Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021Next >>

Date created: 2010-10-06 Name: Mike B
Location: RI

"2.5 ton w / larger blower unit"
Had a difficult custom job done on a my Cape home. Worked out extremely well. The Central Unit covers the 1900 square ft main house (We have an 2 story addition 900 sq ft that has a seperate ductless system). We basically got a blower designed for 3-4 ton units and dropped 9 supplies over 3 floors to achieve it. Even on the 103 degree day, the house stayed at 75 degrees. Basically, unless the unit actually breaks or isnt working, most problems are the result of poor design and installation. Not saying Rheem is better than other units, just that the units themselves are probably not the issue for most of the people here.

Date created: 2010-09-29 Name: C. Pollard
Location: Winfield, Alabama

"My ac"
My rheem ac has a hard time of keeping up in our long hot Alabama summers. I have to set it low in the mornings to get the house cool, if not it has a hard time of keeping up in the afternoon hours.

Date created: 2010-09-22 Name: tumolt
Location: Florida

"GARBAGE"
My 2 1/2 ton new central air conditioning system was a little over 1 year old and out of full warranty when the computer control and air handler fan motor went out. The parts were free but the labor was $300. My A/C repairman told me that Rheem and other companies buy the same junk for their AC systems. Let the buyer beware. Rheem and other companies that buy the same components will cost you money way before the money you supposedly save on a new high effieciency A/C system. The problem is far reaching so do your homework and asked AC repairmen what systems the past 3 years hold up and rarely require repairs. Don't ask a salesman. Get at least 10 opinions and make sure they are on newer units. Some manufacturers are cheapening up on quality components. Get a contractor that will give you at least a 5 year warranty on parts and labor at no additional cost and you'll save not only on electric but repairs.

Date created: 2010-09-18 Name: Sarah Kimmel
Location: Lehi, UT

"Quiet 80"
Our AC is very loud, and will continue running after it has reached it's set temp. It also trips our breaker all the time.

Date created: 2010-09-09 Name: Juli
Location: Columbus Ga

"Not happy with Ac unit"
This is r 3rd rheem unit we have had the first on the home we bought 8 yrs ago then replaced it when we remodled r house a yr went by and the compersser went in it thank god it was under warenty, then the thinhg froze up and found out we had to have freon put in, we sold that home just bought this one almost 4 months ago had a home inspection said nothing was wrong withe the ac, now 3 days ago the house just was not cooling down went into the attic today and found ice on the unit , went to the outside unit and ice was there as well. so now hvae the house all opened up no ac and I live in GA. And it's really hot and now I dont know if the ac guy is going to call me back or not, and need be I will never ever have another rheem unit again.

Date created: 2010-09-08 Name: M. Thomas
Location: Ocala, Florida

If I had check with this site before I bought a Rheem I never would have purchased one. Spent alot of money on a 4 ton heat pump unit and its a piece of junk, rheem doesn't want to hear that the unit I purchased is defective. They won't even send a person who works only on Rheems to come and look at it. It's all in my head and I am a Problem Customer" My advise to anyone thinking of purchasing a rheem is please think again, do your homework or be ready for the worse.

Date created: 2010-09-03 Name: Michael

"16 Seer 2 Phase Prestige Gold Series"
My electric bill was reduced by 200 a month. The 2 Phase indoor and outdoor unit is the reason runs at 60% power unless you really turn down or up on the thermostat. You greatly tell the difference of the full power or reduced! I would certainly reccommend these units

Date created: 2010-09-02 Name: Chillin' in MN
Location: Mid Minnesota

"Early 90's unit runs like a champ!"
Bought a 2.5 ton unit as a scratch-n-dent back in ~1993 and had an HVAC buddy install it. Been running like a champ ever since and I've done absolutely squat to it other than pop the top, vacuum out any small leaves and debris, then hose it out from the inside out once/twice a year. Generally used for several days at a time, from mid June through mid September. May not be as efficient as newer models, or blow quite as cold as on day one, but the price was right and minimal maintenance even better. No knowledge of whether new Rheem units are as tight.

Date created: 2010-08-18 Name: Gregg A.

"Rheem "N" coil"
Well, The Rheem unit is now gone. but here is what I can say about it. 1. the "N" coil when it works draws a huge amount of moisture out of the air. As I said , when it works, the first coil only cooled 60% of the coil and would not cool the 1800ft house. The Second "N" coil worked really great, an icy dry cold....that lasted a week!!!, then the coil stopped working at 100% and went to around 50%....Manufacturing defect or not...Rheem caused me great discomfort in numerous ways. 2. The Fan blower in the furnace was so loud I could hardly hear the TV..LOL 3. the brand new condenser and compressor were very loud.

Date created: 2010-08-12 Name: B. Edward

"Most issues are workmanship"
I have a rheem ac that is 9 years old and running strong. It is a builders model unit, which are louder than a higher effiecent unit, which is common for all brands. I have been a hvac tech for 18 years, 90% of these reviews are workmanship issues that every brand will have from the installation company. When you pay more for a system, you are likely to get better workmanship, that's because most higher priced companies provide training to their people. If you bought cheap, no training, poor installation workmanship. Installers are practicing how to install a system at your house. This is a nationwide fact, no specific area. I have seen all brands and different workmanship, I favor no brand, most are ok as long as the company provides at least 100-150 hours of training.

<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021Next >>