Consumer Reviews of Payne central air conditioners

Read more about Payne central air conditioners

Date created: 2014-08-17 Name: C
Location: Texas

"Works good"
I've had my Payne unit for 6 years and it's been fairly reliable. I have two service calls with in the first year and a half. The first one was over the Memorial Day weekend of 2008 it was over 90 degrees outside and inside my house on that Sunday , I called the installing dealer Tom Martin a/c said he would be there on Tuesday and it was a holiday I reminded him that this unit was only 6 weeks old still had to wait. He tried his best to make me pay for his installation mistake causing all the coolest to leak out. The second service call was a bad contact I had to pay 79.00 for a service call even though it was under warranty and arguing with him what was wrong with this unit. Since that service call I've had no major problems except a 2 dollar fuse to replace. The unit cools and heats great and is very quiet compared to the hunk of junk trane that was in my house. I will never use tom Martin ac ever again , but can recommend this brand as a good unit for the price

Date created: 2014-08-07 Name: k cranford
Location: tucson,az

"Payne uses cheaply manufactured parts"
My unit was installed in June 2013. I did have a licensed contractor install and service it. It was ordered thought American Home Shield. In July 2014, it stopped working. 3 licensed contractors (money out of pocket= $300 plus) came to look at it, it turns out it is the condenser coil (it has a leak and has to be replaced) The warranty for the unit is 10 years, but for parts is only 5 years (????). So the licensed contractor ordered the part.It will/is taking over 3 weeks to be delivered and AHS does not cover freon, so it will be more $$$$ out of pocket. This "new" unit is garbage, plus getting parts for it is ridiculous. 3 plus weeks???? I live in AZ! How can anyone say that Payne is a good product, if the parts fail in a year??? I have had reputable service companies do all the work and maintenance of this ac unit, so don't tell me its the installation

Date created: 2014-07-07 Name: Pam Jones
Location: Covington, La

"Payne model PH13"
Unit purchased 2/20/14 not working 6/29/14. A/C men report compressor gone out.

Date created: 2014-05-28 Name: s.louzon
Location: michigan

"Model PA16NA"
Unit installed 12-2010. It's never cold and it breaks every summer. Don't buy a payne furnace or air conditioner.

Date created: 2013-11-15 Name: Jennifer Pitts
Location: Crawfordville, FL

"Heating and AC"
Very, very unsatisfied! We bought this unit in Dec 2006. We have had nothing but problems. Had to replace several parts, but it never fails to quit working AC and heat. Last time, the blower motor was replaced at $300.00 to us. We paid over $4000.00 for this unit and every year we have had issues. Now, the heat is not working. Isn't there something to protect a consumer on these types of problems like the Lemon law for cars? I am tired of this happening every year!

Date created: 2013-05-27 Name: M. Puletti
Location: Florida

"Payne Central Air"
Worst unit ever! Never cooled well and broke just after the warranty expired. Now we have to replace the unit. Very unsatisfied.

Date created: 2012-12-27 Name: jeanette Diaz
Location: tampa &lorid

"Six visits- cant fix. call another sears autho dealer, owner."
Installer did not guard my back nor, so I have a 5 year warranty. Unit stopped heating two and a half years. Sears auto tech fixed the problem, but created another problem. Blower motor would cut off on at will sporadically sometimes would not cut off at or no matter the setting. In total Sears three certified techs were out to fix it and unit became inoperable for heat or ac. The owner called me after the sixth visit said they could not fix it, I would have to call someone else. Crazy right!!! Three parts were replaced,I paid 4 labor. Thermostat, control circuit board, plus service visit. Total over $850. I called Sears, they will send one of "their" techs, beginning with a $$79 service charged plus an hourly fee for diagnosis etc ...etc ...$$$$$$$.

Date created: 2012-11-28 Name: Adam W. Henry, Jr.
Location: Houston, TX. 77065

"Poor Quaility Product"
Had our 5 ton Payne condensor unit replaced on 1-31-12, after 10 months the unit quit operating. a/c tech found a crack in the coil running along the fin area. The crack could not be replaced and the unit has to be replaced. This is going to cost approximately $500.00 out of my pocket for something that is their fault. If it were not for the factory defect, I would not be writing the very negative review. The contractor has given me a discount on labor, but I am still out the cost of the freon, 15 lbs. @ $24.00 p/lb. The manufaturer stated the cost of replacing of the unit is not covered my the warranty and it is my responsibality to pay. This unit is less than 10 months old. I will not recommend a Payne unit to anyone, and will the a voice to be heard. Run from Payne as quick as you can, I am stuck unless I spend $6,000.00 to have a differt manufature's unti installed. Again run from Payne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2012-09-14 Name: Alexine Raineri
Location: Hyde Park, MA 02136

"Payne is a Pain"
After I had the air conditioner put in, it was blowing warm air. It took me several calls to get him back. After he said that he fixed it, he told me to wait a couple of hours for the air to cool. Five days later it was still blowing warm air. After many calls, he finally came back and fixed it, but he had it dripping in the garage instead of outside. He came back and "taped" a piece of hose instead of using a coupler or just replacing it with one piece. Then he drilled a hole through the garage with caulking it. He agreed to come back and caulk the hole, but he never did. I don't think that using tape to connect a hole is acceptable. I called and wrote to Payne, but they would not help me with the issues. You have lost a customer for good.

Date created: 2012-08-09 Name: Kenneth Kennedy
Location: maryland

"Parts warranty"
All Payne equipment comes with a 10 year parts warranty if its registered within a period of time. Sorry about the problems you people have, it sounds like your installing dealer didn't give you all the facts.