Consumer Reviews of RUUD central air conditioners

Read more about RUUD central air conditioners

Date created: 2008-05-05 Name: Dave C.
Location: Palm Springs, CA

This is the best system for the investment. We used Goodman in the past, but you get what you pay for. It never cooled properly, and needed major repairs right after the 5 year warranty expired. Ruud was rated by consumer reports in 2001 as 1 step better than Trane, so we bought one. It is wonderful! And the efficiency matches its go green paint job.

Date created: 2008-04-28 Name: Dave C
Location: AZ

Never had a problem with it. I am amazed at how reliable they are (2 units). I live in AZ and they get used constantly. Great product.... so far. 12 years is exceptional for this area.

Date created: 2008-04-23 Name: Christine Matherne

I bought this house in 2007 previous owner had purchaced air/ heat unit in June 2006. I had to have the motor power head changed on the blower 4/18/08. Costly as they payed parts only. They will only warranty till the 4/28/2008 cause I haven't got the warranty papers but the unit states it is a 2004. Only 3 years old no more warranty work will be done. It suppose to be a five year warranty on this part. 10 year on outside unit.

Date created: 2008-03-27 Name: christine lorber
Location: Hollywood, Florida

Warning We bought a new energy efficient ruud to replace our old air conditioner. It is 9 months old and it has required service 4 times and is currently not working. After several months it froze up, and then leaked through the floor and has ruined our dining room ceiling which now has brown waterspots. Plus the carpet is ruined. So now I keep a plastic bin under it to catch the water. I would never buy another Ruud. You expect new equipment to be reliable.

Date created: 2007-09-10 Name: Matthew Meizis
Location: Downers Grove, Il

Rock solid. Never had a call

Date created: 2007-08-09 Name: jackie blanchard
Location: Webster, Texas 77598

3 yrs. and it has not cooled properly from Day 1 installation which I have continued to complain. The evaporative coils were replaced first few days, but still continues to only cool half of my one story 1550 sq. ft. home!! Bedrooms are cool, but den, kitchen, dining room are 84 degrees. Contractor has been out several times and cannot seem to determine the problem. New ductwork was installed when air conditioner was initially installed. Still have air conditioner and contractor continues to try to find problem!!!!!!!

Date created: 2006-06-07

RUUD IS A QUALITY COMPANY WHO DELEVERS THEIR PRODUCTS AROUND THE GLOBE I WOULD RATE RUUD AS OF OF THE TOP 10 HVAC MANUFACTURES IN THE U.S.A.