Consumer Reviews of LENNOX central air conditioners

Read more about LENNOX central air conditioners

Date created: 2012-05-26 Name: UNKOWN
Location: CA

"Bad copper"
I work for a company that sells Lennox. Lennox has had a great reputation until 5 to 7 yrs ago. we have had a number of leaks in evaporator coils. they are blaming it on indoor voc. that houses now a days are sealed and dont let fresh air in homes. but we have had new unit installed in older homes and still they leak. I think that the copper they are using is of poor quality. Lennox, Carrier, SCT all use the same coil manufacturer. We need beter copper.

Date created: 2012-05-24 Name: Claudia Allen

"Lennox 14P Elite"
Buyer beware!!! We have had the company who installed it out here 7 times since it was installed in April 2010.. May 2012..Compressor burned up..$370 labor to reinstall another one.. Which only leave 8 years left on the warranty.. You would think every time a new compressor is replaced the warranty would start over but noooooo!!! I will never recommend a lennox again!! It is crap!! When you pay $7500 for a heating & Air unit it would last a while!!!!

Date created: 2012-05-21 Name: M Cohen
Location: Detroit, MI

"Buy another brand"
Moved into newly constructed home with 2 Lennox units - one for each level. Units failed yearly for 3 years and had to have motors replaced, fans replaced etc. Have required service almost yearly and finally had to replace them.

Date created: 2012-05-16 Name: T.Daniels
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"The Heat is On"
Lennox ac unit m/n13hpd-060-230-02 s/n 5808b04106 Built 2008 Installed 2008 moved into my new home 2008. Unit has needed repairs for the last 3 years and now the installer says I need a new unit. This is my first Lennox product so I cant say don't buy but just be warned save money for a very rainy day.

Date created: 2012-05-07 Name: Jerry Ford
Location: New Braunfels TX

"Leaking Coils"
There are 2 new units. Both have had leaking coils and corrosion requiring new installation of coil unit. One has been replaced 2 times. While the a/c installer gets new coil units it costs me almost $500 each time for labor to replace each coil. He seems to think there is something in this new house causing the corrosion then lets the cooling gas leaks out. I disagree as there is an old unit (saved from old house) upstairs that is not leaking. I worry once the warrenty expires then I will have to pay for both coils and labor. He says he doesn't have the same problem elsewhere.

Date created: 2012-05-04 Name: B Yon

"Piece of junk"
We have 3 ton heat pump. How does this company stay in business? Nothing but problems since day one. I'm seriously thinking about replacing this unit that is still under warranty because the labor is killing me!

Date created: 2012-05-03 Name: JESSIE
Location: FLORIDA

"HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE"
We are an air conditioning company. Every time I have to call Lennox customer service I want to scream, they have the worst most untrained people.

Date created: 2012-03-20 Name: Frank J. Felix
Location: Tucson, AZ

"Homeowner"
We installed supposedly the "top of the Line" unit 4.5 years back and have had nothing but problems ever since. And, the Service Tech's seem unfamilar/not well trained, they never seem to order the right replacement part, and have cause more problems in servicing the unit. Would never recommend this product nor the company that sold us this lemon; d&h Air Conditioning and Heating Co.

Date created: 2012-03-02 Name: Lynne
Location: New Jersey

"1978 Model still going"
My 1978 Model is still going strong. We may update the a/c this year to a more energy efficent unit.....will stick with Lennox.

Date created: 2012-02-23 Name: Sherry
Location: Harmony, NC

"Lennox Sucks!"
I have only owned this unit (new) for six years. It has leaked freon almost from the get go. I have contacted both the company that installed it and the Lennox Corp, and both blew me off. It has a leak in the coils which will cost me around $1200 to trace down and I don't know how much to fix. I will never buy or recommend a Lennox to anyone. As an American with disabilities, I certainly can't afford to replace it. Don't buy Lennox!