Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-07-26 Name: James Evans
Location: Indianapolis In

"The very best unit I ever had"
I have a hs 8-211-11ffa unit. It is at least 20 years old and has never failed until this year, My HVAC person says he can fix this unit and is going to attempt to repair it and that repair is only a leak that developed from years of service. I put this unit in my home used in 1991 as I was working at a Lennox dealer and it was a unit I took out of a home that the furnace had gone bad but the a/c was still good. so I brought it home and installed it in my home and its has served us well. If My HVAC man doesn't manage to fix this old unit I plan to purchase another Lennox, I'm sold on these units.

Date created: 2011-07-13 Name: Frank
Location: Downers ,IL

"Becoming concerned"
I have called back the dealer twice and complained the unit does not dispel enough moisture from the air (of course they came out and said it was fine) My other air conditioner I had prior to this (carrier 23 yrs) would pump water into pit constantly with the lennox I hardly hear a trickle. It may sound odd but I never serviced the other (carrier) once.

Date created: 2011-07-02 Name: Maria Adams
Location: san antonio, TX

"Very bad air condition system"
This air condition is very bad. I had spent a lot of money. So far they had come four times this year and today is 80 degrees inside the house.

Date created: 2011-06-28 Name: W.McVadon
Location: Baton Rouge,LA

"Elite Series XC16- 5 ton does the job"
Replaced my previous Lennox unit which was 16 years old, and not broken. In South Louisiana, I did not wait for failure, so in April, 2010 the new unit was selected because my utility bills were not extremely high and †his was better priced than the ones qualifying for tax credit. It has been over 14 mos. and we have had record setting heat both years, over 100 and constant 95 plus days. The unit has performed flawlessly and with a savings of about 30% over the old system. My installer knows the business and we are quite satisfied.

Date created: 2011-06-27 Name: KimdR
Location: Gainesville GA

"Lennox is Junk"
2 Units in our house, 7 years old. 2nd floor unit replaced after 6 years, not main floor unit needs to be replaced. Lennox won't do anything to help us. We shouldn't have to replace both units when they are only 6 & & years old. DON'T buy Lennox.

Date created: 2011-06-22 Name: S. Kearney
Location: Sonora, CA

"Wish I had seen these reviews before I bought"
We have had this unit for 1 year and had to have the dealer out 22 times. We got a top of the line 5 ton unit with 3 zones in the house. These people that claim they have the best HVAC should be sued for false advertising. I work with quite a few people in a small community and when they ask about Lennox I tell them to buy anything else but that brand.

Date created: 2011-06-22 Name: Jane
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"Hope I haven't made an expensive mistake..."
I just signed a purchase order for a new Lennox unit, the X-17 ($9000!) to replace the one currently in place (but not functioning, as I swelter in 90 degree whether). Bought my home new in 2001- construction grade Lennox model of the Elite Series (CB30 M or something like that) broke down within 3 months of moving in. It was still in warranty so I did not have to pay to have it replaced. Has broken down twice. the first time the repairman blamed it on lightening and convinced me to purchase a "surge protection" unit for $75. The next, I never got a good sense of what the reason for the breakdown was. I was on a service plan and arranged for at least one service call a year. Last years service visit- the repairman indicated it would break down within the year and to plan on a new one and sure enough, yesterday was my unlucky day. Service agent came out today and talked me into the X-17 for the aforementioned 9 grand. After reading all these reviews, hope I have not made a big mistake!

Date created: 2011-06-15 Name: Lawrence Anderson
Location: Austin,TX

"I got a LEMON"
I purchased this unit in 2007 and I have had to have it serviced every year and sometimes up to five times in one year and Lenox not willing to do anything about my unit. They have charged me out the kazoo in Labor cost and time spent waiting for a tech to come out is just outrageous. I know one thing for sure I will never purchase another lennox system ever again. This was my second unit and the first one barley lasted 6 years and dummy me purchased another on and it has been a lemon from day one. My next unit will be a Carrier or some other brand but I just as soon not have ac then buy a Lennox.

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: Chuck Harris
Location: Nashville, TN

"The Signature Money Pit W/this package unit"
I've had my unit for only 3 yrs and it stopped cooling, I've had it serviced regulary. This last time they had to add 4 1/2 pounds of refrigerant, @ $189.00 and didn't find a leak. I smell a scam, this energy star product, Dave Lennox Signture Collection 15GCSX cost $6100.00 sometimes we get moore for less. I feel that there is a leak, but after talking to customer don't care service I know that I'm on my own, They were short and rude. I will NEVER buy LENNOX again.

Date created: 2011-06-09 Name: Ted Newhook
Location: West Palm Beach Florida

"COIL FAILURE"
We install a completely new Lennox System in our home and were told that they had the least problems. ONE YEAR later we are now having major problems the coiling coil failed and the Service company now tells us this in an ongoing problem from Lennos. The also told us it will be a least a few days to get the part. It is now 88 degreees in the house this is not what i paid Thoursands of dollars for andour service provider is great but he cannot fix something that Lennox does not have parts for. This is POOR SERVICE from Lennox from my view.