Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2017-05-21 Name: jr cole
Location: Florida Panhandle

"Took life savings"
Needed to save money on central air systems. Found discount units available online, called Rheem to see if unit discounts were legit. Was told yes but if I wanted any type of warranty needed to use an installer for their systems. Who to use? Sent me a list of locals. I selected one from list. He came and checked out my home etc. etc. left with a "required by company" down payment of over $7200. Last we ever saw of money no units no money no help. Contacted company, response "not responsible for what contractors do". This company was supposedly according to Rheem at the beginning of our nightmare certified. Licensed etc. Health issues greatly effected by no a/c -finally offered one unit with lowest efficiency rating possible but the kicker is -- I need to find my own installer.

Date created: 2017-05-15 Name: Joanne Pachiva
Location: Ft Myers, FL

"Rheem Rudd sucks"
Broke down 9 times in a little over 3 years, It was a lemon, Rheem made me pay to replace it

Date created: 2017-04-25 Name: Georgi Feidler
Location: Gilbert, AZ

"RHEEM IS HORRIBLE"
Rheem- Some Bullet Points on their Customer Service and their Equipment - 27 minute wait time -robotic woman offer no apologies and no caring in her voice - Our unit 15 seer series is less than 3 years old - We have a 10 year manufacturer warranty and a 3 year warranty for cooling maintenance, heating maintenance and refrigerant R-410A through Orangutan Home Services - There are several class action lawsuits against Rheem for the exact parts that broke - Our valve that releases the refrigerant has gone bad - There was a factory mistake in the soldering which caused a leak that drained out all 17 pounds of our refrigerant. - A $2100 repair cost even with the manufacturer's warranty. - RHEEM will NOT reimburse us for labor or refrigerant costs - Orangutan Home Services quoted us a price that was 33% higher than any of the other companies out there and is NOT honoring any pieces of our 3 year warranty with them -We have been a week with any Air- I have 2 children under the age of 4 -Parts are back ordered - Rheem is not open to speak with customers on the weekend so had to wait -We have spent additional money on coolers & fans to survive -Still 86-89 degrees in our house -spent 45 minutes on the phone with Rheem only to have them put me on hold again and then HANG UP ON ME -from everything I have read this unit is a lemon, RHEEM is a crap company and Orangtuan Home Services are a bunch of rip off artists. We will likely have to replace this unit eventually, being out another $8900 dollars. BE WARNED!!!!!

Date created: 2017-04-17 Name: j mitchell
Location: Sarasota, FL

"Terrible company, horrible customer service"
Theme is selling defective products! I had to pay almost $1,000 in repairs to a unit that is 4 years old!! D&W of Sarasota put in the unit knowing there were defective parts. The motor/module was been replaced 6 months ago $521.00.. more repairs to replace lines. Leaking freon $450.00. Now moderate /module is bad again. ...Cost??? RHeem offered me $100 for my trouble. Watch your wallet with this company and the dealers

Date created: 2017-04-07 Name: Diann S
Location: Tucson, AZ

"Nothing but trouble"
We have 2 Rheem units that we purchased and the leaks in the coils started about two after we purchased them. They replaced the coil on the 1st one and of course 2 years later it was leaking again. This time only the part would be covered and not the labor which is the expensive part. We choose to try leak sealant instead but it's not working. We have to replace the coils on both units now. $1800 approx for labor. They have apparently switched from copper to aluminum now in the coils. I will never buy another Rheem product and I make sure to tell my friends to stay away from this product.

Date created: 2016-12-19 Name: C. Davis
Location: Hixson, TN

"Bad Coils"
I bought the top of the line Rheem as a replacement to my Janitrol. Nothing but trouble. Coil started leaking and they provided a new coil. Problem was it was made of the same material as the previous coil. Sad thing is that Rheem knew it and chose to place their customers in this situation. This coil developed leaks and it's no longer under warranty. Check the internet, there's a class action lawsuit ongoing over the matter. No more money from me to Rheem.

Date created: 2016-11-23 Name: WL
Location: Central Florida

"RHEEM DISHONEST COMPANY"
Was just having maintenance and told I'd have to replace coil (told Rheem units have class action in process). Had this unit installed May 2012 and Rheem will not pay for labor to a tune of over $500.00. Numerous complaints online - tried to talk to Rheem - person was rude, indignant and wanted me to answer all sorts of questions non-Rheem unit related (guessing they are trying to see what they are up against) so I refused to speak with this rude Rheem employee. Filed online for class action evaluation. Everyone should do same and Rheem should give everyone back the total amount they paid for the unit including labor. Now I have to come up with $500.00+ for crappy, poorly made equipment that Rheem was fully aware of.

Date created: 2016-11-01 Name: Jack Curtis
Location: Mississippi

"Unhappy"
Had a new 5 ton Rheem unit installed on 4/13/2013. Satisfied at first but noticed that it didn't seem to be cooling like it should. Installer came out and put in Freon. Cold weather came and we didn't use it that much as we have space heaters in our home. The following summer came (2014) and again it didn't seem to be cooling adequately. More Freon added! More Freon also added in summer of 2015. In May of 2016, the installer came out and determined that the compressor was bad. Replaced it under warranty but labor charges were $465. Now, it seems the "A-Coil" has a leak and will have to be replaced which will be done tomorrow. It is under warranty also but I will have to pay the labor charges. If I had seen all these negative reviews before I had this unit installed, I would have never gotten a Rheem. Oh yeah, I noticed that it was made in Mexico so I guess that explains it. Beware of Rheem!

Date created: 2016-10-27 Name: Wanda Spalding
Location: Hendersonville, TN

"Upset!"
Bought AC last year and had a leak in about 6 months! Have had to put Freon in about 4 or 5 times since then, should not have happened with a new unit! Still paying on it and would appreciate Rheem doing something about it! If not they are a poor company and I would never buy another one!

Date created: 2016-10-12 Name: DJ bishop
Location: Port St Lucie, Florida

"Dont ever buy a Rheem A/C"
Purchased new Rheem 3 1/2 ton A/C unit on 01/08/2014 and have had nothing but problems. Found leak in condenser on copper line leading to service port. The company that installed the unit advised that they felt it was a manufacturer defect and contacted Rheem, who would not do anything. The A/C company that came out charged $500 just for the refrigerant. I also called Rheem and spoke with Melissa in customer service but she was no help and rude. Now here again we are having more problems. There appears to be a class action going against Rheem for this defect and I at this point might have to seek legal action against Rheem. Do yourself a favor and don't purchase a Rheem A/C. They don't back their own product.

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>