Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-06-27 Name: R Romaine
Location: Summerfield FL

"Original Rheem 3 ton"
I live in FL have a 2,300 sq ft home built in 1984 and the original Rheem 3 ton unit is still working like gangbusters despite its age. Yearly maintenance/parts has kept it going. Now after lots of service, it isn't worth putting $ into and isn't cost effective anymore. Time to replace the whole system now. Most likely will go w/ the same brand.

Date created: 2011-06-24 Name: Leonel De La Fuente
Location: Harlingen, Texas

"Home owner"
Rheem RAPM 048-JEZ, newly built home, unit 1.5 years old, low usage. Condenser coil leak-technician is confident is old, gradual leak as evidenced by the oil saturation. Is hesitant to replace condenser coil only because he suspects a factory defect based on his inspection and 30+ yrs. experience--believes "leaker" coil is indicative of a bigger problem. He added 6 pounds freon this week. No I would not buy this brand again.

Date created: 2011-06-13 Name: S. Xavier
Location: Texas

"13 SEER - 5 Ton AC - Electronic Board Fizzle"
Rheem, heating and AC. The first winter, ok. Second winter, electronic board fizzled. Required technician to do whatever to reset/restart board. Same thing happened on AC. Second summer, dudsville. Required technician to do whatever to reset circuit board. No service cost, yet. However, from what I have been reading, our fixed income expenditure (7800. AC; 4000. heating) sounds precarious. Why can't this company design less obsolescence into the products? Fingers are crossed...

Date created: 2011-06-05 Name: stephanie deason
Location: springville alabama

"Not happy"
We bought this unit 3 years ago and paid a lot of money. every summer that we have had this unit something has messed up on it. This unit has cost us a lot of money and I would not recomend this to anyone.My child has asthma and we have to keep our house cool. This issue has been a very big inconvenience to our household.

Date created: 2011-05-31 Name: GT
Location: CT

"True value"
I have three systems, each with an AC and Hi Eff furnace, all installed in 1995. All have operated perfectly with only one or two very minor furnace issues that were quickly and inexpensively resolved. All systems have been seasonally serviced by my contractor every year. I have concluded that all AC/Furnace makers' products are similar and it is the quality of the contractor that determines if a homeowner has a good experience with a particular makers product. My Rheem systems are a good value because of the cost/reliability relationship but get an experienced contractor to avoid headaches.

Date created: 2011-05-30 Name: j leop
Location: gulfport, ms

"Split unit"
Unit seer 13.... 12 years old..............no service calls on AC until now....has leak somewhere and looking to fix or replace............1 call on heater to replace electronic board.........recomend buying units with least amount of electronics and never buy a heatpump...............gas heat is the best

Date created: 2011-05-25 Location: Atlanta, GA

"Rheem is Keeping Me Cool this Summer"
Last year, in the middle of summer, our HVAC went out. Temperatures approached 90 degrees in our bedroom, and it was time to call the repairman, who promptly declared our system dead. The replacement system was a Rheem RGPE-05?BMK?, and we have been pleased with it so far - especially with the tax rebate that came with it. At a 16 SEER rating, it's energy efficient, and we are entering the second year with it and are extremely pleased. It does tend to be a little louder than our previous unit, but perhaps it's because our older unit was dying. I definitely recommend getting a programmable thermostat with the unit. You can program the unit to power on at certain hours of the day, saving even more energy (and money). This is the first Rheem system I have purchased, and I don't have any complaints. I expect a unit to work when I need it to, and this one does it well. With the tax rebate, it's definitely a deal, and the high energy efficiency means you'll be green and save even more money.

Date created: 2011-05-21 Location: St. Louis, MO

"Keeping Cool in the Summer"
This unit was put into our home in 2006, you know when you have a house built from the ground up the only item I picked out was the flooring. Everything else came with the people who built the house. I guess we could have made our selection I'm sure the expense would have been a little too much for our budget. I am very pleased with the way it cools, although when we first moved in it seemed a little too noisy. The area we live in is very quiet. So I guess I could hear everything even the butterflies passing by. We haven't had any repairs we have it serviced every-other year and the husband changes the filters every month, and they aren't even dirty. I do hope that I can remember all these nice things I've said about this unit. Thanks for inquiring minds wants to know. It's cool here now and I am really enjoying it. Yes I would purchase the same make and model if this one should ever go out. I think this is the only item in the house that I really appreciate, I cannot deal with the heat. We have turned the air on when it's summer....if it's hot I turn it on. Oh Happy Day...when the fall and winter comes in.

Date created: 2011-04-29 Location: Portland, Oregon

"Quite and effcient Air-Condiitioner"
I have owned my Rheem central air-condition for almost 6 years now. I had it installed shortly after moving into this my current home. In the time that we have owed the unit, it has never needed any sort of repair, just the annual maintenance that I have done as a yearly ritual. The unit is very efficient and what I like the most about it, it is very quite. It is located just outside one of my children's window and with some units, they can be very noisy " not this one. My child has never complained nor have I ever noticed any sound when it has kicked on. I would highly recommend this make and model to friend and family. It is super efficient. It is extremely quite. It has not required any repairs and it has a very low price point compared to other name brand, comparable units.

Date created: 2011-03-14 Name: Rachel
Location: Moraga Ca.

"Good as it Gets"
In the summer of 2010 I installed a Rheem 16 SEER 2 stage and have loved how quiet it is. My outdoor area is not that large and if I step outside the a/c is right there. I use to not be able to run my a/c at night because of the noise issue but now with my new system I sleep better and enjoy the a/c and the comfort it gives. Thanks Rheem for the great product!!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>