Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-04-18 Name: Ana Maria Phillips
Location: Germantown, tn

"Not a good brand"
I have spent more than $1000.00 repairing this unit. I had one GE for 35 years I spent less in repairs. Never buy this brand again.

Date created: 2012-01-23 Name: simone
Location: cooper city, fl

"Piece of junk"
Got it in July 2009. Worked fine for one day. The stupid thermostat keeps saying call for service. Stopped working about 20 times since then in Florida that's unbearable. I had to buy a window unit as a backup for when it breaks.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Location: West Palm Beach, FL

"My Rheem Keeps Me Cool"
I've had my Rheem air conditioner about a year now and it is an upgrade indeed this summer. I live in South Florida and I put an air conditioner through its paces almost all year round! It cools the house efficiently and quickly and despite the fact that it is a larger A/C unit than my last one, it is efficient enough in how it uses energy that I have not seen a large jump in my energy bill.

Date created: 2011-11-27 Location: Gainesville, Fl

"It's an alright unit."
Runs perfectly during the winter months when its responsible for heating the house. There also have been little to no issues with cooling during months of lighter cooling usage, such as May and June. But in the months of July and August, when the temperature often soars to 100 degrees, I feel like the unit struggles to keep up with the cooling needs of our condo. During these times it'll take a bit longer to recognize how hot it is, meaning that for a while we'll be sweating it out while we wait for the unit to kick back on again (we have it set to automatic). Either way it's not that serious a problem, just felt it was worth mentioning. We've never had to make any repairs to it, which is great! I would have no problems recommending this model to a friend.

Date created: 2011-11-12 Name: L. Storm

"Service of ac"
New home with new ac Rheem RHLL-HM4821JA unit and less than 1-1/2 year old cost over $500 for repairs to air handler. Keeping in mind contractors always put the least expensive units into new home construction. I would still expect a longer life span than 1-1/2 years. So a word to the wise, you get what you pay for, so pay a little extra and get a quality product and definitely not a Rheem product.

Date created: 2011-10-23 Name: R. Sterling

"Noisy AC"
This is the noisiest compressor ever! This unit sits outside my bedroom and I have been unable to sleep through the night for months. It wakes me up every time it kicks on because the compressor makes a loud clanging noise. We have been fighting with the dealer for months to replace this unit that is under warranty. My advice is to not buy any rheem product.

Date created: 2011-10-08 Name: homeowner
Location: Midwest

"Do Not Buy Rheem Products Online; Warranty Will Not Apply"
I never owned a Rheem and I have no complaint. I just want to get the word out that before buying any cooling or heating systems/components online including ebay you must read the original warranty from the manufacturer. Many now state in their exceptions if it is bought online the warranty is invalid. Some warranties are available to view online at the manufacturer's websites. Comfortmaker, Rheem and Coleman all have warranties that are null and void if unit bought online.

Date created: 2011-10-06 Name: cindy hess
Location: mckenzie, tn

"BLOWER MOTOR"
Bought a Rheem rqnabo48jk unit when we built our new house. Five year warranty. Well its been 5 years 2 month and had to replace the blower fan motor. $400 for the motor they won't replace it because it was 2 months over the warranty. Sad when its all about the greed in the money we can make on the people. Buy the cheaper materials knowing they won't last and replace the new one in hopes it goes out after another 5 years.

Date created: 2011-09-21 Name: E. Bokenkamp
Location: Birmingham, AL

"3-ton condensing unit"
In 13 years of service I only had to replace two run capacitors, and last year I had to replace a fan motor. The outside unit (compressor) is still running fine, but I needed to replace the entire split system due to a freon leak in the evaporator coil, which is 21 years old. I have no complaints with my Rheem unit and got the service I expected. Receiving good service out of a unit is having it installed initially by a well known, reputable contractor and then having regular maintenance performed.

Date created: 2011-09-12 Name: D. Petrich
Location: Boca Raton, FL

"Worst Unit and Company EVER"
Don't ever purchase a rheem. Have owned this unit and have had problems with it since year one. Do not use All Comfort Air in Boca either. The owner, Larry could care less about your comfort. We've already dumped over $500 in service calls this year $260 in the last 3 months alone. My unit will start to go up in temperature at any point in the given day. At which I have to turn it off for an hour or so and hope that it then cools down. If not, I have to do this all over again. The one time I called Rheem Manufacturer in Atlanta the customer service representative has a totally scripted speech which she kept regurgitating. Then some loud mouth "supervisor" gets on and starts yelling at me. I have a 5 Seer unit and nobody seems to give a darn that this unit has never worked properly. In hindsight, my old Carrier was ugly but never had a problem with it in over 10 years.