Consumer Reviews of Mitsubishi central air conditioners

Read more about Mitsubishi central air conditioners

Date created: 2018-11-20 Name: Steve
Location: Boston, MA

"It's not a warranty. It's a lottery."
The unit that I now have to refurbish myself, that I just bought new from the supply house. Now this unit, if I do repair the leaking coil myself as Mitsubishi Customer Support wants me to do. Why should a defective unit you have to refurbish right off the shelf be sold at the full price of a unit?? How do you explain this to the customer? Why should they be ok with a unit that never worked from the installation and had two problems in the first few weeks of its life - a fried circuit board and a refrigerant leak. I understand the warranty covering a unit that breaks after a year of operation. But a unit that was never normal off the shelf - that you have to reassemble piece by piece - I just don't get it. In the lottery of defective units, I got the defective one, and I don't get a new one even though I just paid for it. I just wish this was advertised so that I could price an extra several $100 into the quote for the customer.

Date created: 2012-06-15 Name: Robert
Location: Manhattan, NY

"Failing Mitsubishi compressors"
We installed 47 Mitsubishi hvac units one year ago, in 2011. We have had to replace 5 pumps and now a compressor..after less than one year of service! The cost is $1,800 for parts and labor, which is not covered.
Date created: 2012-05-28 Name: HerbTapscott
Location: Hartselle Alabama

"Worthless Unit"
Do not buy, everything you read is false, I can blow more hot and cold air than this sorry unit. This unit will not heat or cool a 600 sq ft well insulated room..
Date created: 2011-03-11 Name: Ron Duckman
Location: Arlington, MA

"Support"
I have a Mitsubishi ductless ac which was installed over 5 years ago and have had it repaired twice, one under warranty and once not. The parts were avaialble and only had to wait 1 day for one and the SAME day installed for the other repair. I can believe today with UPS, any part can't be installed the next day. My suggestion is find a certified Mitsubishi dealer. They have to meet and maintain certain standards, whcih prevented me any problems.
Date created: 2010-09-10 Name: WAITING FOR PARTS

"DONT BUY"
PLEASE LOOK AT OTHER OPTIONS, ONCE A WEEK I TELL A CUSTOMER IT WILL TAKE FIVE WEEKS TO GET YOUR MITSUBISHI PART. no parts support at all.