Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-07-19 Name: Kathy
Location: Maryland

"Never buy one"
Our AC has been out for 8 weeks now, four trips by our service techs to try and solve the problem per Rheem information, but no joy. No help from Rheem customer service. Unit is 7 years old and under warranty. Will never buy one again. 100 degree weather this summer, no AC and Rheem could care less.

Date created: 2016-07-19 Name: Jim Dietz
Location: Rio Verde, AZ

"Rheem is a rip off."
I purchased our Rheem less than four years ago and now it is costing me $3,000 to put in new coils that are leaking. It cost me $1400 for two units, 4 ton and 3.5 ton. My contractor has quit installing them and has numerous complaints.

Date created: 2016-07-17 Name: Home Owner
Location: Springfield, MO

"Leaking coils - manufacturing defect inside and outside"
Rheem has lousy customer service. Had to replace my inside coil unit last summer because of leaking Freon. Unit is only 5 years old so coil was under warranty. Replaced but had to pay labor and Freon to install new inside coil. This summer the unit quit cooling again when it got hot. Serviceman found two copper pipes in the outside coil rubbing together, causing leaking of all Freon. This was repaired by separating and soldering pipes. Rheem would not admit to any defect with the outside coils or help with the cost of Freon, even though the repairman said these coils have history of leaking. Stay away from Rheem.

Date created: 2016-07-08 Name: Julio Jimenez
Location: Miami, FL

"Very unsatisfied"
Purchased this split unit 5 ton Rheem 3 years ago. It's very unreliable, nobody seems to know what is wrong with it. Being repaired piece by piece with the hope that that a piece is the problem. I thought Rheem was a great brand, and have had several here and in my business, guess I was wrong.

Date created: 2016-07-07 Name: s. whitten
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

"Noisy compressor"
I have had the HVAC unit for almost a year. It cools and heats fine here in south Louisiana, even in this terrible heat wave. However, the compressor makes a loud noise when it turns off. It sounds like a bunch of ice cubes being ground up in the garbage disposal. The unit is outside my bedroom wall. It disrupts my sleep terribly. The local dealer has done everything they know to do to stop or at least muffle the sound. I am not happy!

Date created: 2016-06-15 Name: Greta
Location: Illinois

"If Rheem is good and it can be an install issue"
Problem: Three year old unit - coil leakage. If Rheem equipment is good and the problems lie with installation, then Rheem should step up and address the issue with the installers or remove them from their contractor list. The installers blame Rheem. For instance, the technician working on the system said, "Oh we have this problem all the time". I am surprised that Rheem does not even publish warranty information on their website. No telephone number either. We can contact them via email only, which will probably take months. What a mess.

Date created: 2016-06-14 Name: John
Location: Alex City, AL

"Junk!"
I had two units installed in my house in June of 2010. Out of the 2 units we have replaced the coils 3 times. That is 5 coils over 6 years in 2 units! Numerous other service calls required for all sorts of minor parts, boards and pieces. Last week a valve malfunctioned and switched to heat while we were not there, running the indoor temp well up over 110 degrees - melts candles, etc. Rheem says they cannot/will not do anything. Terrible equipment and a very bad attitude by "customer service". Stay as far away as you can from Rheem!

Date created: 2016-06-13 Name: f rochelle
Location: Jacksonville, NC

"The fan motor is a worthless piece of crap, don't buy Rheem."
Rheem has gone downhill, installing motors that don't last three years. The X13 or ECM motor with the brain inside the motor is a piece of s--t. No help from Rheem support. These units should be recalled, do not buy a Rheem.

Date created: 2016-06-05 Name: Glen W. Ford
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Excellent"
It is 4 years old. The first 3 were excellent. It seems to run colder this season maybe because it`s broken in. The summer is hotter this year. Very efficient. Lower utility bill. Took all day to get it installed.

Date created: 2016-06-02 Name: jane battle
Location: Beacon, NY

"Terrible A/C, ICC board bad twice in a year. 2010 installation,"
Five years after installation, ICC board went bad. $1000.00 for part and service. Now, ten months later, the same problem. The service tech here now is hoping that this is the right part. Not sure, very expensive problems. Never again with a Rheem - I have anxiety that it will happen again. It happened during this ongoing heat wave and is not over yet. As of now, the air conditioner is not working. The tech is still working on it.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>