Consumer Reviews of RUUD central air conditioners

Read more about RUUD central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-08-19 Name: J Song
Location: Plano, TX

"Dead two days after new installation"
My new Rudd r410a was installed on Friday, on Sunday noon it is dead, and my contractor seems not working on Sunday, can't reach him. And Rudd no central customer support for air conditioners, very unsatisfied.

Date created: 2012-08-16 Name: Doug
Location: Long Island NY

"DOESN'T HONOR WARRANTY"
Bought my unit less than 2 years ago. Can't find a service person to work on my unit even after going on ruud website. I guess bc they didnt install my unit they wont do my warranty work and my contractor is no longer available. I was able to diagnose the problem myself but ruud wont send me the part or make it available to me even though it is only the fan motor on the air handler (a very simple repair that requires no special skills or tools). It took 4 days for the rep from ruud to reply to my email which is the only way to contact ruud since their website has no phone number. He informed me they dont deal with homeowners and all he could offer me was for me to call the contractors on their website. When I explained to him that no one from their website returned my calls his reply was that was the only assistance he could offer me and hung up the phone. I guess now I am going to have to bring them to court to get my part.

Date created: 2012-07-30 Name: P Jeffries
Location: lafayette La

"Running strong"
Swapped out single hvac unit for a "new 610a" Dual ruud units with heating coil, live in Louisana and wanted cool zone if / when Ac goes out. House is old and the unit have not missed a beat in 3 years. they are both high effiecny top of the line Ruud units, one 4ton, the other 3ton..

Date created: 2012-06-27 Name: Bill B.
Location: Tucson, AZ

"Don't buy Ruud"
3 ton 14 seer AC/natural gas furnace installed June 2010. ac went out June 2012. Parts still under warranty but waited 6 days and paid $1333.00 labor costs. I was confident that I had bought top of the line. Now I am only confident that it will go out again. When it does, I will never again buy Ruud. Read the other reviews here. Note that most negative reviews are on newer models and draw your own conclusions.

Date created: 2012-06-27 Name: TonyB
Location: New Orleans,La.

"3 years now broken"
I bought the whole package, now 3 years later it's broke. The man coming tomorrow to see whats wrong. The other reviews are bad. I will update my review.

Date created: 2012-06-19 Name: Danielle McLarty
Location: Michigan

"Still going strong!!!!"
I have had my Ruud air conditioner for going on 23 or 24 years.....and guess what? It still works great. Sure, I've had to have it charged once or twice, but it is working pretty well for its age....

Date created: 2012-06-16 Name: B. Regnier
Location: Wisconsin

"Garbage"
They are total garbage!!! From the furnace to the AC. My in-laws had this house and had it installed. Nothing but problems every year since day one. Now we have the house and it's nothing but problems every summer and winter something happens and it needs to be fixed. What a piece of crap!

Date created: 2012-03-05 Name: N. Anthony
Location: Key Largo, FL.

"Unreliable - Critical Failures"
Do not buy. Extremely unreliable!. Model RSPM-A036JK. 3 critical failures within a yr. Process tube broke and leaked all r401 freon. Blower motor failure just after a year -- had to pay $150 for labor. Expansion valve failure just shortly thereafter. Another $200+ for labor. Poor quality components. Find a better brand that uses iso quality control production.

Date created: 2011-11-17 Name: Megan
Location: Greenville, NC

"Don't do it! Piece of Junk"
This Ruud unit came with our house. It's five year warranty just ran out in September, two months ago. Currently we have very small leaks in both our compressor and evaporator coils after 5 years. And since the warranty is up, the cost of repair is not worth it. So while many people get 15-20 years out of their ac units, the one we have lasted 5 Pathetic. Apparently there is a charge for getting a piece under warranty which is terrible and we had another problem with the unit 2 years ago that required getting a new part under warranty. Please buy something else, but from reviews, don't do a Goodman either.

Date created: 2011-10-02 Name: Todd

"Happy"
It works like an air conditioner. 6 years and going strong.