Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-05-23 Name: Sheila

"Terrible"
My house was built in late 2005, and we bought it in the spring of 2006. It has two air/heating units. One of these units needed repairs last year. Today the repairman told me the compressor is shot. It looks like it is under warranty but, of course, the service call comes out of my pocket. I will never own another Rheem. If I move, I will never buy a house which has Rheem equipment.

Date created: 2009-05-21 Name: M. Rullo

"Rheem gas furnace and central air conditioning"
I will never buy a rheem again! I have had problems every year with both the heat and air conditioning.

Date created: 2009-05-06 Name: barbara jolliff

" an ol rheemer"
Original owner. been with this old unit for 20 years. minimal problems, few pieces and parts replaced.....damn thing still runs!. Will be installing new rheem in a few weeks. finally!!!. Kinda bonded with this unit and will miss it. looking foward to saving much on much $ more efficient unit. ps...anyone out there interested in a 20 year old rheem that still runs????. it's free, come and pick it up.

Date created: 2009-04-30 Name: RHEEM

"As bad as it gets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I bought a brand new home in 2006. It had 2 separate air conditioning units made by rheem. The first compressor on the second floor blew after year 1!!!!! The entire unit had to be replaced. The next year, my neighbor, who, by the way, moved into her brand new house less than 6 months earlier than we did, replaced her rheem compressor. This year our unit on the first floor has leaked out all of the refrigerant and we have been informed by this hvac guy that our first floor unit must have had the compressor replaced prior to us moving in, and may be compromised. In 3 years, I have incurred over $3000.00 in repair bills. You would be better off throwing your money out the window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2009-03-06 Name: Anonymous
Location: Kentucky

"Hate my rheem!"
We built our home and had two rheem units installed-they both tear up and become non-functional constantly. We have had to replace three compressors- sure the part is under warrantly-but not the $450 service bill. Right now-one of my outside units in non-functional and heating in emergency heat only and the second sounds like its getting ready to fall apart. Would not recommend purchasing this brand.

Date created: 2009-01-15 Name: Joseph
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

"So. Tx. Angler"
As I write, I am looking over a proposal to replace my 3ton 1990 Rheem (IX seer) units. I have owned my equiptment for at least 15 years or more. The only problems I have ever had are the contacts (points) going out maybe 2 or 3 times and the fan had to be replaced about two years ago. Just like my TVs I will not change. In fact, the $4500.00 proposal I have in hand right now is for the installation of a 3 ton RUDD, both the inside and outside units. I just called the contractor and requested a Rheem. He said "no problem". No price difference either.

Date created: 2008-12-15 Name: tlc
Location: San Diego, CA

"Terrible system"
We have a Rheem AC/Furnace system installed the summer of 06. I originally was going to get a Trane because of name recognition, but the contractor talked me into a Rheem saying that it's quieter and fits better with our space so I took his advice. There have been nothing but problems. Being in San Diego, we need to use the system only now and then. However, every time we turned it on, it would not work, whether it's ac or heat. Service calls followed. They contractor would come out and fix it and there will be something else the next time. Now I wish I'd gone with a Trane because it can't be worse than this.

Date created: 2008-11-26 Name: Okie contractor
Location: Oklahoma

"Just an ol Okie"
This is the best by far the most quality you could buy for dollar per dollar on any brand of equiptment. I am a licensed contractor here in Oklahoma. I have sold Trane, worked on lots and lots and lots of Trane and lennox units. Don't care what they say about them. To me they are only major names and that is all!!. Rheem units are the very best but you can take it for what it is my opinion.

Date created: 2008-10-16 Name: Paula See
Location: Barrington, Illinois

"Need repair"
Could someone please contact me about an air conditioner. I have questions regarding a representative in our area. Barrington Illinois

Date created: 2008-09-14 Name: F Jones
Location: Orange Park, FL

"Ms"
Worst one ever owned, has been trouble with one thing then another since we installed it. And yes it was done professionally.