Consumer Reviews of RUUD central air conditioners

Read more about RUUD central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-11-17 Name: R. Burnett
Location: Edna, Tx

"Ruud is junk"
New unit installed for about 1 year when evaporator started leaking. Ruud replaced the evaporator coil but I had to pay the labor cost. The Ruud brand is junk, don't buy!

Date created: 2012-11-01 Name: K. Jones
Location: Kingsville, TX

"Evaporator coil leak after only 5 years"
Our ruud unit evaporator coil is leaking refrigerant after only 5 years of service. Out of warranty - so sorry - says manufacturer. This stuff is junk in my view. Buy another product. I certainly will. The Unit was sold to me by Aire Serv.

Date created: 2012-10-16 Name: J doe
Location: south, FL

"Reliable"
My unit is 22 years old. I have replaced one contractor, and one condenser fan motor. It has now developed a refrig leak in the evap coil, so I will be changing out the unit, but it has been a good system.

Date created: 2012-09-26 Name: j. prince
Location: op,fl

"I was a top contractor for Rudd"
Was a Rudd top contractor. I installed a lot of this stuff in the last three years. Evaporator coils are garbage -- problems with motors and reversing valves. Now we have lost customers and been threatened with lawsuits. Rudd will not help with labor on these repairs and when customers call Rudd they blame it on the contractor or something in the air. These units are crap

Date created: 2012-09-19 Name: David Ladurini
Location: Defuniak Springs, Fl 32433

"Ruud failures"
Put 2 ruud ac units in our new home January 17, 2011. In March 2012 both systems were low on freon. Had them serviced. June both units went out on the same day. The evaporators had major leaks. Ruud did replace the evaporators but would not help on the labor. The labor was over $2000.00 which included dye testing. The repair service told me to expect to replace the evaporators every year... No more ruud or Rheem ac for me.

Date created: 2012-08-19 Name: J Song
Location: Plano, TX

"Dead two days after new installation"
My new Rudd r410a was installed on Friday, on Sunday noon it is dead, and my contractor seems not working on Sunday, can't reach him. And Rudd no central customer support for air conditioners, very unsatisfied.

Date created: 2012-08-16 Name: Doug
Location: Long Island NY

"DOESN'T HONOR WARRANTY"
Bought my unit less than 2 years ago. Can't find a service person to work on my unit even after going on ruud website. I guess bc they didnt install my unit they wont do my warranty work and my contractor is no longer available. I was able to diagnose the problem myself but ruud wont send me the part or make it available to me even though it is only the fan motor on the air handler (a very simple repair that requires no special skills or tools). It took 4 days for the rep from ruud to reply to my email which is the only way to contact ruud since their website has no phone number. He informed me they dont deal with homeowners and all he could offer me was for me to call the contractors on their website. When I explained to him that no one from their website returned my calls his reply was that was the only assistance he could offer me and hung up the phone. I guess now I am going to have to bring them to court to get my part.

Date created: 2012-07-30 Name: P Jeffries
Location: lafayette La

"Running strong"
Swapped out single hvac unit for a "new 610a" Dual ruud units with heating coil, live in Louisana and wanted cool zone if / when Ac goes out. House is old and the unit have not missed a beat in 3 years. they are both high effiecny top of the line Ruud units, one 4ton, the other 3ton..

Date created: 2012-06-27 Name: Bill B.
Location: Tucson, AZ

"Don't buy Ruud"
3 ton 14 seer AC/natural gas furnace installed June 2010. ac went out June 2012. Parts still under warranty but waited 6 days and paid $1333.00 labor costs. I was confident that I had bought top of the line. Now I am only confident that it will go out again. When it does, I will never again buy Ruud. Read the other reviews here. Note that most negative reviews are on newer models and draw your own conclusions.

Date created: 2012-06-27 Name: TonyB
Location: New Orleans,La.

"3 years now broken"
I bought the whole package, now 3 years later it's broke. The man coming tomorrow to see whats wrong. The other reviews are bad. I will update my review.