Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: B Furry
Location: Tiltonsville, Ohio

"Shot after only 8 yrs!"
Bought 2 furnaces and 2 central air units 8yrs ago. One ac unit already shot! 3 to go? Will never buy again. I will do my best to tell everyone I know! Thinking about a few letter to the editors to describe my experience with the dealer AND company!

Date created: 2011-05-23 Name: Michael Hudosn
Location: Bossier City, LA

"Good equipment????"
New construction late 2005, first used 2 (1-5 ton, 1-3 ton) in 2006. Since that time the entire 3 ton outside unit has been replaced, the condensor coil on the 5 ton has been replaced, the service valve replaced, both attic evaporator coils have been replaced. Leak testing done 4-5 times, freon added or totally replaced on each occasion. Never have had a season without something being replaced or refilled. $750 bill last summer, $1250 invoive today for freon, installation of coil and service valve. Service company run by friend and neighbor who installed in my home the top of the line units and setup he put in his own home. Have zero confidence that units will work for 6-12 months without more parts and service. If they had lemon laws in Louisiana on a/c systems I would have already hired an attorney and filed.

Date created: 2011-05-22 Name: TJ Machado
Location: Mississauga, CA

"Nine Years Service and then leaks"
Gave good service for 9 years then seems to have sprung a leak. Replaced refrigerant after 9 years and then again it seems to need 2.5 lbs of refigerant implying a leak in the coil. I was expecting at least 15 years of trouble free service given I maintain it well.

Date created: 2011-05-21 Name: Crcil Turner
Location: danville, Ga.

"Home package a/c and heat pump"
Bought in Aug. 2009, started having problems in 2010 wouldn't cool to outside temp. 77 degrees is as far as it would bring down inside temp.and that is continously running 24 hrs a day. Freon had leaked out of coil. even though there was a warranty on coil, Lennox would not pay to replace bad component or poor workmanship, whichever caused problem.

Date created: 2011-04-22 Name: Mike C
Location: Greensboro, NC

"Lennox's Dual Zone System Has Problems"
Just spent $839.00 yesterday for a bad control board. I've replaced the fan, had trouble with the furnace, and have a freon leak somewhere. The system is good when it's running well but a piece of junk when it's not. I hope it will keep running another 7 years without costing too much money!

Date created: 2011-04-22 Name: Cecil Turner
Location: Danville Ga.

"Model no. 15chpxa-48-230-1A pkg unit"
I have owned a Lennox air conditioner heatpump pkg unit for 1year and about 8 mo. It is the sorriest unit I have ever had. It started going bad at the end of the first summer, quit cooling like it should, had water in air duck replaced. Started up second summer, wouldn't cool at all. Freon had leaked out of the evaporator coils. Coils had frozen up, causing the drain pan to freeze and bust . All around bottom of cabinate on cooling side had rusted up. Contacted Lennox, warranty on coil and compressor, but you had to pay all shipping, all labor, Labor is twice as high as their used parts. DO NOT BUY A LENNOX. IT IS A PEICE OF GARBAGE AND SHOULD BE PULLED FROM CONSUMERS.

Date created: 2011-04-21 Name: R. Eitab
Location: Tampa FL

"Nothing but Trouble"
This unit ran great for the first couple of years then went straight down hill from there. Although I get routine maintenance twice per year it still performs poorly. Always something wrong every year there is an expense Capp went out, then blower motor went out, then something else all the time. Now R22 leak is the latest some minimal warranty coverage but a very poor quality product. I will never buy another Lennox! You couldn't even give me one.

Date created: 2011-04-18 Name: Mark Wahlmeier
Location: Adair, OK

"Poor Quality Products"
Own 2 units .... both had to be repaired day 1 ... major repairs every 6 months since. Poor quality from day one! Poor quality parts! Slow to react to lemon product. Will never own a lennox again!

Date created: 2011-04-13 Name: Sherry Steinway
Location: Atlanta, Ga.

"5 Lennox units in new house"
We have 5 units in a new house - 3 years old. Extremely unsatisfactory. Four of the five units major repairs, condensers, freon leaks, boards - terrible service from Lenox and their rep in Atlanta - Peachtree Services. We have paid out over $2500 in repairs already and have two more units leaking freon. We are looking at $1500-$2000 more in repairs. I'm ready to throw away units and GET A DIFFERENT BRAND. I will never buy Lennox again.

Date created: 2011-02-16 Name: mike
Location: sarasota fl

"Don't think its worth it"
I've had mine for 8 years. 2 capacitors replaced, and 1 fan motor. $300 each. Now the compressor. $1,700. i change my filters monthly, good 3m ones not cheap ones. i wet vac the condensation monthly. So it has cost me $2,600. I will give this one last try, if it breaks, I'm done with lennox.