Consumer Reviews of MAYTAG central air conditioners

Read more about MAYTAG central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-06-28 Name: DB
Location: Austin, TX

"DO NOT BUY"
I purchased this unit 6 years ago upon the recommendation of the a/c technician who conveniently sold his business soon after I bought this horrible unit. Last year in the midst of a Texas summer the unit stopped working and my hell began. First - no one works on maytag. I called every a/c repair in my area and they all said "no". Most would not even come out to look at the unit because they have never seen a Maytag a/c! The guys that did come out had 50 years of experience between them and all stated that they have never in their careers seen nor heard of a Maytag A/C. The warranty is worthless, as no one will work on the unit and the nearest dealer is three hours away. The warranty pays for 1 hour travel time and two hours of work - get the picture. Getting assistance from the warranty company is insulting. Placed on hold while being shuffled to countless departments all of whom have no interest or ability to help. A complaint to the BBB resulted in a response from the warranty representative that was filled with lies. At one point the warranty representative actually questioned whether I had a warranty! The unit cost me over $6,000.00 and after a mere 6 years I must buy a new unit. I am sending a second letter to the BBB and this time the FTC. I hope that after more disgruntled customers send in complaints in a few years a class action suit will result. DO NOT BUY A MAYTAG A/C.

Date created: 2012-05-16 Name: chris
Location: raleigh NC

"Piece of crap"
Please dont buy any Maytag equipment... they are the worst unit out there.. they have a fake 12 year parts and labor warranty.. I am a residential tech and a maytag dealer. within the first five years of owning a maytag system, you will experience expensive problems. #1 if you have the "12yr part 12yr labor", you first have to find an hvac company who are maytag dealers just to work on it. #2 maytag does not pay us to give to temporary ac/heat. or come out on the weekends. #3 maytag does not pay for shipping of any parts, and most of the time the vendor wont have the part and it has to be shipped from the factory. #4 maytag has a horrible warranty claim company called assurant solutions and they are extremely rude,un professional, and we have just about fight them over the phone just to get a claim and warranty. #5 maytag will not pay for all your repairs, refrigerant, and certain parts,which makes it the customers responsibility.. but you were sold a 12yr parts and labor.. #6 when you buy a maytag , they put a certain amount of your purchase into a pot. so when you have a repair the take out that money which goes towards the repair, and when the pot runs out of money. the customer then has to pay out of pocket. again you were sold a 12yr part and 12yr labor.. we are finding more and more companies that quit working on maytags because we the hvac company do not get paid the whole amount of the repair. we loose 100-500 dollars on each repair. the customer has no clue of these problems when they purchase a maytag.. please dont let the stainless steel and the "12yr parts and labor" fool you.. they are the worst unit out there now.....

Date created: 2012-02-01 Name: Sherry
Location: Norfolk,VA

"I'm in love with my Maytag"
After doing a whole lot of research and talking to friends and neighbors we decided to go with a Maytag m1200 series ac and gas furnace. We love this new system along with our new Honeywell high definition thermostat. Last winter when it was cold we really needed our 95% 2-stage gas furnace. This year with a milder winter it's saving us tons of money because it's only using the lower stage of heat. I really to the stainless steel units. We couldn't find any other company that makes them.It's also peace of mind for us to have a 12 year warranty and my contractor told me if my compressor or heat exchanger fails in the 1st 12 years Maytag will give me a new unit a no charge. I have never heard of that before. I was also considering Trane but with the Maytag warranty it was a no-brainer. My husband and I are so glad we brought a Maytag, we'll be telling everyone we know about it. Thank you Maytag Man !

Date created: 2011-06-08 Name: Jack Smith
Location: Florence Kentucky

"Sales"
I bought a Maytag because it is the only product made in the USA. All others are made over seas. This product won Consumer Digest in 2009, 2010, 2011 for BEST UNIT in industry out of all brands. Way to go AMERICA, made in St. Louis MIssouri. 12 year parts, labor, and quality pledge ( new unit if Compressor fails) This is the best in the industry, many Evaluating Magazines give it #1

Date created: 2010-07-19 Name: FCJ3

"Don't do it."
We bought a m1200 Maytag central ac 2 years ago. With install, it cost about $12000.00. It worked great until the one year warranty ran out. Now, it is leaking coolant into my attic. We have used about $1000 worth of coolant and dyes (including labor) to find out that the coils are leaking. Maytag is now saying here is a new part, it is up to us to pay for the additional $1000 for the part install. And we have to pay for the coolant. I regret ever making this purchase. Also, I will never work with Maytag again.

Date created: 2009-12-02 Name: Charles Jones

"Maytag A/C Unit"
I have had maytag ac unit and furnace it is very quite and very energy effeicent

Date created: 2007-09-07 Name: Robert Aldrigde
Location: Northern Kentucky

exceptional quality. very low noise. excellent warranty. I am planning to purchase a Maytag furnace this fall. If you are looking for quality, this is it. First rate all the way.