Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2018-08-17 Name: Keith Klare
Location: Florida

"Horrible product"
Do not buy anything from this company. The product does not last longer than 2 years; then you start paying and replacing.

Date created: 2018-07-03 Name: Warren Lindner
Location: Florida

"Failed installation contract"
Sears sold my wife an $8,000 central air system. Inspected by them, the crew then came and informed my wife they (the install crew) couldn't fulfill the fully paid contract. Don't trust Sears.
Date created: 2018-06-19 Name: Maria S
Location: Miami, FL

"Mad customer"
My unit is less than two years old and this is the second time I"m going to change the compressor. Under warranty I have one more time. Unbelievable! And since it's under warranty it has taken 7 working days excluding Sat and Sun in Florida really! I know they can give 3 shits about their customers so I'm just venting😡
Date created: 2018-06-15 Name: john shegas
Location: Lady Lake, FL

"Bad equipment"
In approximately 7 years unit down 3 times, my unit of a different make lasted 25 years, but was told to get a more efficient unit, you would get a saving on your electric bills. One of the worst a c I ever bought. I would not ever buy another Rheem's product or recommend anyone else buying one of there products.
Date created: 2018-05-15 Name: Donna White
Location: Murfreesboro,TN

"Rheem are not worth a dime!"
I bought a new house in 2016 with brand new Rheem units, one downstairs and one upstairs. I moved in my new house in January and by August my ac unit downstairs had quit working, had it checked out needed a new coil part was under warranty so all I had to pay was labor, now here it is 2018 and now my upstairs unit is out and itís the same thing, needs a new coil, and I havenít lived here 3 years!!! I think Rheem should stand behind their products better! Itís going to cost me 400 dollars to fix the upstairs unit! Please donít buy a Rheem unit, they are nothing but trash!
Date created: 2018-05-07 Name: Bob
Location: Arizona

"Rheem poor materials"
I purchased 3 years ago 2 Rheem units, one 5 Ton 14.5 seer Split Gas a/c system and one 3 Ton 16 seer Split Gas a/c System. Since then lots of issues, a refrigerant restriction, losing coolant, switches and even the coil. The 2 units I replaced were in service for 15 years and no big problems, Rheem in 3 years problems, okay the coil is covered but almost $2,000 for labor. I was looking for more efficiency and to avoid losing ac in Arizona summers, lost the ac on a 103 day.
Date created: 2017-12-17 Name: Vernicer Wilcox
Location: Union City, GA

"Loudest AC unit ever"
Purchased by installer in July, 2017. I have to turn the ac off in the summer so I can sleep and I do the same with the heat in the winter. This is horrible for a senior citizen on a fixed retirement income to have to go thru. I wish I had done my research.
Date created: 2017-12-15 Name: charles tracey
Location: Leesburg, FL

"Breaks once a month"
What a piece of shit it breaks down every month, the unit is only three years old.
Date created: 2017-11-15 Name: W Sander
Location: Miami, FL

"DONT BUY RHEEM"
Purchased an new combo unit in 2013, $4500 installed blower motor failed in 2015... sorry only parts are covered 430$ labor cost Blower motor fails again in 2017, I tell the air people to bring a spare fan as it was the same problem. They come onsite with no parts and try and charge a diagnosis fee, to tell me it is the blower motor ??!! they where removed from my property and not paid as they did absolutely nothing... Quote is $430 if the blower motor is in warranty 5 years or $1200 for out of waranty issues. So I find the same blower motor online and order it myself for $280.00 , and install it. Since the old dead blower in under warranty, I ask Rheem for a replacement.. LOL now they tell me I have to do to a dealer?? and pay.. who ever is reading this... do yourself a big favor and by a Trane or something else .. don't by Rheem they will just try and ripe you off.. bad company service , bad products.
Date created: 2017-10-17 Name: Y. Ji
Location: Raleigh, NC

"Very bad units"
Installed 2013 has to be refilled twice of a year since installed. Very bad product. Warranty is a lie. They use all kind sayings to avoid warranty. It is just wast of time to talk to Rheem's warranty people.
1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>