Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-04-10 Location: Saint Marys, GA

"Very Pleased with Rheem"
I have owned this unit for approximately four years and have not had any issues whatsoever. It works very efficiently, providing fast cooling of my home with minimal electricity usage. It only takes 15-20 minutes to cool the entire house to a comfortable level even on the hottest of summer days. It runs very quietly with no loud annoying fan noises coming from outside, despite the fact that it is relatively large for my home. It is also very durable in the outdoor environment, with no rust, corrosion, or stains of any sort. I never have issues in the spring when running it for the first time of the year either, and have not noticed any evidence of fluid leaking or anything like that. It starts right up every time without any issues. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for an air conditioning unit for a small- to medium-sized home.

Date created: 2014-10-20 Name: Cynthia Cruz

"It was determined that we have a "lemon", and Rheem will do nothing!"
We have been faithful customers for over 40 years. We have poured bad money after bad money because we are told we have a "lemon" model, but Rheem will do nothing to replace, or even pay partial compensation for, the money we have poured into this product over the years! And even worse, the other model we are told is the best is also a Rheem product, with no guarantee that it won't be another lemon.

Date created: 2014-10-19 Name: Teve Jones
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Skeptics unite"
There are tons of fake reviews here. We`ve installed these and every brand since the 70`s. We have rentals, apartments and mobile homes. We build and sell homes and apartment units. Ask Consumer Reports and every major site about Rheem. We installed eight in a month on tract houses a few years ago. No problems. Our neighbor had a bad contractor install hers. It was nothing but trouble. He went out of business. She sold the house and had a new one installed right. The same thing at her new place.

Date created: 2014-09-22 Name: Randy V.
Location: Kissimmee, FL

"Rheem evaporator leaks after 20 months"
I purchased this system on 11/02/2012. It was the complete system inside and out. Recently it quit working and freezing up. I had One Stop come out and look at it. They stated the evaporator was leaking. I had a second opinion from a different Tech. Same thing - the evaporator leaking. The part is leaking in under two years. From what I have been reading, this is a known issue. If I would have known I would have to replace the evaporator every two years, I would not have bought this product. Parts are under warranty through One Stop for ten years. However, it is the labor at $600 I am looking at reimbursement for. I expected the system to last at least 10 years before performing any work on it. I would like Rheem, a well known company, to cover the complete cost of the repair of replacing the evaporator. This is a known issue and well documented on the internet, with class action suits from several law firms. I am looking at another $3600 in labor repairs over the next 10 years. Rheem never even acknowledged my concerns on their website.

Date created: 2014-09-12 Name: Jean Segelke
Location: Aurora, Co

"Fix or replace"
I purchased a Rheem air conditioner, installed in April of 2014. In June the unit was making an odd noise. I called the installer out and they (Rheem) want to only replace the compressor. I am requesting a replacement unit and it seems to be issue. I have gone the last 2 months without an air conditioner. I would like to think if an appliance was purchased new and it broke in two months, you would want a new one, too.

Date created: 2014-09-08 Name: Tony Scalici
Location: Fl.

"5 coil leaks, worthless units"
Terrible air conditioners. Very good installer, who recommended the new Rheem. Needed three, one 5 ton and two 2 ton. Installed, thought it was made in the United States. Label said 'Made in Mexico' when it arrived. 1 year warranty, 10 year on parts. Have had a leak in all three coils, finally replaced 2 ton coil with new aluminum. Cost for 5 Freon refills, labor for 4 solders and one installation of new coil was over $2,000. Plus, running the air conditioner with low Freon cost $200 more per month. The company will not pay for the original coil's labor repairs. They only replace the coil if the leak is not stopped with solder. Going to sell 2 1/2 year old air conditioners and replace them. With the cost of labor, they are not worth keeping. The installer has dropped the repair fee. However, it's still costly. Go with American made.

Date created: 2014-08-18 Name: Peter Curtis
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida.

"Rheem has failed on me four times in under 5 years."
Remember the unit is still under its five year warranty. Installed in Sept 2009. In 1st year the first fault was a wire that overheated at the crimp on a jumper and burnt open. Call out charge $75. Second fault in year three was lack of Freon. $225 for a top up and that included the Techs call out charge. Third fault at 3 1/2 years was a replacement DC Motor and control board in Air handler. Charge $475. They hold no parts on hand these days. They had to Fed Ex overnight the parts, so I suspect most of that was shipping cost and labor. The fault I have now at just under five years is a bad capacitor / bad compressor, this repair was $900 but I opted to change out the whole outside unit for a new 2014 equivalent model for $1100. My old Carrier AC had just three faults in 14 years, the delay timer then a start capacitor both changed by myself and easily found replacement parts costing under $100. and finally the Expansion housing cracked open. Only then did opt to . change it out for the new Rheem. So now basically I've replaced every moving / electrical component except for the Air handler coils, house piping and cabinet. They tell me my 5 year warranty ends next month and won't be extended even though I have brand new compressor unit and most of the Air handler i just a year or so old. So my RHEEM has been a total disaster of a unit. Wish me luck that I have now got rid of all the LEMON parts and get a true run for my money..

Date created: 2014-08-14 Name: Lucille Vassil
Location: Delray Beach, FL

"Do not buy Rheem"
I purchased my Rheem in 2011. I only had a 2 year labor warranty on the whole unit. In February 2014 I had to replace the motor. It cost me $453 for labor. This week I have to replace some valve that distributes the Freon. This will cost me another $453. The unit has never cooled my house like my old unit. I have to put the temperature on 74 to get the house cool. I use to keep the temperature on 77 with my old unit. I feel Rheem should give me some of my money back. Why should I suffer for this bad manufacture.

Date created: 2014-07-27 Name: G.Ford
Location: Phx. Az.

"Truth"
Reps from other companies come here and post comments. The moderator removed the real ones. Had Rheem and every other brand since 1971 installed. We own rentals (apts, trailers). We've purchased as many as 8 at a time. Easy to get parts. Consumer reports has them listed in the top 2. Everyone on the web knows this site is bogus.

Date created: 2014-07-01 Name: Barry and Diann Dickman
Location: Tamarac,florida

"I hate Rheem"
We live in a condo in Tamarac, Fl. A new roof was being installed and a company by the name of Sawgrass said whoever wanted to replace their 27 yr old units would not have to pay for the crane to lift them onto the roof. Almost all 21 units opted to get new a/C. My 27 yr old unit only had 2 repairs all needing freon. My 6 yr old Rheem required a new motor in 2 years I know the service charge was $75. However when they came to install the covered motor which took 15 minutes the charge was $225. The actual cost of a new motor. No satisfaction from Sawgrass. Three yrs later another motor failed and replacement $375. Today our compressor went $850. Stay away from Rheem.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>