Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-11-16 Name: A. Disani
Location: Boca Raton, FL

"Big Problems - Stay Away"
Had the air conditioner under 2 years. The air conditioner froze up. Needed a new coil. A month before that, the lines were clogged. After owning the AC for only 6 months, it began to leak.

Date created: 2013-10-17 Name: m.vicens
Location: miami, fla

"If You Try to Send Some Type of Comment"
If you try to send some type of comment to Rheem, it is impossible. If you call on the phone which by the way they don't have a 1-800 number, you have to pay the long distance call. They don't even care and are very rude. I purchased my units September 2011. Now September 2013, the coil had to be replace and it was expensive labor. Never again buy or recommend Rheem.

Date created: 2013-10-09 Name: Tim
Location: Odessa Tx

"Never Again"
Had a new system installed in 2008. Worked great for 5 years and 3 months. It quit cooling because 2 copper tubes in compressor area rubbed together and made a hole, freon leaked out, $700.00. The next month, same thing, stopped cooling, no freon. The "a" coils had numerous holes and leaked the freon. Had to replace the coils, $1400. Warranty expired in June. Serviceman said Rheem has lots of coil failures. What's the deal? Had other brand units in the past run over 20 years, no problems and were running fine when I sold the houses.

Date created: 2013-10-09 Name: John Ristaino
Location: Key Largo, Fl

"3 Years and 4 Coils So Far"
I have two newer, higher end (seer 16) Rheem AC units that I bought barely 3 years ago. To date, I have had 6 failures, 3 in each unit. Three condenser coils, 1 evaporator coil, 1 control card, and one fan motor for air handler. The first failures occurred in the first year, and then in every successive year. These are terrible units. But the customer service that Rheem has offered me, is even worse. To date, they have not offered to help me in any way, other than to pay for what my warranty already pays for, the parts only. I am out of pocket over $7000 in just three years, for labor and other cost. I paid top dollar to have these units (a 5 ton and a 3.5 ton) installed. My experience with Rheem has been very very bad in every way. They just could care less. I intend to bring legal action against this company, as well to the installer. Both blame the other. I have not had one unit last more than a year without a complete shutdown that often involves over a week of waiting for parts (usually condenser coils). Clearly, Rheem has a severe shortage of these parts. Wonder why? Do NOT buy a Rheem.

Date created: 2013-09-10 Name: Matt Hatfield
Location: huntsville, al

"Do Not Buy a Rheem"
Do not buy a Rheem. Had split unit installed 3 years ago. Have already spent over $5000 in repairs. Distributor gave me a new unit 'cause the first one was bad. Now, having all the same expensive problems with new unit. Repairman telling me it's a bad unit as well. Talked to Rheem, they don't care and won't do anything to fix it. Highly recommend never purchasing one and tell anyone thinking about it to get a different brand.

Date created: 2013-09-02 Name: Paul H

"Cools Great"
We installed a Value series 13 seer Rheem AC to supplement our wonderful top of the line heat pump in our main living area. The heat pump could not keep up on 90+ degree days. With the central air conditioner, the house is cold and comfortable even on the hottest of days.

Date created: 2013-07-12 Name: S.Jenny
Location: Bakersfield Ca.

"The Best Ever"
I'm a girl. I'm not gonna jump up and down and tell you how great this is. Check all the major sites that review central A/C and the evidence is there. Great price, quality, and support. Rheem is the best choice. Trane is too expensive. Carrier is nice. It's solid and works in the hottest weather. Very quiet. I'm 72 and have had several others. Sorry guys, girls are smart too. You can't show me one brand that has all positive reviews.

Date created: 2013-07-09 Name: danny A
Location: texas

"Don't Buy"
Unit 15PJL/RHLL purchased unit 10-28-2010. Had to replace coil 7-25-12. Today, 7-09-13 we are told the compressor is bad and needs to be replaced. This unit was purchased new at a cost of over $6,500 and it is junk.

Date created: 2013-07-01 Name: L. Hanson
Location: Santa Clarity, Ca

"Unit Does Not Work. RHEEM Expects Customer to Pay"
This unit was purchased in November 2012. It arrived with no coolant but installer was able to fill it and get it working for a test. As soon as hot weather set in, though, and it actually had to run, it stopped cooling after a couple of days. Contractor repaired it again, but the same thing happened. Now we're going through the heat wave with no air conditioning. Rheem will send replacement parts (a week later) but will not pay any labor or even shipping. This warranty is bogus as the unit never worked and Rheem is not assuming the responsibility. Would strongly recommend never going with Rheem.

Date created: 2013-06-11 Name: M Perino
Location: Illinois

"Ran Great for 27 Years"
I never had to do anything to this unit until it finally quit this year. Put in, in 1985 and literally never had to do anything except keep it clean.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>