Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>

Date created: 2011-12-02 Location: West Palm Beach, FL

"My Rheem Keeps Me Cool"
I've had my Rheem air conditioner about a year now and it is an upgrade indeed this summer. I live in South Florida and I put an air conditioner through its paces almost all year round! It cools the house efficiently and quickly and despite the fact that it is a larger A/C unit than my last one, it is efficient enough in how it uses energy that I have not seen a large jump in my energy bill.

Date created: 2011-11-12 Name: L. Storm

"Service of ac"
New home with new ac Rheem RHLL-HM4821JA unit and less than 1-1/2 year old cost over $500 for repairs to air handler. Keeping in mind contractors always put the least expensive units into new home construction. I would still expect a longer life span than 1-1/2 years. So a word to the wise, you get what you pay for, so pay a little extra and get a quality product and definitely not a Rheem product.

Date created: 2011-10-23 Name: R. Sterling

"Noisy AC"
This is the noisiest compressor ever! This unit sits outside my bedroom and I have been unable to sleep through the night for months. It wakes me up every time it kicks on because the compressor makes a loud clanging noise. We have been fighting with the dealer for months to replace this unit that is under warranty. My advice is to not buy any rheem product.

Date created: 2011-10-08 Name: homeowner
Location: Midwest

"Do Not Buy Rheem Products Online; Warranty Will Not Apply"
I never owned a Rheem and I have no complaint. I just want to get the word out that before buying any cooling or heating systems/components online including ebay you must read the original warranty from the manufacturer. Many now state in their exceptions if it is bought online the warranty is invalid. Some warranties are available to view online at the manufacturer's websites. Comfortmaker, Rheem and Coleman all have warranties that are null and void if unit bought online.

Date created: 2011-10-06 Name: cindy hess
Location: mckenzie, tn

"BLOWER MOTOR"
Bought a Rheem rqnabo48jk unit when we built our new house. Five year warranty. Well its been 5 years 2 month and had to replace the blower fan motor. $400 for the motor they won't replace it because it was 2 months over the warranty. Sad when its all about the greed in the money we can make on the people. Buy the cheaper materials knowing they won't last and replace the new one in hopes it goes out after another 5 years.

Date created: 2011-09-21 Name: E. Bokenkamp
Location: Birmingham, AL

"3-ton condensing unit"
In 13 years of service I only had to replace two run capacitors, and last year I had to replace a fan motor. The outside unit (compressor) is still running fine, but I needed to replace the entire split system due to a freon leak in the evaporator coil, which is 21 years old. I have no complaints with my Rheem unit and got the service I expected. Receiving good service out of a unit is having it installed initially by a well known, reputable contractor and then having regular maintenance performed.

Date created: 2011-09-12 Name: D. Petrich
Location: Boca Raton, FL

"Worst Unit and Company EVER"
Don't ever purchase a rheem. Have owned this unit and have had problems with it since year one. Do not use All Comfort Air in Boca either. The owner, Larry could care less about your comfort. We've already dumped over $500 in service calls this year $260 in the last 3 months alone. My unit will start to go up in temperature at any point in the given day. At which I have to turn it off for an hour or so and hope that it then cools down. If not, I have to do this all over again. The one time I called Rheem Manufacturer in Atlanta the customer service representative has a totally scripted speech which she kept regurgitating. Then some loud mouth "supervisor" gets on and starts yelling at me. I have a 5 Seer unit and nobody seems to give a darn that this unit has never worked properly. In hindsight, my old Carrier was ugly but never had a problem with it in over 10 years.

Date created: 2011-09-02 Name: L.C.
Location: Charleston, SC

"Tenured individual with Rheem background"
Most complaints noted below sound like installation issues. Rheem has been ranked #1 by consumer reports as far as reliability, especially in regards to its furnaces. For your money you will not find a better system. Minus general component issues that are outside a manufacturers control, they are a unit intended for the long haul. Also, they are one of the few manufacturers that tries to head off any discovered defects before it gets in the hands of the end user. Bi-annual maintenance and front end research on the installing contractor will make all the difference in the world, no matter what system you choose. Investing in an hvac system should have no less due diligence than buying a car, taking on a mortgage or sending your child off to college. It is a major expense! Have faith in a respectable contractor and if they offer a Rheem feel lucky!

Date created: 2011-08-15 Name: Laura Barreiro
Location: Coconut Creek, Florida

"Struggling to feel cool at a great expense"
December 2010 purchased two top of the line Rheem units from Mercury Masters in Pompano Beach, Florida a 2 ton & 4 ton variable speed. Hate it! It has been one problem after another on each unit. Most annoying problem is the humidity. The units seem to cool but, never enough the house never feels comfortable even with the humidity control thermostats. The thermostat reads 42% humidity but, the house feels like 75% and damp. The volume of air flow from vents are very low. Never had these issues before. No one seems to be able to figure it out or help. Mercury Masters owner Randy Ricker has walked away from this matter after charging a whopping $ 11,600.00 for these systems. Buyer beware!

Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: Steve
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL

"Rheem-Customer Service Terrible"
Purchased Complete Brand New Rheem ac system in 2008. In 2009 the ac stopped working. Suddenly, I called the company that installed and that I bought equipment from. The Tech came out and diagnosed the problem in 30 seconds (bad breaker inside Air Handler), the tech said, "oh this is a huge problem" and we have contacted Rheem several times. $200 Dollar service call and new breaker (same model). Year to the day later (2010) the ac goes out, call company they send a tech (different person this time) and he immediately says "oh, I'll guarantee you the problem is the breaker inside the air handler and sure enough same problem." This tech also told me "don't turn on the heat" because that will immediately fry the breaker. WTF paid $3,000 grand for new AC/Heat unit and have tell the wife don't dare touch the heat. Thank God we live in South Florida so not a huge issue, completely ludicrous, insane nonsense, but not a huge issue. Now its 2011 and you guessed it, ac went out yesterday and the third different Tech showed up and said "bet you have a bad breaker in air handler unit." By this time I was really upset and the ac company told that sold and installed said I had to take it up with Rheem, so I called their customer service today and absolutely no help, said they have never heard of the issue. I did some investigation on my own in some General/HVAC chatrooms etc....and apparently replacing air-handler internal breakers on Rheem units keeps the techs busy 5 to 6 times a week each. Needless to say, if I knew that my Rheem ac has a yearly $200 dollar service call associated with it I would have looked elsewhere. Don't buy rheem.

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>