Consumer Reviews of Payne central air conditioners

Read more about Payne central air conditioners

Date created: 2015-09-25 Name: E. Alexander
Location: Florence, SC

"Payne = Garbage"
I recently purchased a shopping center and had to replace four AC units. The company I used and trusted recommended Payne for all four units. The fan motors have already quit in two of them after only 16 months, costing over $500 a piece ( the only thing covered longer than a year is the compressor ) and the technicians said it is a known problem and the other two units would surely fail as well. They did not even replace with the original Payne part because they said it still has the same problem. I no longer use my trusted HVAC company and will certainly never buy Payne again. Don't make the same mistake.

Date created: 2015-06-25 Name: lcanger
Location: Barrington, Il

"Customer service stinks"
Tried to call Payne for a service manual and they basically refused to send me one. They told me that they wouldn't even tell me where the furnace filter was so that I could replace it. What a load of cow manure! I would never deal with them again.. First experience with a company being so ignorant.

Date created: 2014-08-28 Name: A.Martinez
Location: Waco, Texas

"Payne trash"
Payne a/c unit installed, outside and inside unit, 7/22/2008. $6000.00 installed. Motor started to buzz last week, 8/14/2014, and died. 104 heat index. Called service guy. Motor module burned up, $500.00 to repair???? Thought I had a 10 year warranty. Payne's own press release dated 2/28/2008 states a 10 warranty. Contacted Payne. They stated it was only 5 years. Contacted them a second time. They stated those units used r-22 instead of r-410a refrigerant, so I was out of luck. I'm still trying to get a refund. Stay away from those units. They will not accept blame for a crappy product!

Date created: 2014-08-17 Name: C
Location: Texas

"Works good"
I've had my Payne unit for 6 years and it's been fairly reliable. I have two service calls with in the first year and a half. The first one was over the Memorial Day weekend of 2008 it was over 90 degrees outside and inside my house on that Sunday , I called the installing dealer Tom Martin a/c said he would be there on Tuesday and it was a holiday I reminded him that this unit was only 6 weeks old still had to wait. He tried his best to make me pay for his installation mistake causing all the coolest to leak out. The second service call was a bad contact I had to pay 79.00 for a service call even though it was under warranty and arguing with him what was wrong with this unit. Since that service call I've had no major problems except a 2 dollar fuse to replace. The unit cools and heats great and is very quiet compared to the hunk of junk trane that was in my house. I will never use tom Martin ac ever again , but can recommend this brand as a good unit for the price

Date created: 2014-08-07 Name: k cranford
Location: tucson,az

"Payne uses cheaply manufactured parts"
My unit was installed in June 2013. I did have a licensed contractor install and service it. It was ordered thought American Home Shield. In July 2014, it stopped working. 3 licensed contractors (money out of pocket= $300 plus) came to look at it, it turns out it is the condenser coil (it has a leak and has to be replaced) The warranty for the unit is 10 years, but for parts is only 5 years (????). So the licensed contractor ordered the part.It will/is taking over 3 weeks to be delivered and AHS does not cover freon, so it will be more $$$$ out of pocket. This "new" unit is garbage, plus getting parts for it is ridiculous. 3 plus weeks???? I live in AZ! How can anyone say that Payne is a good product, if the parts fail in a year??? I have had reputable service companies do all the work and maintenance of this ac unit, so don't tell me its the installation

Date created: 2014-07-07 Name: Pam Jones
Location: Covington, La

"Payne model PH13"
Unit purchased 2/20/14 not working 6/29/14. A/C men report compressor gone out.

Date created: 2014-05-28 Name: s.louzon
Location: michigan

"Model PA16NA"
Unit installed 12-2010. It's never cold and it breaks every summer. Don't buy a payne furnace or air conditioner.

Date created: 2013-11-15 Name: Jennifer Pitts
Location: Crawfordville, FL

"Heating and AC"
Very, very unsatisfied! We bought this unit in Dec 2006. We have had nothing but problems. Had to replace several parts, but it never fails to quit working AC and heat. Last time, the blower motor was replaced at $300.00 to us. We paid over $4000.00 for this unit and every year we have had issues. Now, the heat is not working. Isn't there something to protect a consumer on these types of problems like the Lemon law for cars? I am tired of this happening every year!

Date created: 2013-05-27 Name: M. Puletti
Location: Florida

"Payne Central Air"
Worst unit ever! Never cooled well and broke just after the warranty expired. Now we have to replace the unit. Very unsatisfied.

Date created: 2012-12-27 Name: jeanette Diaz
Location: tampa &lorid

"Six visits- cant fix. call another sears autho dealer, owner."
Installer did not guard my back nor, so I have a 5 year warranty. Unit stopped heating two and a half years. Sears auto tech fixed the problem, but created another problem. Blower motor would cut off on at will sporadically sometimes would not cut off at or no matter the setting. In total Sears three certified techs were out to fix it and unit became inoperable for heat or ac. The owner called me after the sixth visit said they could not fix it, I would have to call someone else. Crazy right!!! Three parts were replaced,I paid 4 labor. Thermostat, control circuit board, plus service visit. Total over $850. I called Sears, they will send one of "their" techs, beginning with a $$79 service charged plus an hourly fee for diagnosis etc ...etc ...$$$$$$$.