Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-06-22 Name: Dee Hammock
Location: Hugo, OK

"Do not buy Rheem"
I had a Rheem installed three years ago, worst mistake ever. Less than six months after installation repairs were necessary. Every winter and every summer since has required repairs.

Date created: 2015-06-16 Name: thunderchix
Location: Texas

"Unsatisfied"
I have to pay the labor to have parts installed that are at fault from the manufacturer. Where is Rheem to back up their product? I call for a boycott of Rheem until they offer parts and labor that is due to manufacturer issues/problems...

Date created: 2015-05-19 Name: L. Hefter
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL

"Constant headache"
I bought a 3 ton unit 1 1/2 years ago and I am constantly having to replace parts. I have practically had the system rebuilt at a high price. The Rheem AC is a loser, stay away.

Date created: 2015-05-16 Name: R rierel
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Brand new and leaking"
I've had the Rheem unit less than a year. Now it is dripping water and not cooling. Had the installer out who says it is a leaking coil. Based on my research, this seems to be a pretty common occurrence with Rheem. They claim to have some sort of magic liquid only obtainable from the manufacturer that will fix everything. Given what I've learned, it sounds like I have bought a lemon unit from a lemon company

Date created: 2015-04-24 Location: Pittsboro, NC

"My Rheem air conditioner is great!"
Since moving into our new home, we've been very pleased with our air conditioning system. Previously, in our old home, we had a lot of difficulties keeping a constant temperature in various rooms. This was mainly because we had an older unit. It was not as efficient, and our electricity bills were through the roof! Once we moved into our new home, and had new AC unit that was new, and large enough to accommodate the square footage of our house, we've been pleasantly surprised. Nowadays, our bills are lower, and the rooms are much more comfortable, to boot! We are still under warranty, but I imagine that we will not have many problems with this unit. It is built solidly and performs well, unlike our last, poorly performing unit. I expect to have this Rheem unit for years to come. Hopefully it will last for 15 years or more.

Date created: 2015-04-10 Location: Saint Marys, GA

"Very Pleased with Rheem"
I have owned this unit for approximately four years and have not had any issues whatsoever. It works very efficiently, providing fast cooling of my home with minimal electricity usage. It only takes 15-20 minutes to cool the entire house to a comfortable level even on the hottest of summer days. It runs very quietly with no loud annoying fan noises coming from outside, despite the fact that it is relatively large for my home. It is also very durable in the outdoor environment, with no rust, corrosion, or stains of any sort. I never have issues in the spring when running it for the first time of the year either, and have not noticed any evidence of fluid leaking or anything like that. It starts right up every time without any issues. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for an air conditioning unit for a small- to medium-sized home.

Date created: 2014-10-20 Name: Cynthia Cruz

"It was determined that we have a "lemon", and Rheem will do nothing!"
We have been faithful customers for over 40 years. We have poured bad money after bad money because we are told we have a "lemon" model, but Rheem will do nothing to replace, or even pay partial compensation for, the money we have poured into this product over the years! And even worse, the other model we are told is the best is also a Rheem product, with no guarantee that it won't be another lemon.

Date created: 2014-10-19 Name: Teve Jones
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Skeptics unite"
There are tons of fake reviews here. We`ve installed these and every brand since the 70`s. We have rentals, apartments and mobile homes. We build and sell homes and apartment units. Ask Consumer Reports and every major site about Rheem. We installed eight in a month on tract houses a few years ago. No problems. Our neighbor had a bad contractor install hers. It was nothing but trouble. He went out of business. She sold the house and had a new one installed right. The same thing at her new place.

Date created: 2014-09-22 Name: Randy V.
Location: Kissimmee, FL

"Rheem evaporator leaks after 20 months"
I purchased this system on 11/02/2012. It was the complete system inside and out. Recently it quit working and freezing up. I had One Stop come out and look at it. They stated the evaporator was leaking. I had a second opinion from a different Tech. Same thing - the evaporator leaking. The part is leaking in under two years. From what I have been reading, this is a known issue. If I would have known I would have to replace the evaporator every two years, I would not have bought this product. Parts are under warranty through One Stop for ten years. However, it is the labor at $600 I am looking at reimbursement for. I expected the system to last at least 10 years before performing any work on it. I would like Rheem, a well known company, to cover the complete cost of the repair of replacing the evaporator. This is a known issue and well documented on the internet, with class action suits from several law firms. I am looking at another $3600 in labor repairs over the next 10 years. Rheem never even acknowledged my concerns on their website.

Date created: 2014-09-12 Name: Jean Segelke
Location: Aurora, Co

"Fix or replace"
I purchased a Rheem air conditioner, installed in April of 2014. In June the unit was making an odd noise. I called the installer out and they (Rheem) want to only replace the compressor. I am requesting a replacement unit and it seems to be issue. I have gone the last 2 months without an air conditioner. I would like to think if an appliance was purchased new and it broke in two months, you would want a new one, too.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>