Consumer Reviews of Lennox central air conditioners

Read more about Lennox central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-01-22 Name: J. Simmons
Location: Denver, CO

Lennox is the most over-priced, over-hyped equipment on the market. Their units consistently have the highest failure rate among all brands. What they are good at is marketing.....they convince consumers that their product is "elite".....I've been a contractor for over 25 years and Lennox keeps my pockets lined with repair calls on their garbage products. Keep up the good work Lennox...HVAC Repair contractors love your products!

Date created: 2013-01-08 Name: Randall Dalton
Location: Kansas City

"Lennox POS"
We bought our Lennox 6 years ago and it has been a money pit. Replaced the compressor, thermostat, 2 controller boards, ignitor. Our old furnace was 18+ years old and worked flawlessly.
Date created: 2012-11-03 Name: E Brandlen
Location: Houston, TX

"Horrible"
Bought a Lennox condensor (model lcs13dc-042) less than two months ago to replace the 20-year old Carrier unit that cooled my down strairs after it failed. As of today the Lennox condensor is broken. The 20-year old Carrier unit that cools the upstairs is still running. I had planned to replace that old Carrier condensor with a new, matching, Lennox condensor this coming spring...not so sure I'll do that now.
Date created: 2012-09-15 Name: Chris
Location: Spring TX

"5 ton ac unit"
Our compressor recently went out on our Lennox ac. The unit is 16 years old and was there when we bought our house. We have been satisfied with the unit so we were happy to replace the condenser and coil with new Lennox equipment.
Date created: 2012-09-13 Name: Lisa Tamayo
Location: Magnolia, TX

"Biggest Lemon"
This unit only lasted 4 years. My last one lasted 12-14 years, not sure of brand name. The Lennox parts warranty only covers some parts, not all. Labor went to 10+ hours & still didn't fix the problem. Would have been another 6-8 hours and cost over $1600 parts & labor. Ended up ordering a New Central Air unit. Read bad reviews on the "Goodman" but was recommended by tech. Paying the same amount for a new unit. But Lennox should have helped with the labor. Must have gotten a lemon....SORRY I never investigated before buying the lennox.
Date created: 2012-08-24 Name: John Heaphy
Location: Fort Myers, Fl

"These things are junk"
The installer/maintenance company told me it was "time to step up" to a real system like Ruud or Trane. This thing died in less than 6 years, 10 months after the warranty
Date created: 2012-08-20 Name: r reynolds
Location: tahlequah, ok

"NO FILTER FOR YOU!"
I like to maintain everything that I own myself. My Lennox units require a special filter sold locally only by Lennox. After years of purchasing filters at the Lennox parts store, they will no longer sell them to me because I am not a licensed hvac contractor. They suggest that I pay seventy dollars per filter thru one of their authorized hvac contractors or purchase them on line, after market for twenty five dollars. I wonder what would happen if a major auto maker required you to be a licensed mechanic to purchase an oil or air filter for the car you purchased from them?
Date created: 2012-08-06 Name: Janet
Location: Toms River , New Jersey

"Lennox 16 Seer Compressor"
Our old Coleman condensor crapped out after 20 years of service. This central a/c system cooled our upper floor. The Lennox tech came out to service the old Coleman and recommended we change out the Coleman condenser with a high energy Lennox condenser. After said and done, we did not have a high efficency Lennox condenser compatible with the old Coleman air handler. WHY? We later found out that the old Coleman was not compatible with the new Lennox. Word of caution to anyone with Central A/C system over 15 years old crapping out. Whenever in doubt, Go to Amana Technical support when changing over Cental A/C. If not for our Amana tech we would not have known it was time to cash in and have a total change out with our entire system. We picked the new Amana ASX18 high efficency 18 Seer Air Conditioner with air handler in our home. Thanks Amana. Your have the honest and Best Techs.
Date created: 2012-08-04 Name: Ihab El-Zoghbi
Location: Brossard, Quebec, Canada

"XP-15-036 Lennox heat pump"
The worst product I have ever bought. It breaks down twice per year starting the first year of purchase. When I call for service "air fortier" company, they charge for everything they do. I do not understand what type of warranty it comes with. My advice is to never buy from Lennox products. Ihab
Date created: 2012-07-05 Name: Inge Patton
Location: Bowling Green KY

"Very poor"
We moved from the desert to Kentucky. We rarely had any issues with our AC in those high desert temps. But here in Kentucky we had the unfortunate event of buying a new home with a brand new Lennox AC. We have had constant problems with the unit and as of now it is still not resolved. In short, it is garbage.
<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>