Consumer Reviews of MAYTAG central air conditioners

Read more about MAYTAG central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-02-01 Name: Sherry
Location: Norfolk,VA

"I'm in love with my Maytag"
After doing a whole lot of research and talking to friends and neighbors we decided to go with a Maytag m1200 series ac and gas furnace. We love this new system along with our new Honeywell high definition thermostat. Last winter when it was cold we really needed our 95% 2-stage gas furnace. This year with a milder winter it's saving us tons of money because it's only using the lower stage of heat. I really to the stainless steel units. We couldn't find any other company that makes them.It's also peace of mind for us to have a 12 year warranty and my contractor told me if my compressor or heat exchanger fails in the 1st 12 years Maytag will give me a new unit a no charge. I have never heard of that before. I was also considering Trane but with the Maytag warranty it was a no-brainer. My husband and I are so glad we brought a Maytag, we'll be telling everyone we know about it. Thank you Maytag Man !

Date created: 2011-06-08 Name: Jack Smith
Location: Florence Kentucky

"Sales"
I bought a Maytag because it is the only product made in the USA. All others are made over seas. This product won Consumer Digest in 2009, 2010, 2011 for BEST UNIT in industry out of all brands. Way to go AMERICA, made in St. Louis MIssouri. 12 year parts, labor, and quality pledge ( new unit if Compressor fails) This is the best in the industry, many Evaluating Magazines give it #1

Date created: 2010-07-19 Name: FCJ3

"Don't do it."
We bought a m1200 Maytag central ac 2 years ago. With install, it cost about $12000.00. It worked great until the one year warranty ran out. Now, it is leaking coolant into my attic. We have used about $1000 worth of coolant and dyes (including labor) to find out that the coils are leaking. Maytag is now saying here is a new part, it is up to us to pay for the additional $1000 for the part install. And we have to pay for the coolant. I regret ever making this purchase. Also, I will never work with Maytag again.

Date created: 2009-12-02 Name: Charles Jones

"Maytag A/C Unit"
I have had maytag ac unit and furnace it is very quite and very energy effeicent

Date created: 2007-09-07 Name: Robert Aldrigde
Location: Northern Kentucky

exceptional quality. very low noise. excellent warranty. I am planning to purchase a Maytag furnace this fall. If you are looking for quality, this is it. First rate all the way.