Consumer Reviews of RUUD central air conditioners

Read more about RUUD central air conditioners

Date created: 2017-12-13 Name: Phyllis
Location: Florida

"Beyond disappointed"
15 months later I need to have a part fixed that with labor (labor intensive I am told) will cost me $750.00 to repair...its 15 months old. I upgraded to a new system to replace an older working fine unit. My mistake to purchase this one.

Date created: 2017-12-12 Name: B.Fontana
Location: Ft Myers, FL.

"Ruud AC Garbage"
Just like everyone else my coil was leaking after a 1 1/2 years, In fact it never worked right from the start. My ac Guy did replace and did not charge me for any labor. Did not realize it was made in Mexico, that says it all. This Product is Carp and should not sold in the us. I hope I can get a few years out of this system before I have to replace. Spent $4300 on the system and will go with Carrier or Trane. Do not Buy Ruud or Reheem, same Company,

Date created: 2017-11-13 Name: jdawson
Location: Charleston, SC

We purchased a ruud 3.5 ton ac in 2013.coils have been replaced outside control board has been replaced.now the outside txv valve is bad.system isn't even 5 yrs old.2000 Grand in freon. 3000 plus worth of repairs.emailed Ruud no reply. Absolutely disgusted with Ruud. Do not buy. I am currently getting ready to put a new system in Ruud simply doesn't work absolutely worst purchase of my life.

Date created: 2017-10-19 Name: Mike Jessie

"HORRIBLE!!!"
This unit is two weeks old and has basically stopped working!!! I paid $3,550 for the unit. The contractor who installed the unit does not return phone calls. His name is Cole's Cooling and Heating, LLC (Aaron Cole). His address is: 16139 e. Edinburgh Dr., Loxahatchee, FL 33470. His phone number is 561.644.0454. I have already contacted an attorney and will be launching a lawsuit against this contractor. I understand he already has many law suits outstanding against him. Why the hell does this company (RUUD and REEM) get people like them to install their products. They should definitely pull this guy off the list and not allow him to buy the products.

Date created: 2017-10-12 Name: Mike
Location: Jackson, MO

"Rudd crap"
8 out of 8 units bad. Never use a Rudd. 👎

Date created: 2017-09-27 Name: Dennis Embry
Location: Tucson, AZ

"We are now on our 3rd Coil"
We liked how much quieter the machine was. We had a Ruud previous (older model) that was flawless but old. We got the new one. Our wonderful contractor has had to replace the aluminum coil three times. It took nearly two months to get the replacement. Our contractor says this a huge problem, and they are not selling them anymore because it hurts their reputation. I think there is grounds for class action lawsuit, and for environmental complaints. We are so frustrated that we had to keep having refrigerant replaced ever few days in Arizona.

Date created: 2017-09-25 Name: James Tarbet
Location: Brantford Ontario, Canada

"coil issue"
After 2 years of use the coil is leaking and the service rep said he has replaced many coils. They have changed from copper lined to aluminum lined for the replacements. The same thing happened to my mother's unit bought at the same time but only used for a month. They obviously have issues with the coils and should have a recall. We have been waiting since the end of July for the unit to be serviced and new coil installed and are still waiting for delivery of a new coil.

Date created: 2017-09-20 Name: Guy Ackerman
Location: Charleston, SC

"Rudd issues"
Total mistake going with Rudd. Spent 12,000 on 2 units in 2012. Both have failed. Corroded coils on both. $1000.00 in labor charges, per system, to replace coils on each. 2Nd still isn't working. Creating so much humidity the ducts are full of mold. Wife, myself, and 2 kids have been sickly for 12 months now. All in all, my worse nightmare. Do not buy Rudd!

Date created: 2017-08-07 Name: Steven Moore
Location: Port Charlotte, FL

"Piece of crap"
Condenser condenser unit rusting after 1 1/2 years. Had to replace fan motor (rusted and burnt the coil out ). Still under warranty but Rudd service rep wanted $ 450. To install it. Rudd won't send me the warranted motor will only send to a service rep. Can't get a sales rep out to look at the rusting. Compressor is rusting and will probably be the next thing to go. How can a unit that is rated for outside use rust to a point of deterioration that the motor falls apart. Buyer beware don't buy Rudd or Rheem same company. Units are no good and company won't come and look at it.

Date created: 2017-07-21 Name: annette laxen
Location: Minnesota

"Don't buy this one"
Worthless piece of crap I had to buy a window air conditioner to keep cool.