Consumer Reviews of TEMPSTAR central air conditioners

Read more about TEMPSTAR central air conditioners

Date created: 2017-08-01 Name: k basso
Location: Fresno, CA

"Poor customer service"
I bought a Tempstar on recommendation of my service rep. He installed it and all was good until summer arrived. It has been locking itself everyday for 4 hours before it comes on again. Sometimes two times in a day. I have called all the numbers provided and has my service rep. This has gone on for 8 weeks. Now they have decided it is a engineering problem. So I called again and to see what could be done and the timeline for engineering to get back to my service guy.. I got what I consider a brushoff. If I had known all these problem were going to occur I would have ran the other way and gone with some other brand. If I do not hear something by the end of the week, I will be engaging professional advice to get this replace!!!

Date created: 2017-07-14 Name: bob boese
Location: Battle Creek, MI

"Was good until now"
Unit was working great only 5 years old now nothing after reading some of the reviews guess I will buy something different instead of wasting my money getting it fixed never really ran it much

Date created: 2017-07-08 Name: WC Geeslin
Location: Windsor, GA

"22 years and going strong"
We have two zonal Tempstar central HVAC units that were installed in 1995...have never really ever been serviced and are still going strong what can I say.

Date created: 2017-06-26 Name: Scot LePage
Location: Milford, OH

"POOR"
We have had our Tempstar for 3 years and already we experienced a leak and the coil just went our ($800 part...THAT Is covered but not the Labor). We live in a condo and basically had to buy a Tempstar or another ICP Brand as they are the only ones small enough to work in the condos. So basically this product is junk.

Date created: 2017-06-15 Name: Des
Location: Minnesota

"Installer issues"
I'd like to say that I am very satisfied with this Tempstar brand 99.9% of the issues that we end consumers have with our systems is due to poor installation by individuals that are not properly qualified to do the job. Anyone with common sense will know that that goes the same for any other product out there. This Tempstar unit that I have installed in my home tsa 6 - 16 seer is a super quiet and yet out performed my old Goodman I recommend this manufacturers brand which of whom is essentially a Carrier product doing my research ICP cooperation makes Carrier, Bryant, Tempstar, day night, Payne and their product is also under a number of names as well. They are all the same equipment different models different metal exterior designs however the equipment compressors and system components are exactly the same with all the different brands at which they make again this is doing my research once again I am 100% satisfied with my Tempstar I believe those of us that have the bad experience and leave really bad reviews are due to very poor installation of the equipment by unqualified individuals.. Hope this is helpful to any and everyone out there!!

Date created: 2017-03-08 Name: R GARVEY
Location: Naples, FL

"Tempstar unit with rusting issue"
Replaced air conditioner with five ton unit tempstar. Within one year the condenser grills started to rust, contacted installer who said he would replace them. Six months later I was told that Tempstar advised it was a cosmetic issue and not covered. I contacted Tempstar and was told that the installer sold me a unit that was not for coastal use. The installer said he never heard that before. My neighbor has the same unit installed one year before mine and no rust. i

Date created: 2016-10-06 Name: Lisa Jackson
Location: Columbia, SC

"Don't buy Tempstar"
I purchased a Tempstar AC unit for my rental home in the fall of 2014 when I replaced my heating unit and installed all new duct work. Today when I had my bi-annual inspection I was told I needed to have the expansion valve replaced on the AC. Evidently the tenant had not expected the AC to cool the house below 78 degrees, so he had never mentioned this issue to me - evidently he told the tech about this. The part is covered by the warranty - it costs approximately $75. The labor to install the part was quoted at $700.00. OK, so when I added up the actual months that the unit has been used - it is about 10 months. I paid $4,000 for the Tempstar AC unit - that cost does not included the heat or duct work. I am very unhappy and have read numerous complaints about Tempstar and expansion valve repairs which apparently often do not fix the problem. I did not have a low-cost installer complete this work - it is actually an installer that we have used previously (about 20 years ago) with good results with another AC product.

Date created: 2016-08-24 Name: J Olsen
Location: Florida

" Tempstar = Lemon"
Every year we have major problems with our Tempstar A/C unit. Stay away!

Date created: 2016-08-09 Name: Lou
Location: New York

"Tempstar - inferior products - do not buy!"
I purchased a Tempstar central air system 5 1/2 years ago which came with a 5-year warranty. This summer we noticed the system wasn't cooling as well as normal and a refrigerant leak was realized. The people at International Comfort Products (Tempstar) would not extend the warranty so I'm writing to tell home owners to not purchase Tempstar products because they design/build products to last just longer than the basic warranty. This equipment is expensive for the average American and I don't want people to make a poor investment. Based on my experience I would never purchase Tempstar equipment again.

Date created: 2016-07-10 Name: R. Von
Location: Bristol, WI

"Tempstar"
I am looking at reviews as I know that HVAC doesn't last forever and I wanted to be prepared in case I had trouble. That being said, my Tempstar heating and air conditioning is original to my home built in 1990. I believe I had a switch replaced in the furnace 15 years ago but other than that neither the furnace nor air conditioning has been touched. I notice that some of the reviews for equipment purchased more recently aren't all as good but based on my own experience it would be hard for me not to give Tempstar a serious look if my current equipment ever gives up the ghost.