 1 year all due to the same issue. EXPANSION Valve STINKS. Each time my wife and I are living in swelter for over a week until a new valve arrives. Yesterday I came home from work and my wife was physically sick with her head in the freezer. I contacted our contractor and he assured me that the new (4th new valve) will arrive today and we will have ac by the weekend. Another miserable week. Thanks Tempstar. How long until this valve fails and we're in the freezer again?

Date created: 2011-08-16 Name: Aaron Harkness
Location: Olathe, Kansas

"Tempstar Installer"
Hello, I am a contractor, installer and dealer of Tempstar equipment here in Kansas City. I understand all of your concerns of poor quality equipment from Tempstar. However, I would like to point out some very important things about Tempstar. 1. Manufactured by the same company that owns Carrier. 2. Are not as picky as to who they sell to as Carrier is (It's a red headed step child brand) and there in-lies the rub. Poor quality installs. For contractors like me, it's great equipment that I can install at a great price! For other contractors who are the "take the money and run" types... It's a dream. Those guys are ruining it for guys like me. They make it hard to sell Tempstar. I can't buy Lennox or Carrier at a dealer rate because I don't have a store front. I'm an Iraq/Afghanistan war veteran. I do things honestly. I do good work. I do it the right way. 3. Research the Installer! Get references! I have over 100 Tempstar customers in this area who would say nothing but good things about my work and the equipment I sell. Thanks, Aaron Harkness Sensible Heating and Cooling www.sensibleheatingandcooling.com aaron@sensibleheatingandcooling.com

Date created: 2011-07-30 Name: D. Soper
Location: Lexington, SC

"Condenser Coil Leaks"
I have had the condenser coil replaced 4 times due to leaks! Everything else in the system has been good, but their condenser coils are horrible!

Date created: 2011-07-18 Name: Mark Kleckler
Location: Monroe, WI

"Too many breakdowns"
Living on a fixed income since retirement, this unit is way too costly. Called service man a total of 9 times since buying it. This isn't the his fault, just the fault of the manufacturer. Glad our service man works with us on a fair price of materials used with very little charge for his labor. Our freon leaks out at least every year. We only use it for 5 months a year, so it should last longer than it is. Our warranty hasn't been any help either. We can't keep fixing it indefinitely. Somehow we will have to buy a different unit other than this brand. We are also concerned with the amount of freon that is leaking into the air and area around the house. We can't imagine that it's safe or enviromentally friendly. We will do a large amount of research into the company and customer reviews before buying another unit so we don't end up in the same boat, but only with a different name and much dissatisfaction.

Date created: 2011-07-12 Name: D. Smith
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Roof Mounted AC / Furnace Gas Pack"
My 5 ton roof mounted gas pack (electric A/C and natural gas furnace) was installed new in 1996. After 12 years of near flawless performance, the compressor finally gave out. Circuit board has to be replaced in 2009. Unit again ran fine until 2011, when condenser fan motor expired. Overall this has been a very good unit, especially considering we are located in Phoenix, Arizona where daytime temperatures routinely exceed 105 degrees from mid-May through end of September.

Date created: 2011-03-31 Name: M.Bucco
Location: Central Florida

"I definitely made the right choice!!!"
I just had my 6 year old 3 ton rheem replaced with a New T model Tempstar Complete system 16seer air conditioner in May of last year and what a difference on my electric bill-It is much much quieter than my old Rheem -And I got a 10year free replacement warranty to boot-I didnt know that Tempstar and Carrier are made by the same company- . My neighbors are amazed how quiet the outside unit is.Before they used to complain about it I highly recommend TEMPSTAR to anyone!!