Consumer Reviews of RUUD central air conditioners

Read more about RUUD central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-04-25 Name: Archie Diable
Location: Summerfield Fl.

"Home owner"
The unit is only 4 years old and have had many problems but the biggest is the training of the contractors the contractor I have been useing is jin percys of summerfield fl. all they are doing is r&ring parts.to try in find the problem WHAT A JOKE. will not use ruud again. or jim percys

Date created: 2011-04-11 Name: km
Location: va

"Km"
Great unit. Did yearly regular manitance.Will buy same unit again.

Date created: 2011-04-11 Name: R. Pogue
Location: NLR AR.

"Piece of junk"
We purchased a rudd ac unit for our home and have had to have the unit repaired every summer and sometimes two or three times a summer, I contacted a factory rep last year and they sent some one out to look at it and repair it, well it is summer onve more and the unit will not work , when the factory rep was contactedthis year i was told it was my problem. I would never purchase any thing made by this company.

Date created: 2011-03-01 Name: M. Clark
Location: Cape Coral , FL

"Central Air"
I bought my House and moved in .. in 1990. RUUD system was installed by builder. High Efficiency Unit about 9 SEER I believe.I had problems 2 years ago and had to replace the outside fan motor....cost $ 400.00 and some change because they don't make the motor anymore. 2 ton unit. Technicians kept bleeding off my Freon and charging me for a pound...R-22. System has ran for 21 years with a hard start capacitor and same compressor. South Florida is hot. I want a new Trane but RUUD looks pretty inviting.

Date created: 2011-02-17 Name: Roy Thompson
Location: FortWorth,tx

"Air Handler harmonic sound(correction)"
This Home Owners complaint was dated 01-28-2011.I complained of a Harmonic Sound coming from the blower motor and wheel and blamed the Ruud manufacture of a faulty unit.I want to apoligize to RUUD.The Unit blows Heat an Cools fine.The Harmonic annoying sound was do to the fact the two floor wall return vents were not pulling air equally.Once the obstruction was corrected by the homeowner on discovery the harmonic sound ceased and all is well.I am a proud owner of RUUD AC.I am pleased.

Date created: 2011-01-28 Name: Roy Thompson
Location: FortWorth,TX

"Air Handler--Noisy Harmonic Sound"
Purchased 16 Seer 4tn unit 10-22-2010 for my Two story House.Heat an Air Blows through vents swell.My air handler is inside a hallway closet.The blower wheel and motor were replaced 01-24-2011 Harmonic sound is very annoying,I think a factory Representative should look into this case.I have a $8,000 investment in this purchase.I am not ready to say this is a bad product.I had a 10 seer Ruud since 2003 but was insuffient in cooling the upstairs due to the fact I did not keep the evaporator core clean like I should have an using cheap filters leting dust an lint by which suffocated the core.If it cant breath it wont cool properly.Now back to the main complaint.The motor is turning the blower wheel,their is know vibration but annoying sound persists.I hate calling the contractor back about this time an time again.Help Me RUUD.This product is regitered on their web site as a qualified energy Unit{ARRA}.

Date created: 2010-12-07 Name: Ruud Dealer

"Installed right"
if these units are installed right they will last a long time read all the reviews seems like there all leaks if they would have been welded right from the first install you would not have had this problem alot of these problems should fall back on the company installing them

Date created: 2010-11-06 Name: J Santos
Location: Modesto, CA

"Almost Bullet-Proof"
I moved into my house in 1995 and one of the first things I did was remove the YORK piece of junk system that came with the house and replaced it with all RUUD equipment. The person I bought the home from had the YORK system for 5 years and said that he had techs out from the A/C company on average 5 times a year for one problem or another. I didn't want to deal with the expense or hassle, so I chose RUUD since I had the same brand (RHEEM) in my previous home and had no issues whatsoever. I'd recommend RUUD equipment to anyone who doesn't want to worry about expensive parts and annoying breakdowns.

Date created: 2010-10-30 Name: T. Hale
Location: Tyler,Tx

"WORKS IN A DOUBLR WIDE"
Almost everyone said it would not work in a doublewide because the ductwork was too small..but not so if properly installed. I did slightly modify duct with adding additional 12" duct tap from directly under unit to center of both runs of original ducts...heats and cools much better than Intertherm & much lower costs.

Date created: 2010-09-30 Name: Norris Croom
Location: Copperas Cove, TX

"Achiever 14"
I have had several problems with my RUUD system and am now contemplating going to a Lennox system. Have paid almost as much in repairs as I did for the system new. System is only six years old and has cost me well over $2000.00 in repairs by replacing the evaporator coil assembly, holes in lines, freon (and lots of it). The majority of the repairs have been in the last year, since the warranty expired. Some early on repairs too, so we've never had total confidence in this system. I will never buy another RUUD system, nor recommend it to anyone. In fact I'll recommend against it.