Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous6789101112131415161718192021Next >>

Date created: 2010-08-07 Name: d.rogers

"Installed wrong"
I have installed units for 35 years. home owners gripe about units when it is the fool that installed it that is the problem. D.

Date created: 2010-08-04 Name: Caper House

"NEVER BUY RHEEM - WORST THING EVER"
I had a complete unit installed less then 2 yrs ago. It already had a broken fan, plus no freon. Cost of repair almost $300.00 in labor. The old unit was running smooth for 10 years. Never had a problem until I was forced by the hoa to exchange the unit to meet new building codes once the roof was repaired. Of course, the old unit was not a Rheem. This garbage does not last. Do not buy Rheem. Do not buy Rheem. Do not buy Rheem. Do not buy Rheem. Unfortunately, this is the only thing I can do, after trusting the contractor. Tell you, do not buy Rheem.

Date created: 2010-08-02 Name: J. Smith
Location: FL

"Considering a Rheem"
I live in Fl. where it gets unbearably hot and I am in the process of replacing my current Trane air conditioner that has a leak at the base of the coil and can't be fixed but also can't be replaced because they no longer make the coil. The unit is almost 10 years old. In reading all these Rheem reviews, it seems that anyone who had a Rheem installed several years ago got a great unit but anyone who had a Rheem installed within the last couple years got a piece of crap. As a consumer, that just leads me to believe that they have sacrificed the quality of the product in order to gain more profit. I am now seriously consider another brand.

Date created: 2010-07-21 Name: Gayla Ray

"Noisy, compressor"
Purchased Fall '09. As soon as turned on a/c, the noise from the compressor kicking on/off is so loud I have contemplated moving to another bedroom. Haven't gotten any satisfaction from installer. Wish I had my old unit back. I hate this thing!

Date created: 2010-07-19 Name: R. Lehman
Location: NH

"Worked well for me"
Our nh house was built in 1987. We've owned the house since 1991. Our Rheem High Efficiency split ac has worked flawlessly. Never have had a repair done to the unit. Three years ago, we started to experience evaporator coil ice up, possibly due to low r-22. This generally occurred under high humidity conditions. However, this year the evaporator pan has started leaking. Rather than simply replacing the evaporator coils, I will upgrade to a higher efficiency unit.

Date created: 2010-07-06 Name: M. Cruit

"got Rheemed too"
Bought and had this unit installed about a year ago. The company that installed it went out of business. Had a tech over to service the unit; it was nearly out of refrigerant, but the tech couldn't find a leak. Tech charged the unit and said he could not guarantee the work since he didn't repair a leak. WTF? Can anybody just build shit that works?

Date created: 2010-07-05 Name: L. Vinson

"RETIRED"
4 ton air/propane package unit, replaced both fan motors, a starting compastor. Added some freon 1 time. It's cooling now. It's 90 outside, 72 inside. The furnace part was not very good. It used too much gas. I got an outside hardy wood furnace 10 yrs ago to heat. I use the package unit to blow air through the hot water coil from the wood furnace. It works great. It is time to replace the 37 year old package unit. The case is rusting away. I am going to replace it with a Rheem package unit heat pump.

Date created: 2010-06-28 Name: Peter Glendon

"I found Rheem to be very reliable"
11 years with a Rheem air conditioner and never the slightest problem. That's a perfect unit in my book.

Date created: 2010-06-17 Name: D. Barnes

"Warranty is next to useless"
4 ton unit came with our new house. Week before Memorial Day, it started blowing hot air. Techs at Cordova HVAC were quick to arrive and found a bad valve and leak in inside coil. Great! It's under 10 year warranty. Yeah, if they can find a coil!! Originally, told Rheem would have one on the 11th, 3 weeks. Now it's the 28th, 5 weeks. Oh, and $600+ to repair. Options are freon and a valve, plus repair = ~$1000, or a 'better adt' coil = $1200. All this during heat indexes running 105+. Their warranty is not worth the paper it's written on. There is no excuse not to have parts available on a 3 yo unit. They suck. Don't waste your money on this outfit.

Date created: 2010-06-15 Name: Jay Garrett

"Rheem"
I hate this unit. I bought this unit in May of 09. It has been problem after problem. All winter, the unit would freeze up. I had the guy I bought it from work on it several times during the winter. Spring time started coming so I don't know if it is fixed or not. The heat of summer has come and it only cools my house to 83 degrees. Piece of junk. Wish I bought something different.

<< Previous6789101112131415161718192021Next >>