Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-04-04 Location: McKinney, Texas

"Great product back by great service"
I have owned the unit for 4 years. I enjoy how quietly it runs and the low cost of operation. I wish it was a bit smaller in size. I have not done any repairs to it. I would definitely buy another Rheem

Date created: 2016-04-04 Location: Barnegat, NJ

"Five years old and still running strong"
Five years ago my York central air conditioner failed during the hottest part of July. With a wife and three young children at home, it was imperative that we repair or replace it as soon as possible. After extensive online research I decided to purchase a replacement from Rheem Manufacturing Co. The new unit was installed without any glitches and has performed very well ever since it was installed. My home is 2,500 square feet and the unit has no trouble keeping the entire home cool during the hottest parts of the summer. I have noticed a 12% savings in my summer electric bill ever since it was installed which is a major improvement of the old York unit that we had. It has never required any repairs and continues to work as well today as it did when it was first installed. I would absolutely recommend this unit to anyone in need of a replacement central air conditioner.

Date created: 2016-03-28 Location: East Baton Rouge, LA

"A Good Workhorse in an Area Where Cooling Counts"
Living in south Louisiana, a home's air conditioner has to work, and has to work well. Our Rheem has been operating in our home since 2010, and it's an absolute workhorse. It cools the house completely when we need it most. In addition to it doing its job well, one of the best features of the unit is that it is incredibly easy to clean. We try to do regular maintenance (since there are times of heavy use during the year) and it is easy and pretty intuitive. We've never had a major repair, and we credit that to the machine and the regular maintenance. The thermostat that comes standard with it is just okay, that's the only negative we've ever experienced. If we were really dissatisfied with that, we could just change it. We believe this unit has many more years of cooling ahead of it, and we would go with Rheem again, no question.

Date created: 2016-03-25 Name: Lesley Marshall
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ

"Bad coil! Customers having to pay $1300 for replacement!"
I was just informed that my AC coil went bad in my rooftop air conditioner and it's going to cost me $1300 to replace it! I just purchased this air conditioner in December of 2014 and now I have to put out more $$$$ because Rheem is selling faulty equipment to customers. This company needs to stand in back of their equipment and start reimbursing customers for their faulty coils. The only fault customers have is in purchasing Rheem air conditioners in the first place! It will never happened again.

Date created: 2015-12-21 Location: White Post, Virginia

"Rheem 5 Ton Split System Does the Job"
I had a Rheem RP15 5 ton split system heat pump/air conditioner installed eighteen months ago. This was to replace a sixteen year old Rheem split system which had given us very good service. The new Rheem system has a SEER rating of 15, making it much less expensive to operate. The outdoor unit has an attractive finish and is very quiet while in operation. The air handler was installed in the attic and is virtually silent. It heats and cools our 3500 square foot home very efficiently. The gauge ports are accessed externally, which pleases our service technician immensely. The condenser coils are easily cleaned with a water hose. It has been serviced but needed nothing but coil cleaning. The existing electrical supply was adequate for the new unit, making installation much simpler and less expensive. I am very pleased with this unit and recommend it highly for new or replacement installation. I would certainly purchase this Rheem model again.

Date created: 2015-10-15 Name: Kevin FitzMaurice
Location: Surfside Beach, SC

"Run, run fast, run far"
Replaced a working 11 year old A/C heat pump in November 2014. Had to have it repaired a week later for a stuck valve. Exterior unit was replaced under warranty two weeks later because the stuck valve had somehow contaminated the entire system. I was told this was a manufacturing defect. The coldest night of the winter (19 degrees f) the system failed, and the interior temperature was 56 degrees. There was approximately 1/4 of "snow" on the exterior unit, and it was not running. Replace a defective defrost sensor, and the unit ran, but never seemed to be warm. The auxiliary heat is almost always on. Last week the heat failed again, then the A/C stopped working. The contractor tried to fix a stuck valve (again) with a factory approved lubricant, and this failed. Currently waiting authorization from the manufacturer for more repairs. I believe we will be replacing the exterior unit once again. In less than a month, labor for repairs becomes my responsibility as the 10 year warranty covers labor for one year only.

Date created: 2015-09-28 Name: Will M.
Location: Arizona

"Stay away!"
HVAC unit is less than 3 years old and I have had to recharge refrigerant twice this summer. I replaced a 27-year-old Rheem unit with this one. Big mistake. Quality is obviously not what it once was.

Date created: 2015-09-17 Name: Lee
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL

"Rheem prestige 4 ton 16 SEER"
Unit is a piece of junk. Had to have the outside unit replaced the first week, the compressor locked up. Then I had to get condenser unit main board replaced, it fried. The unit has leaked from day one. It's been serviced and charged 3 times over the last 2 years. Now they have found the leak in the evaporator coil, so I have to pay labor to get that replaced. I had a Goodman before this and didn't have anywhere near the issues. Don't buy this junk; do your research first.

Date created: 2015-09-05 Name: Chuck
Location: Boca Raton, FL

"Criticism"
Cools well when the temperature is below 85, then becomes very inefficient and labors all day to keep temperature at 78. It has broken down (stopped cooling) for various reasons at least 6 times in 3 years. We replaced the coil after 3 years of use, which was quite expensive. The quality of A/C parts in general are poor. I would not be surprised if any parts at all were made in the USA, my A/C was assembled in Mexico. Prior to this A/C I had a Trane 2 ton for 17 years and was very satisfied. I am sorry now that I did not spend a few more dollars and buy a Trane once more. Bottom line...I would definitely not recommend purchasing a Rheem A/C.

Date created: 2015-08-28 Name: I Sallai
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Customer service"
Very unsatisfied with Rheem air conditioning. Customer Service was totally worthless. Takes a week to get a part which is warranted. They claim that the warranty on parts does not give them any time requirement for delivery. I would never, ever purchase a Rheem air conditioner system again. It was a horrible decision on my part.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>