Consumer Reviews of Luxaire central air conditioners

Read more about Luxaire central air conditioners

Date created: 2014-07-07 Name: L. Forlizzi
Location: Penbrook, PA

"Replaced Entire 30 + Year Old CARRIER System with LUXAIRE"
Installed 6 days ago on one of the hottest & humid of days. The Luxaire system (ac, furnace and aprilaire humidifier) recommended by shadel & knoll hvac, inc. Took just 2 days to remove the old system and install the new one; and 1 day to cool my 100+ year old farmhouse. I relied solely on the information provided by Greg Knoll and Mike Shadel whom I've known all my life and trust, to purchase this new system. I like the compact size, quiet operation and reasonable cost of the luxaire system. It appears to be handling the load as well as the 30+ year old carrier system it replaced...prior to it's deterioration approximately 1 year ago. Also, the installed pump now carries the ac condensation and humidifier overflow overhead directly to the drain eliminating the unsightly and cumbersome pipe that ran along the basement floor to the drain with the older system. Compact, works great, costs less...I Would definitely buy the same brand again!

Date created: 2014-06-25 Name: T. Biggens
Location: DAllas, TX

"Okay so far"
I've had a pretty good run with Luxaire. No complaints.
Date created: 2014-06-19 Name: Johanna Munson
Location: New Jersey

"Added another system with my addition"
We have had a Luxaire a/c system for about 10 years now with no trouble. We have the system maintenance done by the a/c guy every spring and it's all good. We just did an addition on the house and told the contractor to make sure that another Luxaire is installed for the second system. They installed the system which is bigger than the last outdoor piece apparently because it is more energy efficient. My electric bill actually went down with the second unit because the older unit isn't working so hard any more and the new one is better energy rated.
Date created: 2014-03-06 Name: ronnie
Location: orange , tx

"Outside luxaire unit"
Had a year and coil leak and freon last 2 days before all leaks out.was told that they have had so many people with leaking coils that they were not warrenty anymore
Date created: 2013-08-01 Name: B. Miley
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

"Do Not Buy A York/Luxaire!!!!!"
Do not buy a York/Luxaire AC ever!!!! It has saved me on my utility bill, but the repair work on it has exceeded that savings. I had to pay almost $1,000 on the repair work, freon/labor in one week. The tech said York/Luxaire had put some sort of insulation on the evaporator coils that was eating away on the coils. It made all of the freon leak out. I bought mine in November 2008. It worked okay, did not ever cool as I thought it should. Last week it stopped cooling, the more it ran, the hotter it got. I definitely would not buy again!
Date created: 2013-07-31 Name: Tom

"Luxaire 4-Ton Central A/C"
Had a Luxaire 4-ton central A/C system installed when we built our home in 1999. I am just now replacing the unit with a Rheem 5-ton system. Would have went back with Luxaire, but my preferred A/C service contractor installs Rheem systems. The system worked great for 11-12 years. Had to have freon added the last 2-3 years once each summer. The system lasted 14 years. That's not too bad for having to perform in Louisiana's hot humid summers.
Date created: 2013-07-15 Name: D Elling
Location: Centereach NY

"Love Luxaire"
I have had the same Luxaire central air split system installed in my house for 43 years, not a misprint! Yes, 43 years. I replaced the condenser fan motor and the capacitor for it once, about 10 years ago. I change the air filter yearly and keep the condenser clear of anything that could block air flow to it. Only now am I replacing it because the condensate pan in the blower has rusted through and also because of its low seer rating. What's the secret to 43 years of service? It's almost 99% the guy who installs it. These systems are complicated involving principles of thermodynamics, physics, and electricity, all working in balance. Hundreds of millions of dollars have been spent in the world over the years to improve the efficiency of A/C systems. Then if you give it to a pig to install, it will immediately lose 30% of its efficiency and die within a few years from compressor failure most likely due to sloppy refrigerant field piping.
Date created: 2012-09-11 Name: DAVID
Location: Schriever,La

"Wonderful ac central system"
When you look on line at the wonderful web page you would think hey this company makes good products. Far from it. I built a new home three years ago unfortunately my contractors used luxaire as the hvac unit. First the fan motor for the a coil went out one year later. Three days no ac in Louisiana sure no problem. The same story about the condenser coil two years later.if you want poor quality poor service and poor warranty buy luxaire you will get it....
Date created: 2012-08-13 Name: R Cookson
Location: Lake Charles LA

"Stay away"
Unit is 4 yrs old.Had service tech come out to find out why the unit was not cooling.Leak on coil on outside condenser unit.Said it was real common as they use a real thin coil. Unit is under warranty, but not the labor. With 96 degree heat in la my wife can't be w/o a/C. Will be getting a different unit this winte
Date created: 2012-07-23 Name: Ryan
Location: ontario canada

"AC requires service every year"
At first when our unit was installed, 2 days later is started to make a terrible sound. I called the company and he said it was the first ac unit he put it that was defective from Luxaire and promptly replaced it. Fast forward a year later and my unit froze outside, not enough air flow so fixed that. Now again into my 3rd year, the air is not cold anymore, the fan is working. This unit is a certified piece of crap.