Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

Date created: 2007-07-10 Name: L.Stange
Location: Yuba City, CA

Lack of response to 5 e-mails (2 to Rheem mfg., 3 to a local Rheem dealer), resulted in dead silence to a problem with the AC compressor which shuts off. Quality starts with public relations.

Date created: 2006-08-22 Years owned: 4

On 6 March 2002, I purchased a Rheem 12 Seer Air Conditioning Unit. Since thar time, I have had nothing but problems!!!!!!!!! I have had to have no less than 15 service calls to repair this unit. I am extremely angry. I have been sold a LEMON!!!!!!!!!! Please contact me, as I beleive that RHEEM should replace this unsatisfactory unit.

Date created: 2006-07-04 Years owned: 1

I purchased a new home in February 2005. During the negotiations, the seller revealed that the house needed a new central air conditioning system. I considered negotiating the sales price down and taking on the responsibility of putting in the new sysytem once I moved in. I had just researched HVAC systems for my previous residence and had purchased a Rheem gas pack so I was familiar with the brand and its reputation in the market. The seller stated that he planned to purchase a Rheem system so I felt confident I was getting a good product and decided to avoid the hassle of contracting out the work myself. When buying a new home, moving, etc...less stress is better, right? Not necessarily. Just last month, my 15 month old Rheem system "locked up". I called a reputable company that I had worked with in the past and they confirmed that my brand new air conditioning system needed a new compressor. Needless to say, I was more than a little dissappointed. While the Rheem unit was under warranty, the labor was not and since the unit was not purchased from this vendor there was little they could do to help with the price of the repair. The original quote to repair my "brand new air conditioner" was over $500. Not exactly what one would expect from a piece of equipment that should last 8 - 15 years. I can only hope this new compressor will live up to the reputation of quality and service that Rheem is known for. Until then, the jury is out.

Date created: 2006-06-25 Years owned: 4

Rheem does not back up their warranty. Better be sure and keep ALL your warranty papers for your system, we had to pay to replace ac unit and copper tubing and Rheem did not support us and would not help out when we needed it.