Consumer Reviews of Lennox central air conditioners

Read more about Lennox central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-09-07 Name: Tina Griffin

"Nothing but trouble"
My Lennox unit is only 2 years old. We thought we were buying the best ac available. In two years I have had 6 service calls. My warranty did cover replacement of a tx valve and a new coil, both of which are major parts of the unit. It took several service calls to determine the problem and I had to pay for them. Wish we had never bought this brand!!! Has been nothing but a headache!!

Date created: 2011-09-02 Name: J. JAZZE
Location: LAS VEGAS,NV

"The compressor of my a/c stop working"
The compressor of my a/c stop working, I had to call a service company to get it fix. They said that my compressor is broke and they contact Lennox for warranty since the compressor is almost 3 years old and this company have made me wait for 10 days in order to get my warranty on my compressor, and let me tell you readers it has been a nightmare. My house was 97 degrees during night, for 10 days. We contact costumer service to try to put some pressure on that and this girl told me that they can do anything about it that we have to wait until the warranty department approve it. I was so disappointed, if have a/c is because we need it for living in this tremendous heat in Las Vegas. I was dehydrated, I couldn't sleep for days. I know one thing as soon as I have more money to invest on my a/c I am going to remove their crap out my house.
Date created: 2011-08-28 Name: S. Saha
Location: Fort Worth, TX

"Dave Lennox Signature Collection"
I have the Lennox inside unit for over 15 years and I am extremely satisfied with it's service and performance. I would recommend Lennox to anyone.
Date created: 2011-08-22 Name: Stany Van Den Bogaert
Location: Springfield MO

"Cost to much"
I had a Lennox heat pump installed and have had to call to get it fix the next week and have had a repairman out at least 6 times in the last year and half and am waiting for a repairman again. The unit will not keep my home warm in the winter and will not keep it cool in the summer. My old unit was in the home when we bought the home and worked for 3 years with one repair call. This unit is always needing repair. The representative is always saying that the new electronic are different and is more sensitive. What a joke. I burned wood in the fire place to keep the heat up and the propane bill down that is what a heat pump is made for.
Date created: 2011-08-12 Name: Shannon Semmas
Location: Danbury, CT

"Very Satisfied with Lennox"
Had this unit for 17 years, before I ever had to have anything fixed or replaced on it other than the freon/refrigerant. Just now had the capacitor replaced. Very happy with Lennox.
Date created: 2011-08-09 Name: WJ
Location: GA

"Very bad!"
Try another brand. I already spent $1500 dollars on it. Coil problems.
Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: F. Burgos
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Do not buy this brand"
This Lennox ac unit came with the house we bought new 3 years ago. After 1 year it started to make loud noises like metal grinding against metal. Nobody could find the problem and I was told this was just the normal. After 2 years, I had to pay $265.21 to replace the condenser fan motor. Now, a little more than 3 years, the circuit breaker keeps tripping as soon as I turn the ac on. I was told that the compressor is out and needs to be replaced and Chas Roberts, the contractor is asking $1,500 to do it. What a lousy deal is this? What else is going to go wrong with this product? I am afraid to spend this much money to have this break again. We live in Arizona and the summer here is unforgiving, we have an elderly person living with us and we have to find a place to relocate her because we are afraid she would have a heat stoke. I strongly warn you not to buy this brand. The positive reviews for this brand probably came from employees or paid writers.
Date created: 2011-08-03 Name: Rodney
Location: Canada

"Couldn't be Happier"
Our Lennox unit has been perfect and worth every penny. With a small baby in a 2 story home her bedroom would never cool down. Since install she sleeps so much better. Unit is super quiet, and after 2 months of summer barely even notice it on our electrical bill. People gave me a hard time for choosing Lennox, I wouldn't think twice about it. Friends have a KeepRite and are seeing 50-100 electrical bill increases.
Date created: 2011-07-26 Name: James Evans
Location: Indianapolis In

"The very best unit I ever had"
I have a hs 8-211-11ffa unit. It is at least 20 years old and has never failed until this year, My HVAC person says he can fix this unit and is going to attempt to repair it and that repair is only a leak that developed from years of service. I put this unit in my home used in 1991 as I was working at a Lennox dealer and it was a unit I took out of a home that the furnace had gone bad but the a/c was still good. so I brought it home and installed it in my home and its has served us well. If My HVAC man doesn't manage to fix this old unit I plan to purchase another Lennox, I'm sold on these units.
Date created: 2011-07-13 Name: Frank
Location: Downers ,IL

"Becoming concerned"
I have called back the dealer twice and complained the unit does not dispel enough moisture from the air (of course they came out and said it was fine) My other air conditioner I had prior to this (carrier 23 yrs) would pump water into pit constantly with the lennox I hardly hear a trickle. It may sound odd but I never serviced the other (carrier) once.
<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>