Consumer Reviews of SEARS central air conditioners

Read more about SEARS central air conditioners

Date created: 2018-07-05 Name: Nancy Kelsey
Location: Belton, TX

"Service"
Two units new last October. Did not warm house during winter. This summer was without cooling for 6 weeks, until I got a local man to repair the unit. Service out of San Antonio is lousy.

Date created: 2018-05-31 Name: Michele Isome
Location: Killeen, TX

"Over charging customers"
I would give them a negative 100 if I could. I was given estimate of $385.00 cost for a Lennox blower relay installation on an air handler. The estimated labor was $335.56 to install something that takes 5 mins to do. The estimated cost of the blower relay was $50 for an item that you can get off the internet for $20 brand new.
Date created: 2018-05-22 Name: Jennifer goss
Location: California

"Incompetent"
Purchased a whole HVAC unit from sears, almost 16000 dollars, they contracted a company to put the unit in, they put the return air right above the couch not in the hallway like usual they also put the thermostat over the couch also, when the unit turns on a squilling noise comes from the 5th bedroom, my daughter's room doesn't even get warm, very unsatisfied with sears and who the contracted out, I will be getting ahold of sears to hopefully fix theses problems but I won't hold my breath, but seriously who puts the return air right above the couch which is not quite at all. Fix this sears.
Date created: 2017-09-15 Name: L. Shap
Location: South Ozone Park, NY

"NEVER GOT PAST CONTRACT"
Had salesperson come to house. Went through everything. Came up with a quote - was told I would be contacted within a few days. Well within a few days they came to measure - the contractor had no idea of what was to be done and the existing unit. He left saying we needed an additional piece of equipment. After two weeks of calling, leaving messages finally was told they were looking into getting a part. Another week of calling - no response - finally today was told they cannot get the part so...............of curse for $5000.00 more they can replace the entire thing bringing the price to approximately $17,000. I'd rather buy a car and sleep in it for that price.
Date created: 2017-09-06 Name: T. Mullen
Location: Chicago, IL

"Ancient Sears AC is a workhorse"
We bought a Sears central air conditioner kit in 1972. It came in 3 packages - condenser, evaporator and tubing. It was sold to be installed by the homeowner, and was extremely easy to do. Took me about a day. We have never had a service problem with this unit. Never. It has worked flawlessly for 45 years now and is still going strong. We have looked at getting a new, more efficient unit, but have been told they only last 10 to 15 years. Just can't give up the ultra-reliable Sears unit. It proves that American manufacturers can make excellent equipment if they want to do so.
Date created: 2017-08-17 Name: Dave
Location: Houston, TX

"Never Your Best Option"
Had a Sears rep out to bid/sell an ac replacement. Needed a 5 ton, 16 seer unit with air handler/heater. No duct work or electrical work required. Just remove 20 year old existing unit and put in efficient new unit, simple enough.The rep was prompt (ahead of schedule) professional and very friendly. Appeared knowledgeable as well.That's all that can be said was positive about the experience. I was high balled on the price and offered 12 months interest free financing on a project over $10 K. Of course I did my homework and found another reputable company to do the install $1,500 cheaper with 36 months financing at zero interest. When I brought this to the attention of the Sears rep, the response I got wowed me. I was offered a "price match" and 24 months interest free financing. Obviously I stuck with the "other guy" and the 36 months. Bottom line, Sears should have come to the table with a "good deal" to begin with instead of making a potential customer feel they are being taken advantage of. As the saying goes, always get several quotes on projects, big or small and Sears is not likely to ever be your best option. They are definitely not the company they once were. They lost sight of customer service values and I witnessed it first hand with my recent encounter.
Date created: 2016-10-14 Name: Edwina Goode
Location: Newberry Springs, CA

"Ignoring service calls"
Sears does not stand by its air conditioning products. We had air conditioning put in 11 months ago and this summer its performance was horrible. We sat here with air conditing, sweating because it didn't cool off the house. This was central air conditioning we had installed. The first time we called someone came out and did nothing and was annoyed to have to come. He was rude while here and told us that this may be the best we'll get. We called again over and over and they kept saying they would get back to us, but didn't. We had a second problem in that the air conditioning would not turn off. No one has ever gotten back to us and of course no one came out. We asked for someone different than the first person who came out. We don't know why they won't tell us why we are being ignored. We are senior citizens.
Date created: 2016-09-30 Name: Brad
Location: Omaha, NE

"Untruthful sales person - bad company"
Don't waste your time with this company. They subcontract everything and lie about other companies to scare you into doing business with them. Worst I've ever seen.
Date created: 2016-08-11 Name: Tasha
Location: Danielsville, GA

"Buyer beware"
Bought a unit and paid $13,000 for it. It doesn't work. Several repair calls later and an entire summer sweating and still no resolution. Customer service is terrible. They don't stand by their product and it's no wonder because it's awful. Don't buy a product from them. You will regret it!
Date created: 2016-05-20 Name: W. Saber
Location: Southboroug, MA

"Would never use again and will never recommend"
Bought an AC unit. They requested we pay in full before installation. The system never worked. Have been trying to fix it for the last 6 months. They send low quality techs who spend the whole day without being able to figure out what's wrong. Incredibly low quality and poor service!