Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2018-12-08 Name: C.Young
Location: Vinemont, Al

"Say No To Rheem"
We had 2 Rheem units installed during our home construction. In 3 1/2 years both units have gone out with leaking coils. Luckily the 1st unit was completely covered due to the time frame the unit stopped cooling. The 2nd unit has cost me over $850.00. I messaged Rheem but did not receive a response. After reading numerous reviews and statements from the company, I realize I will get the same response as all of the others, "Rheem will cover the failed part under warranty but everything else is between the consumer and the installer". Rheem will not completely back their products because maybe they know they have an unreliable product. The only way to stop a company like this is to put them out of business, so don't make the same mistake I did, look at the reviews prior to buying a unit and go with a different company.

Date created: 2018-10-28 Name: A. Abbott
Location: St. Petersburg, FL

"Absolute POS Lemon"
Spent $8,000 for a brand new ac 3 years ago. Have had constant issues from day one, including leaks and loss of refrigeration/coolant. They will not honor the warranty at all. The ac company I contracted with will not help me at all, as their Rheem rep here in St. Pete has told them that Rheem does not pay back vendors 9 out of ten times. So, I am stuck with an absolute lemon, don't have heating/AC, and can't afford to have another ac installed. I'm up Feces Creek with multiple holes in the boat, and no paddles. Rheem is the absolute worst company and totally without a conscience, morals, ethics or common decency to stand behind their horrible product and do the right thing for their unfortunate customers.
Date created: 2018-10-05 Name: R. Haynes
Location: Montgomery, AL

"Shipping"
This is the worst company ever. Please no one waste their time ordering from them. Takes forever to ship your unit and when it comes, everything is not shipped together. This place put the damn shipment on different trucks. Horrible company! You will definitely hate that you ordered from them.
Date created: 2018-07-03 Name: Warren Lindner
Location: Florida

"Failed installation contract"
Sears sold my wife an $8,000 central air system. Inspected by them, the crew then came and informed my wife they (the install crew) couldn't fulfill the fully paid contract. Don't trust Sears.
Date created: 2018-06-19 Name: Maria S
Location: Miami, FL

"Mad customer"
My unit is less than two years old and this is the second time I"m going to change the compressor. Under warranty I have one more time. Unbelievable! And since it's under warranty it has taken 7 working days excluding Sat and Sun in Florida really! I know they can give 3 shits about their customers so I'm just venting😡
Date created: 2018-06-15 Name: john shegas
Location: Lady Lake, FL

"Bad equipment"
In approximately 7 years unit down 3 times, my unit of a different make lasted 25 years, but was told to get a more efficient unit, you would get a saving on your electric bills. One of the worst a c I ever bought. I would not ever buy another Rheem's product or recommend anyone else buying one of there products.
Date created: 2018-05-15 Name: Donna White
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

"Rheem are not worth a dime!"
I bought a new house in 2016 with brand new Rheem units, one downstairs and one upstairs. I moved in my new house in January and by August my ac unit downstairs had quit working, had it checked out needed a new coil part was under warranty so all I had to pay was labor, now here it is 2018 and now my upstairs unit is out and itís the same thing, needs a new coil, and I havenít lived here 3 years!!! I think Rheem should stand behind their products better! Itís going to cost me 400 dollars to fix the upstairs unit! Please donít buy a Rheem unit, they are nothing but trash!
Date created: 2018-05-07 Name: Bob
Location: Arizona

"Rheem poor materials"
I purchased 3 years ago 2 Rheem units, one 5 Ton 14.5 seer Split Gas a/c system and one 3 Ton 16 seer Split Gas a/c System. Since then lots of issues, a refrigerant restriction, losing coolant, switches and even the coil. The 2 units I replaced were in service for 15 years and no big problems, Rheem in 3 years problems, okay the coil is covered but almost $2,000 for labor. I was looking for more efficiency and to avoid losing ac in Arizona summers, lost the ac on a 103 day.
Date created: 2017-12-17 Name: Vernicer Wilcox
Location: Union City, GA

"Loudest AC unit ever"
Purchased by installer in July, 2017. I have to turn the ac off in the summer so I can sleep and I do the same with the heat in the winter. This is horrible for a senior citizen on a fixed retirement income to have to go thru. I wish I had done my research.
Date created: 2017-12-15 Name: charles tracey
Location: Leesburg, FL

"Breaks once a month"
What a piece of shit it breaks down every month, the unit is only three years old.
1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>