Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2017-09-02 Name: warren miller
Location: Greenville, VA

"Bad coils understand Rheem knew this want me to pay for expensive service call not happy"
Was told by service tech that this unit had coil problems. Rheem knows this and done nothing about it. Was told coils were made in china and the new coils will come from mexico. In the mean time this will cost me over 300.00 dollars. Air condit. Was 3 and a half years old when problem was noticed.4 Years old now. I'm 76 years old and live on fixed income. May not get unit repaired.info came from service dealer who installed unit.

Date created: 2017-08-23 Name: Mark Weisenbach
Location: Milburn, OK

"Not happy with Rheem"
Solder joint broke inside the condenser and leaked out all refrigerant. Called Local AC contractor and paid $380 for repair. Called Rheem and talked to the worst customer service person ever. Rheem claims that they only will pay for parts replacement and since there were no parts installed then they were not responsible. The solder joint that broke was obviously a factory defect. Rheem will not accept any responsibility for this shoddy assembly. So if you choose Rheem, do not expect any support from the manufacturer.

Date created: 2017-08-11 Name: J.H. Gillis
Location: Albuquerque, NM

"Zero customer service, no written warranties"
Purchased Energy Star split system through Home Depot. Was told there was a 10 year warranty on the compressor and 25 year warranty on the heat exchanger. Installer tells me there is nothing in writing beyond that statement on the contract I signed. Cannot register the units on the Rheem website because it will not accept the installation date. Tells me to contact my installer who tells me they have nothing to do with the Rheem online registration. There is no phone number for Rheem and they have not responded to the three contact forms I have sent. Once they have your money, they don't care.

Date created: 2017-08-07 Name: Jackie Summers
Location: New Port Richey, FL

"Buyer Beware"
We had a house fire 2011. Occupied home December 2011. Installer was to register a/c. We've had 5 service calls since installed. 2 major parts replaced and Rheem would only give us a 5 year warranty on parts instead of the 10 yr stated in their brochure because the install date was not recorded on their website within 60 day. We were told installer would register ac which they did not. I have proof of purchase on ac; however, Rheem will not give us full warranty. I would never purchase another Rheem product because they will not honor their warranty. We may have to replace this ac. We have already invested $2324 on a 5 year + 7 months ac.

Date created: 2017-07-22 Name: George Forte
Location: Central Florida

"Rheem"
In 2014, I had a complete new home central air system installed. This was a split system. I also had new ductwork installed. The system was installed by a Rheem approved licensed contractor. I wish that I had read reviews of this manufacturer before I had my system installed. My mistake. I'm lucky I bought the extended warranty. Do not buy this brand unless you buy the extended warranty. Also be aware that the ac service company that sells this brand will always tell you it's a reliable brand. That's what they sell. I failed to do my research. It won't happen again. Here's the service issues I had. First, after about a year, the compressor went out. A year? What's with that? That was a giant red flag of things to come. Now, the evaporator coils have sprung a leak and will be replaced. All under extended warranty---no charge. Bottom line here: Any brand that breaks down with serious issues in the first 2 years, is a piece of crap as far as I'm considered. That's it. Do not buy a Rheem brand home central air conditioner system.

Date created: 2017-06-12 Name: Tim romero
Location: Dallas, TX

"DO NOT BUY!"
Coming from Dallas tx here. We are a licensed company that installs all brands of equipment. Used to be a Rheem dealer until 2016. The reason we stopped is because through 2014 to 2016 we had about a 60% failure rate on all Rheem equipment under warranty. Most were within a year of installation. Long story short, do not buy Rheem equipment. I recommend any other brand, we mainly sold Goodman, Trane, and carrier in the same time frame and warranty failure rates were under 10%. Hope this helps before purchasing a system because I have seen many people get screwed over by this company, and their customer service will not help you at all. Also I think the one guy on here saying they have no problems more than likely works for Rheem. LOL

Date created: 2017-06-09 Name: Jay Wright
Location: Milledgeville, GA

"Response from a dealer"
I am a Rheem dealer in Milledgeville, Georgia and I would like to drop a quick note as to my experience with Rheem. I was staunchly against selling the product for many years as they were on the bottom of my list in quality. For years I have told my customers that the majority of the quality of an HVAC system is in the installer. As I read these reviews I wonder what is going on because I have had nothing but a super positive experience with Rheem. I absolutely love the products and so far the company has stood behind everything I have sold. It is my honest belief that most of the problems that these people are referring to are installation problems. Make sure that you always do your research on the company you allow in your home. The best place to look is the better business bureau and your local chamber of commerce. Also you should always ask to see licensing information, proof of insurance, and also get at least three estimates from reputable contractors. Never hire a fly by night to install such an important part of your home and life. What little you save in the beginning will cost you big in the long run. Do the research spend the money and make sure you get it done right.

Date created: 2017-05-29 Name: MMcGinnis
Location: Elk City, KS

Purchased unit in 2008. Five years ago spent $800 on unit. Rheem would not stand by it. Guess what? 84 degrees outside today. Have thermostat set on 78 degrees and it has been running for 1/2 hour. Guess I will turn up to 79. Do not purchase Rheem!!

Date created: 2017-05-21 Name: jr cole
Location: Florida Panhandle

"Took life savings"
Needed to save money on central air systems. Found discount units available online, called Rheem to see if unit discounts were legit. Was told yes but if I wanted any type of warranty needed to use an installer for their systems. Who to use? Sent me a list of locals. I selected one from list. He came and checked out my home etc. etc. left with a "required by company" down payment of over $7200. Last we ever saw of money no units no money no help. Contacted company, response "not responsible for what contractors do". This company was supposedly according to Rheem at the beginning of our nightmare certified. Licensed etc. Health issues greatly effected by no a/c -finally offered one unit with lowest efficiency rating possible but the kicker is -- I need to find my own installer.

Date created: 2017-05-15 Name: Joanne Pachiva
Location: Ft Myers, FL

"Rheem Rudd sucks"
Broke down 9 times in a little over 3 years, It was a lemon, Rheem made me pay to replace it

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>