Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-11-23 Name: WL
Location: Central Florida

"RHEEM DISHONEST COMPANY"
Was just having maintenance and told I'd have to replace coil (told Rheem units have class action in process). Had this unit installed May 2012 and Rheem will not pay for labor to a tune of over $500.00. Numerous complaints online - tried to talk to Rheem - person was rude, indignant and wanted me to answer all sorts of questions non-Rheem unit related (guessing they are trying to see what they are up against) so I refused to speak with this rude Rheem employee. Filed online for class action evaluation. Everyone should do same and Rheem should give everyone back the total amount they paid for the unit including labor. Now I have to come up with $500.00+ for crappy, poorly made equipment that Rheem was fully aware of.

Date created: 2016-11-01 Name: Jack Curtis
Location: Mississippi

"Unhappy"
Had a new 5 ton Rheem unit installed on 4/13/2013. Satisfied at first but noticed that it didn't seem to be cooling like it should. Installer came out and put in Freon. Cold weather came and we didn't use it that much as we have space heaters in our home. The following summer came (2014) and again it didn't seem to be cooling adequately. More Freon added! More Freon also added in summer of 2015. In May of 2016, the installer came out and determined that the compressor was bad. Replaced it under warranty but labor charges were $465. Now, it seems the "A-Coil" has a leak and will have to be replaced which will be done tomorrow. It is under warranty also but I will have to pay the labor charges. If I had seen all these negative reviews before I had this unit installed, I would have never gotten a Rheem. Oh yeah, I noticed that it was made in Mexico so I guess that explains it. Beware of Rheem!

Date created: 2016-10-27 Name: Wanda Spalding
Location: Hendersonville, TN

"Upset!"
Bought AC last year and had a leak in about 6 months! Have had to put Freon in about 4 or 5 times since then, should not have happened with a new unit! Still paying on it and would appreciate Rheem doing something about it! If not they are a poor company and I would never buy another one!

Date created: 2016-10-12 Name: DJ bishop
Location: Port St Lucie, Florida

"Dont ever buy a Rheem A/C"
Purchased new Rheem 3 1/2 ton A/C unit on 01/08/2014 and have had nothing but problems. Found leak in condenser on copper line leading to service port. The company that installed the unit advised that they felt it was a manufacturer defect and contacted Rheem, who would not do anything. The A/C company that came out charged $500 just for the refrigerant. I also called Rheem and spoke with Melissa in customer service but she was no help and rude. Now here again we are having more problems. There appears to be a class action going against Rheem for this defect and I at this point might have to seek legal action against Rheem. Do yourself a favor and don't purchase a Rheem A/C. They don't back their own product.

Date created: 2016-09-29 Name: David Peterson
Location: Clermont, FL

"A-coil failures"
Two Rheem HVAC systems ( RHSL-HM3617JA / RHSL-HM4221JA) installed in 2011 for my home have had A-coil's replaced twice now as of 2016.

Date created: 2016-09-21 Name: Arcot Suresh
Location: The Villages, FL

"Do not buy Rheem"
New unit, after 2 1/2 years the coil is leaking. It will cost me $350 for labor under warranty. Do not buy Rheem. My friend also had the same problem. I read reviews, 80% unsatisfied. I wish Rheem would read customer reviews and fix problems.

Date created: 2016-09-14 Name: christy hopkins
Location: South Carolina

"Piece of junk!"
After reading most of these reviews I know that at least it isn't just my unit with all the trouble. Installed in February 2014 and we have had to put $1000 more into it. Apparently this company doesn't read their own reviews or else they would have the problem fixed by now. We had our AC go out 6 times and 3 times this summer alone! I contacted Rheem and the lady was very rude and interrupted me so I just hung up. I'm sure it doesn't make a difference to them if we have AC or not because I'm sure they are sitting in some building soaking up some nice cool air! Our original contractor who sold it to us quit calling us back. I'm ready to throw this piece of junk in the woods and get a better unit. This one has to be at the bottom of the line!

Date created: 2016-09-12 Name: Joyce Cover
Location: Vero Beach, FL

"Not worth"
Have had this air conditioner/furnace for two years. I have something wrong every two months. Terrible waste of money plus frustration of not having air for 97-year-old parent in southern Florida. The drain line plugs up constantly and I now know how to drain and clean it but at 76 and the cost, I shouldn't have to do this. I would never recommend Rheem to anyone.

Date created: 2016-09-09 Name: G Somers
Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL

"Rheem is just trashy."
RH1T3617STANJA air handler is extremely ugly. Definitely the appearance lowers value of the home. Doesn't cool at all, blows very weakly. RP1436AJ1 outside unit not noisy. Both units sweat abundantly. This is basically a generic AC with a Rheem button stuck to it, made in Mexico, not that there's anything wrong with that. But, buy a USA-built Goodman AC, is my opinion. I'm a real person with a neighbor who got a Goodman and is living good.

Date created: 2016-09-07 Name: P.A.Sypulski
Location: Freeport, PA

"Junk don't buy"
Bought in spring of 2015 and got one summer out of it. This spring, had to pay for labor and Freon. Now it's the coils. I would never recommend this company.

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>