Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2014-05-10 Name: Papa Herf
Location: ATL, GA

"Rheem = ream"
Paid $6000 for unit 3 years ago; just had to fork out $254 to find the leak. The leak was the coil that Rheem is being sued over.... And now it's gonna cost another $894 for the labor to replace it. Still working on getting them to honor the 5 year warranty. I bought mine through Home Depot... If they mention any kind of Rheem product tell them hell no... I am in contact now with HD to get them to drop Rheem or their installers to quit using them.

Date created: 2014-04-27 Name: A. Lathrop
Location: Killeen, Texas

"AC Broken"
Bought a new house in March 2012 used my ac unit for one summer and now this summer it does not want to work. In addition, my warranty was only two years for the ac unit. Now I have to figure out what to do. I do know the unit outside is a Rheem and it is not working, so I probably have to spend money to get it fixed or just get rid of it.

Date created: 2014-02-20 Name: T. Hill
Location: Tennessee

"Rheem central air/heating units defective"
I have two Rheem central heat and air units for my house. Within the first three years, these units have broken down five times. Although Rheem has covered the parts under warranty, I have had to spend almost $4,000 in labor and refrigerant for these defective units. Very disappointed in Rheem products.

Date created: 2014-02-07 Name: Ranger

"Very poor performance"
I was talked into buying this pos by the a/c installation company. It is creating a gold mine for the a/c company. They can milk the consumer for service charges. I ended up paying $70 for replacing the fuse and then it failed within two days. Now they are suspecting the circuit issue. From my own experience, I strongly advise everyone not to install Rheem central air conditioner.

Date created: 2013-12-27 Name: M Weaver
Location: [email protected]

"Really bad. Always broken."
This has been a non stop nightmare. There is literally no way to change the filter. Fortunately, this is usually unnecessary as the unit is broken so often it's pointless. I bought a fire pit and set it up in the living room. The house is warmer than it's ever been; I just have to keep the windows cracked. Run away from this company.

Date created: 2013-12-10 Name: Mike K
Location: Cape Coral Fla.

"Watch the Warranty / Everything Excluded"
Parts just corroded away in 3 years, unit required $400.00 worth of repairs. Rheam slimed their way out of covering the warranty, said it was environmental . Now I have a unit that needs $400.00 of repair work every 3 years

Date created: 2013-12-01 Name: Ron Keselowski
Location: [email protected]

"Worthy Expense"
I figured American Standard would be here in the winter trying to slip in a bad review. Well it didn't work. I've installed these for years. A very good buy.

Date created: 2013-11-16 Name: A. Disani
Location: Boca Raton, FL

"Big Problems - Stay Away"
Had the air conditioner under 2 years. The air conditioner froze up. Needed a new coil. A month before that, the lines were clogged. After owning the AC for only 6 months, it began to leak.

Date created: 2013-10-17 Name: m.vicens
Location: miami, fla

"If You Try to Send Some Type of Comment"
If you try to send some type of comment to Rheem, it is impossible. If you call on the phone which by the way they don't have a 1-800 number, you have to pay the long distance call. They don't even care and are very rude. I purchased my units September 2011. Now September 2013, the coil had to be replace and it was expensive labor. Never again buy or recommend Rheem.

Date created: 2013-10-09 Name: Tim
Location: Odessa Tx

"Never Again"
Had a new system installed in 2008. Worked great for 5 years and 3 months. It quit cooling because 2 copper tubes in compressor area rubbed together and made a hole, freon leaked out, $700.00. The next month, same thing, stopped cooling, no freon. The "a" coils had numerous holes and leaked the freon. Had to replace the coils, $1400. Warranty expired in June. Serviceman said Rheem has lots of coil failures. What's the deal? Had other brand units in the past run over 20 years, no problems and were running fine when I sold the houses.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>