Consumer Reviews of RUUD central air conditioners

Read more about RUUD central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-05-30 Name: GMyers
Location: Ohio

"Lasted 19 Years"
There must be something good about these Ruuds. Our just went out after 19 years. 2x/year preventative maintenance is all we ever did.

Date created: 2011-05-24 Name: bill robertson
Location: cape coral, florida

"13seer 10kw r-410 puron"
The compressor was knocking when shutting down, replaced shortly after install, same problem now, dealer wants about $400 to instal new one. I had a Barg before which performed about 13 years. I have to hold off laying out the money now and what happens 2 or 3 years down the road? I am a very unhappy camper, fell like I made a BAD CHOICE.
Date created: 2011-05-08 Name: SuperSc
Location: Denver Metro

"Year 27 and counting"
Our 27 year old a/c was manufactured in 09/1984 and still keeps us frigid, but it is time to replace it with a more energy efficient one (plus we have a small leak in the outside coils so we get a recharge every 4 years...)
Date created: 2011-04-26 Name: Johnny Stanley
Location: Sulphur Louisiana

"Owner of 15 rudd a/c"
I own 15 apartments with 15 rudd units.Had trouble with all 15 from day one. Had to replace all 15 coils, real nightmare. They all get worked on every summer. Have replaced some patched the others to get by. Rudd is without a doubt the worst a/c on the market.I would not ever purchase any item that has rudd stamp on it. JUNK
Date created: 2011-04-25 Name: Archie Diable
Location: Summerfield Fl.

"Home owner"
The unit is only 4 years old and have had many problems but the biggest is the training of the contractors the contractor I have been useing is jin percys of summerfield fl. all they are doing is r&ring parts.to try in find the problem WHAT A JOKE. will not use ruud again. or jim percys
Date created: 2011-04-11 Name: km
Location: va

"Km"
Great unit. Did yearly regular manitance.Will buy same unit again.
Date created: 2011-04-11 Name: R. Pogue
Location: NLR AR.

"Piece of junk"
We purchased a rudd ac unit for our home and have had to have the unit repaired every summer and sometimes two or three times a summer, I contacted a factory rep last year and they sent some one out to look at it and repair it, well it is summer onve more and the unit will not work , when the factory rep was contactedthis year i was told it was my problem. I would never purchase any thing made by this company.
Date created: 2011-03-01 Name: M. Clark
Location: Cape Coral , FL

"Central Air"
I bought my House and moved in .. in 1990. RUUD system was installed by builder. High Efficiency Unit about 9 SEER I believe.I had problems 2 years ago and had to replace the outside fan motor....cost $ 400.00 and some change because they don't make the motor anymore. 2 ton unit. Technicians kept bleeding off my Freon and charging me for a pound...R-22. System has ran for 21 years with a hard start capacitor and same compressor. South Florida is hot. I want a new Trane but RUUD looks pretty inviting.
Date created: 2011-02-17 Name: Roy Thompson
Location: FortWorth,tx

"Air Handler harmonic sound(correction)"
This Home Owners complaint was dated 01-28-2011.I complained of a Harmonic Sound coming from the blower motor and wheel and blamed the Ruud manufacture of a faulty unit.I want to apoligize to RUUD.The Unit blows Heat an Cools fine.The Harmonic annoying sound was do to the fact the two floor wall return vents were not pulling air equally.Once the obstruction was corrected by the homeowner on discovery the harmonic sound ceased and all is well.I am a proud owner of RUUD AC.I am pleased.
Date created: 2011-01-28 Name: Roy Thompson
Location: FortWorth,TX

"Air Handler--Noisy Harmonic Sound"
Purchased 16 Seer 4tn unit 10-22-2010 for my Two story House.Heat an Air Blows through vents swell.My air handler is inside a hallway closet.The blower wheel and motor were replaced 01-24-2011 Harmonic sound is very annoying,I think a factory Representative should look into this case.I have a $8,000 investment in this purchase.I am not ready to say this is a bad product.I had a 10 seer Ruud since 2003 but was insuffient in cooling the upstairs due to the fact I did not keep the evaporator core clean like I should have an using cheap filters leting dust an lint by which suffocated the core.If it cant breath it wont cool properly.Now back to the main complaint.The motor is turning the blower wheel,their is know vibration but annoying sound persists.I hate calling the contractor back about this time an time again.Help Me RUUD.This product is regitered on their web site as a qualified energy Unit{ARRA}.