Consumer Reviews of TAPPAN central air conditioners

Read more about TAPPAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2017-06-15 Name: Marianne Long
Location: Portales, NM

"Package Unit - Extremely disappointed"
Replaced a Sears Kenmore Heat/AC package unit of same size and rating that worked for 20 years but had to replace because started leaking Freon. This Tappan unit was recommended and the ac stopped cooling house after about 7 years. I set the thermostat and house temp rises instead of going down. I can't even cool house some days to less than 76 deg F. Every time technician checks he can't find anything wrong. Now its getting close to end of warranty and will have to replace. Had heater element replaced twice under warranty but had to pay service tech for labor. I expected much more from an old reliable name brand. What a waste of money!

Date created: 2017-06-01 Name: Lin
Location: Michigan

"Tappan air conditioners and furnaces are junk."
Nothing but problems with Tappan air conditioner and furnance. Every year have to have service on both. I would say they are noting but junk and would highly not recommend Tappan products.

Date created: 2016-09-28 Name: Julie Valley
Location: Dallas, TX

"Tappan HVAC system"
Bought a complete new HVAC system - inside unit and outside in June, 2013. May, 2016 it wouldn't cool. Service company said it was the inside coils leaking and the part was under warranty. But I had to pay an installation fee of $500. August, 2016 they had to replace the contactor. Part was under warranty and service company did not charge labor. I have never seen an HVAC unit that lasted less than 10 years in residential use. This company should pay for the labor on this crappy system.

Date created: 2015-08-06 Name: Angie Foster
Location: Mulliken, MI

"Frozen coils"
Not happy with this unit. Installed a month ago, it does not blow out cold air. The coils are freezing up. Cannot seem to get return calls. Spent over $3000. Not happy. I do not recommend Tappan brand.

Date created: 2014-10-28 Name: L Stevens
Location: Texas

"Avoid Nordyne"
Tappan is manufactured by Nordyne. Nordyne also manufactures many other brands of air conditioners and they all have the same problem: the coils fail. Some fail within 6 months, some fail fail in 4 years. Look on the internet, it's being written about. My unit is 30 months old. Nordyne will give a "credit" for the coils but will not pay for the labor to replace the coils. My A/C tech wants to charge me $1500. What's sad is that it will happen again, unless I totally replace it with a unit not manufactured by Nordyne.

Date created: 2014-03-27 Name: ed roh
Location: al

"Tappan junk"
I have had My Tappan for 9 years. I have had the unit worked on every 6 months Junk

Date created: 2013-09-13 Name: D. Colella
Location: Waterbury, Ct

"Tappan Split System Air Cooled Condensing Unit Coil With Blower"
We had this Tappan central air conditioner installed 3 years ago and it has been nothing but trouble. I have had to get technicians here to repair or replace coolant, primary pan which cracked, pipes that broke, and leaked water through two floors. I would never consider buying Tappan products again. I don't need another nightmare!!

Date created: 2013-07-30 Name: T. Smith
Location: Texas

"Unhappy"
Replaced my entire heating/air conditioning system last year, almost $10,000 worth. I got a lemon!! I've had so many parts replaced it should be almost new, but have been without A/C since Friday. Suppose to get a loaner heat pump today. I'll never be a future owner of anything Tappan.

Date created: 2013-05-18 Name: Tim Titus
Location: Austin, TX

"Two Speed Tappan - Lifetime Compressor"
Wow, I'm very happy with my new unit. It is very quiet and my electric bills have really gone down. You can't beat the warranties! I love it running in the lower speed. The guys that put it in did a really nice job. Thanks Autumn! I had a Carrier before, lots of problems.

Date created: 2013-04-21 Name: mike montgomery
Location: indpls, In.

"Installation/service is everything"
I have no ties to Tappan equipment, never sold it or installed their equipment. As a 40 yr old veteran of the HVAC business, I am amazed that people complain about a brand of equipment. If your warranty doesn't cover 'real problems, not maintenance or acts of God, and abuse, you should have bought a better parts/labor warranty. 80% of the problems with equipment are do to improper installation and maintenance! Choose your contractor wisely.