Consumer Reviews of NORDYNE central air conditioners

Read more about NORDYNE central air conditioners

Date created: 2017-05-22 Name: Laurel Parkerson
Location: Murfreesboro, TN

"NuTone by Nordyne AC unit"
We got a brand new NuTone unit less than 2 and 1/2 years ago for our new construction house and we have had to pay for 6+ service calls due to unit not cooling and now it has a leaking coil. Now, after paying for a second opinion service call for $220, we officially have a coil leaking refrigerant that has to be replaced. Although the warranty covers the coil, we have to pay $625 for labor to fix unit so it can function. Our hvac technician (who did not install the unit) said the unit is the least efficient and cheapest lowest quality unit we could have gotten for our house. Additionally, this problem should not occur with a newer unit such as ours. I called Nordyne, and they were not helpful in the slightest and told me all that is covered is parts. Absolutely horrible customer service!! I feel I basically have a lemon unit-we have paid out of pocket $1200 on a basically brand new unit. Horrible company, low quality product. Would not recommend to my worst enemy. Model #R8GD-048K096C

Date created: 2017-05-17 Name: DeeDee & Vernon Bricker
Location: Brighton, IL

"Very unhappy customer"
Our air was put in September 2011. First time running it was summer 2012. In 2013 or 2014 compressor needed replaced. Then in 2016 had freon leak. Installer supposedly fixed it. Yet May 16, 2017 we called another repair man, he said we had a leak..so now we are having a new unit installed. This unit should have lasted 10 to 15 years. Not 5 years!!! So far this year we are having issues. Why isn't Nordyne standing behind their products? Very unhappy consumer!!!! Would not purchase this brand again!

Date created: 2017-05-11 Name: Robert Kitchene
Location: Winter Haven, FL

"Faulty air conditioning unit"
We bought a Frigidaire 15 seer heat pump air conditioning unit almost 3 years ago and have had nothing but problems with it.The service guys have been here at least 15 times in those 3 years to try and fix the problem and things keep going wrong with it. It's broken down now twice in a week's time. I have pulmonary fibrosis and it gets very hot in Florida. When my air conditioner isn't working, it becomes very hard for me to breathe.

Date created: 2017-04-27 Name: Linda Ledbetter
Location: Albertville, AL

"Poor equipment."
I am constantly amazed that a large company like Nortel Gobel continues to sell such poor quality equipment and then refuses to replace it.

Date created: 2017-03-03 Name: Robert Bates
Location: Algonac, MI

"PIECE OF GARBAGE"
Condenser had a leak from day one. Took a while to figure out problem (didn't think new equip would be defective). Ra Townsend charged $104.50 to ship new one. In end with labor & costs it totaled more than $1000.00 extra for this piece of garbage. Terrible customer care!

Date created: 2016-10-11 Name: Mr. Soto
Location: Texas

"I'm an HVAC contractor"
Installed Nordyne which is Nortek equipment for over 8 years. I don't not recommend them, they have gone downhill. Buy another brand of system, that's all I have to say.

Date created: 2016-09-24 Name: steve hagan
Location: Panama City, FL

Do not spend your money on their pieces of junk.

Date created: 2016-04-26 Name: Timothy BENDALL
Location: Haywood, TN

"Had work done to it for 5 years, now need to replace a coil."
Had work done to it for 5 years, now need to replace a coil. Now it's going to cost $1500 to fix.

Date created: 2016-01-13 Name: Dennis Flynn
Location: Cocoa, FL

"Failure to stand behind their product"
Hi, I purchased a unit from ******* *** in Rockledge, Florida. They also installed it. I purchased this a little over a year ago. Since day one, there have been numerous problems with the unit causing numerous days and nights without having heat or air conditioning. The most recent was the compressor going bad and having to be replaced. I decided to get a second opinion when I kept having problems after the compressor was replaced and even more problems were uncovered and not resolved. It is costing me $1600.00 this time for the repairs on a practically new unit. I called and was given the runaround and told I would be called back, which has not happened yet. This is such incredibly poor service from both Nordyne and ******* ***. However, Nordyne authorized ******* *** to sell their products, so they bear the ultimate responsibility.

Date created: 2015-07-06 Name: david
Location: New Orleans, LA

"Junk, junk, junk; stay away from this unit."
Junk, junk, junk. Do not spend your money on this unit, it is pure junk.