Consumer Reviews of Luxaire central air conditioners

Read more about Luxaire central air conditioners

Date created: 2018-07-20 Name: Phuong

"Frustrated Installer"
I am an HVAC contractor. I've been in this business for almost 20 years. I have installed thousand of units. The problem I have with other brands are mostly minor due to defective parts. For the most part, it's an easy repair. I just recently installed three Luxaire AC gas furnace systems. Its only been three months and I have been back to my customer's house almost every week for repairs. It's embarrassing and very frustrating. I've been thinking days and night what will cause these problems. Even question myself if I install it wrong. Just like these thousand units I installed before, I followed instructions as manufacture required. All I can say is out of the nine units I installed for nine different customers within two months, only the Luxaire systems are giving me problems and numerous calls to return to customers' houses. The other brands, I have zero calls back. Luxaire is junk. It's embarrassing to even be a part of it. I've taken a loss and I'm super frustrated.

Date created: 2018-03-30 Name: Xavier Cash
Location: Mississippi

"One year and then trouble"
My 3.5 ton 80% Luxaire gas pack was trouble free for the first heating and cooling season and then the second summer the air conditioning went out. Circulating fan motor burned out. Then when heating season arrived, no heat. The tech cleaned a pressure switch and it ran for a few days then no heat again. This time they had to replace the gas valve and an electronic module. Parts were covered under warranty but I've paid for 3 service calls on a 2 year old unit. This unit has had as many service calls as the 15 year old unit it replaced had during its life. With this many problems I've had to take out an annual service policy on the unit to the tune of $200/yr, whether I need it or not.
Date created: 2017-09-25 Name: Sheila A Howard
Location: Fort Worth, TX

"Got a new AC and Heating unit installed in 2013. Had to have Three coil replacements done and five visits to fix this unit."
Had to have the installer come at least five times to fix my outside unit (Luxaire) the coil broke that often. I hired a new company to replace a coil just today at a cost of $1166.50. The parts were under warranty so I didn't have to pay for them but the labor costs are adding up to more than what I paid for the unit to be installed in 2013.
Date created: 2017-06-06 Name: Brenda Lohman
Location: Mason, IL

"AC Unit"
My unit was installed march 22 2017 stopped cooling the end of may 2017 less then three months old. Called the installer they sent a service guy out. Was told it was struck by lightning therefore the warranty wont cover the repairs. This unit was working three days after thunderstorm and there is no marks on unit where it might of been struck I got this installed through a weatherization program due to my low income now I have no air conditioning in my home cause they took my old unit when they installed this one which old unit was working just fine. Very very unhappy with this company and product would. Not recommend this company to anyone.
Date created: 2017-04-30 Name: J. Becker
Location: Washington, DC

"Sturdy and Reliable"
After 21 years, we are replacing our Luxaire unit. It has been great. When we bought it, I had never heard of the brand, but the installer assured me that though not well known, it was a solid, dependable unit. We've had no problems with it. Only expense has been annual maintenance on it with our contractor. It's still running cool--albeit with lessened efficiency--but needs some work, so we've decided, considering its age, we should replace it. We've been very happy with our Luxaire. I've been told by many people, including a Carrier salesperson, that most units are pretty much the same; the most important thing is the competence of the installer.
Date created: 2017-02-01 Name: K. Purgahn
Location: Bryan, TX

"Do NOT buy Luxaire"
December 2010 central Air and Heat Pump unit installed. $4,500 December 2012 replaced compressor $550 (labor) January 2013 replaced compressor $550 (labor) February 2015 replaced compressor $550 (labor) July 2015 replaced air handler $1,800 April 2016 replaced capacitor $195 January 2017 out again! After hours so I will call to have it replaced in the morning.
Date created: 2016-07-20 Name: R. Bartley
Location: Croswell, MI

"AC review"
I have very much enjoyed my new AC unit. It provides enough cool air for the entire home. Contractor who installed my air unit was very professional, fast and courteous.
Date created: 2016-07-20 Name: Erma Butler
Location: Smithdale, MS

"AC evaluation"
Great system for a reasonable price. The system runs quietly and efficiently. I would definitely recommend this system to anyone who would like to find a reasonably priced and durable air conditioning unit for their home.
Date created: 2016-07-19 Name: Total Replacement
Location: Columbus, OH

"Great system and value"
Just got a totally new Luxaire system. So far so good after 2 months. I took advantage of a company offer for a free A/C unit with purchase of a new system. Good value.
Date created: 2016-07-07 Name: Terry Green
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

"Happy, happy, happy!"
I felt compelled to share a couple of things we learned this summer when we had our air conditioner replaced. For one, our Tempstar central AC unit lasted just over 5 years. The company that installed it didn't register it, and so when it croaked we didn't even get the advertised 10-year warranty. This is unacceptable, we sure can't afford a new one every 5 years. We had a friend in Hudsonville that had a Luxaire that was going on 16 years old, and they strongly recommended that brand. The dealer we called was extremely helpful in pointing out the potential downfall of the old system after he performed something called a Manual J, which is how HVAC equipment should be sized. The new unit looks 10 times better, is half as loud, and our contractor put in a system that qualified us for a boat load of tax credits and utility rebates. I'd advise anyone looking for a furnace or air conditioner to look at Luxaire, which I honestly had never heard of until this whole fiasco. Also note, Luxaire donates money to Make-A-Wish. If you know what that is, enough said. If you don't, you need to look it up. We researched the company, and it made swallowing another bill a touch easier.