Consumer Reviews of Lennox central air conditioners

Read more about Lennox central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-06-27 Name: KimdR
Location: Gainesville GA

"Lennox is Junk"
2 Units in our house, 7 years old. 2nd floor unit replaced after 6 years, not main floor unit needs to be replaced. Lennox won't do anything to help us. We shouldn't have to replace both units when they are only 6 & & years old. DON'T buy Lennox.

Date created: 2011-06-22 Name: S. Kearney
Location: Sonora, CA

"Wish I had seen these reviews before I bought"
We have had this unit for 1 year and had to have the dealer out 22 times. We got a top of the line 5 ton unit with 3 zones in the house. These people that claim they have the best HVAC should be sued for false advertising. I work with quite a few people in a small community and when they ask about Lennox I tell them to buy anything else but that brand.

Date created: 2011-06-22 Name: Jane
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"Hope I haven't made an expensive mistake..."
I just signed a purchase order for a new Lennox unit, the X-17 ($9000!) to replace the one currently in place (but not functioning, as I swelter in 90 degree whether). Bought my home new in 2001- construction grade Lennox model of the Elite Series (CB30 M or something like that) broke down within 3 months of moving in. It was still in warranty so I did not have to pay to have it replaced. Has broken down twice. the first time the repairman blamed it on lightening and convinced me to purchase a "surge protection" unit for $75. The next, I never got a good sense of what the reason for the breakdown was. I was on a service plan and arranged for at least one service call a year. Last years service visit- the repairman indicated it would break down within the year and to plan on a new one and sure enough, yesterday was my unlucky day. Service agent came out today and talked me into the X-17 for the aforementioned 9 grand. After reading all these reviews, hope I have not made a big mistake!

Date created: 2011-06-15 Name: Lawrence Anderson
Location: Austin,TX

"I got a LEMON"
I purchased this unit in 2007 and I have had to have it serviced every year and sometimes up to five times in one year and Lenox not willing to do anything about my unit. They have charged me out the kazoo in Labor cost and time spent waiting for a tech to come out is just outrageous. I know one thing for sure I will never purchase another lennox system ever again. This was my second unit and the first one barley lasted 6 years and dummy me purchased another on and it has been a lemon from day one. My next unit will be a Carrier or some other brand but I just as soon not have ac then buy a Lennox.

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: Chuck Harris
Location: Nashville, TN

"The Signature Money Pit W/this package unit"
I've had my unit for only 3 yrs and it stopped cooling, I've had it serviced regulary. This last time they had to add 4 1/2 pounds of refrigerant, @ $189.00 and didn't find a leak. I smell a scam, this energy star product, Dave Lennox Signture Collection 15GCSX cost $6100.00 sometimes we get moore for less. I feel that there is a leak, but after talking to customer don't care service I know that I'm on my own, They were short and rude. I will NEVER buy LENNOX again.

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: Ted Newhook
Location: West Palm Beach Florida

"COIL FAILURE"
We install a completely new Lennox System in our home and were told that they had the least problems. ONE YEAR later we are now having major problems the coiling coil failed and the Service company now tells us this in an ongoing problem from Lennos. The also told us it will be a least a few days to get the part. It is now 88 degreees in the house this is not what i paid Thoursands of dollars for andour service provider is great but he cannot fix something that Lennox does not have parts for. This is POOR SERVICE from Lennox from my view.

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: B Furry
Location: Tiltonsville, Ohio

"Shot after only 8 yrs!"
Bought 2 furnaces and 2 central air units 8yrs ago. One ac unit already shot! 3 to go? Will never buy again. I will do my best to tell everyone I know! Thinking about a few letter to the editors to describe my experience with the dealer AND company!

Date created: 2011-05-23 Name: Michael Hudosn
Location: Bossier City, LA

"Good equipment????"
New construction late 2005, first used 2 (1-5 ton, 1-3 ton) in 2006. Since that time the entire 3 ton outside unit has been replaced, the condensor coil on the 5 ton has been replaced, the service valve replaced, both attic evaporator coils have been replaced. Leak testing done 4-5 times, freon added or totally replaced on each occasion. Never have had a season without something being replaced or refilled. $750 bill last summer, $1250 invoive today for freon, installation of coil and service valve. Service company run by friend and neighbor who installed in my home the top of the line units and setup he put in his own home. Have zero confidence that units will work for 6-12 months without more parts and service. If they had lemon laws in Louisiana on a/c systems I would have already hired an attorney and filed.

Date created: 2011-05-22 Name: TJ Machado
Location: Mississauga, CA

"Nine Years Service and then leaks"
Gave good service for 9 years then seems to have sprung a leak. Replaced refrigerant after 9 years and then again it seems to need 2.5 lbs of refigerant implying a leak in the coil. I was expecting at least 15 years of trouble free service given I maintain it well.

Date created: 2011-05-21 Name: Crcil Turner
Location: danville, Ga.

"Home package a/c and heat pump"
Bought in Aug. 2009, started having problems in 2010 wouldn't cool to outside temp. 77 degrees is as far as it would bring down inside temp.and that is continously running 24 hrs a day. Freon had leaked out of coil. even though there was a warranty on coil, Lennox would not pay to replace bad component or poor workmanship, whichever caused problem.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>