Consumer Reviews of RUUD central air conditioners

Read more about RUUD central air conditioners

Date created: 2017-09-25 Name: James Tarbet
Location: Brantford Ontario, Canada

"coil issue"
After 2 years of use the coil is leaking and the service rep said he has replaced many coils. They have changed from copper lined to aluminum lined for the replacements. The same thing happened to my mother's unit bought at the same time but only used for a month. They obviously have issues with the coils and should have a recall. We have been waiting since the end of July for the unit to be serviced and new coil installed and are still waiting for delivery of a new coil.

Date created: 2017-09-20 Name: Guy Ackerman
Location: Charleston, SC

"Rudd issues"
Total mistake going with Rudd. Spent 12,000 on 2 units in 2012. Both have failed. Corroded coils on both. $1000.00 in labor charges, per system, to replace coils on each. 2Nd still isn't working. Creating so much humidity the ducts are full of mold. Wife, myself, and 2 kids have been sickly for 12 months now. All in all, my worse nightmare. Do not buy Rudd!
Date created: 2017-08-07 Name: Steven Moore
Location: Port Charlotte, FL

"Piece of crap"
Condenser condenser unit rusting after 1 1/2 years. Had to replace fan motor (rusted and burnt the coil out ). Still under warranty but Rudd service rep wanted $ 450. To install it. Rudd won't send me the warranted motor will only send to a service rep. Can't get a sales rep out to look at the rusting. Compressor is rusting and will probably be the next thing to go. How can a unit that is rated for outside use rust to a point of deterioration that the motor falls apart. Buyer beware don't buy Rudd or Rheem same company. Units are no good and company won't come and look at it.
Date created: 2017-07-21 Name: annette laxen
Location: Minnesota

"Don't buy this one"
Worthless piece of crap I had to buy a window air conditioner to keep cool.
Date created: 2017-07-17 Name: Debra
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

"Garbage"
My 3 year old unit had to have the coil replaced. Four pounds of Freon to the tune of $300 leaked out through the defective solder around the coils. Then my copper coil was replaced with an aluminum coil. Piece of garbage. There has to be a better made unit.
Date created: 2017-06-26 Name: Cindy
Location: Los Angeles, CA

"PIECE OF GARBAE"
I couldn't even register this when it was installed in 2012. Now, it's broken after only 5 years. I don't even know if it's under warranty. Doubt it. Flushed $4500 down the drain. Awaiting repairman's call.
Date created: 2017-06-26 Name: Donald
Location: Arizona

"Never again"
Paid $6000 for our Ruud 3 years ago, was just told it needs a new coil, which has to be ordered and then we have to pay for all labor and Freon. Seriously, this is Ruud having defective products and we the consumer has to pay for their horrible workmanship. How in the hell is this fair? Never, will we own a Ruud again and we will share Ruuds faulty workmanship with everyone we know!!
Date created: 2017-06-18 Name: joe w

Window unit cooled my 1st floor better than the 11,000 dollar piece of junk.
Date created: 2017-05-16 Name: T Everitt
Location: Mississippi

"Do not buy RUUD"
I bought unit in 2010, have had to replace the coil twice. Rudd furnished the coil but they kept sending the defective coil until my warranty expired, now I will have to replace the coil at my expense. If I have to buy a Rudd coil I will replace the unit. This company will not get anymore of my money.
Date created: 2017-04-15 Name: Mark
Location: St. Louis, MO

This company promoted dated equipment that was not engineered to handle the higher pressures that modern coolant requires. Can you say leak! My contractor has been bending over backwards to help me and a large number of other customers that suffered the installation of this under spec a coil. The connections of the coil are not qualified to handle the updated pressures and ruud knew this while pushing them out the door as fast as they could. I am now told that I the customer will have to pick up the tab on changing out to updated equipment as ruud refuses to cover the costs of an intentional deception. If you are going to drop 6 to 10 grand on an ac system look very hard at the name brand you are buying.