Consumer Reviews of Lennox central air conditioners

Read more about Lennox central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-05-07 Name: Jerry Ford
Location: New Braunfels TX

"Leaking Coils"
There are 2 new units. Both have had leaking coils and corrosion requiring new installation of coil unit. One has been replaced 2 times. While the a/c installer gets new coil units it costs me almost $500 each time for labor to replace each coil. He seems to think there is something in this new house causing the corrosion then lets the cooling gas leaks out. I disagree as there is an old unit (saved from old house) upstairs that is not leaking. I worry once the warrenty expires then I will have to pay for both coils and labor. He says he doesn't have the same problem elsewhere.

Date created: 2012-05-04 Name: B Yon

"Piece of junk"
We have 3 ton heat pump. How does this company stay in business? Nothing but problems since day one. I'm seriously thinking about replacing this unit that is still under warranty because the labor is killing me!

Date created: 2012-05-03 Name: JESSIE
Location: FLORIDA

"HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE"
We are an air conditioning company. Every time I have to call Lennox customer service I want to scream, they have the worst most untrained people.

Date created: 2012-03-20 Name: Frank J. Felix
Location: Tucson, AZ

"Homeowner"
We installed supposedly the "top of the Line" unit 4.5 years back and have had nothing but problems ever since. And, the Service Tech's seem unfamilar/not well trained, they never seem to order the right replacement part, and have cause more problems in servicing the unit. Would never recommend this product nor the company that sold us this lemon; d&h Air Conditioning and Heating Co.

Date created: 2012-03-02 Name: Lynne
Location: New Jersey

"1978 Model still going"
My 1978 Model is still going strong. We may update the a/c this year to a more energy efficent unit.....will stick with Lennox.

Date created: 2012-02-23 Name: Sherry
Location: Harmony, NC

"Lennox Sucks!"
I have only owned this unit (new) for six years. It has leaked freon almost from the get go. I have contacted both the company that installed it and the Lennox Corp, and both blew me off. It has a leak in the coils which will cost me around $1200 to trace down and I don't know how much to fix. I will never buy or recommend a Lennox to anyone. As an American with disabilities, I certainly can't afford to replace it. Don't buy Lennox!

Date created: 2012-01-25 Name: M. Taylor
Location: Willow Spring, NC

"NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!"
When we bought our house it had a couple of older but running a/c units. We opted to replace them rather than take a chance of having it break. We purchased 2 Lennox Signature Series units one being the xp-15 which is the problem child. First it developed what they called dirty sock syndrome ... you can imagine how the house smelled. Lennox did step up and powder coat some component to eliminate this issue. The unit at that time was 13 months old. Next @ 18 months the fan motor on the unit outside went bad. Lennox covered the part as required by the warranty and my dealer was nice enough to cover the labor due to its young age and as stated by the dealer they had issues with that motor as it was too small for the unit. Now were at 2.5 years and the compressor has developed a problem. The dealer I purchased it from indicated that they had found this to be common with this unit and had even talked to Lennox about it ... oh yeah with a labor discount it will be $627.00 to fix it. I called Lennox and was basically told what part of parts only warranty didn't you understand. They disavowed all knowledge of any issues with their compressors and told me "We don't cover labor period" What ever happened to quality and customerr service? Never again will I purchase a Lennox product and will do my damndest to discourage anyone else from doing so. Oh I almost forgot the tech who worked on it stated he would never own a Lennox due to all the issues he sees in the field. He stated he would opt for a Trans.

Date created: 2012-01-14 Name: Deb & Gary Waller
Location: Midland, Tx

"Elite"
This is the worst unit I have ever been around. I would not recommend Lennox to any one. The unit is so loud you can not watch tv with out turning up the tv or talk in the rooms around it with out yelling. I will never have a Lennox unit again! I'm sure that there has to be a problem in the design of the unit because after several attempts to solve the noise problem we were told that this model has a noise problem. I am very frustrated that i'm "stuck" with a unit that is so loud and can't afford to start over as we had the unit put in 4 years ago when we bought the house. If you have a solution please share with me as this has obviously caused me not to recommend your product!

Date created: 2011-09-07 Name: Tina Griffin

"Nothing but trouble"
My Lennox unit is only 2 years old. We thought we were buying the best ac available. In two years I have had 6 service calls. My warranty did cover replacement of a tx valve and a new coil, both of which are major parts of the unit. It took several service calls to determine the problem and I had to pay for them. Wish we had never bought this brand!!! Has been nothing but a headache!!

Date created: 2011-09-02 Name: J. JAZZE
Location: LAS VEGAS,NV

"The compressor of my a/c stop working"
The compressor of my a/c stop working, I had to call a service company to get it fix. They said that my compressor is broke and they contact Lennox for warranty since the compressor is almost 3 years old and this company have made me wait for 10 days in order to get my warranty on my compressor, and let me tell you readers it has been a nightmare. My house was 97 degrees during night, for 10 days. We contact costumer service to try to put some pressure on that and this girl told me that they can do anything about it that we have to wait until the warranty department approve it. I was so disappointed, if have a/c is because we need it for living in this tremendous heat in Las Vegas. I was dehydrated, I couldn't sleep for days. I know one thing as soon as I have more money to invest on my a/c I am going to remove their crap out my house.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>