Consumer Reviews of RUUD central air conditioners

Read more about RUUD central air conditioners

Date created: 2015-07-31 Name: Chris
Location: St. Louis county, MO

"Coil went bad second season of use"
Purchased a Ruud air conditioner and heating unit and had it professionally installed. Keep it clean, have regular professional cleanings/check ups. The coil blew the second year! Middle of June in St. Louis, heat 90+, humidity, etc. The part was under warranty, however, Ruud took over 3 weeks to deliver the part! I called Ruud to find out the hold up and got the run around. Basically boiled down to them wanting to save on shipping. The part was professionally installed, now two years later, it's not cooling again! We just had a tune up/check in April. Hating this product and the service or lack of that comes with it. Don't buy!

Date created: 2015-06-21 Name: KMW
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Rubbish"
Installed 31 days ago. The AC fan does not turn on, guess what? It's just out of the 30-day warranty offered by the installer, so the repair is out of my pocket! I regret buying this product and I urge you to be very cautious.

Date created: 2014-10-04 Name: Steve Auglen
Location: Bridgewater, NJ

"17 years and going strong"
Our Ruud a/c units are original to our home, built in 1996. They have always been well-maintained, with yearly condenser cleaning. Contactors were replaced two years ago and last month the downstairs unit started freezing up. It took 2 lbs of Freon. The tech replaced suspected leaky schrader valves. Otherwise, they have been problem free. Our block consists of eight homes, all built in 1996. That's 16 a/c units in total, and only two have been replaced. My neighbor on the right had an evaporator leak and decided to replace his system last year. My other neighbor just replaced his unit, which apparently stopped cooling to do a restriction in the condenser. So I figure that after 17 years and two relatively minor repairs, this air-conditioner owes me nothing.

Date created: 2014-08-19 Name: Research contractors
Location: U.S of A

"Air Conditioners are only as good as installers"
Air Conditioners are only as good as the installers no matter what brand. The A/C industry needs more qualified mechanics not part changers and equipment blamers.

Date created: 2014-08-18 Name: C. ROBERTS
Location: GA

"COMPLAINT"
My unit is not quite two years old and we have complained about the ac unit problems at least several times about the coils and leaking antifreeze. Please do not buy!!!!!

Date created: 2014-08-03 Name: Abraham montes
Location: Charleston

"Never showed up"
First time I call, the person told me "what you want me to do" and then said call the next day because he didn't have time. Second call they never showed so they reschedule another date and last call they call to tell me they came when I was not at home and specifically told them a available time. Worst services, worst attitude, I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Date created: 2014-07-02 Name: R Mitchell
Location: NJ

"Don't buy a Ruud"
Have a 4 year old Ruud 4 ton unit. The txv failed and sent debris throughout the system. Ruud customer service is less than useless and says it must be the installer's negligence.

Date created: 2014-06-12 Name: J Hines
Location: Houston Texas

"I bought junk"
Had our system replaced the end of March, it has been down more than has worked. I will never buy another Ruud. It's in the 90's today - I wish the ac worked.

Date created: 2014-04-16 Name: K Pulliam
Location: Southern MD

"Old Ruud Still Working"
We purchased a house a couple years ago with a straight a/c Ruud outdoor unit. Although its just an a/c unit (only runs half of the year) the unit was built in 1983 and it's ran without issue since we've been here. Even being a 9 seer unit in a 2400 sq/ft house built in 1978 (insulation is sparse) the unit still easily keeps up with demand. I've talked to several other installers and most all the big name brands all use the same compressors. Probably going to replace it soon with a heat pump (keep from using so much fuel oil), but I'm definitely going back with Ruud.

Date created: 2014-01-26 Name: ddevereaux
Location: Northeast Florida

"Extremely happy with RUDD .... Installed in 1988 still goes strong!"
We have a condo with the rudd furnace / air conditioner, Apparently it was installed in 1988, It still runs great! It may (or may not) be top of the line but it has always performed great for us. Sad to say we are looking into a new system, good to know we can still count on Ruud products!!