Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous678910111213141516171819202122Next >>

Date created: 2010-09-09 Name: Juli
Location: Columbus Ga

"Not happy with Ac unit"
This is r 3rd rheem unit we have had the first on the home we bought 8 yrs ago then replaced it when we remodled r house a yr went by and the compersser went in it thank god it was under warenty, then the thinhg froze up and found out we had to have freon put in, we sold that home just bought this one almost 4 months ago had a home inspection said nothing was wrong withe the ac, now 3 days ago the house just was not cooling down went into the attic today and found ice on the unit , went to the outside unit and ice was there as well. so now hvae the house all opened up no ac and I live in GA. And it's really hot and now I dont know if the ac guy is going to call me back or not, and need be I will never ever have another rheem unit again.

Date created: 2010-09-08 Name: M. Thomas
Location: Ocala, Florida

If I had check with this site before I bought a Rheem I never would have purchased one. Spent alot of money on a 4 ton heat pump unit and its a piece of junk, rheem doesn't want to hear that the unit I purchased is defective. They won't even send a person who works only on Rheems to come and look at it. It's all in my head and I am a Problem Customer" My advise to anyone thinking of purchasing a rheem is please think again, do your homework or be ready for the worse.

Date created: 2010-09-03 Name: Michael

"16 Seer 2 Phase Prestige Gold Series"
My electric bill was reduced by 200 a month. The 2 Phase indoor and outdoor unit is the reason runs at 60% power unless you really turn down or up on the thermostat. You greatly tell the difference of the full power or reduced! I would certainly reccommend these units

Date created: 2010-09-02 Name: Chillin' in MN
Location: Mid Minnesota

"Early 90's unit runs like a champ!"
Bought a 2.5 ton unit as a scratch-n-dent back in ~1993 and had an HVAC buddy install it. Been running like a champ ever since and I've done absolutely squat to it other than pop the top, vacuum out any small leaves and debris, then hose it out from the inside out once/twice a year. Generally used for several days at a time, from mid June through mid September. May not be as efficient as newer models, or blow quite as cold as on day one, but the price was right and minimal maintenance even better. No knowledge of whether new Rheem units are as tight.

Date created: 2010-08-18 Name: Gregg A.

"Rheem "N" coil"
Well, The Rheem unit is now gone. but here is what I can say about it. 1. the "N" coil when it works draws a huge amount of moisture out of the air. As I said , when it works, the first coil only cooled 60% of the coil and would not cool the 1800ft house. The Second "N" coil worked really great, an icy dry cold....that lasted a week!!!, then the coil stopped working at 100% and went to around 50%....Manufacturing defect or not...Rheem caused me great discomfort in numerous ways. 2. The Fan blower in the furnace was so loud I could hardly hear the TV..LOL 3. the brand new condenser and compressor were very loud.

Date created: 2010-08-12 Name: B. Edward

"Most issues are workmanship"
I have a rheem ac that is 9 years old and running strong. It is a builders model unit, which are louder than a higher effiecent unit, which is common for all brands. I have been a hvac tech for 18 years, 90% of these reviews are workmanship issues that every brand will have from the installation company. When you pay more for a system, you are likely to get better workmanship, that's because most higher priced companies provide training to their people. If you bought cheap, no training, poor installation workmanship. Installers are practicing how to install a system at your house. This is a nationwide fact, no specific area. I have seen all brands and different workmanship, I favor no brand, most are ok as long as the company provides at least 100-150 hours of training.

Date created: 2010-08-07 Name: d.rogers

"Installed wrong"
I have installed units for 35 years. home owners gripe about units when it is the fool that installed it that is the problem. D.

Date created: 2010-08-04 Name: Caper House

"NEVER BUY RHEEM - WORST THING EVER"
I had a complete unit installed less then 2 yrs ago. It already had a broken fan, plus no freon. Cost of repair almost $300.00 in labor. The old unit was running smooth for 10 years. Never had a problem until I was forced by the hoa to exchange the unit to meet new building codes once the roof was repaired. Of course, the old unit was not a Rheem. This garbage does not last. Do not buy Rheem. Do not buy Rheem. Do not buy Rheem. Do not buy Rheem. Unfortunately, this is the only thing I can do, after trusting the contractor. Tell you, do not buy Rheem.

Date created: 2010-08-02 Name: J. Smith
Location: FL

"Considering a Rheem"
I live in Fl. where it gets unbearably hot and I am in the process of replacing my current Trane air conditioner that has a leak at the base of the coil and can't be fixed but also can't be replaced because they no longer make the coil. The unit is almost 10 years old. In reading all these Rheem reviews, it seems that anyone who had a Rheem installed several years ago got a great unit but anyone who had a Rheem installed within the last couple years got a piece of crap. As a consumer, that just leads me to believe that they have sacrificed the quality of the product in order to gain more profit. I am now seriously consider another brand.

Date created: 2010-07-21 Name: Gayla Ray

"Noisy, compressor"
Purchased Fall '09. As soon as turned on a/c, the noise from the compressor kicking on/off is so loud I have contemplated moving to another bedroom. Haven't gotten any satisfaction from installer. Wish I had my old unit back. I hate this thing!

<< Previous678910111213141516171819202122Next >>