Consumer Reviews of Luxaire central air conditioners

Read more about Luxaire central air conditioners

Date created: 2016-07-07 Name: Cyndi Robinson
Location: Courtice, Ontario, Canada

"Luxaire AC"
Love the equipment. Very efficient and cools my whole home. I would highly recommend the brand and True North.

Date created: 2016-06-17 Name: Patricia Curtis
Location: Brantford, Ontario,Canada

"Luxaire"
I purchased my condo in October 2010. I was able to move in on October 31, 2010. From 2011 to 2015 I have had problems with my AC, which the contractor installed, not working. The contractor has come every year to get it working. In 2014 he told me the AC was still under warranty. In 2014 one of his employees finally arrived to put a solution to the AC as he said we should fix the pinhole leak. I questioned him, asking if would this solve the problem for good. The employee stated there is no guarantee. In 2015 my AC was not working. I called the contractor, he said he would be right out shortly to get it working again. I told him what his employee had told me about the pinhole. Again he said the AC was under warranty, however he would have to see what was wrong with it, he said maybe it was something else. He never showed up at all after many messages I left on his cell phone. I sent him a letter, and still have not heard from him. May 26, 2016, I took it upon myself to call this contractor's cell and he answered. I asked him why he didnít come to fix my AC. He said I thought you got it fixed, I donít do this anymore. I think he said he does Industrial AC now Ė not sure. He said if he could remember the problem with my AC it was a loading service valve. Then why wasnít this repaired in 2011 when he knew this? My feeling is he should have replaced the AC in 2011. There are 33 condo units where I live. I have been told that 4 have had to replace their Luxaire AC units and they are all refurbished.
Date created: 2016-05-14 Name: T.Morton
Location: La Quinta, CA

"Equipment Installation"
These units replace a 15-year-old system and increase the SEER rating from 10 to 15, with an EER of 12.7, and qualified for a utility rebate. The installation went very well (2 men, 5 hrs). The units are attractive, quiet and smaller then their predecessor. I will report on maintenance & repairs in a year. The installer was Speedy Air Conditioning of La Quinta, California, and the total installation cost was $5,800. Based on competitive bids this was the "best value" selection.
Date created: 2016-05-11 Name: Bill
Location: Ruston, LA

"Sucks"
Piece of crap! Two years in a row (both July 4 weekend) it went out. Brand new house, this is the 3rd summer. Get ready for #3 failure now.
Date created: 2016-04-30 Name: JOHN DEL
Location: Bergen County, NJ

"Don't waste your money!"
I'm not surre of my model or series but it is a 7 year old unit we had installed when we moved in. The coil is leaking and needs to be replaced, on a 7 year old unit! My installer contacted Luxaire to see if they would cover it and they refused. I would never buy anything from this company again!
Date created: 2016-03-18 Name: Brent
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

"Unsatisfied"
I had my Luxaire air conditioner installed about 5 years ago. However, I live in a smaller home with an upstairs. I only ran the unit on days that were over 80 to keep my room cool when I'm sleeping coming off nightshifts. I babied it and never kept it running continuously. At best it would only keep my upstairs room barely cool enough to sleep. And at 5 years old the compressor and fan motor completely failed, according to the diagnostics performed by a licensed technician. Wasn't worth fixing versus a new one. People, be warned about products that boast efficiency and simply don't work. I'm currently trying to find a competent and affordable replacement, as there is no warranty for this one. I hope this helps someone else.
Date created: 2016-03-16 Name: G. Durand
Location: Arlington, VA

"Luxaire 4-ton 2-stage central air"
Installation this week of central air (model AL8b048F1) took all day (removed old and put in new) but it was a fairly easy process. The 2 stage unit should save on the utility bill and the system is very quiet. Its compatible with my existing Luxaire furnace so the heat and the air conditioning should work well together. Of course time will tell if the unit holds up but so far so good.
Date created: 2015-09-03 Name: E. Davis
Location: Vidalia

"Quick review"
I like this brand equipment because it's affordable. I don't like the noise it makes when the unit is on. I would more than likely purchase a brand that does not produce so much noise when blowing.
Date created: 2015-08-26 Name: Michael O
Location: Marietta, GA

"Great equipment and working perfectly"
Great buy and cooling great. Cannot ask for more, good value.
Date created: 2015-08-23 Name: D Smith
Location: Wimberley, TX

"Luxaire all in one AC unit"
So far this unit runs quietly and cools a two story home in Texas quickly. UPDATE:10/13/15 This unit is an all in one heat and AC unit, it has only been about two and a half months since it was installed. The contractor had to add the heat kit, he had no problem with that or installing the unit to the house. The duct work from the old unit was at a different angle, had to add more duct work. The unit is a little loud when the compressor kicks in, then it is quiet. So far I would recommend the product, it cools our 1,450 square foot home very well.