Consumer Reviews of RUUD central air conditioners

Read more about RUUD central air conditioners

Date created: 2018-06-27 Name: JG
Location: Florida

"Rudd gatbage"
The first year Freon leaked out and All they did was refill. Less then a year later it leaked again and The coil/evaporated had to be replaced due to leak again. It should have been replaces the first year as now labor was not covered after first year. Now at three years the the compressor is bad and Labor again is not covered but warranty covers the Part. My last house had a carrier for 10 years and never had any problems. So pretty much the whole system other than the air handles has been replaced in this. Anything done to it. Bad

Date created: 2018-06-24 Name: WILLIAM DIANA
Location: Norristown, PA

"UNRELIABLE LEAKY UNIT"
Home a/c unit model number vanl 049jaz, serial number 784 2w100902531. We live in a gated community, about 8 years old. 4 of my close neighbors all the Ruud units leak coolant. The leaks started small then became overwhelming. Ruud refused to do anything about my unit, because it passed warranty date. The coils in all of the units appear to have leaks. Currently my unit required 5 pounds of fluid just to start up and then 2 months later 5 # more just to operate. The fan and compressor are noisy and appear to be failing as well. Don't buy a Ruud system!
Date created: 2018-06-15 Name: SCOTTY COTTRELL
Location: Tennessee

"JUNK"
Purchase a new Rudd ac and heat pump after 6 months starting having all kinds of problem parts after parts over and over told the company replace the unit and they did now after 4 months same issues call the company again have not received any response. this two units that has been installed makes such a loud nose you can wake the neighborhood up junk junk junk.
Date created: 2018-05-30 Name: MSmith
Location: Nashville, TN

"Ruud = JUNK"
Unit less than 5 years old, have replaced nearly everything at least once. Cheap Mexican parts. Garbage units. Do not buy. Buy Trane or American Standard. Will never buy a Ruud again and will tell people to avoid the rest of my life.
Date created: 2017-12-21 Name: Glen
Location: Cocoa, Florida

"Evaporator coil leak"
05/07/13 New 2 ton 13 seer Air Handler and Condensing Unit installed by authorized Rudd Dealer. 11/25/16 Leak in evaporator coil found. 12/13/16 Coil replaced under warranty. Paid $667.00 in labor & misc. fees to have it installed. 12/18/16 Leak in evaporator coil found again. Coil under warranty. $685.00 for labor to replace.
Date created: 2017-12-13 Name: Phyllis
Location: Florida

"Beyond disappointed"
15 months later I need to have a part fixed that with labor (labor intensive I am told) will cost me $750.00 to repair...its 15 months old. I upgraded to a new system to replace an older working fine unit. My mistake to purchase this one.
Date created: 2017-12-12 Name: B.Fontana
Location: Fort Myers, FL

"Ruud AC Garbage"
Just like everyone else my coil was leaking after a 1 1/2 years, In fact it never worked right from the start. My AC guy did replace and did not charge me for any labor. Did not realize it was made in Mexico, that says it all. This Product is Carp and should not sold in the us. I hope I can get a few years out of this system before I have to replace. Spent $4300 on the system and will go with Carrier or Trane. Do not Buy Ruud or Reheem, same Company,
Date created: 2017-11-13 Name: jdawson
Location: Charleston, SC

We purchased a ruud 3.5 ton ac in 2013.coils have been replaced outside control board has been replaced.now the outside txv valve is bad.system isn't even 5 yrs old.2000 Grand in freon. 3000 plus worth of repairs.emailed Ruud no reply. Absolutely disgusted with Ruud. Do not buy. I am currently getting ready to put a new system in Ruud simply doesn't work absolutely worst purchase of my life.
Date created: 2017-10-19 Name: Mike Jessie

"HORRIBLE!!!"
This unit is two weeks old and has basically stopped working!!! I paid $3,550 for the unit. The contractor who installed the unit does not return phone calls. His name is Cole's Cooling and Heating, LLC (Aaron Cole). His address is: 16139 e. Edinburgh Dr., Loxahatchee, FL 33470. His phone number is 561.644.0454. I have already contacted an attorney and will be launching a lawsuit against this contractor. I understand he already has many law suits outstanding against him. Why the hell does this company (RUUD and REEM) get people like them to install their products. They should definitely pull this guy off the list and not allow him to buy the products.
Date created: 2017-10-12 Name: Mike