Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-09-17 Name: Lee
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL

"Rheem prestige 4 ton 16 SEER"
Unit is a piece of junk. Had to have the outside unit replaced the first week, the compressor locked up. Then I had to get condenser unit main board replaced, it fried. The unit has leaked from day one. It's been serviced and charged 3 times over the last 2 years. Now they have found the leak in the evaporator coil, so I have to pay labor to get that replaced. I had a Goodman before this and didn't have anywhere near the issues. Don't buy this junk; do your research first.

Date created: 2015-09-05 Name: Chuck
Location: Boca Raton, FL

"Criticism"
Cools well when the temperature is below 85, then becomes very inefficient and labors all day to keep temperature at 78. It has broken down (stopped cooling) for various reasons at least 6 times in 3 years. We replaced the coil after 3 years of use, which was quite expensive. The quality of A/C parts in general are poor. I would not be surprised if any parts at all were made in the USA, my A/C was assembled in Mexico. Prior to this A/C I had a Trane 2 ton for 17 years and was very satisfied. I am sorry now that I did not spend a few more dollars and buy a Trane once more. Bottom line...I would definitely not recommend purchasing a Rheem A/C.

Date created: 2015-08-28 Name: I Sallai
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Customer service"
Very unsatisfied with Rheem air conditioning. Customer Service was totally worthless. Takes a week to get a part which is warranted. They claim that the warranty on parts does not give them any time requirement for delivery. I would never, ever purchase a Rheem air conditioner system again. It was a horrible decision on my part.

Date created: 2015-08-26 Name: darleen
Location: Boca Raton, FL

"Very disappointed in quality of Rheem A/C. Had trouble from the beginning and 4 years later, it stinks."
Very unhappy I chose Rheem. It has been trouble since the beginning. Now, 4 years later, I have to pay seven hundred dollars for a coil part. It never seems to work right since I purchased it 4 years ago. This is not the only AC I've ever had, but it's the most costly.

Date created: 2015-08-24 Name: Ts
Location: Baldwinsville, NY

"Terrible"
I've had this unit for 6 years. I'm on my third fan engine. Don't buy an AC unit from them.

Date created: 2015-08-01 Name: phil
Location: Naples, FL

"Coil out in 15 months"
The unit runs well and cools efficiently, but the coil sprung a leak just over a year into service at a cost of nearly $1000.

Date created: 2015-07-29 Name: thylden
Location: Tampa, FL

"Disappointment"
As a contractor and business owner, I was completely let down by Rheem today. I went to do a 7.5 ton s/c split system and Rheem seems to have only put the unit half way together. There was no evaporator fan control relay/contactor. Ok, I supplied the 3 phase contactor. Onward, they seem to have some magic way to generate 24v that I am not privy to, as the unit has no transformer. Never mind the way the line set ties to the coil. One of the 7/8 suction sides was expanded, but not the other. I did one of these units about a year ago and it wasn't in such an incomplete state. I have no way in good conscience to be able to recommend them as a good product. I guess they circle the problem for you.

Date created: 2015-06-22 Name: Dee Hammock
Location: Hugo, OK

"Do not buy Rheem"
I had a Rheem installed three years ago, worst mistake ever. Less than six months after installation repairs were necessary. Every winter and every summer since has required repairs.

Date created: 2015-06-16 Name: thunderchix
Location: Texas

"Unsatisfied"
I have to pay the labor to have parts installed that are at fault from the manufacturer. Where is Rheem to back up their product? I call for a boycott of Rheem until they offer parts and labor that is due to manufacturer issues/problems...

Date created: 2015-05-19 Name: L. Hefter
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL

"Constant headache"
I bought a 3 ton unit 1 1/2 years ago and I am constantly having to replace parts. I have practically had the system rebuilt at a high price. The Rheem AC is a loser, stay away.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>