Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous89101112131415161718192021Next >>

Date created: 2009-11-05 Name: Kent C.

"Reamed By Rheem"
Bought a new house in 1997 that came with a Rheem 4ton,Seer10, 5 yr warranty. At 5years, three months the compressor failed. Hoped Rheem would work with me since it failed so close to the end of the warranty. Their response was "no way". Will never buy a house or replace an a/c unit with a Rheem ever again.

Date created: 2009-10-22 Name: ED BAUER

"ED BAUER"
Unit has to be replaced condensor coil is breaking down. rheem blames location. offer no relief from company. thanks a lot.

Date created: 2009-10-20 Name: Terry Miller

"3yr old unit 8 service calls"
Bought the top of the line High Efficiency Rheem for house I had built. In 3 yrs had to replace compresser, freon elec etc. Each visit was charged a service call and cost for parts and freon etc. cost saveings for this green unit is nill. Several hundred dollars in service calls later would replace if I could afford too. In addition area reps are no help what so ever. eg compress bad [under warranty freon not.] would not lose gas if compress was good.

Date created: 2009-09-10 Name: trink

"Rheem"
This unit is a little over 4 years old we all of a sudden it's not cooling we called the people that installed it and was told it needed freon it seems the valve is leaking they charged us $240. to fill it with freon and want another $800. to fix the valve we might as well get a new unit . never ever will we install a rheem because thats just what it does to your wallet !!!

Date created: 2009-08-26 Name: Michael Scott

"NOT WORTH IT!!"
I bought the aja 13 Seer model just under 3 years ago. I purchased the a/c and Furnace at the same time. I have had nothing but problems ever since. The Air conditioner has stopped working on more than 6 occations and froze up in the middle of the summer. I just had to pay a service tech to come out again to repair the motor. This is the second Motor I have had put on in 1 years time. I would almost rather send this one back, and have my old Air Conditioner repaired as opposed to getting a Rheem that doesn't work, and cost me more money to own it than it did to buy it. Spend your money on another Brand that isn't going to cause you to sweat your family out of the house on during the dog days of summer 3 years in a row.

Date created: 2009-08-26 Name: W. Wellman

"Have things changed that much?"
19 years with only occasional servicing and runs like a champ. It was there when I moved in so who knows how old it really is? I guess they don't make them like they used to.

Date created: 2009-08-23 Name: Jor Kovar

"Joe Kovar Jr"
We purchased our Rheem brand new in 1992 We have only done usual maintenance on it and it has never given us a problem Since the age of the unit is starting to worry us we are looking into another unit Of course it will be a Rheem The store where we bought it has gone out of business I would rate our Rheem with a 100 percent service and zero major maintenance cost

Date created: 2009-08-13 Name: Dennis Deihl

"Rheem air rebate"
Like many rebate offers, they always find a reason to deny paying. a missing number or a "t" not crossed. Abything to delay or not pay. This is the case with Rheem. Don't be fooled with this come-on.

Date created: 2009-08-10 Name: Tara Finnigan

"Rheem 2.5 ton 13 seer AC"
The unit worked fine until this year, after the coil was cleaned, we were advised the coil needed replacement for 1.5k. We are now considering replacing the unit with a more efficient model and different brand. Our unit was serviced twice a year, our initial expense was about 3K. Replacement is 3.5K. Not happy and feel we have been Rheemed.

Date created: 2009-08-07 Name: Sparky

"3 Ton Unit - too many problems"
Compressor failed 1 year out of warranty (had a 5 year warranty) $1700 to replace it. Heater failed in January when it was freezing cold outside (15f). Had to replace a pressure sensor. Just had tech fix ac for the 2nd time and now 12 hrs later it's not cooling and the outside unit is making a strange noise. It's 102f today and we're burning up. Disappointed with Rheem, won't ever get another!

<< Previous89101112131415161718192021Next >>