Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-02-21 Name: Donald A. Martin Sr.
Location: Orlando,Florida

"They Did The Right Thing"
I bought a new Rheem system from a local Authorized Dealer 3 years ago. Had a few problems (4)with-in that 3years that cost me money every time for the service calls. The problem was always with the units freon too much not enough etc. Back and forth! Finally got a guy Rob @Global cooling that knew what he was doing and found what he believes was a Factory defect in the Coils causing the problem. Contacted Rheem and not only did they replace the Coil under warranty, but after a little talking to them,"They Did The Right thing" and also paid into the service call fees that I had to pay. Thank You Rheem!

Date created: 2012-12-22 Name: beatty
Location: south florida

"The worst"
I had 2 units installed in march 2012. The one has never worked right. Freon leaked constantly and they can't find the leak. Thousands of dollars in repair and still no a/C. The second unit will not heat. Only cool air, no heat. Out thousands of dollars and no a/c or heat!!!!

Date created: 2012-11-29 Name: R.Buss
Location: Fogelsville, Pa

"Heat pump A/C whole house units"
I had two heat pump a/c units installed 8/2009. Both units failed this year 2012 due to leakage. Sure the units were warranteed, but the heafty $1200 labor wasn't. Correspondence to Rheem (both customer service and their President) for assistance to recover some of the labor cost went unanswered. Poor quality, poor company, do not even consider them!

Date created: 2012-11-04 Name: Steven Nicholson
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

"3.5 ton ac compressor failed"
Sure thought Rheem was top quality. 2 years after purchase tech said you know we no longer install Rheem because of many failures. Chilling news. Then in 6th yr of 7 yr warranty the compressor failed. Labor to replace is big aggravation not to mention the down time!

Date created: 2012-10-26 Name: John
Location: Dewey,AZ

"RGPS-C7NAMGR"
After only one summer I was told that my compressor over amped at start-up. I Paid a lot of money for a split system unit because I was told how long they would last. I Was also informed that this happens quite often and could be prevented by adding a part at manufacturing. Now it needs a kick start that cost over $200. I am very disappointed. And will not recommend a Rheem to anyone.

Date created: 2012-10-03 Name: J. Rank
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

"Disappointed"
Our package unit heat pump ran great for 2 years: cool summers and warm winters with good savings on the electric bill. Now the x-13 evaporator motor has died and will cost $800 to replace. All the energy savings will not pay for this repair not to mention the inconvenience of south Florida heat. Tech blogs warn of endless repair issues with this company's products and other reviewers seem to mostly agree. So, buyers beware.

Date created: 2012-09-05 Name: Jim Dennison
Location: Jackson, TN

"Going strong"
It is 35 years old and still going strong!

Date created: 2012-08-15 Name: Russ Lemelin
Location: florida

"Rheem a/c issue"
Rheem 5 ton rhll model Had unit installed and less than 2 year after installation the evaporator coils had multiple leaks. Had two companies come out to evaluate the unit and both told me this was a common problem with the Rheem units. Both said the coil was under warranty however the labor was not. $915 of labor and freon later I did some reseach online and have found that this is a common problem and that technicians are not happy that they are replacing so many of them under warranty and customers are upset. I contacted Rheem and was summarily dismissed as this not being a problem. Do your research so that you do not end up with my problem by purchasing a problem unit (Rheem).

Date created: 2012-08-02 Name: HOT in the South
Location: Daphne, AL

"I hate it!"
Home built in summer of 2010, I purchased home March 2011. July 2012 my a/c stopped cooling, the tech. told me it was out of freon. He filled it up $140.00, within a week it had all leaked out and was not cooling again. So another company comes out and says it is the coil, the original installers did not leave vacuum on long enough?????? $300.00 and warranty covered for the part only. Not sure?? It cooled for another two weeks after that, but now I am having problems regularly it is still not cooling my very small home. Would never recommend a Rheem. Many of my neighbors have had similiar issues with their Rheem.

Date created: 2012-07-28 Name: Michael bunn
Location: Skiatook ok

"Rheem central air units"
I had to replace the condenser fan motor every year an a half. Found out it was made in china, so I took one apart. I found cheap plastic parts that wear out causing problems. Yes, I would like to be reimbursed for three mirrors. I invested around $900 in service repairs when a mirror should last about five years before needing replaced.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>