Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-10-12 Name: DJ bishop
Location: Port St Lucie, Florida

"Dont ever buy a Rheem A/C"
Purchased new Rheem 3 1/2 ton A/C unit on 01/08/2014 and have had nothing but problems. Found leak in condenser on copper line leading to service port. The company that installed the unit advised that they felt it was a manufacturer defect and contacted Rheem, who would not do anything. The A/C company that came out charged $500 just for the refrigerant. I also called Rheem and spoke with Melissa in customer service but she was no help and rude. Now here again we are having more problems. There appears to be a class action going against Rheem for this defect and I at this point might have to seek legal action against Rheem. Do yourself a favor and don't purchase a Rheem A/C. They don't back their own product.

Date created: 2016-09-29 Name: David Peterson
Location: Clermont, FL

"A-coil failures"
Two Rheem HVAC systems ( RHSL-HM3617JA / RHSL-HM4221JA) installed in 2011 for my home have had A-coil's replaced twice now as of 2016.

Date created: 2016-09-21 Name: Arcot Suresh
Location: The Villages, FL

"Do not buy Rheem"
New unit, after 2 1/2 years the coil is leaking. It will cost me $350 for labor under warranty. Do not buy Rheem. My friend also had the same problem. I read reviews, 80% unsatisfied. I wish Rheem would read customer reviews and fix problems.

Date created: 2016-09-14 Name: christy hopkins
Location: South Carolina

"Piece of junk!"
After reading most of these reviews I know that at least it isn't just my unit with all the trouble. Installed in February 2014 and we have had to put $1000 more into it. Apparently this company doesn't read their own reviews or else they would have the problem fixed by now. We had our AC go out 6 times and 3 times this summer alone! I contacted Rheem and the lady was very rude and interrupted me so I just hung up. I'm sure it doesn't make a difference to them if we have AC or not because I'm sure they are sitting in some building soaking up some nice cool air! Our original contractor who sold it to us quit calling us back. I'm ready to throw this piece of junk in the woods and get a better unit. This one has to be at the bottom of the line!

Date created: 2016-09-12 Name: Joyce Cover
Location: Vero Beach, FL

"Not worth"
Have had this air conditioner/furnace for two years. I have something wrong every two months. Terrible waste of money plus frustration of not having air for 97-year-old parent in southern Florida. The drain line plugs up constantly and I now know how to drain and clean it but at 76 and the cost, I shouldn't have to do this. I would never recommend Rheem to anyone.

Date created: 2016-09-09 Name: G Somers
Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL

"Rheem is just trashy."
RH1T3617STANJA air handler is extremely ugly. Definitely the appearance lowers value of the home. Doesn't cool at all, blows very weakly. RP1436AJ1 outside unit not noisy. Both units sweat abundantly. This is basically a generic AC with a Rheem button stuck to it, made in Mexico, not that there's anything wrong with that. But, buy a USA-built Goodman AC, is my opinion. I'm a real person with a neighbor who got a Goodman and is living good.

Date created: 2016-09-07 Name: P.A.Sypulski
Location: Freeport, PA

"Junk don't buy"
Bought in spring of 2015 and got one summer out of it. This spring, had to pay for labor and Freon. Now it's the coils. I would never recommend this company.

Date created: 2016-08-17 Name: A. KUMAR
Location: Sacramento, CA

"Worst product ever"
Do yourself a favor and never purchase a Rheem. I purchased a Rheem heating/AC unit in November 2014 and my AC unit has already gone out this summer, it only worked for one summer. I have had problems from April to August 2016 with the coil leaking Freon; had a new coil installed and the new one leaked even more Freon than the previous one. The only way to contact them is by email. They just are the worst company ever, taking peoples' money and selling junk products. I had spent $3500 on this product, not to mention having an AC tech come look at what the problem was. Again, do yourself a favor - don't purchase this product. It is very frustrating when you spend money on a new item thinking it will last at least 10 years, but no, it goes out in less than two. I had to get a different AC unit and because of all the frustration I'm not sure about this new AC unit I have from a different company.

Date created: 2016-08-12 Name: Shirlan Meador
Location: Lafayette, TN

"Upset"
I did not choose the brand, my contractor chose it. In 2009 he had a Rheem installed in my home. I had to have the same part replaced 3 times. And oh, believe me, the story gets worse. It quit cooling about 7 weeks ago. They told me I had a leak in the coils and that it would cost about $1600 to repair. They put Freon that lasted about 7 weeks and then it stopped cooling again. They came over and we were going to put more Freon in it, but they couldn't because two more parts were messed up. One of them would cost about $500. I am retired and can only get money from my stock in September because that is the anniversary date. So here I am 98 in the shade, but I knew some that would get me another one.

Date created: 2016-07-28 Name: J. Schmitz
Location: Mobile, AL

"Home heat pump"
Had this unit installed 12/2010. This will be my third inside coil in 5 1/2 years. Still under warranty, but not labor, parts only. Contacted Rheem. No help on labor cost. At this rate, I'll need at least 2 more inside coils. Local AC contractor said this is a known problem with these units. Would not recommend nor buy anything Rheem again.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>