Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2017-10-17 Name: Y. Ji
Location: Raleigh, NC

"Very bad units"
Installed 2013 has to be refilled twice of a year since installed. Very bad product. Warranty is a lie. They use all kind sayings to avoid warranty. It is just wast of time to talk to Rheem's warranty people.

Date created: 2017-09-30 Name: Elaine McClain
Location: Leesburg, FL

"7 service calls on a brand new unit!!!"
We had a/c guys install a brand new unit as of July 31, 2017, we have had 7 service calls in the year we have had it. They come out only to fix it for about a month and then it just quits working. They have to be the worst service company and we certainly must have gotten a lemon air conditioner. The last time they were here I asked them to call your customer help line so that maybe a little more knowledge would help. He told us he had no idea what we were talking about. Please, please, please follow up on this. I can't believe you could manufacture such an inferior product, or have a/c guys sell your product but don't know how to fix it. It is 82 degrees in this home and getting warmer. Please help us.
Date created: 2017-09-25 Name: Tracey Pollack
Location: Boca Raton, FL

"RHEEM IS THE WORLD'S WORST!!!!"
My air conditioner was installed on Nov 2011. I bought the house 1/2012. I know this cause the inspector told me the a/c was brand new. Within the first 2 years it stopped working. Call a guy tells me it's the thermostat, okay replace. That's not the problem. Unit shut down again. Clean lines. Clean lines a 2nd time, replace capacitor, clean coils, clean lines. Year to the day from the 1st capacitor replaced, come out & replace another one. 2 months later after the 2nd capcitor was installed unit shuts-off again. Replace transformer. Unit still not working properly. Rheem customer service sucks as well .. they will do anything to say it's not the unit. If I have to replace the unit, I'll be sure never ever to buy a rheem. Don't just walk, run to another dealer .. there's a reason they have such a low score.
Date created: 2017-09-23 Name: Barbara Nicholas
Location: Addison, TX

"Loud unit and bad service"
Royal Air and Heating in Dalals installed a Rheem unit at my house. The unit is extremely loud and it is like living next to a ships engine room. Even the inspector who came out on the permit said the unit sounds like a 40 year old unit. The Rheem unit replaced a 20 yr old unit and the new Rheem unit is louder than my old unit. It is also next to the master bedroom, so you cannot sleep in that room. In June 2017, Royal sd a Rheem rep will have to come out and check it. It is now the end of September 2017 and still no rep. I also contacted Rheem. They called me back and said they will follow up. They never did. Don't allow anyone to install one of these units at your house. It is a headache and you will not get any customer service. And, you will be waiting forever for a Rheem rep to come out. Surprised this awful company is still in business.
Date created: 2017-09-02 Name: warren miller
Location: Greenville, VA

"Bad coils understand Rheem knew this want me to pay for expensive service call not happy"
Was told by service tech that this unit had coil problems. Rheem knows this and done nothing about it. Was told coils were made in china and the new coils will come from mexico. In the mean time this will cost me over 300.00 dollars. Air condition. Was 3 and a half years old when problem was noticed. 4 Years old now. I'm 76 years old and live on fixed income. May not get unit repaired.info came from service dealer who installed unit.
Date created: 2017-08-23 Name: Mark Weisenbach
Location: Milburn, OK

"Not happy with Rheem"
Solder joint broke inside the condenser and leaked out all refrigerant. Called Local AC contractor and paid $380 for repair. Called Rheem and talked to the worst customer service person ever. Rheem claims that they only will pay for parts replacement and since there were no parts installed then they were not responsible. The solder joint that broke was obviously a factory defect. Rheem will not accept any responsibility for this shoddy assembly. So if you choose Rheem, do not expect any support from the manufacturer.
Date created: 2017-08-11 Name: J.H. Gillis
Location: Albuquerque, NM

"Zero customer service, no written warranties"
Purchased Energy Star split system through Home Depot. Was told there was a 10 year warranty on the compressor and 25 year warranty on the heat exchanger. Installer tells me there is nothing in writing beyond that statement on the contract I signed. Cannot register the units on the Rheem website because it will not accept the installation date. Tells me to contact my installer who tells me they have nothing to do with the Rheem online registration. There is no phone number for Rheem and they have not responded to the three contact forms I have sent. Once they have your money, they don't care.
Date created: 2017-08-07 Name: Jackie Summers
Location: New Port Richey, FL

"Buyer Beware"
We had a house fire 2011. Occupied home December 2011. Installer was to register a/c. We've had 5 service calls since installed. 2 major parts replaced and Rheem would only give us a 5 year warranty on parts instead of the 10 yr stated in their brochure because the install date was not recorded on their website within 60 day. We were told installer would register ac which they did not. I have proof of purchase on ac; however, Rheem will not give us full warranty. I would never purchase another Rheem product because they will not honor their warranty. We may have to replace this ac. We have already invested $2324 on a 5 year + 7 months ac.
Date created: 2017-07-22 Name: George Forte
Location: Central Florida

"Rheem"
In 2014, I had a complete new home central air system installed. This was a split system. I also had new ductwork installed. The system was installed by a Rheem approved licensed contractor. I wish that I had read reviews of this manufacturer before I had my system installed. My mistake. I'm lucky I bought the extended warranty. Do not buy this brand unless you buy the extended warranty. Also be aware that the ac service company that sells this brand will always tell you it's a reliable brand. That's what they sell. I failed to do my research. It won't happen again. Here's the service issues I had. First, after about a year, the compressor went out. A year? What's with that? That was a giant red flag of things to come. Now, the evaporator coils have sprung a leak and will be replaced. All under extended warranty---no charge. Bottom line here: Any brand that breaks down with serious issues in the first 2 years, is a piece of crap as far as I'm considered. That's it. Do not buy a Rheem brand home central air conditioner system.
Date created: 2017-06-12 Name: Tim romero
Location: Dallas, TX

"DO NOT BUY!"
Coming from Dallas tx here. We are a licensed company that installs all brands of equipment. Used to be a Rheem dealer until 2016. The reason we stopped is because through 2014 to 2016 we had about a 60% failure rate on all Rheem equipment under warranty. Most were within a year of installation. Long story short, do not buy Rheem equipment. I recommend any other brand, we mainly sold Goodman, Trane, and carrier in the same time frame and warranty failure rates were under 10%. Hope this helps before purchasing a system because I have seen many people get screwed over by this company, and their customer service will not help you at all. Also I think the one guy on here saying they have no problems more than likely works for Rheem. LOL
<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>