Consumer Reviews of Rheem central air conditioners

Read more about Rheem central air conditioners

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2017-06-12 Name: Tim romero
Location: Dallas, TX

"DO NOT BUY!"
Coming from Dallas tx here. We are a licensed company that installs all brands of equipment. Used to be a Rheem dealer until 2016. The reason we stopped is because through 2014 to 2016 we had about a 60% failure rate on all Rheem equipment under warranty. Most were within a year of installation. Long story short, do not buy Rheem equipment. I recommend any other brand, we mainly sold Goodman, Trane, and carrier in the same time frame and warranty failure rates were under 10%. Hope this helps before purchasing a system because I have seen many people get screwed over by this company, and their customer service will not help you at all. Also I think the one guy on here saying they have no problems more than likely works for Rheem. LOL

Date created: 2017-06-09 Name: Jay Wright
Location: Milledgeville, GA

"Response from a dealer"
I am a Rheem dealer in Milledgeville, Georgia and I would like to drop a quick note as to my experience with Rheem. I was staunchly against selling the product for many years as they were on the bottom of my list in quality. For years I have told my customers that the majority of the quality of an HVAC system is in the installer. As I read these reviews I wonder what is going on because I have had nothing but a super positive experience with Rheem. I absolutely love the products and so far the company has stood behind everything I have sold. It is my honest belief that most of the problems that these people are referring to are installation problems. Make sure that you always do your research on the company you allow in your home. The best place to look is the better business bureau and your local chamber of commerce. Also you should always ask to see licensing information, proof of insurance, and also get at least three estimates from reputable contractors. Never hire a fly by night to install such an important part of your home and life. What little you save in the beginning will cost you big in the long run. Do the research spend the money and make sure you get it done right.

Date created: 2017-05-29 Name: MMcGinnis
Location: Elk City, KS

Purchased unit in 2008. Five years ago spent $800 on unit. Rheem would not stand by it. Guess what? 84 degrees outside today. Have thermostat set on 78 degrees and it has been running for 1/2 hour. Guess I will turn up to 79. Do not purchase Rheem!!

Date created: 2017-05-21 Name: jr cole
Location: Florida Panhandle

"Took life savings"
Needed to save money on central air systems. Found discount units available online, called Rheem to see if unit discounts were legit. Was told yes but if I wanted any type of warranty needed to use an installer for their systems. Who to use? Sent me a list of locals. I selected one from list. He came and checked out my home etc. etc. left with a "required by company" down payment of over $7200. Last we ever saw of money no units no money no help. Contacted company, response "not responsible for what contractors do". This company was supposedly according to Rheem at the beginning of our nightmare certified. Licensed etc. Health issues greatly effected by no a/c -finally offered one unit with lowest efficiency rating possible but the kicker is -- I need to find my own installer.

Date created: 2017-05-15 Name: Joanne Pachiva
Location: Ft Myers, FL

"Rheem Rudd sucks"
Broke down 9 times in a little over 3 years, It was a lemon, Rheem made me pay to replace it

Date created: 2017-04-25 Name: Georgi Feidler
Location: Gilbert, AZ

"RHEEM IS HORRIBLE"
Rheem- Some Bullet Points on their Customer Service and their Equipment - 27 minute wait time -robotic woman offer no apologies and no caring in her voice - Our unit 15 seer series is less than 3 years old - We have a 10 year manufacturer warranty and a 3 year warranty for cooling maintenance, heating maintenance and refrigerant R-410A through Orangutan Home Services - There are several class action lawsuits against Rheem for the exact parts that broke - Our valve that releases the refrigerant has gone bad - There was a factory mistake in the soldering which caused a leak that drained out all 17 pounds of our refrigerant. - A $2100 repair cost even with the manufacturer's warranty. - RHEEM will NOT reimburse us for labor or refrigerant costs - Orangutan Home Services quoted us a price that was 33% higher than any of the other companies out there and is NOT honoring any pieces of our 3 year warranty with them -We have been a week with any Air- I have 2 children under the age of 4 -Parts are back ordered - Rheem is not open to speak with customers on the weekend so had to wait -We have spent additional money on coolers & fans to survive -Still 86-89 degrees in our house -spent 45 minutes on the phone with Rheem only to have them put me on hold again and then HANG UP ON ME -from everything I have read this unit is a lemon, RHEEM is a crap company and Orangtuan Home Services are a bunch of rip off artists. We will likely have to replace this unit eventually, being out another $8900 dollars. BE WARNED!!!!!

Date created: 2017-04-17 Name: j mitchell
Location: Sarasota, FL

"Terrible company, horrible customer service"
Theme is selling defective products! I had to pay almost $1,000 in repairs to a unit that is 4 years old!! D&W of Sarasota put in the unit knowing there were defective parts. The motor/module was been replaced 6 months ago $521.00.. more repairs to replace lines. Leaking freon $450.00. Now moderate /module is bad again. ...Cost??? RHeem offered me $100 for my trouble. Watch your wallet with this company and the dealers

Date created: 2017-04-07 Name: Diann S
Location: Tucson, AZ

"Nothing but trouble"
We have 2 Rheem units that we purchased and the leaks in the coils started about two after we purchased them. They replaced the coil on the 1st one and of course 2 years later it was leaking again. This time only the part would be covered and not the labor which is the expensive part. We choose to try leak sealant instead but it's not working. We have to replace the coils on both units now. $1800 approx for labor. They have apparently switched from copper to aluminum now in the coils. I will never buy another Rheem product and I make sure to tell my friends to stay away from this product.

Date created: 2016-12-19 Name: C. Davis
Location: Hixson, TN

"Bad Coils"
I bought the top of the line Rheem as a replacement to my Janitrol. Nothing but trouble. Coil started leaking and they provided a new coil. Problem was it was made of the same material as the previous coil. Sad thing is that Rheem knew it and chose to place their customers in this situation. This coil developed leaks and it's no longer under warranty. Check the internet, there's a class action lawsuit ongoing over the matter. No more money from me to Rheem.

Date created: 2016-11-23 Name: WL
Location: Central Florida

"RHEEM DISHONEST COMPANY"
Was just having maintenance and told I'd have to replace coil (told Rheem units have class action in process). Had this unit installed May 2012 and Rheem will not pay for labor to a tune of over $500.00. Numerous complaints online - tried to talk to Rheem - person was rude, indignant and wanted me to answer all sorts of questions non-Rheem unit related (guessing they are trying to see what they are up against) so I refused to speak with this rude Rheem employee. Filed online for class action evaluation. Everyone should do same and Rheem should give everyone back the total amount they paid for the unit including labor. Now I have to come up with $500.00+ for crappy, poorly made equipment that Rheem was fully aware of.

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>