Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-07-25 Name: Jorge A Zapatier
Location: Sunrise,Fl, 33323

"Royal LEMON of a unit"
New unit installed 07/2010. rheem split system:410a outdoor mod:14ajm42, indoor mod:rhll-hm3821-rcsl-h*3821, 16seer. Biggest piece of crap in the valley!. Broken down sixteen [16] times in less than 2 years!. Air Around the Clock sold me this junk. They have -by now- replaced just about anything/everything that can be replaced and yet, it goes down on an average of 2 times every 3 months!!. My previous 18 year old unit only broke down five [5]times in 18 years!!!. Atc replaced it with this bolo unit!....I Am a pissed customer!!

Date created: 2012-07-12 Name: B.K.
Location: Stuart, FL

"Rheem a/c unit"
We purchased a Rheem a/c unit in June, 2010. On June 27, 2012 we had a service call for an evaporator coil leak. It was repaired on 7/10/2012 for a total cost of $339. After only 2 years (and not running the unit 12 months of the year), this should not be happening. We previously owned a Goodman unit and had numerous service calls for the same thing. We thought we were upgrading to a better quality unit. Boy, were we wrong!! In our previous home, we had an a/c unit that lasted for 22 years and never had any serious problems with it.

Date created: 2012-07-08 Name: Unhappy man
Location: Houston, TX

"Homeowner"
Builder Plantation had this unit installed in attic less than 5 years ago. Now had to have the coil replaced due to coil leak. It cost me $1,075 dollars for labor although the part was under warranty.

Date created: 2012-07-03 Name: Unsatisfied customer
Location: Los Angeles California

"RHEEM SUCKS"
Well I guess thats just how they operate!! Hvac system is junk!! The Water Heater is junk! I have been through countless replacement parts! They are also junk!!! If you value your money then I suggest picking another brand! They ripped me off and probably a lot of others!!!

Date created: 2012-05-28 Name: Jennifer haner
Location: Bartlesville, Oklahoma

"I Hope Mine Is Around For Another Twenty"
We got a 3 ton when we were told a 2 ton would do. We did it for two reasons, one the unit would not have to work as hard and two we may add onto our home. We have not done anything other than clean and oil the unit in twenty years. The furnace part of it, had to have a new control panel put it in at 15 years and we did that ourselves for the cost of $225.00. It was easy, there is a trouble shooting light on the unit that lets you know what you need to replace. I don't know if the new Rheems are as good as mine, but I hope mine is around for another twenty. Take care of your units and they'll take care of you.

Date created: 2012-05-19 Name: Laverne Stapleton
Location: Columbia, La.

"Homeowner"
I have used Rheem products before and always satisfied, until now. I purchase a ac/ air- heat unit on 3-9-09 for my home. The installer said it was one of the top of the line, quite very reliable unit. not. Two weeks after it was installed I had to call him back to come check it out because it was so noisy that you could not stand to carry on a conversation if you were any room close by that location of unit. He says it is fine, he has not been back. I do not agree, this unit is no where near any product that I have used with the Rheem name on it. As time goes by it sounds like a part is going to come a loose and fly the walls of my home. This would not be a safe unit to have and pay the amount I paid. I could have paid less and got another brand, but I liked the Rheem products. Will not recommend this product like it is.

Date created: 2012-04-18 Name: Ana Maria Phillips
Location: Germantown, tn

"Not a good brand"
I have spent more than $1000.00 repairing this unit. I had one GE for 35 years I spent less in repairs. Never buy this brand again.

Date created: 2012-01-23 Name: simone
Location: cooper city, fl

"Piece of junk"
Got it in July 2009. Worked fine for one day. The stupid thermostat keeps saying call for service. Stopped working about 20 times since then in Florida that's unbearable. I had to buy a window unit as a backup for when it breaks.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Location: West Palm Beach, FL

"My Rheem Keeps Me Cool"
I've had my Rheem air conditioner about a year now and it is an upgrade indeed this summer. I live in South Florida and I put an air conditioner through its paces almost all year round! It cools the house efficiently and quickly and despite the fact that it is a larger A/C unit than my last one, it is efficient enough in how it uses energy that I have not seen a large jump in my energy bill.

Date created: 2011-11-12 Name: L. Storm

"Service of ac"
New home with new ac Rheem RHLL-HM4821JA unit and less than 1-1/2 year old cost over $500 for repairs to air handler. Keeping in mind contractors always put the least expensive units into new home construction. I would still expect a longer life span than 1-1/2 years. So a word to the wise, you get what you pay for, so pay a little extra and get a quality product and definitely not a Rheem product.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>