Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-06-15 Name: Greta
Location: Illinois

"If Rheem is good and it can be an install issue"
Problem: Three year old unit - coil leakage. If Rheem equipment is good and the problems lie with installation, then Rheem should step up and address the issue with the installers or remove them from their contractor list. The installers blame Rheem. For instance, the technician working on the system said, "Oh we have this problem all the time". I am surprised that Rheem does not even publish warranty information on their website. No telephone number either. We can contact them via email only, which will probably take months. What a mess.

Date created: 2016-06-14 Name: John
Location: Alex City, AL

"Junk!"
I had two units installed in my house in June of 2010. Out of the 2 units we have replaced the coils 3 times. That is 5 coils over 6 years in 2 units! Numerous other service calls required for all sorts of minor parts, boards and pieces. Last week a valve malfunctioned and switched to heat while we were not there, running the indoor temp well up over 110 degrees - melts candles, etc. Rheem says they cannot/will not do anything. Terrible equipment and a very bad attitude by "customer service". Stay as far away as you can from Rheem!

Date created: 2016-06-13 Name: f rochelle
Location: Jacksonville, NC

"The fan motor is a worthless piece of crap, don't buy Rheem."
Rheem has gone downhill, installing motors that don't last three years. The X13 or ECM motor with the brain inside the motor is a piece of s--t. No help from Rheem support. These units should be recalled, do not buy a Rheem.

Date created: 2016-06-05 Name: Glen W. Ford
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Excellent"
It is 4 years old. The first 3 were excellent. It seems to run colder this season maybe because it`s broken in. The summer is hotter this year. Very efficient. Lower utility bill. Took all day to get it installed.

Date created: 2016-06-02 Name: jane battle
Location: Beacon, NY

"Terrible A/C, ICC board bad twice in a year. 2010 installation,"
Five years after installation, ICC board went bad. $1000.00 for part and service. Now, ten months later, the same problem. The service tech here now is hoping that this is the right part. Not sure, very expensive problems. Never again with a Rheem - I have anxiety that it will happen again. It happened during this ongoing heat wave and is not over yet. As of now, the air conditioner is not working. The tech is still working on it.

Date created: 2016-05-24 Name: M. Hamilton
Location: Rowlett, TX

"Under warranty! Is it a lemon?"
Thank you Mr. Jim Matthews, owner of Choice Heat & A/C, for your high standards of service to your customers and standing behind the promises of the warranty. In 4/2016, our A/C, less than one yr old, quit cooling. After 2 service calls and a new TXV, it still was not cooling. Mr. Matthews came to check it out and determined it most likely would require replacing parts one by one to find the defect. In all fairness to us as his customer, Mr. Matthews replaced the 4 ton unit at a cost to his company since Rheem did not stand behind their warranty and cover the replacement. I think Rheem should reconsider their decision and help Choice Heat & A/C.

Date created: 2016-04-26 Name: chris
Location: Prattville, AL

"Crap"
Don't buy, we had this unit installed after rebuilding our home due to a house fire. Awful... we had issues our first week in the house. They came back out and fixed it. About three months later it started to not cool off again. Called back again, same issues. Now we are still having the same issues and we are now told this unit is out of its one year warranty and we have to pay $900.00 for labor plus several hundred more for Freon to be added. On a unit that is less than two years old you should not have to be paying this. Rheem does not stand behind their product. Don't buy from them!

Date created: 2016-04-23 Name: T. Eidson
Location: Colorado

"Rheem air conditioners"
Rheem makes outstanding products and their distributors stand behind their contractors 100%. To those of you complaining about recent "coil issues" and "sticky valves", this is not because of the Rheem equipment. The installing contractor should be aware that the company who manufactures compressors for every major brand of equipment had an issue with gunk in the compressors. This gunk causes the txv to become sticky. The fix to this has been covered by every manufacturer and contractors are receiving a labor warranty to inject a solution into the system. This resolves the sticky issue. If a unit leaks soon after installation, this is an installation issue. Most comments on here are from an installation issue or the sticky valve. You should not base your decision on what brand to purchase based off a contractor failing to install the equipment properly. A great contractor would back the homeowner when there is an issue. I suggest finding a contractor with great reviews and one who has had a long standing relationship with the BBB. It never hurts to ask for references when you are unsure. A reference will inform you of their experience with the contractor and their thoughts on the equipment. The gunk issue in the compressors has been resolved for all new manufactured condensers.

Date created: 2016-04-04 Location: McKinney, Texas

"Great product back by great service"
I have owned the unit for 4 years. I enjoy how quietly it runs and the low cost of operation. I wish it was a bit smaller in size. I have not done any repairs to it. I would definitely buy another Rheem

Date created: 2016-04-04 Location: Barnegat, NJ

"Five years old and still running strong"
Five years ago my York central air conditioner failed during the hottest part of July. With a wife and three young children at home, it was imperative that we repair or replace it as soon as possible. After extensive online research I decided to purchase a replacement from Rheem Manufacturing Co. The new unit was installed without any glitches and has performed very well ever since it was installed. My home is 2,500 square feet and the unit has no trouble keeping the entire home cool during the hottest parts of the summer. I have noticed a 12% savings in my summer electric bill ever since it was installed which is a major improvement of the old York unit that we had. It has never required any repairs and continues to work as well today as it did when it was first installed. I would absolutely recommend this unit to anyone in need of a replacement central air conditioner.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>