Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous89101112131415161718192021Next >>

Date created: 2009-08-26 Name: Michael Scott

"NOT WORTH IT!!"
I bought the aja 13 Seer model just under 3 years ago. I purchased the a/c and Furnace at the same time. I have had nothing but problems ever since. The Air conditioner has stopped working on more than 6 occations and froze up in the middle of the summer. I just had to pay a service tech to come out again to repair the motor. This is the second Motor I have had put on in 1 years time. I would almost rather send this one back, and have my old Air Conditioner repaired as opposed to getting a Rheem that doesn't work, and cost me more money to own it than it did to buy it. Spend your money on another Brand that isn't going to cause you to sweat your family out of the house on during the dog days of summer 3 years in a row.

Date created: 2009-08-26 Name: W. Wellman

"Have things changed that much?"
19 years with only occasional servicing and runs like a champ. It was there when I moved in so who knows how old it really is? I guess they don't make them like they used to.

Date created: 2009-08-23 Name: Jor Kovar

"Joe Kovar Jr"
We purchased our Rheem brand new in 1992 We have only done usual maintenance on it and it has never given us a problem Since the age of the unit is starting to worry us we are looking into another unit Of course it will be a Rheem The store where we bought it has gone out of business I would rate our Rheem with a 100 percent service and zero major maintenance cost

Date created: 2009-08-13 Name: Dennis Deihl

"Rheem air rebate"
Like many rebate offers, they always find a reason to deny paying. a missing number or a "t" not crossed. Abything to delay or not pay. This is the case with Rheem. Don't be fooled with this come-on.

Date created: 2009-08-10 Name: Tara Finnigan

"Rheem 2.5 ton 13 seer AC"
The unit worked fine until this year, after the coil was cleaned, we were advised the coil needed replacement for 1.5k. We are now considering replacing the unit with a more efficient model and different brand. Our unit was serviced twice a year, our initial expense was about 3K. Replacement is 3.5K. Not happy and feel we have been Rheemed.

Date created: 2009-08-07 Name: Sparky

"3 Ton Unit - too many problems"
Compressor failed 1 year out of warranty (had a 5 year warranty) $1700 to replace it. Heater failed in January when it was freezing cold outside (15f). Had to replace a pressure sensor. Just had tech fix ac for the 2nd time and now 12 hrs later it's not cooling and the outside unit is making a strange noise. It's 102f today and we're burning up. Disappointed with Rheem, won't ever get another!

Date created: 2009-08-06 Name: M Murdoch

"Just my experience"
A Classic x (10) was installed many years ago, 18 I think and I have not had a single problem with the unit. It's a 2.5 ton that has performed admirably. We are now considering a newer more energy effecient unit but with all the complaining going on about every make I think I may just wait until this one stops working. I replaced our furnace 9 years ago (York to a Keeprite) York 22 yrs old no problems. Keeprite is a mid- effeciency and again no problems. I can also state that they were never pampered with twice yearly or sometimes even yearly service calls.

Date created: 2009-08-05 Name: S. Cox

"Rheem AC Unit"
I have had my Central Air Unit fan replaced 3 times since purchacing my brand new home because of a irritating loud noise it makes when it is running! I am spending too much money to have someone come out to my house to just look at it and then charge me more money to "try" and fix the problem which is still not fixed. I think the Unit itself is bad and needs to be replaced... especially if it's a 2 year old unit! Your Rheem commercial insinuates that your units are the best, reliable, and quiet units on the market. Im not seeing or hearing any good results!

Date created: 2009-07-27 Name: S. Slaboda

"Rheem is great"
Some reviews would scare me but I have had a 5 ton Rheem 12 seer for over 12 years and no problems. I plan to upgrade to a 16 seer Rheem very soon. I did a two things right - I found a company that installed the system properly. I also have the system checked twice a year at a very low cost.

Date created: 2009-07-27 Name: A in Fresno

"Rheem 3 ton"
Three ton unit, Circuit board burned out six months ago. Now capacitor and motor are shot. Another grand down the drain.

<< Previous89101112131415161718192021Next >>