Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2018-10-05 Name: R. Haynes
Location: Montgomery, AL

"Shipping"
This is the worst company ever. Please no one waste their time ordering from them. Takes forever to ship your unit and when it comes, everything is not shipped together. This place put the damn shipment on different trucks. Horrible company! You will definitely hate that you ordered from them.

Date created: 2018-07-03 Name: Warren Lindner
Location: Florida

"Failed installation contract"
Sears sold my wife an $8,000 central air system. Inspected by them, the crew then came and informed my wife they (the install crew) couldn't fulfill the fully paid contract. Don't trust Sears.
Date created: 2018-06-19 Name: Maria S
Location: Miami, FL

"Mad customer"
My unit is less than two years old and this is the second time I"m going to change the compressor. Under warranty I have one more time. Unbelievable! And since it's under warranty it has taken 7 working days excluding Sat and Sun in Florida really! I know they can give 3 shits about their customers so I'm just venting😡
Date created: 2018-06-15 Name: john shegas
Location: Lady Lake, FL

"Bad equipment"
In approximately 7 years unit down 3 times, my unit of a different make lasted 25 years, but was told to get a more efficient unit, you would get a saving on your electric bills. One of the worst a c I ever bought. I would not ever buy another Rheem's product or recommend anyone else buying one of there products.
Date created: 2018-05-15 Name: Donna White
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

"Rheem are not worth a dime!"
I bought a new house in 2016 with brand new Rheem units, one downstairs and one upstairs. I moved in my new house in January and by August my ac unit downstairs had quit working, had it checked out needed a new coil part was under warranty so all I had to pay was labor, now here it is 2018 and now my upstairs unit is out and itís the same thing, needs a new coil, and I havenít lived here 3 years!!! I think Rheem should stand behind their products better! Itís going to cost me 400 dollars to fix the upstairs unit! Please donít buy a Rheem unit, they are nothing but trash!
Date created: 2018-05-07 Name: Bob
Location: Arizona

"Rheem poor materials"
I purchased 3 years ago 2 Rheem units, one 5 Ton 14.5 seer Split Gas a/c system and one 3 Ton 16 seer Split Gas a/c System. Since then lots of issues, a refrigerant restriction, losing coolant, switches and even the coil. The 2 units I replaced were in service for 15 years and no big problems, Rheem in 3 years problems, okay the coil is covered but almost $2,000 for labor. I was looking for more efficiency and to avoid losing ac in Arizona summers, lost the ac on a 103 day.
Date created: 2017-12-17 Name: Vernicer Wilcox
Location: Union City, GA

"Loudest AC unit ever"
Purchased by installer in July, 2017. I have to turn the ac off in the summer so I can sleep and I do the same with the heat in the winter. This is horrible for a senior citizen on a fixed retirement income to have to go thru. I wish I had done my research.
Date created: 2017-12-15 Name: charles tracey
Location: Leesburg, FL

"Breaks once a month"
What a piece of shit it breaks down every month, the unit is only three years old.
Date created: 2017-11-15 Name: W Sander
Location: Miami, FL

"DONT BUY RHEEM"
Purchased an new combo unit in 2013, $4500 installed blower motor failed in 2015... sorry only parts are covered 430$ labor cost Blower motor fails again in 2017, I tell the air people to bring a spare fan as it was the same problem. They come onsite with no parts and try and charge a diagnosis fee, to tell me it is the blower motor ??!! they where removed from my property and not paid as they did absolutely nothing... Quote is $430 if the blower motor is in warranty 5 years or $1200 for out of waranty issues. So I find the same blower motor online and order it myself for $280.00 , and install it. Since the old dead blower in under warranty, I ask Rheem for a replacement.. LOL now they tell me I have to do to a dealer?? and pay.. who ever is reading this... do yourself a big favor and by a Trane or something else .. don't by Rheem they will just try and ripe you off.. bad company service , bad products.
Date created: 2017-10-17 Name: Y. Ji
Location: Raleigh, NC

"Very bad units"
Installed 2013 has to be refilled twice of a year since installed. Very bad product. Warranty is a lie. They use all kind sayings to avoid warranty. It is just wast of time to talk to Rheem's warranty people.
1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>