Consumer Reviews of RUUD central air conditioners

Read more about RUUD central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-07-02 Name: Andrew Halucha
Location: Manchester, NJ

"2 Ton 14 SEER Achiever"
This unit works great, is quiet and cools quickly. Reading some of the other reviews it sounds like people are having installation problems. If the unit freezes up on you that is typically an incorrect "charge". If the house is cooled unevenly that is a duct work problem - the flow isn't balanced properly or the vents aren't large enough. Mine is doing the main floor and basement and works great, cools quickly, and much cheaper than running 3 window units (12k, 8k, and 6k). It is also very quiet!

Date created: 2008-07-01 Name: Andrew Devery
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Ruud A/C"
Our units ( dual zone) are 13 years old this summer and have performed flawlessly. Only maintenance has been the changing of filters and occasionally cleaning the condensers. The scroll compressors just keep plugging along day and night without any problems. The Achiever 10 models installed in our home were basic contractor models and I didnít have high expectations but they have proved trouble-free and cool well.

Date created: 2008-06-14 Name: J. Berg
Location: Ladson, SC

"Excellent"
I have owned this central heat and air for over 14 years with no trouble. A/C with Gas furnace.

Date created: 2008-06-11 Name: Unhappy Customer

"Not impressed"
This thing never has worked right. Between freezing up, blowing fuses, getting all clogged and basically not being able to keep up, I will never buy this brand again. I kept thinking that maybe the next service call it would work right. And it would, for like a month. Then something else. I didn't want to just replace it because it was new with the house but I have had it.

Date created: 2008-06-08 Name: M. Gamma
Location: Mesa, AZ

"Improper installation"
The two unsatisfied reviews I read had nothing to do with the units. I have installed over 4000 Ruud systems. 99% of the time there is a problem with a system it can be traced back to an installation error. You should use factory recognized contractors no matter which brand you choose.

Date created: 2008-05-05 Name: Dave C.
Location: Palm Springs, CA

This is the best system for the investment. We used Goodman in the past, but you get what you pay for. It never cooled properly, and needed major repairs right after the 5 year warranty expired. Ruud was rated by consumer reports in 2001 as 1 step better than Trane, so we bought one. It is wonderful! And the efficiency matches its go green paint job.

Date created: 2008-04-28 Name: Dave C
Location: AZ

Never had a problem with it. I am amazed at how reliable they are (2 units). I live in AZ and they get used constantly. Great product.... so far. 12 years is exceptional for this area.

Date created: 2008-04-23 Name: Christine Matherne

I bought this house in 2007 previous owner had purchaced air/ heat unit in June 2006. I had to have the motor power head changed on the blower 4/18/08. Costly as they payed parts only. They will only warranty till the 4/28/2008 cause I haven't got the warranty papers but the unit states it is a 2004. Only 3 years old no more warranty work will be done. It suppose to be a five year warranty on this part. 10 year on outside unit.

Date created: 2008-03-27 Name: christine lorber
Location: Hollywood, Florida

Warning We bought a new energy efficient ruud to replace our old air conditioner. It is 9 months old and it has required service 4 times and is currently not working. After several months it froze up, and then leaked through the floor and has ruined our dining room ceiling which now has brown waterspots. Plus the carpet is ruined. So now I keep a plastic bin under it to catch the water. I would never buy another Ruud. You expect new equipment to be reliable.

Date created: 2007-09-10 Name: Matthew Meizis
Location: Downers Grove, Il

Rock solid. Never had a call