Consumer Reviews of Lennox central air conditioners

Read more about Lennox central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-06-15 Name: Lawrence Anderson
Location: Austin,TX

"I got a LEMON"
I purchased this unit in 2007 and I have had to have it serviced every year and sometimes up to five times in one year and Lenox not willing to do anything about my unit. They have charged me out the kazoo in Labor cost and time spent waiting for a tech to come out is just outrageous. I know one thing for sure I will never purchase another lennox system ever again. This was my second unit and the first one barley lasted 6 years and dummy me purchased another on and it has been a lemon from day one. My next unit will be a Carrier or some other brand but I just as soon not have ac then buy a Lennox.

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: Chuck Harris
Location: Nashville, TN

"The Signature Money Pit W/this package unit"
I've had my unit for only 3 yrs and it stopped cooling, I've had it serviced regulary. This last time they had to add 4 1/2 pounds of refrigerant, @ $189.00 and didn't find a leak. I smell a scam, this energy star product, Dave Lennox Signture Collection 15GCSX cost $6100.00 sometimes we get moore for less. I feel that there is a leak, but after talking to customer don't care service I know that I'm on my own, They were short and rude. I will NEVER buy LENNOX again.

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: Ted Newhook
Location: West Palm Beach Florida

"COIL FAILURE"
We install a completely new Lennox System in our home and were told that they had the least problems. ONE YEAR later we are now having major problems the coiling coil failed and the Service company now tells us this in an ongoing problem from Lennos. The also told us it will be a least a few days to get the part. It is now 88 degreees in the house this is not what i paid Thoursands of dollars for andour service provider is great but he cannot fix something that Lennox does not have parts for. This is POOR SERVICE from Lennox from my view.

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: B Furry
Location: Tiltonsville, Ohio

"Shot after only 8 yrs!"
Bought 2 furnaces and 2 central air units 8yrs ago. One ac unit already shot! 3 to go? Will never buy again. I will do my best to tell everyone I know! Thinking about a few letter to the editors to describe my experience with the dealer AND company!

Date created: 2011-05-23 Name: Michael Hudosn
Location: Bossier City, LA

"Good equipment????"
New construction late 2005, first used 2 (1-5 ton, 1-3 ton) in 2006. Since that time the entire 3 ton outside unit has been replaced, the condensor coil on the 5 ton has been replaced, the service valve replaced, both attic evaporator coils have been replaced. Leak testing done 4-5 times, freon added or totally replaced on each occasion. Never have had a season without something being replaced or refilled. $750 bill last summer, $1250 invoive today for freon, installation of coil and service valve. Service company run by friend and neighbor who installed in my home the top of the line units and setup he put in his own home. Have zero confidence that units will work for 6-12 months without more parts and service. If they had lemon laws in Louisiana on a/c systems I would have already hired an attorney and filed.

Date created: 2011-05-22 Name: TJ Machado
Location: Mississauga, CA

"Nine Years Service and then leaks"
Gave good service for 9 years then seems to have sprung a leak. Replaced refrigerant after 9 years and then again it seems to need 2.5 lbs of refigerant implying a leak in the coil. I was expecting at least 15 years of trouble free service given I maintain it well.

Date created: 2011-05-21 Name: Crcil Turner
Location: danville, Ga.

"Home package a/c and heat pump"
Bought in Aug. 2009, started having problems in 2010 wouldn't cool to outside temp. 77 degrees is as far as it would bring down inside temp.and that is continously running 24 hrs a day. Freon had leaked out of coil. even though there was a warranty on coil, Lennox would not pay to replace bad component or poor workmanship, whichever caused problem.

Date created: 2011-04-22 Name: Mike C
Location: Greensboro, NC

"Lennox's Dual Zone System Has Problems"
Just spent $839.00 yesterday for a bad control board. I've replaced the fan, had trouble with the furnace, and have a freon leak somewhere. The system is good when it's running well but a piece of junk when it's not. I hope it will keep running another 7 years without costing too much money!

Date created: 2011-04-22 Name: Cecil Turner
Location: Danville Ga.

"Model no. 15chpxa-48-230-1A pkg unit"
I have owned a Lennox air conditioner heatpump pkg unit for 1year and about 8 mo. It is the sorriest unit I have ever had. It started going bad at the end of the first summer, quit cooling like it should, had water in air duck replaced. Started up second summer, wouldn't cool at all. Freon had leaked out of the evaporator coils. Coils had frozen up, causing the drain pan to freeze and bust . All around bottom of cabinate on cooling side had rusted up. Contacted Lennox, warranty on coil and compressor, but you had to pay all shipping, all labor, Labor is twice as high as their used parts. DO NOT BUY A LENNOX. IT IS A PEICE OF GARBAGE AND SHOULD BE PULLED FROM CONSUMERS.

Date created: 2011-04-18 Name: Mark Wahlmeier
Location: Adair, OK

"Poor Quality Products"
Own 2 units .... both had to be repaired day 1 ... major repairs every 6 months since. Poor quality from day one! Poor quality parts! Slow to react to lemon product. Will never own a lennox again!