Consumer Reviews of TEMPSTAR central air conditioners

Read more about TEMPSTAR central air conditioners

Date created: 2006-07-29 Years owned: 3

A-coil leaks and technician says he believes it was leaking for a while. Part was covered but the half day of labor is going to hammer me in the purse. No one has given me any answers whether these coils are pressure tested before going to the consumers.

Date created: 2006-07-24 Years owned: 6

AC unit purchased new in 1990.At 4 yrs. fan switch failed.It took over 3 weeks for parts order and repair.In June 2006 unit failed again,I was told repairs would cost over 1100.00 by BALLARD AIR COND. of Rialto, Ca.

Date created: 2006-07-18 Years owned: 3

I have two Tempstar AC central air units in my new home (built around May of 2003). One is a 4 Ton unit and the other is a 3 Ton unit. Since the units have been installed they have been nothing but trouble. First the lights in the house would dim when the main unit turned on (4 Ton). The electrician (who also was the AC contractor) said it was not a problem. Eventually I convinced him that it was a problem from standpoint. So he installed a power booster on the unit. That seemed to help some. But, the unit kept going down. On one ocassion it needed refrigerant. On two other ocassions the points needed to be replaced. Finally, the compressor burnt out after about 2 1/2 years and it cost me almost $400 in labor to have it replaced. With the new compressor the lights didn't dim as much anymore when the unit started up. Ineresting! The other smaller unit has had points replaced, refrigerant added and now it is blowing hot air after he just replaced the points again last month. I have had Central Air for over 30 years in my homes and have never had these kinds of ongoing problems. But, I also never had Tempstar units before! You can be sure I will never get them again.