Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-01-15 Name: Joseph
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

"So. Tx. Angler"
As I write, I am looking over a proposal to replace my 3ton 1990 Rheem (IX seer) units. I have owned my equiptment for at least 15 years or more. The only problems I have ever had are the contacts (points) going out maybe 2 or 3 times and the fan had to be replaced about two years ago. Just like my TVs I will not change. In fact, the $4500.00 proposal I have in hand right now is for the installation of a 3 ton RUDD, both the inside and outside units. I just called the contractor and requested a Rheem. He said "no problem". No price difference either.

Date created: 2008-12-15 Name: tlc
Location: San Diego, CA

"Terrible system"
We have a Rheem AC/Furnace system installed the summer of 06. I originally was going to get a Trane because of name recognition, but the contractor talked me into a Rheem saying that it's quieter and fits better with our space so I took his advice. There have been nothing but problems. Being in San Diego, we need to use the system only now and then. However, every time we turned it on, it would not work, whether it's ac or heat. Service calls followed. They contractor would come out and fix it and there will be something else the next time. Now I wish I'd gone with a Trane because it can't be worse than this.

Date created: 2008-11-26 Name: Okie contractor
Location: Oklahoma

"Just an ol Okie"
This is the best by far the most quality you could buy for dollar per dollar on any brand of equiptment. I am a licensed contractor here in Oklahoma. I have sold Trane, worked on lots and lots and lots of Trane and lennox units. Don't care what they say about them. To me they are only major names and that is all!!. Rheem units are the very best but you can take it for what it is my opinion.

Date created: 2008-10-16 Name: Paula See
Location: Barrington, Illinois

"Need repair"
Could someone please contact me about an air conditioner. I have questions regarding a representative in our area. Barrington Illinois

Date created: 2008-09-14 Name: F Jones
Location: Orange Park, FL

"Ms"
Worst one ever owned, has been trouble with one thing then another since we installed it. And yes it was done professionally.

Date created: 2008-09-06 Name: Coty Garrido
Location: Miami

"Just bought it in April 08"
Not even a year and compressor burned out

Date created: 2008-09-03 Name: Patel Amrat
Location: Orlando, FL

"Patel Andy"
I am very unsatisfied. I have two units in my house. Installed in 2001.One unit had a gas leak in indoor coilís we replaced it. Now I have a leak in another unit ,again I have to spend money. Raheem product are so bad, cost repairs in a few years. Do not buy Raheem A/C.

Date created: 2008-08-21 Name: Ken Stromberg
Location: San Diego, CA

"My Rheem is Great!!!"
I have two Rheem air conditioning systems in my San Diego house - one for the first floor and one in the attic for the 2nd floor. I have saved so much money with this approach, (zone air conditioning) and both systems operate perfectly. One of them is ultra quiet - so you don't hear the air conditioning at all in our back courtyard. My local dealer in San Diego was Carini Heating and Air Conditioning, 619-843-0997; www.cariniair.com I highly recommend both Rheem and Carini Air!

Date created: 2008-08-10 Name: K.C
Location: Orlando

"New Rheem is leaking"
Was just installed last month...has leaked all over my upstairs bedroom...not happy at all with Rheem plus the unit outside is too loud. Pay the extra money and get a Trane.

Date created: 2008-07-20 Name: Henry
Location: Northern Kentucky

"Old reliable"
I bought a Rheem scroll compressor 3-ton, 10 seer split system in 1999 to replace a York 3-ton 8 seer conventional compressor that failed when a technician reconnected it incorrectly after it had been removed for some foundation work. The Rheem has been a solid performer and delivered reliable, economical cooling for 9 seasons. I've read about the people with problems and I really think it comes down to installer competence and homeowner oversight. Also I wonder if some of these systems are over- or undersized. You have to stand there and watch the installer pull a vacuum on the lines for 45-60 minutes before they open the refrigerant valves. That's the only way to ensure that the moisture is removed from the lines. I say something like "How long you gonna pull vacuum on it?" So they understand you're no dummy. You also have to insist on having a decent-sized dryer installed to collect any moisture that may have been missed. Also avoid the quick-connects and insist on all copper brazed connections. a dry, fully sealed system should last virtually forever.