Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous5678910111213141516171819202122Next >>

Date created: 2010-10-25 Name: Top Gunner NCO
Location: Miami

"Rheem"
The unit has provided me with over 4 year of hassile free cooling, its a shame that I am upgrading, but I do not want to push the envelope. the unit was manufactured in 1986.

Date created: 2010-10-22 Name: s kirk
Location: Terrebonne, Or

"Piece of junk"
Just recieved a bill for labor to replace the compressor in a Rheem heat pump. The unit is about 1 1/2 years old. and so far the equlizer tube had broken twice, the txv valve has had to be replaced, and the compressor has been replaced. In a year and a half the unit has yet to work corectly for three straight months.

Date created: 2010-10-18 Name: FlordiaMan
Location: Boca Raton

"17 years old and still works"
I have a 1993 Rheem Classic xii - 17 years and it still works great but is starting to fall apart. It has had minimal repairs.

Date created: 2010-10-13 Name: M Fesser
Location: West Palm Beach, Fl

"So far so good"
Purchased a Rheem 3 ton system with 16 seer rating in order to qualify for tax credit and am surprised how much it reduced electric bills so far. First months bill for July was over 40% less than June bill and July bill from 2009.August bill just under 45% less than August of 2009. I had purchased yearly maintainance contract for 10 year old Janitrol unit which was the unit installed in new construction 1999. I tried to extend the life of this unit as long as possible, but freon leaks and deterioration of coil made it unreliable and unit struggled to keep house cool in the hottest months of South Florida heat. Rheem outdoor unit is so quiet, the neighbors units drown out the sound of my unit. I am loving the savings and the Rheem unit......so far.

Date created: 2010-10-12 Name: Ken W
Location: Palm City, Florida

"DO YOUR DUE DILIGANCE!"
I spent 3 days studying AC. 1. Very few AC installers know how to install properly, and poorly installed units will cause problems. 2. Almost none of the companies know how to properly size a unit for your house. Read Air Conditioner Contractors of America studies - 53% get too big a unit and BIGGER IS NOT BETTER! (a too big unit cycles too often, does not properly remove humidity, causes problems). The 500 sq ft = 1 ton is way too simple. 3. All the name brands are OK if installed properly. Look for a knowledgeable installer and repairer, and good warranty. My 11 year old Rheem works just fine, but I will replace to get the tax credit.

Date created: 2010-10-11 Name: Jose
Location: Miami, FL

"Rheem customer"
We have that AC since we bought the house, 9 years ago. We are very satisfied and never had a complain. I paid somebody to clean it once and it wasn't too dirty. I'm going to exchange it for a newer one because we made some addition to the house and need a bigger one.

Date created: 2010-10-06 Name: Mike B
Location: RI

"2.5 ton w / larger blower unit"
Had a difficult custom job done on a my Cape home. Worked out extremely well. The Central Unit covers the 1900 square ft main house (We have an 2 story addition 900 sq ft that has a seperate ductless system). We basically got a blower designed for 3-4 ton units and dropped 9 supplies over 3 floors to achieve it. Even on the 103 degree day, the house stayed at 75 degrees. Basically, unless the unit actually breaks or isnt working, most problems are the result of poor design and installation. Not saying Rheem is better than other units, just that the units themselves are probably not the issue for most of the people here.

Date created: 2010-09-29 Name: C. Pollard
Location: Winfield, Alabama

"My ac"
My rheem ac has a hard time of keeping up in our long hot Alabama summers. I have to set it low in the mornings to get the house cool, if not it has a hard time of keeping up in the afternoon hours.

Date created: 2010-09-22 Name: tumolt
Location: Florida

"GARBAGE"
My 2 1/2 ton new central air conditioning system was a little over 1 year old and out of full warranty when the computer control and air handler fan motor went out. The parts were free but the labor was $300. My A/C repairman told me that Rheem and other companies buy the same junk for their AC systems. Let the buyer beware. Rheem and other companies that buy the same components will cost you money way before the money you supposedly save on a new high effieciency A/C system. The problem is far reaching so do your homework and asked AC repairmen what systems the past 3 years hold up and rarely require repairs. Don't ask a salesman. Get at least 10 opinions and make sure they are on newer units. Some manufacturers are cheapening up on quality components. Get a contractor that will give you at least a 5 year warranty on parts and labor at no additional cost and you'll save not only on electric but repairs.

Date created: 2010-09-18 Name: Sarah Kimmel
Location: Lehi, UT

"Quiet 80"
Our AC is very loud, and will continue running after it has reached it's set temp. It also trips our breaker all the time.

<< Previous5678910111213141516171819202122Next >>