Consumer Reviews of SEARS central air conditioners

Read more about SEARS central air conditioners

Date created: 2016-10-14 Name: Edwina Goode
Location: Newberry Springs, CA

"Ignoring service calls"
Sears does not stand by its air conditioning products. We had air conditioning put in 11 months ago and this summer its performance was horrible. We sat here with air conditing, sweating because it didn't cool off the house. This was central air conditioning we had installed. The first time we called someone came out and did nothing and was annoyed to have to come. He was rude while here and told us that this may be the best we'll get. We called again over and over and they kept saying they would get back to us, but didn't. We had a second problem in that the air conditioning would not turn off. No one has ever gotten back to us and of course no one came out. We asked for someone different than the first person who came out. We don't know why they won't tell us why we are being ignored. We are senior citizens.

Date created: 2016-09-30 Name: Brad
Location: Omaha, NE

"Untruthful sales person - bad company"
Don't waste your time with this company. They subcontract everything and lie about other companies to scare you into doing business with them. Worst I've ever seen.

Date created: 2016-08-11 Name: Tasha
Location: Danielsville, GA

"Buyer beware"
Bought a unit and paid $13,000 for it. It doesn't work. Several repair calls later and an entire summer sweating and still no resolution. Customer service is terrible. They don't stand by their product and it's no wonder because it's awful. Don't buy a product from them. You will regret it!

Date created: 2016-05-20 Name: W. Saber
Location: Southboroug, MA

"Would never use again and will never recommend"
Bought an AC unit. They requested we pay in full before installation. The system never worked. Have been trying to fix it for the last 6 months. They send low quality techs who spend the whole day without being able to figure out what's wrong. Incredibly low quality and poor service!

Date created: 2015-09-28 Location: California

"A Review Of My Central Air Conditioner"
How long you've owned your air conditioner: For approximately 6 years. What you like about it: I live in California so central air is a must. It cools the entire house, instead of having to settle for a portable fan or a ceiling fan that is restricted to just one room. What you dislike about it: I do not like how long it takes to actually kick in and start cooling. First a little fan comes on, not sure what it's doing, then about 7 minutes later the full system kicks in and starts cooling. I would like to start cooling the minute I turn it on. If you have ever had to repair or replace it -- why did it need to be repaired, after how many years, how the repair went, etc.: I installed this one because the last one we had eventually gave out. The last one was the original one that came with the house when built and purchased in the 1970's. Would you buy the same brand again or recommend it to a friend? I would buy the same brand. Sears is always good, but not the same model since it does not kick in and start to cool the house right away.

Date created: 2014-07-03 Name: Linda Paulin
Location: Manalapan, NJ

"Nightmare AC system with Sears"
Do not ever use Sears to install a central air conditioner system. From the moment it was installed, it has not been working. They refuse to change it. System costs us more than $5000. We may be forced to take them to court. The thermostat reading does not go beyond 80. We are very upset. I wish my husband had read these reviews before contracting them.

Date created: 2013-07-18 Name: SVJ

"Poor Service"
I posted a complaint on several website and some asked if I would like someone to call me about the issue. I said yes and I have not heard from a single person.

Date created: 2013-01-04 Name: Dude

"What a JOKE!!!"
I was expecting more of Sears. The man who visited my home thought we were fools who would fall for their PowerPoint presentation on why Sears is the best. Just like Home Depot's clowns. Then he finally went ahead and calculated what we needed for our house and proceeded to quote us 3 times the amount we were quoted from other contractors! Then they call me the next day and they want to come waste my time again to give a more "aggressive" price. The answer was no!! Last time I deal with Sears...

Date created: 2012-09-12 Name: Tyrone Trebble

"If You Value Your Sanity Stay Away From Sears"
Although this incident happened during my deployment, it was in 2006 when I had Sears install this lg piece of junk. To make a long story short, it stopped working 2006 to 2010. So I finally had threaten Sears with a lawsuit for them to replace it with Mitsubishi model which works well. I also got assistance from one the managers who serve in Iraq with me. He made the call to take that junk out of my house.

Date created: 2012-09-01 Name: Shea1031
Location: Staten Island

"Run...Run Away as fast as you can!!!"
You will be sorry if you buy from Sears. The salesperson Bob A. Who deals with Staten Island is a big phony. He's your best friend till the deal is made then you will never hear from him again. The installer (Bella Air Conditioning)installed it wrong, Sears wanted them to come back and review it, after many phone calls to corporate office they sent another company, who had to fix it. I called customer service because my unit which was over 11k didn't come with a filter. Are you kidding me?? A filter?? Really??? Sears said they would send one out.....20 days later no filter. Just called back, no record of first phone call. Simply the worst!!!