Consumer Reviews of NORDYNE central air conditioners

Read more about NORDYNE central air conditioners

Date created: 2018-01-29 Name: A.C. Deck
Location: Devine, TX

"Good unit"
I have had the unit since 2006 and never had a problem with it until I had to start adding freon this past summer when it developed a leak. Still running it but looking to replace. From what I understand most a/c units only last 9-12 yrs and I believe I got my money out of this one. I would consider running another.

Date created: 2017-12-10 Name: Robert
Location: Miami, FL

"Wasted my money and time"
Nordyne AC systems are the worst. I wasted over 10 thousand dollars over a few year period on them. Had to replace inside and outside units a few times. Labor costs are not covered and the products leaked Freon inside my home for my family to breathe. This company should be shut down. I had to buy a complete new system from another company. Do not waste your time or money.
Date created: 2017-11-01 Name: Jerome Roth
Location: Islamorada, FL

"CRAP"
4 yrs old and 5 service calls. Replaced circuit board and coil and although Nordyne gave me the parts, labor was very expensive. Service call today and another coil. Enough is enough...ordered a new Trane ac. My advice to potential buyers...STAY Away.
Date created: 2017-10-22 Name: Joy L. Dixon
Location: Palm Bay, FL

"WARNING / DO NOT BUY unless:"
Do not purchase a Nordyne Unit unless, and I repeat unless you have loads of money for constant service calls and these calls are never inexpensive. This unit consistently stops cooling, it was already in a home purchased in 2013 so it was not a "choice" we made. I'll tell ya one thing, if you want to open a new business in Southeast Florida, BECOME AN AIR CONDITIONING SERVICE REPAIR PERSON FOR NORDYNE UNITS. YOU WILL MAKE A FORTUNE ON JUST REPLACING PARTS ON NORDYNE AIRTEMPS IF NOTHING ELSE. Thinking about it my darn self. Every time we turn around it's another $500 bucks for another ac Service call but it seems to be ALWAYS THE SAME ISSUE. DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON NORDYNE. Their customer SERVICE stink as well.
Date created: 2017-10-13 Name: Mr. White
Location: Polk County, FL

"Nutone/Nordyne AC"
Less than six years old.....3 coils, 2 fans and 2 reversal switches.....enough is enough....ridiculous....not cheap system.
Date created: 2017-07-11 Name: Gruven
Location: Dallas, TX

"You get what you pay for."
All of these bad reviews with bad experiences are self inflicted. Everyone here who bought a Nordyne was looking for the cheapest system they could find and got burned. The first red flag should have been the price. Hell they are 50 less than the cheapest Goodman, which is now a very good company with a good product..
Date created: 2017-05-22 Name: Laurel Parkerson
Location: Murfreesboro, TN

"NuTone by Nordyne AC unit"
We got a brand new NuTone unit less than 2 and 1/2 years ago for our new construction house and we have had to pay for 6+ service calls due to unit not cooling and now it has a leaking coil. Now, after paying for a second opinion service call for $220, we officially have a coil leaking refrigerant that has to be replaced. Although the warranty covers the coil, we have to pay $625 for labor to fix unit so it can function. Our hvac technician (who did not install the unit) said the unit is the least efficient and cheapest lowest quality unit we could have gotten for our house. Additionally, this problem should not occur with a newer unit such as ours. I called Nordyne, and they were not helpful in the slightest and told me all that is covered is parts. Absolutely horrible customer service!! I feel I basically have a lemon unit-we have paid out of pocket $1200 on a basically brand new unit. Horrible company, low quality product. Would not recommend to my worst enemy. Model #R8GD-048K096C
Date created: 2017-05-17 Name: DeeDee & Vernon Bricker
Location: Brighton, IL

"Very unhappy customer"
Our air was put in September 2011. First time running it was summer 2012. In 2013 or 2014 compressor needed replaced. Then in 2016 had freon leak. Installer supposedly fixed it. Yet May 16, 2017 we called another repair man, he said we had a leak..so now we are having a new unit installed. This unit should have lasted 10 to 15 years. Not 5 years!!! So far this year we are having issues. Why isn't Nordyne standing behind their products? Very unhappy consumer!!!! Would not purchase this brand again!
Date created: 2017-05-11 Name: Robert Kitchene
Location: Winter Haven, FL

"Faulty air conditioning unit"
We bought a Frigidaire 15 seer heat pump air conditioning unit almost 3 years ago and have had nothing but problems with it.The service guys have been here at least 15 times in those 3 years to try and fix the problem and things keep going wrong with it. It's broken down now twice in a week's time. I have pulmonary fibrosis and it gets very hot in Florida. When my air conditioner isn't working, it becomes very hard for me to breathe.
Date created: 2017-04-27 Name: Linda Ledbetter
Location: Albertville, AL

"Poor equipment."
I am constantly amazed that a large company like Nortel Gobel continues to sell such poor quality equipment and then refuses to replace it.