Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-08-28 Name: I Sallai
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Customer service"
Very unsatisfied with Rheem air conditioning. Customer Service was totally worthless. Takes a week to get a part which is warranted. They claim that the warranty on parts does not give them any time requirement for delivery. I would never, ever purchase a Rheem air conditioner system again. It was a horrible decision on my part.

Date created: 2015-08-26 Name: darleen
Location: Boca Raton, FL

"Very disappointed in quality of Rheem A/C. Had trouble from the beginning and 4 years later, it stinks."
Very unhappy I chose Rheem. It has been trouble since the beginning. Now, 4 years later, I have to pay seven hundred dollars for a coil part. It never seems to work right since I purchased it 4 years ago. This is not the only AC I've ever had, but it's the most costly.

Date created: 2015-08-24 Name: Ts
Location: Baldwinsville, NY

"Terrible"
I've had this unit for 6 years. I'm on my third fan engine. Don't buy an AC unit from them.

Date created: 2015-08-01 Name: phil
Location: Naples, FL

"Coil out in 15 months"
The unit runs well and cools efficiently, but the coil sprung a leak just over a year into service at a cost of nearly $1000.

Date created: 2015-07-29 Name: thylden
Location: Tampa, FL

"Disappointment"
As a contractor and business owner, I was completely let down by Rheem today. I went to do a 7.5 ton s/c split system and Rheem seems to have only put the unit half way together. There was no evaporator fan control relay/contactor. Ok, I supplied the 3 phase contactor. Onward, they seem to have some magic way to generate 24v that I am not privy to, as the unit has no transformer. Never mind the way the line set ties to the coil. One of the 7/8 suction sides was expanded, but not the other. I did one of these units about a year ago and it wasn't in such an incomplete state. I have no way in good conscience to be able to recommend them as a good product. I guess they circle the problem for you.

Date created: 2015-06-22 Name: Dee Hammock
Location: Hugo, OK

"Do not buy Rheem"
I had a Rheem installed three years ago, worst mistake ever. Less than six months after installation repairs were necessary. Every winter and every summer since has required repairs.

Date created: 2015-06-16 Name: thunderchix
Location: Texas

"Unsatisfied"
I have to pay the labor to have parts installed that are at fault from the manufacturer. Where is Rheem to back up their product? I call for a boycott of Rheem until they offer parts and labor that is due to manufacturer issues/problems...

Date created: 2015-05-19 Name: L. Hefter
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL

"Constant headache"
I bought a 3 ton unit 1 1/2 years ago and I am constantly having to replace parts. I have practically had the system rebuilt at a high price. The Rheem AC is a loser, stay away.

Date created: 2015-05-16 Name: R rierel
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Brand new and leaking"
I've had the Rheem unit less than a year. Now it is dripping water and not cooling. Had the installer out who says it is a leaking coil. Based on my research, this seems to be a pretty common occurrence with Rheem. They claim to have some sort of magic liquid only obtainable from the manufacturer that will fix everything. Given what I've learned, it sounds like I have bought a lemon unit from a lemon company

Date created: 2015-04-24 Location: Pittsboro, NC

"My Rheem air conditioner is great!"
Since moving into our new home, we've been very pleased with our air conditioning system. Previously, in our old home, we had a lot of difficulties keeping a constant temperature in various rooms. This was mainly because we had an older unit. It was not as efficient, and our electricity bills were through the roof! Once we moved into our new home, and had new AC unit that was new, and large enough to accommodate the square footage of our house, we've been pleasantly surprised. Nowadays, our bills are lower, and the rooms are much more comfortable, to boot! We are still under warranty, but I imagine that we will not have many problems with this unit. It is built solidly and performs well, unlike our last, poorly performing unit. I expect to have this Rheem unit for years to come. Hopefully it will last for 15 years or more.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>