Consumer Reviews of Luxaire central air conditioners

Read more about Luxaire central air conditioners

Date created: 2017-09-25 Name: Sheila A Howard
Location: Fort Worth, TX

"Got a new AC and Heating unit installed in 2013. Had to have Three coil replacements done and five visits to fix this unit."
Had to have the installer come at least five times to fix my outside unit (Luxaire) the coil broke that often. I hired a new company to replace a coil just today at a cost of $1166.50. The parts were under warranty so I didn't have to pay for them but the labor costs are adding up to more than what I paid for the unit to be installed in 2013.

Date created: 2017-06-06 Name: Brenda Lohman
Location: Mason, IL

"AC Unit"
My unit was installed march 22 2017 stopped cooling the end of may 2017 less then three months old. Called the installer they sent a service guy out. Was told it was struck by lightning therefore the warranty wont cover the repairs. This unit was working three days after thunderstorm and there is no marks on unit where it might of been struck I got this installed through a weatherization program due to my low income now I have no air conditioning in my home cause they took my old unit when they installed this one which old unit was working just fine. Very very unhappy with this company and product would. Not recommend this company to anyone.

Date created: 2017-04-30 Name: J. Becker
Location: Washington, DC

"Sturdy and Reliable"
After 21 years, we are replacing our Luxaire unit. It has been great. When we bought it, I had never heard of the brand, but the installer assured me that though not well known, it was a solid, dependable unit. We've had no problems with it. Only expense has been annual maintenance on it with our contractor. It's still running cool--albeit with lessened efficiency--but needs some work, so we've decided, considering its age, we should replace it. We've been very happy with our Luxaire. I've been told by many people, including a Carrier salesperson, that most units are pretty much the same; the most important thing is the competence of the installer.

Date created: 2017-02-01 Name: K. Purgahn
Location: Bryan, TX

"Do NOT buy Luxaire"
December 2010 central Air and Heat Pump unit installed. $4,500 December 2012 replaced compressor $550 (labor) January 2013 replaced compressor $550 (labor) February 2015 replaced compressor $550 (labor) July 2015 replaced air handler $1,800 April 2016 replaced capacitor $195 January 2017 out again! After hours so I will call to have it replaced in the morning.

Date created: 2016-07-20 Name: R. Bartley
Location: Croswell, MI

"AC review"
I have very much enjoyed my new AC unit. It provides enough cool air for the entire home. Contractor who installed my air unit was very professional, fast and courteous.

Date created: 2016-07-20 Name: Erma Butler
Location: Smithdale, MS

"AC evaluation"
Great system for a reasonable price. The system runs quietly and efficiently. I would definitely recommend this system to anyone who would like to find a reasonably priced and durable air conditioning unit for their home.

Date created: 2016-07-19 Name: Total Replacement
Location: Columbus, OH

"Great system and value"
Just got a totally new Luxaire system. So far so good after 2 months. I took advantage of a company offer for a free A/C unit with purchase of a new system. Good value.

Date created: 2016-07-07 Name: Terry Green
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

"Happy, happy, happy!"
I felt compelled to share a couple of things we learned this summer when we had our air conditioner replaced. For one, our Tempstar central AC unit lasted just over 5 years. The company that installed it didn't register it, and so when it croaked we didn't even get the advertised 10-year warranty. This is unacceptable, we sure can't afford a new one every 5 years. We had a friend in Hudsonville that had a Luxaire that was going on 16 years old, and they strongly recommended that brand. The dealer we called was extremely helpful in pointing out the potential downfall of the old system after he performed something called a Manual J, which is how HVAC equipment should be sized. The new unit looks 10 times better, is half as loud, and our contractor put in a system that qualified us for a boat load of tax credits and utility rebates. I'd advise anyone looking for a furnace or air conditioner to look at Luxaire, which I honestly had never heard of until this whole fiasco. Also note, Luxaire donates money to Make-A-Wish. If you know what that is, enough said. If you don't, you need to look it up. We researched the company, and it made swallowing another bill a touch easier.

Date created: 2016-07-07 Name: Cyndi Robinson
Location: Courtice, Ontario, Canada

"Luxaire AC"
Love the equipment. Very efficient and cools my whole home. I would highly recommend the brand and True North.

Date created: 2016-06-17 Name: Patricia Curtis
Location: Brantford, Ontario,Canada

"Luxaire"
I purchased my condo in October 2010. I was able to move in on October 31, 2010. From 2011 to 2015 I have had problems with my AC, which the contractor installed, not working. The contractor has come every year to get it working. In 2014 he told me the AC was still under warranty. In 2014 one of his employees finally arrived to put a solution to the AC as he said we should fix the pinhole leak. I questioned him, asking if would this solve the problem for good. The employee stated there is no guarantee. In 2015 my AC was not working. I called the contractor, he said he would be right out shortly to get it working again. I told him what his employee had told me about the pinhole. Again he said the AC was under warranty, however he would have to see what was wrong with it, he said maybe it was something else. He never showed up at all after many messages I left on his cell phone. I sent him a letter, and still have not heard from him. May 26, 2016, I took it upon myself to call this contractor's cell and he answered. I asked him why he didnít come to fix my AC. He said I thought you got it fixed, I donít do this anymore. I think he said he does Industrial AC now Ė not sure. He said if he could remember the problem with my AC it was a loading service valve. Then why wasnít this repaired in 2011 when he knew this? My feeling is he should have replaced the AC in 2011. There are 33 condo units where I live. I have been told that 4 have had to replace their Luxaire AC units and they are all refurbished.