Consumer Reviews of LUXAIRE central air conditioners

Read more about LUXAIRE central air conditioners

Date created: 2015-06-04 Name: P. Richards
Location: Waterford, MI

"Cool house!"
The new A/C unit is more covered, so it will get fewer fuzzies from all my flowering trees! The old coil had rusted through and water was pouring all over my basement floor. I bought a new furnace in December, and thought I could make it through another summer without replacing the A/C. I bought the same brand as my furnace, and now I don't worry about leaving the house! Everything is new.

Date created: 2015-06-03 Name: N.F. Byers
Location: Harrison Township, MI

"Freon leaks out"
I had a 20 year old Luxaire AC that worked great but it was getting old, so in 2009 I replaced my AC and furnace with Luxaire. While the furnace seems OK, the Freon has leaked out twice and cost $300 each time to replace. The AC is only six years old. The tech said it could go as high as $1,500 to fix! Anyone know of a class action lawsuit for Luxaire ACs? Sign me up.

Date created: 2015-05-17 Name: S. Benkert
Location: Granbury, TX

"Luxaire AC & Heating"
I like the quietness of this brand/unit. So far it is good.

Date created: 2015-05-16 Name: Ronald Coleman
Location: Houston, Texas

"Luxaire as a replacement for 15 year old unit"
Luxaire had a few poor reviews several years ago on the internet! I placed my trust in my A/C contractor's assurance that the unit was updated and have been pleasantly surprised by the quietness and efficiency of the unit ! My house cools quickly and my electric bill is at least fifty percent less than the previous year during the hot summer months! The unit looks very modern and should last many years!!

Date created: 2014-08-22 Name: carl labiche
Location: Iowa, LA

"Inside Unit"
I like everything but the fact that the inside unit was larger than the old and extreme modifications had to be take at great cost and effort

Date created: 2014-08-14 Name: richard miller
Location: China Spring, TX

"Homeowner"
My ac unit was replaced in the Spring of this year with a Luxair unit. Sunday August 10, I came home from church to hot house. My ac service person came out on Sunday and determined that the compressor motor had shorted out. He said that the unit was under warranty and that he would be out the next day with a replacement compressor. Monday he called and told me that the Luxair people did not have a replacement available, and would have to order one from Louisiana that would be in Thursday. Turns out that replacement units were available at several different supply houses in town, but that the serial numbers could not be exchanged..what a load of crap!!!!!. Two people in their 70s were subjected to this Texas heat for 4 1/2 days. I will tell everyone in my church, volunteer groups, friends and anyone that will listen to avoid Luxaire at all cost. they do not care about people or replacing substandard parts that fail. Also, the local supply person was about as understanding as a goat in heat. No, absolutely no compassion for customers in distress...

Date created: 2014-07-07 Name: L. Forlizzi
Location: Penbrook, PA

"Replaced Entire 30 + Year Old CARRIER System with LUXAIRE"
Installed 6 days ago on one of the hottest & humid of days. The Luxaire system (ac, furnace and aprilaire humidifier) recommended by shadel & knoll hvac, inc. Took just 2 days to remove the old system and install the new one; and 1 day to cool my 100+ year old farmhouse. I relied solely on the information provided by Greg Knoll and Mike Shadel whom I've known all my life and trust, to purchase this new system. I like the compact size, quiet operation and reasonable cost of the luxaire system. It appears to be handling the load as well as the 30+ year old carrier system it replaced...prior to it's deterioration approximately 1 year ago. Also, the installed pump now carries the ac condensation and humidifier overflow overhead directly to the drain eliminating the unsightly and cumbersome pipe that ran along the basement floor to the drain with the older system. Compact, works great, costs less...I Would definitely buy the same brand again!

Date created: 2014-06-29 Name: Jeff Schilling
Location: Rockford, Michigan

"Luxaire 3.5 Ton 13 SEER A/C System"
This unit is very quiet and reliable. Starts fast and the installation went quickly. The design is also nice - would complement most any home. I would recommend. I would also highly recommend my installer, Cutting Edge Mechanical, in Rockford Michigan if you are in West Michigan. Very prompt, professional and courteous service. Answered all my questions and excellent clean up - would have never known they were here. Great price too!

Date created: 2014-06-25 Name: T. Biggens
Location: DAllas, TX

"Okay so far"
I've had a pretty good run with Luxaire. No complaints.

Date created: 2014-06-19 Name: Johanna Munson
Location: New Jersey

"Added another system with my addition"
We have had a Luxaire a/c system for about 10 years now with no trouble. We have the system maintenance done by the a/c guy every spring and it's all good. We just did an addition on the house and told the contractor to make sure that another Luxaire is installed for the second system. They installed the system which is bigger than the last outdoor piece apparently because it is more energy efficient. My electric bill actually went down with the second unit because the older unit isn't working so hard any more and the new one is better energy rated.