Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-09-09 Name: G Somers
Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL

"Rheem is just trashy."
RH1T3617STANJA air handler is extremely ugly. Definitely the appearance lowers value of the home. Doesn't cool at all, blows very weakly. RP1436AJ1 outside unit not noisy. Both units sweat abundantly. This is basically a generic AC with a Rheem button stuck to it, made in Mexico, not that there's anything wrong with that. But, buy a USA-built Goodman AC, is my opinion. I'm a real person with a neighbor who got a Goodman and is living good.

Date created: 2016-09-07 Name: P.A.Sypulski
Location: Freeport, PA

"Junk don't buy"
Bought in spring of 2015 and got one summer out of it. This spring, had to pay for labor and Freon. Now it's the coils. I would never recommend this company.

Date created: 2016-08-17 Name: A. KUMAR
Location: Sacramento, CA

"Worst product ever"
Do yourself a favor and never purchase a Rheem. I purchased a Rheem heating/AC unit in November 2014 and my AC unit has already gone out this summer, it only worked for one summer. I have had problems from April to August 2016 with the coil leaking Freon; had a new coil installed and the new one leaked even more Freon than the previous one. The only way to contact them is by email. They just are the worst company ever, taking peoples' money and selling junk products. I had spent $3500 on this product, not to mention having an AC tech come look at what the problem was. Again, do yourself a favor - don't purchase this product. It is very frustrating when you spend money on a new item thinking it will last at least 10 years, but no, it goes out in less than two. I had to get a different AC unit and because of all the frustration I'm not sure about this new AC unit I have from a different company.

Date created: 2016-08-12 Name: Shirlan Meador
Location: Lafayette, TN

"Upset"
I did not choose the brand, my contractor chose it. In 2009 he had a Rheem installed in my home. I had to have the same part replaced 3 times. And oh, believe me, the story gets worse. It quit cooling about 7 weeks ago. They told me I had a leak in the coils and that it would cost about $1600 to repair. They put Freon that lasted about 7 weeks and then it stopped cooling again. They came over and we were going to put more Freon in it, but they couldn't because two more parts were messed up. One of them would cost about $500. I am retired and can only get money from my stock in September because that is the anniversary date. So here I am 98 in the shade, but I knew some that would get me another one.

Date created: 2016-07-28 Name: J. Schmitz
Location: Mobile, AL

"Home heat pump"
Had this unit installed 12/2010. This will be my third inside coil in 5 1/2 years. Still under warranty, but not labor, parts only. Contacted Rheem. No help on labor cost. At this rate, I'll need at least 2 more inside coils. Local AC contractor said this is a known problem with these units. Would not recommend nor buy anything Rheem again.

Date created: 2016-07-23 Name: Sharon
Location: Louisiana

"Disgusted"
Moved into a new home in February 2015. Had to replace leaking coils in May 2016. Now 7 weeks later, the inside motor has gone out. Waiting 5 days to replace it. Contacted Rheem by email. No response! Very dissatisfied.

Date created: 2016-07-19 Name: Kathy
Location: Maryland

"Never buy one"
Our AC has been out for 8 weeks now, four trips by our service techs to try and solve the problem per Rheem information, but no joy. No help from Rheem customer service. Unit is 7 years old and under warranty. Will never buy one again. 100 degree weather this summer, no AC and Rheem could care less.

Date created: 2016-07-19 Name: Jim Dietz
Location: Rio Verde, AZ

"Rheem is a rip off."
I purchased our Rheem less than four years ago and now it is costing me $3,000 to put in new coils that are leaking. It cost me $1400 for two units, 4 ton and 3.5 ton. My contractor has quit installing them and has numerous complaints.

Date created: 2016-07-17 Name: Home Owner
Location: Springfield, MO

"Leaking coils - manufacturing defect inside and outside"
Rheem has lousy customer service. Had to replace my inside coil unit last summer because of leaking Freon. Unit is only 5 years old so coil was under warranty. Replaced but had to pay labor and Freon to install new inside coil. This summer the unit quit cooling again when it got hot. Serviceman found two copper pipes in the outside coil rubbing together, causing leaking of all Freon. This was repaired by separating and soldering pipes. Rheem would not admit to any defect with the outside coils or help with the cost of Freon, even though the repairman said these coils have history of leaking. Stay away from Rheem.

Date created: 2016-07-08 Name: Julio Jimenez
Location: Miami, FL

"Very unsatisfied"
Purchased this split unit 5 ton Rheem 3 years ago. It's very unreliable, nobody seems to know what is wrong with it. Being repaired piece by piece with the hope that that a piece is the problem. I thought Rheem was a great brand, and have had several here and in my business, guess I was wrong.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>