Consumer Reviews of SEARS central air conditioners

Read more about SEARS central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-04-21 Name: SEARS

"Our Central Air Conditioner"
I had a service technician come out when it stopped cooling. The technician said my unit is fine but the copper tubing had a leak that needed replaced. Sears fixed it and now it is going on it's 24th year! Beat that Carrier, Trane, etc!

Date created: 2008-12-27 Name: Roxanne Tuinstra
Location: Pittsburgh

"Bought a Lemon of a Furnace"
I have had so many problems since we first bought this furnace/central air. I feel that we have been sold a bill of goods. First, Sears supposed 24 hour service is not 24 hour service and we are directed to someone not in our area, but out of the states who does not understand we have three very small children, in fact, a newborn at the time. The first thing to go, several months after we first bought the furnace, was the condenser pump I believe it is called, that flooded part of our basement. The second thing to go in 2007 in the dead of winter where we had to call someone on our own and pay out of our own pocket, was the thermo board, which was a nightmare. We had to put the little ones in our room in our bed to keep warm. Now, it is our pump outside. It has been a month and a half and the regional manager keeps stalling about how he cannot get a hold of the guy to come out and inject dye in our pump to see where the leak is and if it is in the line, we would be out thousands of dollars. On a furnace that is only 3 years old. Merry Christmas to us, thanks to Sears. We are supposed to be saving money during this time because it is a hybrid of electricity and gas. So much for that. I bet Sears won't reimburse us that! We have Kenmore appliances--an oven, refrigerator, even a vacuum. This is it. Thanks a lot for your crappy service and product. Roxanne Tuinstra 131 Montana Street Pittsburgh, PA 15214 412.931.6013 [email protected]