Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous12131415161718192021

Date created: 2008-05-13 Name: Mark Snyder
Location: Hickory, NC

"We Bought a New Home and it Had a Rheem AC"
We bought a new home and it had a Rheem ac rpmc024jaz, and after living in the house for 3 years the compressor blew in the unit, we had a service person come out and replace the compressor, which cost us 425.00 and that is with the part still being under warranty. Then low and behold it has been 8 months and that compressor is blown, I am trying to deal with Rhemm to have someone see why this unit is going through compressors, but as of yet no luck!!!!!!

Date created: 2008-05-11 Name: J. Price
Location: Biloxi, MS

I bought a house in May of 2007. The home inspector said the ac system looked pretty good, even though it was about 12 years old. That summer it worked fine and didn't have any problems cooling my house. My power bills were actually pretty low. This week I started it up (May 08) after cleaning out the permanent filter and cleaning the outside unit. I noticed that almost every electrical component, the accumulator, the pump, etc. on the outside unit was rusting. I turned it back on after cleaning and it blows really hard. Problem is that it is not cold. Called a service man out on the weekend and he told me that freon was leaking all over the inside A-coil and the outside units. He pretty much told me that it would be the same cost to replace all the parts as it would to get a new system. I'm not sure if I'm going to go with a rheem or not. Reading some of the reviews and other feedback online seems like the only thing you are getting is a "Rheem" job.

Date created: 2008-04-28 Name: Elizabeth Renz
Location: Katy, TX

Very unsatisfied. Our upstairs 3.5 ton, 16 seer, Rheem unit short cycled until a delay was installed, it does not remove humidity and cool our upstairs, and I am so sorry it was recommended to us.

Date created: 2008-04-27 Name: DYI'er
Location: New England

Very pleased. 16 seer w/ matching variable speed ah. Many who complain about Rheem need to reconsider who did the installation. There are many factors to consider. Not just that the machine did not run properly. Be sure your contractor knows what he/she is doing. There are many who do not. Any cheating or cutting corners on the install will inherently make the units run poorly or malfunction, seriously decreasing the life of such units. Pay the extra money to have it installed right, the first time. I've had Rheems all my life. I've been in the trade. Never had any issues. My suggestion: don't cheat the system.....hire someone who knows what they are doing, especially with the duct work. Very important.

Date created: 2007-08-03 Name: j andrews
Location: macomb il

purchased a 16 seer a/c system. this is the best ac on market by far. went over to a friends house who just had a carrier 18 seer installed. he paid $2500 more! this unit wasn't neer as quiet as mine. will never buy anything but rheem

Date created: 2007-07-10 Name: L.Stange
Location: Yuba City, CA

Lack of response to 5 e-mails (2 to Rheem mfg., 3 to a local Rheem dealer), resulted in dead silence to a problem with the AC compressor which shuts off. Quality starts with public relations.

Date created: 2006-08-22 Years owned: 4

On 6 March 2002, I purchased a Rheem 12 Seer Air Conditioning Unit. Since thar time, I have had nothing but problems!!!!!!!!! I have had to have no less than 15 service calls to repair this unit. I am extremely angry. I have been sold a LEMON!!!!!!!!!! Please contact me, as I beleive that RHEEM should replace this unsatisfactory unit.

Date created: 2006-07-04 Years owned: 1

I purchased a new home in February 2005. During the negotiations, the seller revealed that the house needed a new central air conditioning system. I considered negotiating the sales price down and taking on the responsibility of putting in the new sysytem once I moved in. I had just researched HVAC systems for my previous residence and had purchased a Rheem gas pack so I was familiar with the brand and its reputation in the market. The seller stated that he planned to purchase a Rheem system so I felt confident I was getting a good product and decided to avoid the hassle of contracting out the work myself. When buying a new home, moving, etc...less stress is better, right? Not necessarily. Just last month, my 15 month old Rheem system "locked up". I called a reputable company that I had worked with in the past and they confirmed that my brand new air conditioning system needed a new compressor. Needless to say, I was more than a little dissappointed. While the Rheem unit was under warranty, the labor was not and since the unit was not purchased from this vendor there was little they could do to help with the price of the repair. The original quote to repair my "brand new air conditioner" was over $500. Not exactly what one would expect from a piece of equipment that should last 8 - 15 years. I can only hope this new compressor will live up to the reputation of quality and service that Rheem is known for. Until then, the jury is out.

Date created: 2006-06-25 Years owned: 4

Rheem does not back up their warranty. Better be sure and keep ALL your warranty papers for your system, we had to pay to replace ac unit and copper tubing and Rheem did not support us and would not help out when we needed it.

<< Previous12131415161718192021