Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous91011121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2010-05-11 Name: Jason

"Time for a new Rheem"
We bought our house 5 years ago. It had a Rheem a/c unit installed in 1982. The unit works flawless as long as it has the correct amount of freon. It has a slow leak that started about 3 years ago. Our service guy said once it got over a pound a year we'd need to replace it. Well last summer it took 3 pounds. So we are replacing it before it gets too hot this year. I'd have to say that after reading these reviews it seems most of bad ones are due to leaks. Or possibly a bad installation. If you don't maintain your unit or have the proper amount of freon it will run like crap, maybe even burn up. I've learned to take every internet review with a grain of salt. There will always be good and bad reviews. People that have bad experiences are more likely to make sure their complaint is heard. People that have a good one won't think twice and just go on living. Well that's my 2 cents. We're going to buy a Rheem....

Date created: 2010-05-04 Name: Craig Johnson

"Very reliable"
I have a 13aj that I bought 3 years ago in a new subdivision and I couldn't be happier. Never an issue and never a problem, even while 3 of my neighbors who have Goodman, Carrier and Lennox have had lots of problems. Based on my experience, I would definitely recommend Rheem. It's like the Energizer Bunny, it just keeps going and going and going.

Date created: 2010-05-01 Name: Connie Bellerive
Location: Florida

"Rheem always broken"
I purchased a new Rheem air conditioning system last August. I live in Florida and our summers are very hot so I need a unit that cools well. This Rheem has broken down every few weeks and I have spent hot days and nights waiting for the technician. The first time it broke, it was three weeks old. I will never recommend Rheem to anyone. It is junk.

Date created: 2010-01-05 Name: Diaen Piazza

"Rheem A/C unit"
Purchased in June 2009. Had technician out 2 or 3 times for corrections. It is January now & the heat blows out cool not hot air. Technician will not be out for a few days cause he's too backed up with service calls. Will never buy another Rheem.

Date created: 2009-11-05 Name: Kent C.

"Reamed By Rheem"
Bought a new house in 1997 that came with a Rheem 4ton,Seer10, 5 yr warranty. At 5years, three months the compressor failed. Hoped Rheem would work with me since it failed so close to the end of the warranty. Their response was "no way". Will never buy a house or replace an a/c unit with a Rheem ever again.

Date created: 2009-10-22 Name: ED BAUER

"ED BAUER"
Unit has to be replaced condensor coil is breaking down. rheem blames location. offer no relief from company. thanks a lot.

Date created: 2009-10-20 Name: Terry Miller

"3yr old unit 8 service calls"
Bought the top of the line High Efficiency Rheem for house I had built. In 3 yrs had to replace compresser, freon elec etc. Each visit was charged a service call and cost for parts and freon etc. cost saveings for this green unit is nill. Several hundred dollars in service calls later would replace if I could afford too. In addition area reps are no help what so ever. eg compress bad [under warranty freon not.] would not lose gas if compress was good.

Date created: 2009-09-10 Name: trink

"Rheem"
This unit is a little over 4 years old we all of a sudden it's not cooling we called the people that installed it and was told it needed freon it seems the valve is leaking they charged us $240. to fill it with freon and want another $800. to fix the valve we might as well get a new unit . never ever will we install a rheem because thats just what it does to your wallet !!!

Date created: 2009-08-26 Name: Michael Scott

"NOT WORTH IT!!"
I bought the aja 13 Seer model just under 3 years ago. I purchased the a/c and Furnace at the same time. I have had nothing but problems ever since. The Air conditioner has stopped working on more than 6 occations and froze up in the middle of the summer. I just had to pay a service tech to come out again to repair the motor. This is the second Motor I have had put on in 1 years time. I would almost rather send this one back, and have my old Air Conditioner repaired as opposed to getting a Rheem that doesn't work, and cost me more money to own it than it did to buy it. Spend your money on another Brand that isn't going to cause you to sweat your family out of the house on during the dog days of summer 3 years in a row.

Date created: 2009-08-26 Name: W. Wellman

"Have things changed that much?"
19 years with only occasional servicing and runs like a champ. It was there when I moved in so who knows how old it really is? I guess they don't make them like they used to.

<< Previous91011121314151617181920212223Next >>