Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous1112131415161718192021Next >>

Date created: 2008-09-06 Name: Coty Garrido
Location: Miami

"Just bought it in April 08"
Not even a year and compressor burned out

Date created: 2008-09-03 Name: Patel Amrat
Location: Orlando, FL

"Patel Andy"
I am very unsatisfied. I have two units in my house. Installed in 2001.One unit had a gas leak in indoor coilís we replaced it. Now I have a leak in another unit ,again I have to spend money. Raheem product are so bad, cost repairs in a few years. Do not buy Raheem A/C.

Date created: 2008-08-21 Name: Ken Stromberg
Location: San Diego, CA

"My Rheem is Great!!!"
I have two Rheem air conditioning systems in my San Diego house - one for the first floor and one in the attic for the 2nd floor. I have saved so much money with this approach, (zone air conditioning) and both systems operate perfectly. One of them is ultra quiet - so you don't hear the air conditioning at all in our back courtyard. My local dealer in San Diego was Carini Heating and Air Conditioning, 619-843-0997; www.cariniair.com I highly recommend both Rheem and Carini Air!

Date created: 2008-08-10 Name: K.C
Location: Orlando

"New Rheem is leaking"
Was just installed last month...has leaked all over my upstairs bedroom...not happy at all with Rheem plus the unit outside is too loud. Pay the extra money and get a Trane.

Date created: 2008-07-20 Name: Henry
Location: Northern Kentucky

"Old reliable"
I bought a Rheem scroll compressor 3-ton, 10 seer split system in 1999 to replace a York 3-ton 8 seer conventional compressor that failed when a technician reconnected it incorrectly after it had been removed for some foundation work. The Rheem has been a solid performer and delivered reliable, economical cooling for 9 seasons. I've read about the people with problems and I really think it comes down to installer competence and homeowner oversight. Also I wonder if some of these systems are over- or undersized. You have to stand there and watch the installer pull a vacuum on the lines for 45-60 minutes before they open the refrigerant valves. That's the only way to ensure that the moisture is removed from the lines. I say something like "How long you gonna pull vacuum on it?" So they understand you're no dummy. You also have to insist on having a decent-sized dryer installed to collect any moisture that may have been missed. Also avoid the quick-connects and insist on all copper brazed connections. a dry, fully sealed system should last virtually forever.

Date created: 2008-07-20 Name: J. Johnson
Location: Vinegrove, KY

"Rpfa-030jas"
Great air conditioner but freezes up a lot

Date created: 2008-07-19 Name: M. Stockwell
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

"One of the first R-410a units"
I got my system 7-31-2002. The furnace works great but the air conditioner never was cold enough. My bills were no less than with the older inefficient unit I replaced. Then a few years ago I started having part time problems with the compressor. It finally died completely last week. Seems to me like six years is not very long to last.

Date created: 2008-06-10 Name: K.
Location: Enola, PA

"Too many repairs and problems"
I built my house in Jan '04. So far, the repairman has had to come and fix something on my Rheem A/C unit/Heat pump 3 times. Right now I am waiting for him to replace the A/C compressor which just failed, conveniently during 100 degree weather.

Date created: 2008-06-03 Name: A. Dela
Location: Orland, FL

"Central A/C"
From the very beginning we had problems. They had to change the condesator due to rust (even though it was a new unite). They cannot find a leak in the unit, but every year we have to call for service (need refrigerant).

Date created: 2008-06-03 Name: Rheem Sux