Consumer Reviews of TEMPSTAR central air conditioners

Read more about TEMPSTAR central air conditioners

Date created: 2018-06-29 Name: donna smith
Location: Florida

"Disgusted"
I had a brand new unit installed in June 2016, I have had 4 service calls for the same issue, failure to maintain coolness and set temperature during heat of day. I live in Florida. On very hot days system stays on 81 between the hours of 3:30 - 8 pm. Nothing we do can correct this and I am tired of paying for a service call that just seems to put a "band aid" on it until it happens again.

Date created: 2018-06-24 Name: Paulette Kostecka
Location: Young America, MN.

"Don't install one!"
Our unit is 6 years old and we have had the same complaint every summer. It just doesn't cool. So, it is looked at, filled with Freon and told he can't find the leak. The last hot spell had to call again. Was told that now the freon was down enough to find the leak. Some coil needed to be replaced, still under warranty. However, we just got our bill and I couldn't believe it!! $998.00. I kept telling our guy from the get go that we had a lemon. We had a Lennox for 36 years and never in all that time had it serviced. My husband just thought we needed a more efficient furnace so we replaced it as well. So, living on a fixed income, husband a stroke survivor, this is a lot if money to come up with. I wish I had read reviews.
Date created: 2018-04-20 Name: Bill Carter
Location: Wilmington

"The best"
I have had four different units at my house live there for 50 years Tempstar has been there and is cooled the best for the past 5 years.
Date created: 2017-11-04 Name: Anthony Vidana
Location: Las Vegas, NV

"Still working after 15 years"
I bought my house in may 2002. It had a temp star 10 (rated seer 10) five ton nac060aka1 central ac with gas heating. The compressor is mounted on a concrete pad outside my house. The ac is a split unit with the heater mounted inside the house in the attic space with the other haft of the ac unit called a coil. The fan above the compressor was replaced last year ant the compressor disconnect was replaced at that time. I have not done any maintenance or other repair. The service repair man said the compressor is running two amp more than normal causing the disconnect terminals to overheat that cause the it to be replaced. the higher amperes are an indication that compressor will be failing soon. that was 15 months ago. He said that the unit used Freon R 11 which will be phase out soon and that the entire ac central ac unit would need replacement. The new AC units are rated 13 seer which the dept. of energy say is 40 percent better than a seer 10. so replacing it will be okay with me. The Tempstar 10 lasted 15 years and is still running- that's pretty good life. I have no complaints
Date created: 2017-10-09 Name: Harry G Miller
Location: Port Orange, FL

"Not reliable"
The unit was installed on June 2, 2010. In less than 6 1/2 years I have replaced the air handler fan motor, a capacitor, a txv valve, and it is now in need of another repair. Forget repairing it, I am getting estimates to replace it!!!
Date created: 2017-08-29 Name: Robert pagnozzi
Location: New York

"4 units"
I purchased 4 units 3 2 ton HVAC and 1 5 ton HVAC unit. Major disappointment had problems with 3 of the 4 units. I won't not recommend Tempstar products. Lawsuit on the way.. Garbage
Date created: 2017-08-01 Name: k basso
Location: Fresno, CA

"Poor customer service"
I bought a Tempstar on recommendation of my service rep. He installed it and all was good until summer arrived. It has been locking itself everyday for 4 hours before it comes on again. Sometimes two times in a day. I have called all the numbers provided and has my service rep. This has gone on for 8 weeks. Now they have decided it is a engineering problem. So I called again and to see what could be done and the timeline for engineering to get back to my service guy.. I got what I consider a brushoff. If I had known all these problem were going to occur I would have ran the other way and gone with some other brand. If I do not hear something by the end of the week, I will be engaging professional advice to get this replace!!!
Date created: 2017-07-14 Name: bob boese
Location: Battle Creek, MI

"Was good until now"
Unit was working great only 5 years old now nothing after reading some of the reviews guess I will buy something different instead of wasting my money getting it fixed never really ran it much.
Date created: 2017-07-08 Name: WC Geeslin
Location: Windsor, GA

"22 years and going strong"
We have two zonal Tempstar central hvac units that were installed in 1995...have never really ever been serviced and are still going strong what can I say.
Date created: 2017-06-26 Name: Scot LePage
Location: Milford, OH

"POOR"
We have had our Tempstar for 3 years and already we experienced a leak and the coil just went our ($800 part...THAT Is covered but not the Labor). We live in a condo and basically had to buy a Tempstar or another icp Brand as they are the only ones small enough to work in the condos. So basically this product is junk.