Consumer Reviews of RUUD central air conditioners

Read more about RUUD central air conditioners

Date created: 2017-10-12 Name: Mike
Location: Jackson, MO

"Rudd crap"
8 out of 8 units bad. Never use a Rudd. 👎

Date created: 2017-09-27 Name: Dennis Embry
Location: Tucson, AZ

"We are now on our 3rd Coil"
We liked how much quieter the machine was. We had a Ruud previous (older model) that was flawless but old. We got the new one. Our wonderful contractor has had to replace the aluminum coil three times. It took nearly two months to get the replacement. Our contractor says this a huge problem, and they are not selling them anymore because it hurts their reputation. I think there is grounds for class action lawsuit, and for environmental complaints. We are so frustrated that we had to keep having refrigerant replaced ever few days in Arizona.

Date created: 2017-09-25 Name: James Tarbet
Location: Brantford Ontario, Canada

"coil issue"
After 2 years of use the coil is leaking and the service rep said he has replaced many coils. They have changed from copper lined to aluminum lined for the replacements. The same thing happened to my mother's unit bought at the same time but only used for a month. They obviously have issues with the coils and should have a recall. We have been waiting since the end of July for the unit to be serviced and new coil installed and are still waiting for delivery of a new coil.

Date created: 2017-09-20 Name: Guy Ackerman
Location: Charleston, SC

"Rudd issues"
Total mistake going with Rudd. Spent 12,000 on 2 units in 2012. Both have failed. Corroded coils on both. $1000.00 in labor charges, per system, to replace coils on each. 2Nd still isn't working. Creating so much humidity the ducts are full of mold. Wife, myself, and 2 kids have been sickly for 12 months now. All in all, my worse nightmare. Do not buy Rudd!

Date created: 2017-08-07 Name: Steven Moore
Location: Port Charlotte, FL

"Piece of crap"
Condenser condenser unit rusting after 1 1/2 years. Had to replace fan motor (rusted and burnt the coil out ). Still under warranty but Rudd service rep wanted $ 450. To install it. Rudd won't send me the warranted motor will only send to a service rep. Can't get a sales rep out to look at the rusting. Compressor is rusting and will probably be the next thing to go. How can a unit that is rated for outside use rust to a point of deterioration that the motor falls apart. Buyer beware don't buy Rudd or Rheem same company. Units are no good and company won't come and look at it.

Date created: 2017-07-21 Name: annette laxen
Location: Minnesota

"Don't buy this one"
Worthless piece of crap I had to buy a window air conditioner to keep cool.

Date created: 2017-07-17 Name: Debra
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

"Garbage"
My 3 year old unit had to have the coil replaced. Four pounds of Freon to the tune of $300 leaked out through the defective solder around the coils. Then my copper coil was replaced with an aluminum coil. Piece of garbage. There has to be a better made unit.

Date created: 2017-06-26 Name: Cindy
Location: Los Angeles, CA

"PIECE OF GARBAE"
I couldn't even register this when it was installed in 2012. Now, it's broken after only 5 years. I don't even know if it's under warranty. Doubt it. Flushed $4500 down the drain. Awaiting repairman's call.

Date created: 2017-06-26 Name: Donald
Location: Arizona

"Never again"
Paid $6000 for our Ruud 3 years ago, was just told it needs a new coil, which has to be ordered and then we have to pay for all labor and Freon. Seriously, this is Ruud having defective products and we the consumer has to pay for their horrible workmanship. How in the hell is this fair? Never, will we own a Ruud again and we will share Ruuds faulty workmanship with everyone we know!!

Date created: 2017-06-18 Name: joe w

Window unit cooled my 1st floor better than the 11,000 dollar piece of junk.