Consumer Reviews of NORDYNE central air conditioners

Read more about NORDYNE central air conditioners

Date created: 2017-05-11 Name: Robert Kitchene
Location: Winter Haven, FL

"Faulty air conditioning unit"
We bought a Frigidaire 15 seer heat pump air conditioning unit almost 3 years ago and have had nothing but problems with it.The service guys have been here at least 15 times in those 3 years to try and fix the problem and things keep going wrong with it. It's broken down now twice in a week's time. I have pulmonary fibrosis and it gets very hot in Florida. When my air conditioner isn't working, it becomes very hard for me to breathe.

Date created: 2017-04-27 Name: Linda Ledbetter
Location: Albertville, AL

"Poor equipment."
I am constantly amazed that a large company like Nortel Gobel continues to sell such poor quality equipment and then refuses to replace it.
Date created: 2017-03-03 Name: Robert Bates
Location: Algonac, MI

"PIECE OF GARBAGE"
Condenser had a leak from day one. Took a while to figure out problem (didn't think new equip would be defective). Ra Townsend charged $104.50 to ship new one. In end with labor & costs it totaled more than $1000.00 extra for this piece of garbage. Terrible customer care!
Date created: 2016-10-11 Name: Mr. Soto
Location: Texas

"I'm an HVAC contractor"
Installed Nordyne which is Nortek equipment for over 8 years. I don't not recommend them, they have gone downhill. Buy another brand of system, that's all I have to say.
Date created: 2016-09-24 Name: steve hagan
Location: Panama City, FL

Do not spend your money on their pieces of junk.
Date created: 2016-04-26 Name: Timothy BENDALL
Location: Haywood, TN

"Had work done to it for 5 years, now need to replace a coil."
Had work done to it for 5 years, now need to replace a coil. Now it's going to cost $1500 to fix.
Date created: 2016-01-13 Name: Dennis Flynn
Location: Cocoa, FL

"Failure to stand behind their product"
Hi, I purchased a unit from ******* *** in Rockledge, Florida. They also installed it. I purchased this a little over a year ago. Since day one, there have been numerous problems with the unit causing numerous days and nights without having heat or air conditioning. The most recent was the compressor going bad and having to be replaced. I decided to get a second opinion when I kept having problems after the compressor was replaced and even more problems were uncovered and not resolved. It is costing me $1600.00 this time for the repairs on a practically new unit. I called and was given the runaround and told I would be called back, which has not happened yet. This is such incredibly poor service from both Nordyne and ******* ***. However, Nordyne authorized ******* *** to sell their products, so they bear the ultimate responsibility.
Date created: 2015-07-06 Name: david
Location: New Orleans, LA

"Junk, junk, junk; stay away from this unit."
Junk, junk, junk. Do not spend your money on this unit, it is pure junk.
Date created: 2014-08-20 Name: William Hendrix
Location: Hayward, CA

"Bad product"
Had Comfort Masters of Poplar Bluff, Mo install a brand new unit in 2006, in my rental home. Every year there has been a problem and now I was just told the compressor is out at a cost to install of $1700. Never buy any of their products, they are worthless and a money pit.
Date created: 2013-06-25 Name: Sandy Shafer
Location: Elkview WV

"Terrible"
Got this AC with my new home. Worked fine for 6 years and now it has quit. Such a shame that a person pays so much for something to just last 6 years. We didn't even use it that much. Never ran it at night. Shame on the company for making a piece of junk.