Consumer Reviews of TEMPSTAR central air conditioners

Read more about TEMPSTAR central air conditioners

Date created: 2018-08-31 Name: Frank Falotico
Location: Florida

"Rusted out"
The unit was installed three years ago, the top is all rusted out. They used the wrong screws to secure the wire top that is rusting to a point that will cause the fan to drop into the center of the coils.

Date created: 2018-08-29 Name: Kathy Stewart
Location: Pennsylvania

"Don't waste your money"
My unit was installed in June 2011. I replaced the computer/blower motor in 2016 - still under warranty. This year - 2018, I have replaced the start capacitor and now I have replaced the blower motor and computer once again. Do not buy.
Date created: 2018-08-05 Name: Christian
Location: Texas

"Tempstar good"
3 ton 16 seer heat pump 15 kw heat pack and it's been awesome. All I can say is, treat the guys doing your install like family and they will do you a good job. I feed them supper and we watched a movie after. I live in Waco, TX. It gets very hot here. It was 113 last week with 60% humidity. We keep the air on 65 and it has no problem. It cycles on and off like normal. Our energy bill went from $340 to $360. Now it's $120 to $130.
Date created: 2018-07-12 Name: Rich
Location: Tampa, FL

"Not reliable"
After seven years, the compressor blew. This was half of the life expectancy. I do not recommend it to anyone.
Date created: 2018-06-29 Name: donna smith
Location: Florida

"Disgusted"
I had a brand new unit installed in June 2016, I have had 4 service calls for the same issue, failure to maintain coolness and set temperature during heat of day. I live in Florida. On very hot days system stays on 81 between the hours of 3:30 - 8 pm. Nothing we do can correct this and I am tired of paying for a service call that just seems to put a "band aid" on it until it happens again.
Date created: 2018-06-24 Name: Paulette Kostecka
Location: Young America, MN.

"Don't install one!"
Our unit is 6 years old and we have had the same complaint every summer. It just doesn't cool. So, it is looked at, filled with Freon and told he can't find the leak. The last hot spell had to call again. Was told that now the freon was down enough to find the leak. Some coil needed to be replaced, still under warranty. However, we just got our bill and I couldn't believe it!! $998.00. I kept telling our guy from the get go that we had a lemon. We had a Lennox for 36 years and never in all that time had it serviced. My husband just thought we needed a more efficient furnace so we replaced it as well. So, living on a fixed income, husband a stroke survivor, this is a lot if money to come up with. I wish I had read reviews.
Date created: 2018-04-20 Name: Bill Carter
Location: Wilmington

"The best"
I have had four different units at my house live there for 50 years Tempstar has been there and is cooled the best for the past 5 years.
Date created: 2017-11-04 Name: Anthony Vidana
Location: Las Vegas, NV

"Still working after 15 years"
I bought my house in may 2002. It had a temp star 10 (rated seer 10) five ton nac060aka1 central ac with gas heating. The compressor is mounted on a concrete pad outside my house. The ac is a split unit with the heater mounted inside the house in the attic space with the other haft of the ac unit called a coil. The fan above the compressor was replaced last year ant the compressor disconnect was replaced at that time. I have not done any maintenance or other repair. The service repair man said the compressor is running two amp more than normal causing the disconnect terminals to overheat that cause the it to be replaced. the higher amperes are an indication that compressor will be failing soon. that was 15 months ago. He said that the unit used Freon R 11 which will be phase out soon and that the entire ac central ac unit would need replacement. The new AC units are rated 13 seer which the dept. of energy say is 40 percent better than a seer 10. so replacing it will be okay with me. The Tempstar 10 lasted 15 years and is still running- that's pretty good life. I have no complaints
Date created: 2017-10-09 Name: Harry G Miller
Location: Port Orange, FL

"Not reliable"
The unit was installed on June 2, 2010. In less than 6 1/2 years I have replaced the air handler fan motor, a capacitor, a txv valve, and it is now in need of another repair. Forget repairing it, I am getting estimates to replace it!!!
Date created: 2017-08-29 Name: Robert pagnozzi
Location: New York

"4 units"
I purchased 4 units 3 2 ton HVAC and 1 5 ton HVAC unit. Major disappointment had problems with 3 of the 4 units. I won't not recommend Tempstar products. Lawsuit on the way.. Garbage