Consumer Reviews of TAPPAN central air conditioners

Read more about TAPPAN central air conditioners

Date created: 2016-09-28 Name: Julie Valley
Location: Dallas, TX

"Tappan HVAC system"
Bought a complete new HVAC system - inside unit and outside in June, 2013. May, 2016 it wouldn't cool. Service company said it was the inside coils leaking and the part was under warranty. But I had to pay an installation fee of $500. August, 2016 they had to replace the contactor. Part was under warranty and service company did not charge labor. I have never seen an HVAC unit that lasted less than 10 years in residential use. This company should pay for the labor on this crappy system.

Date created: 2015-08-06 Name: Angie Foster
Location: Mulliken, MI

"Frozen coils"
Not happy with this unit. Installed a month ago, it does not blow out cold air. The coils are freezing up. Cannot seem to get return calls. Spent over $3000. Not happy. I do not recommend Tappan brand.

Date created: 2014-10-28 Name: L Stevens
Location: Texas

"Avoid Nordyne"
Tappan is manufactured by Nordyne. Nordyne also manufactures many other brands of air conditioners and they all have the same problem: the coils fail. Some fail within 6 months, some fail fail in 4 years. Look on the internet, it's being written about. My unit is 30 months old. Nordyne will give a "credit" for the coils but will not pay for the labor to replace the coils. My A/C tech wants to charge me $1500. What's sad is that it will happen again, unless I totally replace it with a unit not manufactured by Nordyne.

Date created: 2014-03-27 Name: ed roh
Location: al

"Tappan junk"
I have had My Tappan for 9 years. I have had the unit worked on every 6 months Junk

Date created: 2013-09-13 Name: D. Colella
Location: Waterbury, Ct

"Tappan Split System Air Cooled Condensing Unit Coil With Blower"
We had this Tappan central air conditioner installed 3 years ago and it has been nothing but trouble. I have had to get technicians here to repair or replace coolant, primary pan which cracked, pipes that broke, and leaked water through two floors. I would never consider buying Tappan products again. I don't need another nightmare!!

Date created: 2013-07-30 Name: T. Smith
Location: Texas

"Unhappy"
Replaced my entire heating/air conditioning system last year, almost $10,000 worth. I got a lemon!! I've had so many parts replaced it should be almost new, but have been without A/C since Friday. Suppose to get a loaner heat pump today. I'll never be a future owner of anything Tappan.

Date created: 2013-05-18 Name: Tim Titus
Location: Austin, TX

"Two Speed Tappan - Lifetime Compressor"
Wow, I'm very happy with my new unit. It is very quiet and my electric bills have really gone down. You can't beat the warranties! I love it running in the lower speed. The guys that put it in did a really nice job. Thanks Autumn! I had a Carrier before, lots of problems.

Date created: 2013-04-21 Name: mike montgomery
Location: indpls, In.

"Installation/service is everything"
I have no ties to Tappan equipment, never sold it or installed their equipment. As a 40 yr old veteran of the HVAC business, I am amazed that people complain about a brand of equipment. If your warranty doesn't cover 'real problems, not maintenance or acts of God, and abuse, you should have bought a better parts/labor warranty. 80% of the problems with equipment are do to improper installation and maintenance! Choose your contractor wisely.

Date created: 2012-07-19 Name: elizabeth
Location: Bellaire,tx

"Do not buy Tappan"
My builder installed two brand new Tappan hvac units in my house 5 years ago. Ever since I have problems with them. Do not buy this brand!

Date created: 2012-04-15 Name: fred fedor
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

"Had Nothing But Trouble"
Had nothing but trouble: a coil leaked. Took two years to find it because of the design. One year after replacing it, the unit quit working. Model cr22kf pfv 230. Model value was 5,000 dollars.