Consumer Reviews of NORDYNE central air conditioners

Read more about NORDYNE central air conditioners

Date created: 2016-10-11 Name: Mr. Soto
Location: Texas

"I'm an HVAC contractor"
Installed Nordyne which is Nortek equipment for over 8 years. I don't not recommend them, they have gone downhill. Buy another brand of system, that's all I have to say.

Date created: 2016-09-24 Name: steve hagan
Location: Panama City, FL

Do not spend your money on their pieces of junk.

Date created: 2016-04-26 Name: Timothy BENDALL
Location: Haywood, TN

"Had work done to it for 5 years, now need to replace a coil."
Had work done to it for 5 years, now need to replace a coil. Now it's going to cost $1500 to fix.

Date created: 2016-01-13 Name: Dennis Flynn
Location: Cocoa, FL

"Failure to stand behind their product"
Hi, I purchased a unit from ******* *** in Rockledge, Florida. They also installed it. I purchased this a little over a year ago. Since day one, there have been numerous problems with the unit causing numerous days and nights without having heat or air conditioning. The most recent was the compressor going bad and having to be replaced. I decided to get a second opinion when I kept having problems after the compressor was replaced and even more problems were uncovered and not resolved. It is costing me $1600.00 this time for the repairs on a practically new unit. I called and was given the runaround and told I would be called back, which has not happened yet. This is such incredibly poor service from both Nordyne and ******* ***. However, Nordyne authorized ******* *** to sell their products, so they bear the ultimate responsibility.

Date created: 2015-07-06 Name: david
Location: New Orleans, LA

"Junk, junk, junk; stay away from this unit."
Junk, junk, junk. Do not spend your money on this unit, it is pure junk.

Date created: 2014-08-20 Name: William Hendrix
Location: Hayward, CA

"Bad product"
Had Comfort Masters of Poplar Bluff, Mo install a brand new unit in 2006, in my rental home. Every year there has been a problem and now I was just told the compressor is out at a cost to install of $1700. Never buy any of their products, they are worthless and a money pit.

Date created: 2013-06-25 Name: Sandy Shafer
Location: Elkview WV

"Terrible"
Got this AC with my new home. Worked fine for 6 years and now it has quit. Such a shame that a person pays so much for something to just last 6 years. We didn't even use it that much. Never ran it at night. Shame on the company for making a piece of junk.

Date created: 2013-06-07 Name: Wayne Peterson
Location: Lake City , Fl.

"Bad Units"
Came with my new home as a 16 seer unit, at first did its job well. However at almost 2 years, its freon accumulator failed bringing the compressor to quit. Found a great service company to replace compressor, then found reason that it failed (Accumulator). They fixed that and replaced compressor under warranty (if you call it that, had to pay labor). Come to find out Ironwood Homes never registered unit so I only have a 5 year warranty. Shame on Ironwood and Nordyne. I will not put another dime in this brand. Further, I am telling everyone I know to stay away from Nordyne.

Date created: 2012-09-07 Name: D.Carroll
Location: Lincolnton, NC

"Don't buy Nordyne..."
These systems are garbage so if you are determined to buy one make sure you get an extended labor warranty because if not you're going to spend a lot of your money on service calls for the replacement of components that have design defects. I've got two units and after the 2 year mark they've begun falling apart. The contractor that installed them for me has admitted that many of his other customers where he installed Nordynes are experiencing similar problems as well.

Date created: 2011-06-07 Name: Ramzi
Location: Grapevine Texas

"Tappan / Nordyne Stick and so does..."
And so does their customer service. A 3 year old (5 ton 14 seer) unit has never cooled as well as the 10 seer it replaced. Last year we replaced the 'coil' ($900 labor) and this year the compressor ($800-$1500 labor). Poor customer service from Nordyne as well. When we call trying to find on parts they referred us to the same distributor who said that they had order the part and had no idea of the cost for shipping. Cost of shipping???? Hell I paid the cost of shipping when I bought the original unit. Shame on you Nordyne....