Consumer Reviews of TAPPAN central air conditioners

Read more about TAPPAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-07-19 Name: elizabeth
Location: Bellaire,tx

"Do not buy Tappan"
My builder installed two brand new Tappan hvac units in my house 5 years ago. Ever since I have problems with them. Do not buy this brand!

Date created: 2012-04-15 Name: fred fedor
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

"Had Nothing But Trouble"
Had nothing but trouble: a coil leaked. Took two years to find it because of the design. One year after replacing it, the unit quit working. Model cr22kf pfv 230. Model value was 5,000 dollars.

Date created: 2011-08-24 Name: D. Applewhite
Location: San Bernardino, CA

"Tappan hvac warranty nightmare"
My Tappan hvac is so noisy, that it so embarrassing to have anyone over. My unit was put in by New real contractor in Upland California which did a lousy job. The unit have never work right from day 1. To top things off, the a/c doesn't blow out cold air. I contacted Nordyne customer service the company that makes Tappan, and they gave me 5 different companies to contact for the warranty repair, what's really funny about that none of the companies honored their warranty. Beware Nordyne customer service is a nightmare.

Date created: 2011-07-01 Name: L. Comer
Location: San Antonio, texas

"Sounds like water running through the pipes"
Actually, I just had the new unit put in today! As soon as business opens tomorrow, I'm calling them back out to either take it away or fix the noise. I have a feeling there is no fix.

Date created: 2010-10-18 Name: Sandy
Location: Council Bluffs, IA

"26 years"
We've had a Tappan Central Air unit for 26 years and we've had to have major work done on it several times through the years. Thank god we have Service One that has paid for it. The last two years it has been so noisy you can't even talk. I feel sorry for my neighbors. I don't think it will last another summer. So I'm think of getting a new AC to take advantage of the tax credits and rebates.